• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,643 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,643

Chapter 7: Royal Summons

Chapter 7:

Royal Summons

“M-m-ma? D-d-d-donde estas? W-w-where a-a-are y-y-you?”, I shivered.

It has been nearly an hour since I was stuck outside on the coldest night in Milwaukee, and it was not a pleasant experience. I couldn’t feel anything anymore at this point except for the sharp pain every time I move. So I’ve decided to call my parents to see why haven’t they picked me up yet. By this point I was furious that they won’t answer me. Then my mom finally answers her phone.

“Hola?”

“M-m-ma? D-d-d-donde estas? W-w-where a-a-are y-y-you?”, I stuttered into the phone as loud as I could, which wasn’t very loud.

“Que?”

“W-w-where a-a-are y-y-you?”, I repeated.

“Haber, no té escucho”

“Where are you?”, I repeated, a bit louder this time.

This kept on going for a few minutes until I heard that the call was cut. After a string of spanish obscenities I fumbled to unlock my phone and redial my mom’s phone.

“Que quieres?”, she asked with an annoyed tone.

“Donde estas? Where are you?!”, I practically screamed into my phone.

“Donde no te importa!”, and with that she hung up.

I stared at my phone dumbfounded and shocked. ‘Did she not care about me anymore? Did she just threw me aside like a piece of trash and abandon me?’ My vision started to get watery as tears began to form and roll down my cheek. I then walked to the wall and sat down and pulled my legs closer to my body and began to cry.

Then I heard laughter. I wasn’t a joyful laughter but a dark and maniacal one. I looked up to look for the source of the laughter. I didn’t see anyone, then after I blinked a girl that looked no older than me appeared with long dirty blond curly hair and wearing nothing but a white blouse and a pair of skinny jeans and tennis shoes. Part of me was trying to tell me that I’ve seen her before but I couldn’t recall when, where or what was her name.

“Poor, poor Leo”, she mocked, “All alone and abandoned, like an unwanted dog, how sad”

“Who are you and what the hell do you want?”, I shivered.

“You don’t remember moi? I thought you’d remember but I guess not everything is to be as such”, she slowly walked towards me, “As for what I want…”

She was then face-to-face with me and what I found really unnerving was her deep violet eyes, “What I want is to see you suffer and to put you down”, she said with a maniacal grin.

“W-what do you mean by tha-!”, I was suddenly stopped by a sharp pain in my stomach. I looked down to see a knife embedded all the way to the hilt of the blade. She then gave the knife a twist and pulled out the now bloody blade.

I fell to my side as I gasped and struggled to catch my breath. Everything started to go colder and darkness was creeping into the edges of my vision. I then started to cough up some blood.

The girl then leaned towards my face and kissed my forehead, “I’ll see you later Leo”, she said in a low sweet-sounding voice.

Then everything faded to black.


I suddenly woke up in cold sweat, panting and gasping for air. ‘What the hell?! That’s the seventh one so far!’ For a second I was wondering why I couldn’t see anything but I looked out the window and saw that the moon was ever slowly being lowered towards the horizon. My eyes then adjusted to the low-light and looked around and saw that I was in the room that Twilight had let me use after the doctor took off my cast and put me on walking boots and crutches. It had been three weeks since I moved in with Twilight so things have been interesting, especially that first morning here.


Three Weeks Ago

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZ!

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZ!

SMACK!

“Ow! Dafuck?”, I groaned groggily.

SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Who the hell is hitting me!?”

“Twilight! I found something sleeping on the couch-bed! It must of broken in while we were sleeping!”, yelled out a childish voice that sounded like a kid, while he/she kept smacking me with what I think was a rolled up newspaper. ‘At least it wasn’t a baseball bat or a broom or something harder… wait how would ponies hold a baseball bat if they weren’t unicorns?’

I then heard a rush of hooves ran down the stairs, “Spike stop!”, yelled Twilight, then I hear a twinkle and chime, then the smack down stopped. I cracked one eye open and saw what appeared to be a purple and green lizard with a newspaper in one claw while being suspended in Twilight’s magic. ‘Holy shit it’s Barney as a baby! I hope he doesn’t start singing’ I then started to rub the spots he smacked me. Believe it or not that little dude could hit hard as hell, even if it was a rolled up newspaper.

“Spike we don’t hit guest, especially ones that are injured”, she scolded to who I guessed was Spike.

“Guest? Opps… sorry”, he apologized sheepishly.

“It’s not me who you should be apologizing to”, she then pointed a hoof to me.

“Uhmmm… excuse me…”, I looked up to see him look at me with an apologetic expression, “Sorry about the ‘smacking-you-awake-with-a-newspaper’”, he then extended a claw for a handshake.

I then chuckled and took the handshake and looked him in the eyes, which were the same green as the scales on his belly and they were reptilian, “It’s no problem little dude, I’ve been hit with worse, I’m Leo”

“I’m Spike, I’m a dragon and Twilight’s number one assistant”, he said with pride.

Wait… Did he just say he was a dragon?!

“You’re a dragon? I thought that dragons were… I don’t know… A bit bigger?”

“He’s just a baby dragon”, explained Twilight.

I gave a silent ‘oh’, “What are you? A monkey?”, Spike asked.

I gave him a ‘are-you-fucking-serious?’ look and looked at Twilight, “First of all, I’m not a monkey. I’m a human. Haven’t you seen three others around town that look like me, well sorta like me?”

“I haven’t been in Ponyville for the past three weeks. I was in Canterlot looking for books for Twilight”, he explained.

“Oh, well then”, then my stomach growled, and then I gave him and Twilight a sheepish smile, “Sorry, guess I'm a bit hungry”

“It’s ok, I was about to make breakfast anyway, well until you know”

“Ok, but can you make something without any grasses or flowers?”

“Ok, I was going to make some pancakes anyway”, with that he hopped out of the bed and headed to where the kitchen is.

“Sorry about that Leo, I guess I forgot to tell him about you and tell you about him”, Twilight then gave me a sheepish smile.

“It’s alright Twilight, although it was annoying to be woken up like that but he didn’t cause much damage”, then a thought crossed my mind, “Wait should we be letting a baby cook breakfast?”

“He’s actually eleven years old, which for dragons, is still considered a baby”

“Ohhhh… Welp! Better get up. I’ve been in beds long enough”

She then giggled as she saw me try to get to the wheelchair parked next to the bed, “Here let me help you”, then I heard a twinkle and chime and I was surrounded by a lavender aura. I pouted as she levitated me to the chair. She then bursted out laughing when she let me down.


Present

I chuckled at the memory and then looked at my phone to check the time. It was 4:30 AM. ‘Damn nightmares’ Might as well get up since I don’t think I can go back to sleep. I swung my feet over the side of the bed and stood up with a bit of difficulty. I then stretched, causing the bones on my back to crack and pop into place. I then jerked my head from one side to the other with the same results, and I did the same with various parts of my body, ending with my knuckles.

After getting changed I left my room and headed downstairs, until I heard a burp followed by something hitting the floor coming from where Twilight and Spike sleep. I limped to their room to see what happened. When I opened the door slowly, I saw Twilight lightly snoring in her bed facing away from me and Spike curled up in his basket. I was about to leave until something caught my eye.

I slowly and quietly limped to where the object was. It was a scroll. Huh… The princess must of sent a letter while Spike slept, in which surprised me that he didn’t wake up because of it. I quickly grabbed the scroll and put it in my back pocket and left the room quietly.

When I was downstairs I turned on the lights and headed to the kitchen to serve myself a bowl of what was called Celestia-O’s. Inwardly I groaned at the name. When I finished eating, I pulled out the scroll and pondered whether I should read it or not, until I saw ‘To Leonardo Anaya Castro’ written nice and clearly below the wax seal.

Inside the letter read:

Dear Leonardo Anaya Castro,

I ask you and your friends to come to Canterlot Castle so we may speak about certain things that are long overdue. I have sent a chariot to come collect you and your friends in half an hour on the road leading towards Fluttershy’s cottage. I’ll see you here.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

Well then… I guess I should've seen this coming since she did say that she will talk to us when I felt better but that was a long time ago. Well I guess I should go get my friends and pack something just in case.

I grabbed my dufflebag and stuffed it with some clothes, including some that Rarity made for me (Who I thanked but felt bad that I couldn’t pay her back, but she insisted to not worry and that they were free of charge), laptop and some boxes of ammo. Slinging the duffle bag on my back I grabbed my dog tags, baseball cap and slung the rifle on my back and started to head out. But I stopped to leave a note for Twilight telling here where I was and to not to worry. Satisfied with the note, I left it on the kitchen table and headed to where my friends stayed at, the closest being SugarCube Corner.

After waking up Rosa by throwing pebbles on Pinkie’s/Rosa’s room I told her to pack some stuff and meet me on the road leading to Fluttershy’s cottage.

I then headed to Sweet Apple Acres and did the same but being extra careful not to wake up the Apples. Luckily I didn’t wake up any of the Apple family.

I then headed to Fluttershy’s cottage where Ishmael stayed at with Felipe following closely behind.

Couple minutes later we were all on the road waiting for the chariot to pick us up.

“Tell me why you woke us up at five in the fucking morning?”, asked Felipe with a grumpy tone.

“Royal Summons”, I simply said.

“How you got the letter?”, asked Ishmael.

“Our friendly fax machine”, I joked.

I looked down the road to see if the chariot was close but didn’t see any, until Rosa pointed to the sky where I saw a golden chariot being pulled by two pegasi guard in golden armor. Oh fuck me.

When the chariot landed I was reluctant to get on, same with my friends for obvious reasons. IT’S A FUCKING CHARIOT! CHARIOTS HAVE OPEN BACKS! I’m not going to exactly immediately jump on a chariot that can fly and then fall off it to my death. Then when we all got on, we took off. As we took off I gave a silent prayer hoping I won’t fall and become the first human pancake in Equestria.

Author's Note:

Bit late but here's the chapter. Enjoy!

-TBMF