• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 9,039 Views, 307 Comments

Like no other. - Saint-Mercy



I'm always being tracked down, why? Because I am the only one of my kind in all of Equestria. No matter how far I run, or even how good I hide they always find me. The only reason I can keep running and hiding is because I fight.

  • ...
55
 307
 9,039

Not a killer

I left the bar and proceeded to the dirt street. As I walked along the road I heard footsteps following me. An assassin? I hope not...I really hope not. I turned to look behind me. I saw nothing. "I don't know who you are, but leave...this is my only warning." I really hope I wasn't just talking to the air, I hate looking like a moron.

I continued on, this time no footsteps were following me. I made a turn from the dirt road and walked on. I kept going until I found the tree line. I took off into a brisk jog, hoping no one would see me. I would rather leave town unnoticed. Just disappear like I always do.

After walking far enough into the woods I found my camp site. It was all so systematic by now. Go to my tent, grab my sleeping bag and back pack, unset the tent and pack it up, roll my sleeping bag up and tie it to my back pack, if I had a fire set up I would put it out, but there wasn't one this time.

As I tied the sleeping bag to my backpack I heard a bristle from the trees. It couldn't have been the wind because I didn't feel any wind. I stood up straight and observed my surroundings, again another thing that came so natural to me. Always so alert, always paying attention. I heard another bristle. I looked down at the ground, dirt..more dirt..rocks. Good. I bent over and picked up a few rocks. "If you don't leave now, I swear these rocks will find you." Silence. "This isn't a threat, it's a promise."

A hooded figure walked out from the trees. Wait...wasn't that the girl from earlier? "What do you want." I dropped all the rocks but one...cant be to trusting, I already learned my lesson.

"I...I don't know." This girl obviously wasn't the smartest of people..I mean who would follow a person that just kicked some of their friends asses?

"Go away." I waved her off and pulled my backpack up onto my back.

"A-are you leaving?" She quietly said. If she was so afraid why was she still here?

"Yes." I simply said, I didn't intend to humor her any further.

"C-can I come with you?" She caught me off guard, so much that I dropped the rock I was holding.

"..."

"Please?"

I let out a sigh and walked towards her. "Are you stupid?" Either my voice was more angry than I intended it to be or she was more scared of me then I thought, because she flinched back as I spoke. I flinched to..internally. "If you are so scared of me, why the hell are you following me?"

Tears were forming in her eyes. "I have no where to go." She whispered.

"Then maybe you should have thought about that before you tried to kill me!" I shouted at her.

"I-I didn't want to hurt you." Her voice was incredibly shaky.

"You fucking hit me! Like five times!" My anger was now showing on my face, the flush red skin boiled.

"P-please don't kill me." I barely heard her say it. It was so quiet, so faint..yet those words hit me hard. I pulled away from her.

"I'm not a killer." I told her. I pulled off my backpack and placed it down. I looked at the girl who was hiding underneath her hood. I sighed and sat down in the dirt. I motioned her to sit next to me. She did, surprisingly. We sat there in silence.

".."

"..." Awkward, peaceful silence. After about five minutes I spoke up. "Well that was a nice chat but I gotta go." I was back to my sarcastic self again.

"May...I follow you?" She asked it again, but this time I was prepared. I gave her the easiest way out of a confusing question.

"Why?" The simplest and fastest way to avoid something. That is...unless the person actually has something to say.

"You said you weren't a killer...right?" I nodded to her. "Well..I have no where to go.."

"Uh-huh." I was getting tired fast of this conversation.

"If you leave me here...alone..you might as well be killing me." That got me. It made sense now that I thought about it. She must have put her entire life into whoever she was with. They weren't her friends, they were her associates.

"...." I had nothing to say, I just stood up and grabbed my bag lifting it up onto my back. I wasted too much time..I had to go now.

"Please?" She whined at me. I didn't give her an answer, I just turned away from her and left. I heard the much expected footsteps follow me. "I'll take that as a yes." She quoted me...

I turned to her. "You can follow me, but I am not your hero! If you are in danger don't expect me to save you, I will not share my food with you...and later you will explain why your group was chasing me.." I turned away from her and continued on. I heard a squee. Like not a squeal or squeak but like a squee....it was too hard to explain. She bounced happily beside me, her hood bobbing with her steps. "And one more thing." She stopped.

"What?" She said, her voice was rather happy sounding. I reached out towards her, she didn't even flinch. I grabbed her hood and pulled it back. There she was, another anthro, her coat was a mint green, her eyes a shiny gold, her mane was mint green but had a white stripe in it. Her facial features were...well, I think attractive, if I were an anthro.

"You have to get rid of this hood...and the cloak." I told her.

"You just wanna see me naked." I didn't even give her the privilege of seeing my blush, for I turned away from her.

"Either ditch it and follow me, or just leave." I flatly said. I heard the sound of clothes dropping, I wasn't going to look back just in case she was actually naked.

We kept walking until we broke past the tree line and found the dirt road.

"Where are we going?" She asked me.

I didn't look her way as I spoke. "Wherever the road leads us." I said, quoting some movie that I didn't really remember.

She jumped in front of me. For the first time I saw her body features. Thankfully she was fully dressed. The girl was wearing so,e type of fabric that hug her entire figure. Her breasts were about the size of oranges, her body wasn't too curvy, but did have the right ones in the right spot, she was thin. Her entire figure shouted the word 'flexible' at me. I laughed a bit internally, but on the outside I had a small tinge of blush.

"So do you like just go from town to town?" I nodded to her and walked passed the girl. "Hey human." I turned to her.

"Yes?"

"Nothing." Ugh, I HATE when people do that, either she actually had something to ask me or she was just bored, either way that is incredibly annoying.

We continued walking for about a minute before the girl spoke up again. "Do you have any money?" I shook my head. "Then how do you eat? Wait don't answer that." She probably didn't like the idea of me hunting for food. She was going to have to find out one way or another.

Another minute passed before the girl asked me another pointless question. "Have you ever had a traveling buddy before?" I shook my head. "Oh! So am I your first?!..wait don't answer that." I couldn't tell if she said that because she already answered her own question or at how wrong that sounded.

Another minute passed before she opened her mouth, but this time I cut her off. "You see, I used to enjoy the silent walks I had, but now I have some girl following me, thinking we are just the best of friends." I said with as much ice in my voice I could manage.

"First of all, I know were not friends...yet." She whispered that last part. "And lastly I am not some girl! I am Lyr-" I cut her off.

"I don't intend on learning your name, as I expect the same on your half for me. We are not going to be friends okay? I am only allowing you with me because I am merciful!" Wow...I sounded like a jerk. I didn't like how I sounded, but I did want to make my point clear to her.

"..." She remained silent. I kind of felt bad...but it was necessary. I didn't need some anthro becoming attached to me. I didn't need anyone becoming close to me.


And so continued on my life, not exactly normal, now that I have a person following me everywhere. Always fighting, or always running. Usually I did it all alone, but now I have a traveling partner. Oh well.