• Published 12th Mar 2014
  • 496 Views, 0 Comments

Skies Over Equestria - xScootalooGamer



When Scootaloo and her friends go for a weekend away to go see the Wonderbolts in Manehattan, Scootaloo is faced with the decision of friends or idols. What will she choose in this adventurous trip?

  • ...
 0
 496

A new beginning

As the blinding sunrise shone through Appleblooms bedroom window, half covered with long green curtains, the three little filly's, Applebloom, Sweetie belle and Scootaloo woke up blissfully blinking in the bright sunlight. Scootaloo's eyes shot open in excitement.

"guys wake up! Wake up!".

Sweetie Belle groaned as Scootaloo continued to cheer.

"what's happnin' y'all?" Asked a dazed and tiered Applebloom.

Scootaloo, still happily chanting and cheering away, leaped over Applebloom's large pink bed, dashing over to where here tiny saddlebag lay slumped on the floor next to the others. Opening it and pulling out a large, black poster reading 'Sky's Over Equestria, Wonderbolts World Tour. As Sweetie Belle and Applebloom slowly got up to see what Scootaloo was holding up in her mouth they both suddenly remembered this was the day they would go to see the Wonderbolt's world tour in Manehattan!

"ah still don't know why your so excited Scoot's" Applebloom spoke quietly still waking up.

"Yeah there only racers..." Sweetie Belle added.

Scootaloo gasped in horror
"ONLY RACERS!? These are the BEST racers in all of Equestria!"

Out of breath she panted and looked at her two best friends. Sweetie Belle sighed.

"I wish I could of seen The Pony King in the hoofington theater".

The corners of Scootaloo's mouth turned up slowly as her two friends looked at her confusingly. As the small orange filly turned around quickly and rummaged through her saddlebag, shooting out with three gold covered tickets with 'The Pony King' written in fancy writing. Sweetie and Applebloom started leaping about in pure joy and happiness, only stopping to ask the occasional question such as how? and when? All of which were answered by the happy little purple maned filly.

"let's just say I have contacts" replied Scootaloo.

Sweetie and Applebloom leaped towards Scootaloo and put their three small hooves together shouting.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders, YAY!"

As the filly's stood at the train station with Rarity and Applejack the two sisters told the three little filly's everything they needed to know for their first trip without a older pony.

"now lil' sis don't talk to no other ponies and wear warm clothes Kay?" applejack addressed Applebloom.

"Applejack is terribly right! But make sure you look fabulous at the same time!" Rarity said dramatically fixing her mane so it looked just right.

The trio of filly's looked at each other sighing at Rarity's self obsessing.

"here comes the train y'all!" Applebloom chanted as the long pink and blue train chucked along the tracks towards the station platform.

"now you three be careful alright?"

Rarity told the filly's, nodding their heads, the girls walked up to the train as the screeching noise of it stoping faded away with the steam.

"Bye!" Shouted Sweetie Belle.

"see y'all when we come back!" Applebloom said whilst fixing her saddlebag.

Fluttering weakly into the train, her tiny wings beating a hundred times a second Scootaloo waved saying goodbye to here friends older sisters. Just as they were About to jump into the carriage a flash of blue shot across the sky and landed beside Applejack and Rarity.

"Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"you came to say goodbye!"

Her wings now beating as fast as ever.

"Of course I came to say goodbye kid!"

Her voice sounding just as awesome as usual.

"bye rainbow dash!" Scootaloo exclaimed "I'll see ya when I come back!".

"Come on y'all we don't wanna miss the train"
Applebloom said as the girls trotted onto the train, their sisters waving goodbye to them, like they would never see them again. Of course they were only away for the weekend!

As the train started to head to Manehattan the little ponies go more and more excited.

"Are we there yet?"

Scootaloo kept asking impatiently, Sweetie Belle's every answer being no. As Applebloom stared out the large purple stained window, watching the trees and small towns whizz past, she felt the soft, plush pillow under her slip to the side. As the yellow filly got up to fix her cushion, her train ticket whooshed out the window to the world outside. As she sat down still not releasing the ticket was gone, her and her friends started talking about their future cutie marks. "Ticket please" a boarding sounding pony in a red top and blue shoes walked down the carriage.

"tickets please"

He asked Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, they both handed him their tickets and turned to look at Applebloom. The ticket pony looked at Applebloom still lokoking out that window.

"ticket please young miss"

He asked Applebloom, but as she turned around to get her ticket she couldn't see it.

"What in Tarnation!?"

She exclaimed whilst rumbling around in her seat trying to find that darn ticket.

"Ahm sorry mr, ah seemed to have lost ma ticket" she told the tall pony sadly.

A forgiving smile flashed across his face and his voice turned into a sort of happy one.

"hey, don't sorry miss I won't tell nopony"

As he trotted down the carriage and reached the next one, he waved his hoof.

"bye now! Enjoy your trip" he said in his Manehattan ascent.

"Wow" Scootaloo said in shock.

Sweetie Belle looked out the window quickly, hearing the sound of the stopping train.

"WE'RE HERE WE'RE HERE!"

Scootaloo leaped about the carriage, even though the other ponies stared at her. Applebloom cleared her throught.

"Uhhh Scoot's? Ya might wanna sit down, your leap in' about like a chicken I'm the dark"

Scootaloo stopped instantly seeing all the ponies looking at her, "oh sorry" she chuckled whist heading to here seat. Once more the little filly's stared out the window in AW, there where all different types of Ponies: pegasus, unicorns, earth ponies, funny ponies, business ponies, musical ponies and many, many more!

"Hey look a griffon!"

Sweetie Belle pointed out in the excitement of the moment. The train doors opened and ponies started flooding out the doors.

"enjoy your time here in beautiful Manehattan!"

Said the ticketpony waving kindly to everypony who passed him.

"Come on! Let's get out there!" Scootaloo said in anticipation.

And so Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle headed for the door.

Walking out of the train and settling hoof into the bustling city of Manehattan, Scootaloo seen a poster just like hers for the Wonderbolts world tour.

"Ok girls"

Scootaloo said pulling out her scooter and wagon with a couple of red and yellow helmets.

"Hop in"

As Sweetie Belle and Applebloom fixed their helmets Scootaloo was once again looking at her poster. The other two filly's caught eye of a poster advertising The Pony King.

"that looks like a darn good show"

Applebloom chatted away to Sweetie Belle. In another world Scootaloo was imagining how amazing this trip was going to be: first Scootaloo and her friends would go to the hotel, and wake up the next morning ready to see 'The Skies Over Equestria, Wonderbolts World Tour' and then finish their trip by going to see 'The Pony King'. Scootaloo turned to her two best friends in excitement.

"what if we get to meet the Wonderbolts!" She squeaked.

The two filly's looked at each other sympathising over their friends dream.

"I wouldn't get you hopes up" sweetie Belle peaked.

"yeah ah mean it's um.. How do I put it?"

Applebloom tried to think of a nice way to tell Scootaloo it was never gonna happen.

"It's ok I don't mind if I don't meet the best aerobatic team in all of Equestria" Scootaloo told them.

They leaped into the basket and Scootaloo hopped onto the scooter and they sped of.

Reaching the hotel was a huge relief, the streets where to busy for three Little filly's with only a scooter and a wagon.

"Finaly"

They all said in sync as they yawned. By this time it was getting dark so they headed to thier room and lay down on the softest bed they have ever dreamed of.

"Night" said Applebloom.

"see you in the morning"

Sweetie Belle said just before she fell into a deep sleep. Scootaloo stayed silent as she faded into sleep. A few minuets later Applebloom nudged Sweetie Belle.

"w-wha?" She replied dazed.

Applebloom winked and whispered.

"come on we have to get Scootaloo to meet the Wonderbolts"

Sweetie Belle understood instantly, after all Scootaloo did get them this trip and the theater tickets to go the the best show out there. And so the two filly's went out to the Wonderbolts hotel which was just down the street from theirs. Whispering going up the hallway trying to think what to say to thier best friends idols.

"what's the orange ones name again?"

Sweetie belle asked.

"ah think it's speedfire or somethin' like that" Applebloom replied.

At last they found the room. " go ahead knock" Applebloom told Sweetie Belle. And so she knocked, they stood outside the door for a few moments then knocked again, a tall blue maned pegasus colt opened the door.

"your not the pie pony?" He said sadly.

"Hi, I'm sweetie belle and this is Applebloom"

she explained, suddenly the orange one trotted up besides him.

"soarin' what are they doing here?"

She asked taking if her shaded glasses. She looked at the two filly's up and down over and over again.

"ahm Applebloom and this is Sweetie Belle an' our best friend, Scootaloo loves you guys an' really wants to meet ya'"

she said confidently.

"I guess what we're trying to say is could you please meet our friend tomorrow after your show, we're coming to watch" Sweetie added.

Soarin' and Spitfire looked at each other.

"sure! It'd be our pleasure!" Soarin' happily said.

Spitfire, still a serious look on her face reluctantly agreed.

"sure, we'll meet the kid after the show" she said sighing.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle thanked them and galloped back to the hotel.

"it worked! It really worked!"

Sweetie Belle said in her usually squeaky voice. Applebloom smiled.

"she deserves it"

As they go into the room the collapsed in a heap and fell fast asleep. Scootaloo smiling at the dream she was dreaming.

The next morning Scootaloo was up and ready, she had drawn the curtains, made the bed and phoned room service already.

"Girls come on we're gonna be late!"

She moaned shaking her friends trying to wake them up. The little filly's stretched and yawned, rubbing her eyes Sweetie Belle asked Scootaloo the time.

"it's seven o'clock silly!" Scootaloo replied.

"seven o'clock!?"

Applebloom blurted out.

"the show only starts at 12!"

Sweetie Belle agreed with Applebloom. The room service finally came and as Scootaloo opened the door a pink mare with a velvety purple mane was holding a large tray filled with all different foods, toast, yogurt, milk, croissants and everything you could imagine.

"Thanks"

Scootaloo told the pony handing her two bits, taking the bits she smiled.

"no problem little one"

As she turned and walked down the long hallway Scootaloo shut the door and looked back to her friends.

"Ok girls let's go see the Wonderbolts!"

Scootaloo Said happily, knowing that the show was still about 4 hours away. Applebloom hated keeping secrets from her friends and so did Sweetie Belle but this one was important to keep. As the hours past they got ready, gathered their saddlebags and set of. Scootaloo couldn't contain her excitement "imagine if I met the Wonderbolts THE Wonderbolts" she said hardly keeping focus whist scooting away to the stadium. The filly's in the back wagon gulped and look at each other worryingly.

"do you think she knows?" Sweetie said whispering.

"Ah doubt she can even hear us he's away in a dreamland" Applebloom replied quietly.

The small tires of the scooter bounces along the sidewalk past the other ponies heading to the stadium. As they came over a small hill Scootaloo's eyes widened seeing the massive poster on the gloriously amazing Manehattan stadium.

"wow" she said in aw.

As Applebloom and Sweetie Belle looked up they seen what their friend was talking about.

"We're here!"

Scootaloo told them as she slid to the side and parked the small scooter with the wagon attached to the back. They all hopped out and walked to the gates, being pushed, shoved and basically crushed. But they knew it would be worth it, especially to see the look on Scootaloo's face when she meets her idols.

As they go into the packed stadium all they could see was herds of ponies before them. As they took their seats Scootaloo couldn't keep still with the excitement of seeing the Wonderbolts preform.

"I hope they do a 180 degrees barrel roll followed by a top spin!" Scootaloo exclaimed in the crowed.

Of course she knew her friends didn't know any of this stuff but it made her feel in a way happier. The sound of trumpets echoed through the stadium the announcer introducing Princess Celestia and her sister Princess Luna.

"Why are the princesses here?"


Sweetie asked Scootaloo how knew just the answer.

"they always come to the derbies and tours, they're really big fans, especially Luna!"

Applebloom was shocked.

"really? Ah would o' never though that the royal sisters would see the Wonderbolts"


Soon afterwards the voice from the speakers announced the Wonderbolts.

"introducing the one the only the Wonderbolts!"

A huge smile spread across Scootaloo's face, Sweetie Belle was also excited and so was Applebloom. The aerobatic team flew out from a blue arch way, spining and turning at speeds you could hardly imagine. The crowd went wild but not as much as Scootaloo.

"WHOOSH! WOW! OHHHHH!"

Scootaloo and her friends cheered. The brave and daring ponies did some of the most amazing tricks Scootaloo had ever seen! They did front flips, 360 back turns and all the best tricks! As the sun reflected on their goggles they looked just spell bounding, Scootaloo a little filly in a big crowd thought of herself being up there flying with her heroes. The Wonderbolts finished with a 180 degrees barrel roll followed by a top spin, the trio of filly's gasped.

"how did you know they were gonna do that Scoot's?" Sweetie asked astonished.

Scootaloo smiling told them that they always do that trick and that is there favourite trick to preform. After the show everypony left but the little filly's.

"hey Scootaloo y'all have a surprise for ya" Applebloom said with a smile on here face.

A few moments later the Wonderbolts flew over into the stands where the filly's sat. Scootaloo was overwhelmed.

"OhMyGoshOhMyGostOhMyGosh!"

She screamed In a night pitched, fast paced voice. Soarin' was smiling whilst spitfire stood there once again seriously.

"so your the kid that these two filly's wanted us to meet?" Spitfire said awesomely.

Scootaloo's eyes still widening, then realising what her friends had do for her she turfed to the side and looked at them, both with big smiles on their faces.

"thank you so much, you two really are the best friend a a pony could have!"

She told them as she huge them tightly. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle where proud of what they had done for the orange filly.

"ah shucks it was nothin'"

Applebloom said blushing.

"really? I remembering it being really had to get them to agree"

Sweetie busted out, Applebloom nudging her sharply. The three filly's giggled.

"so are you gonna fly with us or what?"

Spitfire said smiling looking at soarin and then back at her adoring fan.

"Fly? With the Wonderbolts?!"

Scootaloo said shockingly, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle winked at her.

"go on we'll met you at the therter in five hours"

Sweetie Belle squeaked happily. Scootaloo accepted the Wonderbolts offer and of trotted her friends waving, to go sight-seeing.

"There's just one thing"

Scootaloo hesitated, soarin' hearing his stomach rubble had a great idea.

"hey, why don't we got to the best pie shop in town!" He suggested.

Scootaloo nervously told her heroes that she can't fly, spitfires face dropped.

"you what!?"

You could tell she was angry. The last thing the little filly wanted was for her idols to think she was that she was not fit to join the great team when she grew up.

"Great! We've been ditched with a kid that can't even fly!"

Spitfire snapped at Soarin' away from Scootaloo, who was gazing into the orange tinted clouds far, far away. Soarin' felt bad for the little filly who wanted to fly with them so badly.

"then we teach her how to fly!" He said determinedly.

At that moment Spitfire knew he was crazy, glancing over to the daydreaming then back at Soarin'.

"your crazy, how are we ment to teach her to fly in a day?"

She said with a small willing smile on her face. Soarin' chuckled lightly.

"Spitfire, we're the Wonderbolts, remember?"

As he smiled thinking of that one special mare, Rainbow Dash knowing she would of done the same. Scootaloo, still away in the little dreamland she imagined. As the two ponies flew over to the filly she snapped out of her dream.

"I'm sorry" she said weakly.

Soarin' looked at her I'm sympathy

"well if your gonna fly with us you gotta learn first!"

He pronounced.

"yeah and who better to teach you, than the best" Spitfire said proudly.

Scootaloo still in shock from meeting them thought the day couldn't get any better, but obviously it could.

"your gonna teach me to fly?!"

She chirped she flapped her wing fast jumping up and down over and over and over again.

"whoa kid calm down" Soarin' told Scootaloo.

As soon as she stopped her training begun.

"Ok kid like this"

As Spitfire flapped her wings gently, as Scootaloo copied her, as she started to hover above the fluffy could she was standing on only a few seconds ago. After a few warm ups the idols trusted her to try on her own.

"are you sure?"

She hesitated looking scared but braver than ever. The older ponies looked at each other and back to the little filly nodding their heads. Scootaloo stepped to the edge of the cloud and leaped of. Falling at such a speed that when she opened her wings the shot up like a bullet, hearing Spitfire and Soarin' cheering her name gave her confidence.

"Come on kid! Woo!"

Soarin' cheered and whooped as Scootaloo opened her eyes and started flapping her wings. Spitfire torn of her shaded glasses in shock her mouth gaping open "Soarin', do you see that? The kids flying, the kids flying!" She exclaimed in shock and joy as she watched Scootaloo zoom and whisk across the clear blue sky, with tears in her eyes she realised what she was doing. She was flying. She was really flying, being up there in the thin cold air didn't bother her because now, she was flying. She looked down to see the Wonderbolts with tears in their eyes, Spitfire trying to cover it with her pale orang hoof.

"What are you doing Soarin'?"

Spitfire asked looking at her friend.

"If that kid is gonna fly, she ain't gonna fly on her own"

he replied spreading his blue velvet wings. Launching him self into the light blue sky followed by Spitfire and they spent the rest of the time they had flying with the filly who had achieved so much in just one day.

In another part of town Applebloom and Sweetie Belle where of sight seeing.

"ah wonder how Scootaloo is gettin' on"

Applebloom said whilst taking a picture of The Mare Of Magic, a gift from the griffons given to Manehattan as a special gift for helping the griffons fight of dragon invaders.

"I'm sure she's fine"

Sweetie Belle tuned as reading some information about The National Museum Of Equestria on the small leaflet she picked up. Applebloom was getting worried, they hadn't seen their friend since they left and they where going to the theatre in a hour to see The Pony King.

"wha' if she don't show up at the theatre?"

Applebloom asked Sweetie hesitantly. Sweetie Belle at that moment dropping the leaf the she was holding.

"what do you mean what if she doesn't show up? She's our friend,Moshe would never left us!".

Applebloom knew it was a stupid thought.

"yeah ah know, a was jus' kiddin' with ya'"

she said faking a smile as the ponies trotted along. Being in Manehattan was just amazing, all the sights and sounds of a bustling city that you would never see or hear back home in ponyville.

At the stadium the light was fading and Scootaloo was tie ring from all the flying.

"hey? Can we take a nap?"

She asked half asleep. Spitfire flew beside her .

"sure hop on"

as Scootaloo clambered onto Spitfires back and fell fast asleep.

"Hey Soarin' can you pack up for the night whist I take a short flight?"

She asked her companion, Soarin' nodded and flew of. As Spitfire flew blissfully through the night sky with the small filly on here back feeling her breath on her golden mane she thought of her career and the time her father taught her to fly. As she smiled in the bright moonlight she seen the neon lights of the city below her and the other pegasi filly's flying and racing at the local kids track. As she turned to descend she flew down like an arrow, flying as fast as she could not wanting any-pony to see the tears in her eyes she woke Scootaloo and wiped her tears away.

"So kid, I guess this is it"

She said sadly, Scootaloo still asleep she opened her eyes slowly and see the golden pegasus in front of her. She thanked Spitfire happily and then turned to the large clock face about 500 yards away. As she gasped in horror at the time realising the only had about ten minutes to get to the other side of the city.

"I have to go I'm gonna be late!"

As she galloped of to untie her Scootaloo Spitfire whooshed past and grabbed the scooter in her mouth. The next thing she knew she got thrown into the air and landed on Soarin's back.

"where to?"

He asked her quickly. Scootaloo still stunned told him to head to the Hoofington Theatre as fast as his wings could take him, as he nodded his head sharply and zoomed of with Spitfire behind him.

At the Hoofington Theatre the two filly's waited for their orange friend.

"we're gonna be late"

Applebloom said worryingly just as Soarin' landed next to her, creating a large crowned as Spitfire followed.

"Quick!" We gotta get in before it starts!"

Scootaloo told here friend a as the trotted into the building Scootaloo stopped and turned, galloping back to the two ponies who had taught her that if you have a dream, chase it and if you succeed you can do anything. She hugged them tightly all five with tears in their eyes Applebloom and Sweetie Belle sobbing more than any other pony.

"bye kid"

Soarin' said patting the filly on her purple mane. Spitfire, crying hugged the filly.

"well, I guess this is it"

she spoke quietly poking her hoof into the ground. Scootaloo with tears in her eyes looked up.

"I guess it is, thanks for everything"

She said as she stood back and waved. The two ponies flew of sobbing as the three little filly's walked into the theatre.

When they got back to ponyville Applebloom went home with her sister and so did Sweetie, but Scootaloo scooted back to the orphanage in which she lived. A few days after she returned she heard her name being called out on the announcer saying that she was to report downstairs immediately. As she rushed the small flight of stairs she reached the bottom to her surprise she seen Spitfire standing there open-hoofed Scootaloo racing over to only hug her tightly under the dim glitter of sunlight. Looking up it the amber mare as she spoke quietly.

"are you here to adopt me?"

She said with a smile spreading across her face, the Wonderbolt looked down into her violet gaze nodding joyfully.

As Scootaloo packed her bags a few weeks later, her two companions where saying there last goodbyes to their friend before she started her new life in cloudsdale.

"we sure ah' gonna miss ya Scoot's"

Applebloom told her whilst wiping away tears with a small hanky her granny gave her. Scootaloo stopped her packing and faced them.

"I'll come to visit, I pinkie promise"

She explained whilst doing the actions of a pinkie promise. As spitfire walked in followed by Soarin' and Rainbow Dash she smiled warmly at the two yellow and white filly's.

"you all packed?"

She asked her new step-filly. Rainbow dash stepped forward and jokingly said.

"looks like she bet me to it!"

As the two pegasus mares laughed, Scootaloo said her last goodbyes.

"I'll miss you two, like I said I'll come back and we can have more great adventures!"

She said fluttering her tiny wings. Sweetie Belle was sobbing near the door.

"please don't forget us"

she whispered to Scootaloo whilst hugging her. Scootaloo knew that if it wasn't because of them, this would have never happened

"how can I? Your the ones who got all this for me"

she said as Spitfire picked up her luggage bag "come on kid" she muffled with the bag still in her mouth. And with that the trotted outside with her friends.

"I'll miss you cutie mark crusaders"

She said flying of and she glanced down at then in the bright sunlight.

"goodbye!"

They yelled as they waved back.

At last her life was perfect, she had a family who loved her, friends who would never forget her, but most of all she knew she would always have the skies over Equestria.

Author's Note:

This is my first FIM Fiction so I don't mind criticism as long as it's not to harsh!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment