• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 336 Views, 2 Comments

The Usual Day of a Lazy Thunderlane - melodicstream



A mundane day from Thunderlane's life.

  • ...
 2
 336

Clouds

Clouds

Half an hour and no sign of Rumble. Thunderlane figured he would go and take care of his mane meanwhile. Jumping out from the couch and walking back to his room and then his bathroom, he grabbed the brush from the counter. Closing his eyes, he began to put his whole mane to the right side of his head with fast and violent strokes. The knots were broken as they met the resistant metal of the comb, allowing his hair to flow freely and straight. After a few minutes of the process, Thunderlane's mane looked just like Fluttershy's, only a lot shorter. His soft blue mane, with a hint of silver, was like that naturally. He just didn't like the way it looked like, which was a shame, since Rumble always preferred his older brother with a loose mane rather than the mohawk that he worn. Speaking of mohawk, Thunderlane grabbed the hair gel and squirted a little bit on his right hoof, and with the help of his left hoof he began molding his mane in the well-known shape. That was the part that took the longest. After spending a good 15 minutes on that, Thunderlane looked at himself in the mirror, examining his reflection. There was no round spots on his mane after the gel treatment, which was exactly what he wanted. The thing is, his mane was hard from all the gel that he put on his mane. To fix that and make it soft again, he grabbed a spray can from under the sink and began spraying his mohawk. It was a hydrating spray, and it left his mane nice and moist. After that, he put the spray can away and grabbed the hair blower. Aiming it upwards as to not dismantle the mohawk, he began blowing his mane dry. When the wind became really hot and hard to endure, Thunderlane knew he was done. Turning the device off, he put everything back in place and washed his hooves thoroughly. He ran a hoof through his mane. It felt really soft, but it wouldn't budge. That was the secret of keeping his mohawk intact. Happy with the results, Thunderlane then decided to wake up his little brother.

Thunderlane started walking to his little brother's room, right next to his own. He knocked three times on the smooth surface of the wood. Receiving no answer, he slowly opened the door. "Rumble?" he asked, putting his head through the gap between the door and the wall. The room was filled with sunlight. Fully opening the door, Thunderlane noticed that the striped black and blue comforter on top of his bed didn't look like it had someone underneath it. He then looked at the bathroom door, which was closed. Walking towards it, he opened the door. He would feel bad for forgetting to knock if Rumble actually was in the bathroom. But instead, the only thing he found was a bathroom that looked pretty much like his.

Thunderlane eyes became a little bit derp. He had just remembered that Rumble was staying at Featherweight's house for the weekend. He had just wasted a little bit of his Sunday morning apparently. It wasn't his fault. His job was really complicated and tiring. Well, that was his excuse, which isn't a lie. Working as the cloud engineer of Ponyville wasn't exactly easy. Of course there was Rainbow Dash to keep the skies clear and all, but the sky couldn't have no clouds all the time. It was him who determined for how long a certain cloud, with a certain shape, volume, altitude, speed, density, and all properties that a cloud can have, would be needed to keep the humidity levels of Ponyville in the right range. And since one little mistake could mean a flood-inducing storm or it snowing in the summer, he had to be really careful to perform perfect calculations when ordering clouds from Cloudsdale.

Well, what was he going to do? Rumble wasn't home and he would only return the next day. That meant Thunderlane had the whole day for himself. Putting a slight smile on his face, Thunderlane headed to the window and opened it. He didn't allow Rumble to go out the window, but he was too lazy to walk all the way to the front door. Thunderlane then proceed to jump to window, landing in the grass patch outside of the light blue house. He looked up to the sky, trying to spot the thing that he found earlier that day. And there it was. Opening his wings and stretching them, he let them get hit by the sunlight. The could feel the blood vessels pumping the blood to all the parts of his wings. Taking a deep breath, he began flapping and performed a small jump. Flying was easy, but it required attention. Getting a wing cramp while flying wasn't exactly pleasant, and Thunderlane wouldn't want to experience that again. He straightened his body, pointed it upwards and began flying towards his destination. The cold wind hit his eyes, making him blink a lot to keep them moist. It flowed around him, tickling him in the weirdest places of his pony body. But it was nice. Thunderlane loved the sensations of flying. Never a flight was the same as another one. Each one was unique.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment