• Published 28th Feb 2014
  • 424 Views, 13 Comments

When Murder Turns Innocent - Magic Wand



What happened if you had a problem you couldn't fix When a mare is striped of her age her cutie mark and her memories, she becomes a normal filly But when memories start to flood back as nightmares, how long will it be before she remembers who s

  • ...
29
 13
 424

Chapter 2

I walked in to the store with a cloak on to shield me from the rain. The downpour out side was the worst I'd seen in along time. It was so thick, that you could barley see your hoof when it was right in front of your face. Looking inside a window was impossible, sheets of water covered them all. This is why it was the perfect time to strike.

No pony would dare to be out in this weather, they would be too afraid. Even if they were, they wouldn't bother to look at the shops, and if they did they wouldn't be able to look in. I stepped through the door and faintly heard the bell ring. But it was almost impossible to hear as the thunder and lightning crashed. His head popped up from behind the counter and he smiled at me.

"Hello stranger, can I help you?" He asked, as if I hadn't just came in from the middle of a storm.

He couldn't see my face yet, or he would have been wary. The cloak I wore covered me from my head to my flank. The only thing that showed was my tail, but I knew that wouldn't be the thing to give me away. I'd come in here a few times before, and I would miss the shop, in a way. I had gotten quiet a few good items from here in the past.

A small dark saddle bag sat on my back, black as night. the straps plain and undecorated, without the usual cutie mark straps to identify the bag. It held everything I needed for my little endeavor, without giving anything away. Inside was a small knife, short and sweet. It was easy enough to strap on in a matter of seconds. The blade and handle were dark, so that it wouldn't flash in the light, giving it away. There was also a large collection of bits, just in case. I also had rope, a flashlight, a hook, and a gun in the bag. It was what I liked to call my "insurance."

It was always dark in here, and the only light came from two candles that sat on his counter. There more shelves than you could count, each stacked to the breaking point with odds and ends. Some how he always had what ever you needed, and could always find it in the mess of items. This was the last time I would see him, so I thought I might as well shop while I was here.

"Of course."

I took a step forward and threw my head back flipping off my hood. Just my face was in the immediate glow of the candles, but that was enough. My hair was out of my face, showing my trade mark white diamond. He looked me up and down, and nodded his head. He had decided he would do business with me. Which was good news to me, but he should have run.

"Good," I said," I'm looking for a special kind of knife."

I had practiced these words before hand, so I would know what to say. They rolled smoothly off my tongue and sounded genuine. Dealers were more cunning than most and could spot a lie easily. But then again, so could I and I had had more practice being on the other end of one. His face had become slightly more relaxed, like he was just dealing with a difficult client. Which meant that he trusted me.

" One that can kill an alicorn, with one sweep. No extra lives, no more chances, dead and dead for good. I need a knife made for an immortal." I stated.

His eyes widened a bit at my words. Yet, he nodded and headed to the back room. With him gone, I took out my knife and admired it for a second, it was so much simpler than a gun. I strapped it tightly to my leg and set my hoof back down carefully to not scratch the wood. I then proceeded to grab some of the bits from my bag, so I could make the payment.

It didn't take long for him to return. He came out of the back and laid it on the counter. I took in a sharp breath. It was more beautiful than I could have imagined. And the contrast of it vs the grimy counter made it even more so.

The blade curved sharply, but wasn't much bigger than my own. The handle was darker than the blackest night, and the blade was made from a purple gleaming gem. Sticking out the side of the main blade, were two sides. They were like mirrored shark fins, and they were just as sharp as the main body. Dark leather wrapped around the handle making it easier to grip. It smelled new and the leather felt fresh. Not a single mark or blemish marked it's surface. Gazing over it, I could see my reflection in the blade. This knife, if that term could even begin to describe it, had never seen blood. I would make sure to change that.

A smile curled on to my lips as I starred at. This would be the weapon that changed my future. Once I used this, Equestria would never be the same again. Most minds would have reeled at what I had planned, but I couldn't hide my enthusiasm. I had been chastised for years. But now, they would never mock me. Oh, how it would end, it would finally end and no pony would be able to stop me.

I nodded in satisfaction,"It's perfect. How much do I owe you? No price is too high for me, I assure you."

"It... It's 5,000." He answered nervously, wondering if I would pay the price, or if he would.

"Fine,"I threw the bag of bits onto the counter.

He starred at me in surprise, but took the bag. I never felt bad about what I was about to do. But I never relished it either. It was just something that I did. Sometimes, I would have this small nagging feeling for a few hours after I did it, usually if it was a child. But I did it to earn my living in this world. That was the simple fact. I will admit, I had a certain... joy for the weapons and the seamless job, but never for the actual moment.

I took another step forward,"How much do you think some would pay for your demise?" I asked.

He gave me a nervous glance. I suppose he was looking for any weapons I had. But the only one that he knew was on me was the immortality blade, and even he knew that that wouldn't work on him. He gulped nervously and took another step backwards. He couldn't go much farther though, as for he was in the small area between the counter and the wall.

"N-not much, I assure you." He stammered trying to keep his cool.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," I said advancing on the counter." You'd be surprised, I've been offered quite a bit. 1,236 bits to be exact. A few of your costumers weren't very fond of you."

He knew enough now. It was time to end it. I threw off my cloak and bag completely, reviling my knife. Before he had time to move, I had already opened my wings. With a push from my hooves and a beat of my wings, I stood on the other side of the counter. I pushed on his chest with one hoof, holding him in place. With the other, I raised it high and slashed fast.

I let go of the body and let it tumble to the ground. His eyes still starred wide open, like he couldn't believe that it had happened. The body was still warm and the blood sticky. I starred at him for a moment. He looked exactly the same as he had a minute ago. The only difference was the small, dark red leak in his neck. It had gushed at first, but now it just continued a slow trickle. By the time the police arrived, it would have stopped dripping.

With that, I proceeded to place the bag of bits I had used to pay and my two knifes side by side on top of it in the bag. I put my cloak back on, shifting it so it would cover both my face and my cutie mark. Picking up my full bag and swinging it on my back, I smiled. Two birds with one stone.

I then proceeded to walk out of the store and into the storm.

* * * * *

I jolted awake and sat upright in my bed. I hadn't taken my pill yesterday, which caused me to have yet another nightmare. Although in truth, I don't mind them. Sure they're bloody and dangerous, but I'm not scared of them. In fact, they make me feel stronger. It makes me imagine what other ponies would do if this actually happened.

It was still dark outside, and I had no need of getting up. My thoughts drifted to the three fillies I had met yesterday. Scootaloo had seemed kind of spooked of me after I showed her the mark. All in all thought, the conversation went well. I found out about their families and where they lived. Although, Scootalo had barely said a word after we had started to discuss families.

I found out that they were called the cutie mark crusaders. I had heard of them, but their branches didn't stretch as far as I had thought. Apparently, it was a group for foals who hadn't discovered who they were yet. Apple Bloom had offered, but I had hastily declined. True, my flank was blank, but I didn't want to be stuck with the outcasts again.

When you're stuck with the outcasts, it seems a nightmare to just go to school. The teacher might like you, but that's as far as it gets. The ordinary kids even look down on you. You're constantly laughed at and picked on by the populars. This time, I wanted to get in with the jocks. I could fly as good as any of them and probably better. If I could just strike up the right conversation, I would be able to get in.

This was always the worst part of the day, waiting. I couldn't fall back asleep, my mind was always a buzz. But I couldn't get up either, if I did my dad would just send me back to my room. All it did was give you time to think. To think about my dreams of blood. To think of what I said and did wrong. To think of what could go wrong when you got up. I hate mornings.

Once the noises stopped and the lights were off, I got up. My dad had finally left for work and I could do what I wanted. My mom was still asleep, so I would have to be quite. It was easy enough though, I always knew exactly what to do. Where to put my feet and what boards to avoid. Which doors I should close fast and which ones to close slow.

I slipped silently in to the hallway. Our house wasn't that big to begin with. The back hallway held the bathroom, my parents bedroom and my bedroom. From there you could either go into the kitchen or the living room. The kitchen led of to both the dining room and the gardening room. While the living room just went to the door outside.

I made my way to the kitchen and set to work making something to eat. After while, my mom woke up and joined me. It went the same as every morning, she asked me how I was and I told her when I was leaving. I flew to school again, hoping one of the jocks would see me landing.

We learned about the Cloudsdale weather factory and the tour that all the pegasuses would take one week from now. It wasn't to bad of a day, I mostly got to let my mind wander. I missed one question, but no pony laughed, which was a good sign. At lunch I hung out with the jocks and no pony told me to leave. They all seemed pretty interested in what I had to say and before I knew it we were all bursting out laughing with each other.

About three fourths through the day I left to take my pill. I walked out into the courtyard behind the school, where there weren't any windows. Then I reached into my bag and shuffled through until I found it. It was small and white, but it made my stomach twist just looking at it.

I used to take these all the time, not worrying at all. It was something I had done, ever since I could remember. They were supposed to suppress any anger or dark thoughts, and help me sleep at night. But lately I had been taking them less and less. When I didn't the nightmares leaked through and both my senses and special skill became stronger.

I remember the first time I didn't, it was at a sleepover. We had been having so much fun that I had forgotten that I even needed to. I had woken up in the middle of the night screaming my head off. Rose Luck had been called and she had picked me up while it was still dark out. I had stuck to a strict schedule for a long time after that.

I hesitated for a minute. There was no reason that I needed to take it and I preferred the way my mind worked without them. With that thought, I took a deep breath and nodded my head. I then walked over to the bushes that lined the school building. I thrust my hoof forward and plunged the pill into it, hiding it. With that done, I walked back into school ready for the rest of class.

Author's Note:

Just saying! Notice she refers to it as her knife, while with others she calls it the or it. I try to make small differences like this, to show her true nature and just the way she thinks! Hope you like it!

Comments ( 8 )

why are there so many down votes?

Comment posted by Patient X deleted Mar 27th, 2014

Because I get bored, write stories for no reason, & don't try very hard. By the way yeah, yeah it is. :ajbemused: There, happy?

Comment posted by Sigma EXE deleted Mar 27th, 2014

Oh thanks for deleting my comment...cunt. :twilightsmile:

4126280 I like your story.  Why does it have down votes?

4240210
Because it's a story about a Mary Sue with a horrible, non-pony name. Said story also has terrible Pony Creator cover art of a black and red OC, and it's a flippin' miracle that it isn't another damn alicorn. Plus there are noticeable language errors, such as lode/load and your/you're.

It's also worth mentioning that since I've seen your seal of approval on a number of bad stories, it's a safe bet that you have hideous taste.

Murder will never be innocent. It's an unforgivable crime

Login or register to comment