• Published 12th Mar 2014
  • 436 Views, 1 Comments

Disappearance; thy name is Breezie - darthshadow25



When everypony you ever knew has dissapeared but a few of your closest friends, what do you do?

  • ...
 1
 436

The journal of Fluttershy

Disappearance; thy name is breezie

by

Darthshadow25

Day 2

I’m scared. Horribly horribly scared. Everypony is gone, well, almost everypony. Three of my best friends in all of Equestria, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie, are still with me. Even then it’s still just too much...so much loss. To clarify to anypony reading this my name is Fluttershy. I live used to live in Ponyville along with my best friends and everyone I cared about. I used to tend to animals. Thats what my special talent was, talking to animals. I used to do so many fun things with so many nice ponies that, even with me being as shy as I am, now that they’re all gone I’m lonely...so lonely. Now I have no home; now I have no animals to tend to; now I do nothing but survive and write in this journal to keep me sane, or as sane as possible under these grim circumstances.

I have this entry labeled ‘Day 2’ because me and the girls have taken to calling the day everypony disappeared ‘Day 0’. As you should be able to tell, it has been 2 days since then. I’ve decided to start keeping a journal as a way of recording this dark chapter in Equestria’s history, or so I’d like to tell myself that. Since theres no hope that anypony will ever read this because they are all gone! I shouldn't have said that. I know there are other ponies out there in the same predicament as us…right? Either way it’s getting late and I should be going to sleep. In the morning we will continue on our path to Canterlot. Because if anypony can fix this it’s the princesses.

~ ~ ~

Day 3

Oh my god...or goddesses as the case may be. I woke up at my normal time today, right before the sun comes up. The sun was up. When I say up, I mean way up. It looked as if it were noon, but even now it’s only about 7...or 8...or 9. I just don’t know any more. At first I tried to make myself believe I overslept, but being a pegasus gives one an impeccable inner clock. My inner clock told me that it was sunrise, but it wasn’t. Now, I can’t trust what my body feels when It comes to time; only what my eyes can see. Much more jarring than a messed up clock is what these odd day and night cycles indicate. I just hope my suspicions aren’t right.

___

We’ve given up on going to Canterlot. The suns going down now. My ‘clock’ only says it’s 6…the sun goes is supposed to go down at 8. We have decided to sleep on what we should do next. Rarity thinks we should go to Manehatten, for obvious reasons, but I agree with her. If we are to find anypony else, where else would we find them than in the largest city in Equestria.

~ ~ ~

Day 4

So after deliberations, we have decided to go to Trottingham. While not as big as Manehatten it provides us with an excellent route to the griffon kingdoms. If our search for ponies turns up with nothing we need to see how wide reaching this catastrophe is. Even though I’m writing this all down, don’t think for a second that this was my idea. It was actually Pinkie’s, which is surprising considering how goofy she always acts.

~ ~ ~

Day 6

Nothing but walking yesterday. We walked and walked and walked until we had to stop, or risk passing out from exhaustion. The train tracks in between cities helps us keep on course. It’s just so sad. The whole trek we haven't encountered a single animal. No evening insects playing their sweet symphony for us. No mama or papa birds flying their way home to their chicks, feeding them with the worms that no longer wriggle through the soil, that deer and other woodland creatures no longer trod upon. We stopped to get a drink from a fishless lake after walking past a critterless forest. Not a single animal. Not even one. None. I miss my animals.

~ ~ ~

Day 7

It’s been a whole week. A whole week of seeing not a single creature, pony, dragon, or anything!

___

We decided to take a break after passing through Appeloosa. Nopony. I guess thats to be expected, though. Rarity just told me that were about to leave so I’ll talk to you later.

___

That is kind of awkward. I just looked at what I wrote earlier. Heh, I actually addressed you this journal as a person. Something we’re horribly lacking lately. Well the good news is while in Appleoosa we gathered some supplies, seeing as nopony else is going to need them for a while. So I guess thats good...yay.

~ ~ ~

Day 10

We made it to Trottingham. In a world where ponies bustled back and forth on their daily routines, the city might have been described as…nice. Now it’s just a ghost town. We are going to set up camp in the Library. We found out that it is in a good, central location with a supermarket a block away in case we get hungry. All thanks to Dash, being as fast as she is. I’m glad some Pegasus can be useful; bring good. All I’ve brought in the past 10 days has been sorrow. If it wasn’t for Rarity’s leadership we would all have starved by now. Rarity doesn’t want us to think of her as our leader, but even Rainbow Dash knows thats just how it is.

We don’t know what we’re going to do after we finish searching the city. I guess we’ll
talk about that when the time comes. For now we are just going to rest up for the day, start searching tomorrow.

~ ~ ~

Day 11

I cried myself to sleep last night. I’ve been doing a lot more of that lately. Crying. Ever since I opened up that damned evil book things have only gotten worse. Rainbow Dash keeps getting more angry. Last night, when I was trying to sleep, I heard her screaming, screaming, at Rarity. Going on and on about how she just doesn’t understand. I have never seen such animosity hatred between friends. I miss Twilight. I miss Applejack. I miss everypony. Rarity says it’s time to go search for survivors. I don’t know why. We already know what we are, or as the case may be, aren't going to find.

___

We found...nothing. What a shocker. Rarity is trying to tell us that we still have over half of the city to search, but we all know that it’s futile. Still, it’s better than giving up...right.

~ ~ ~

Day 12

We all look horrible. Our eyes are sunken, ringed with darkness, just like our lives. Rarity’s coat has lost all of its vibrance, her mane almost seems as if it is a duller shade of purple. Pinkie’s mane, having been deprived of whatever tools with which she uses to get it to her signature poofiness, is becoming flatter by the day. Rainbow’s already surly mane now matches her attitude, although I don’t know where she is right now. Rarity says that she is out searching for food, but I know thats not true. We already have plenty of food.

I wish that my friends would stop lying to me. I wish every missing creature would just reappear as if nothing ever happened so I could go back to living the way I was. I wish that none of this had ever happened in the first place. I wish that I would have simply disposed of those wretched breezies when I had the chance.

___

I had to stop writing earlier. I couldn’t think straight. All of my thoughts were consumed with rage and I was writing things I didn’t mean. But…it felt...good. It felt good to write those things and think those thoughts. Am I a bad pony?

___

Yes.

~ ~ ~

Day 14

I told Rarity that I wasn’t going to go look for survivors. Whats the point. Wasting all that energy and time to affirm what we already know. No, I’m not going to do it, I’m not going to go out there and get my hopes up just to have them crushed. I’m staying here. I’m not going to leave.

Now that I actually have time, I want to tell you how we got to this point, how this all started. Two weeks ago me and my friends help the Breezies make it back home. We did it because it was the right thing to do. We did it because we thought they were some poor defenceless creatures that needed our help.

We were wrong. We were horribly, horribly wrong. Those evil little creatures only wanted us to journey with them to their home so they could give me that book. That book. That book is what caused all of this. All of this suffering, loneliness, sadness, depression...hate. I hate those breezies for what they did, I hate my friends for fighting all the time, I hate the princesses for abandoning us, I hate everything, but most of all...I hate myself! I hate myself for ever wanting to help them, for even considering opening that book! If I would have just threw the book away or burned it none of this would have ever happened. None of my friends would have disappeared and none of these journal entries would have ever been written.

I can’t go on like this. I want everypony to know that no matter what I said I loved you. I loved every living thing, But not anymore.

I’m sorry Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash.

Goodbye.

Comments ( 1 )

Holy shit, that was sad. Good job! I liked it, nice 28 days later feel without the zombies. Very well written and a good read! Nice job, Darth! Wanna do another story competition with next weeks prompt?:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment