• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,643 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,643

Chapter 1: We're Not In Wisconsin Anymore

Chapter 1:

We’re Not In Wisconsin Anymore

As me and this pastel pony… horse… thing, stare at each other until a smaller voice with a similar southern accent called out.

“What'cha find Applejack!”

The… you know what it looks closer to a pony than a horse… pony turned to the source of the voice, which was apparently behind it and called out, “Applebloom! Go get Twilight!”

At this point my brain kicked in and told me to wake up my friends, so with three swift kicks I successfully woken up my friends.

“What do you want Leo?”, asked a groggy Felipe. They all murmured in agreement as they looked at me waiting for an answer. Except I didn’t give them any, I just placed one finger on my lips and nodded towards the tent entrance, where the orange pony was now looking at us again.

“But Applejack!”, whined the smaller voice that I identified as Applebloom, “Can’t you let me see what’cha found?”

Again the orange pony now known as Applejack turned and said, “No! Ah’ don’t know if they are dangerous”

At the same time I sharply whispered to my friends, “Get some of your stuff and run when I say when”, they all nodded in agreement and I grabbed the rifle and crawled out of the sleeping bag. I also quickly grabbed a small pack with some random stuff in it and my knives.

When Applejack turned to us again and it’s eyes grew wider in fear and shock, something I didn’t know was possible. Suddenly that Fight-or-Flight instinct kicked in and I knew that my friends had the same reaction so with three slashes at the canvas behind me I made a new opening that was wide enough for us and yelled to my friends, “RUN!”

With that I jumped through the opening and stepped aside to let my friends run out. Right when I was about to follow them, I felt my sweater go taut, and fell on my back. When I looked up I saw Applejack grabbing my sweater with it’s teeth and started dragging me back. Then I felt a tugging sensation on my legs, it was my friends trying to pull me away from the pony.

“Guys just go! I got this!”, I told them.

“We’re not leaving you behind!”, argued Ishmael.

“I’ll catch up in a few just run!”

With great hesitation they ran away. For a few seconds I thought about cutting the chunk of cloth that the pony was grabbing me by, but then I remembered something that I should of known. My sweater was a zip-up… yes, I was that stupid to remember this at the last moment. Anyways, I unzipped my sweater and scrambled to my feet as fast as I could, then I ran… I ran as if the devil was behind me, towards the direction where my friends headed. As I ran I heard the sound of hooves hitting the dirt. I dared to sneak a peek behind me and saw what I feared was behind me. It was Applejack, and she (The pony’s voice was feminine and it’s name was Applejack, so unless males sounded like females here but I’m going to take a stab as say this pony was female) was gaining on me.

“Git’ back here you varmit!”, she yelled.

“Leo! Over here!”, yelled Rosa as she waved at me on an opposite side of a wooden fence. Seeing how close I am to freedom I poured on more speed even if my feet were starting to burn and ache. With one last push, I hurdled over the fence and landed on the pack I was carrying followed by the rifle smacking me on the face… trust me, it hurts like hell. I didn’t have time to recover because, Felipe pulled me up and pushed me towards a treeline.

“Dagnabit!”, I heard Applejack scream in frustration. This put a small smile on my face, but then I frowned.

“Guys come on, we’re still too close to that place, we need to put a bit a distance”, said Ishmael.

“Sure, let me catch my breath for sec though”, I groaned.

Seconds later we were trudging through the dark forest looking for a good place to rest. Minutes later we found a clearing with an overturned tree in the middle of it. Without waiting for anyone to say so, I plopped down next to the trunk and sighed, with the others following my lead, more or less. Rosa just laid down on the ground where she stood.

“Ok”, I said, “What the hell did you guys drug me with?”

“What?”, they all asked.

“I mean come on, pastel colored ponies, and those ponies are also talking. Come on it’s either that or I’ve truly gone mad”

“Um, I’d hate to break it to you but, we are seeing the same things as you, and we didn’t drug you”, said Felipe.

“Then right now I’m wondering, how the hell did we get from a forest to a fricken apple orchard!”, I said with a frustrated growl.

“Holy shit guys!”, exclaimed Rosa, “We have outlines!”

“What… the… fuck?”, wondered Felipe as he look at himself and us.

“That’s not the only with with outlines”, said Ishmael as he pointed to our surroundings.

They were right. Everything had an outline. “Ok, I know I’m repeating myself, but, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!”, I screamed. Honestly if I still haven’t lost my sanity, I will soon. I’m not the one that freaks out a lot but this was WAY too much to take in, and I’m sure that it will only get worse. I needed to distract myself. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain across my face and my face was turned to the left.

“Ow”, I hissed.

“Yeah… I’m not going to apologize for that, but you need to calm down man”, said Felipe.

“It’s ok, I needed that anyways.”, I reassured, “Now what do we have right now?”

“Candy bars, couple bag of chips and a couple bottles of water”, said Rosa as she looked through the bag she took, “Oh and the pistol”

“Sandwiches and the magnum and three boxes of ammo”, said Ishmael.

“Chips and Monsters and the pistol, of course”, said Felipe.

“I got… sodas… candy… and… a couple of sandwiches and of course the rifle”, I said, “How much ammo we got? I have ten, five in the rifle and five in my pocket.”

“Three in the magnum, I have no idea how much we have in the boxes, and you shouldn’t keep the bullets in your pocket, give em to me and I’ll put them in one of the boxes”, said Ishmael.

“Six”, said Felipe as he clicked the magazine back into the pistol.

“Five”, said Rosa as she finally figured how to get the magazine out.

“Ok, obviously we need to conserve”, I said.

“Nooooooo”, said Felipe in a sarcastic tone, “We’re going to shoot at random things till’ we run out”

“Shut up Felipe, it’s always good to be reminded that we only have a limited supply”, I said.

“Well if you two are done, we should check to see if there is anything else that is edible in the area, just in case because, the food we have won’t last long, probably three days, or a week tops if we ration”, said Ishmael.

“Well shit, we didn’t pack anything did we?” asked Rosa as she apparently was looking at her hands examining the outlines. Honestly, I would be admiring the outlines but that was another coin in the bucket that further proved that we weren't on Earth anymore.

“It’s more like we kept most of our food in the cooler, since we didn’t expect to be chased by a talking pony”, commented Ishmael.

“We need to see if we can get at least some of the stuff back”, I said, “So… Ishmael want to do some reconnaissance?”


“Is it clear?”, asked Ishmael.

“Yep”, I assured.

With that I jumped over the fence then helped him over it.

We waited until night had fallen to start doing some recon on our original campsite. I don’t know if by luck or what but we were blessed with a new moon which would make this job a bit easier. Before we left the clearing in the forest, we helped set up a temporary camp there but, we didn’t have much to work with for obvious reasons.

Anyways, with the rifle at my side, Ishmael and I walked low and slow. It took us a while, and by that I meant about thirty minutes, we came up about fifty yards from the old campsite and saw light and movement from the camp. We both immediately hid behind the apple trees and looked at each other then at the campsite.

“I can’t see who’s there”, said Ishmael in a low whisper, “Should we move a bit closer?”

I thought about if for a second and then nodded, “Yeah”, I answered quietly, “Let’s move up about fifteen meters, hopefully this new moon will help us avoid being detected”

At that we both crawled closer about fifteen meters and hid again.

We then looked around the trees to look and saw that the camp was full of ponies in golden armor. I silently cursed under my breath, I knew that getting some of the stuff wouldn’t of been easy.

“Any ideas?”, I whispered hoping that he would be able to think of a good plan because I’m drawing a blank here.

“It’s impossible”, he whispered back, “And what worries me is that although we have at least some food, we don’t have anything if we get hurt. All of the important supplies we have are there”, he said nodding at the camp.

We silently stood there, staring at the camp. As I stared, I saw six ponies who stood out from the others. One was a cyan colored pony with rainbow tomboy style striped mane with wings (There were pegasi here?), a yellow colored pony with pink mane with some covering one eye with wings, a white pony with a horn (Of course there were unicorns here), Applejack was there too, a purple pony with dark blue mane with a pink stripe with both wings and a horn (A pegacorn perhaps?), and finally there was a regular (If you can call them that) pink pony with curly puffy pink mane.

Then the pink pony had a series of random body twitches and spasms. The other five ponies seem to noticed this and she said something to them. I have no idea what she said for obvious reasons but then they started looking around frantically. The pink pony looked in the direction Ishmael and I were hiding, then her eyes widen with glee for some reason. This greatly worried me, but my mind tried to calm my beating heart by rationalizing that we were too far into the dark to have been seen. My mind couldn’t of have been more wrong. The pony turned to the others who then looked in our direction.

“Ishmael, we’ve been spotted”

“I know, we need to get out of here before anything else happens”

Right when we started to crawl away I heard a feminine voice yell, “Guards! We think we see them over there!”

Life, why do you hate me so much? Not much needed to be said between me and Ishmael, we just scrambled to our feet and booked it to the fence as fast as we could. Apparently it wasn’t fast enough, because then a blur went past us and stopped five meters in front of us. It was the cyan pegasus trying to block us.

“Come at me! I’ll knock you both out in ten seconds flat!” it said in a raspy feminine voice. Ishmael and I ignored her and ran past her. “Hey! Get back here!”, she demanded. Like hell we are.

I heard more stomping of hooves and the ponies gave chase. Luckily since we had a really big head start we made it to the fence and hurled over it and into the treeline before they got to us. After that I’m not sure why they didn’t chase us in the forest. As we walked through the forest I swear I saw a couple pairs of yellow glowing eyes watching us. I ignored them and put it off as my jumpiness of the recent recon.

When we got to the camp, we found Felipe and Rosa just sitting around looking bored out of their minds. I know I would've been banging my head on one of the nearby trees. When they saw us walk into the clearing they ran up to me and Ishmael, asking how it went and if we brought any of our stuff back. We sat down as we retold what happened in the orchard.

“Well shit, if there are guards there, then we won’t get our stuff”, said Rosa, “And I left my phone back there! Who knows what they will do with it!”, she said with a dramatic pose.

“So there are unicorns and pegasuses here?”, asked Felipe, “What kind of messed up place are we?”

“It’s pegasi, not pegasuses”, I corrected.

“Whatever, you know what I meant”

“That doesn’t matter, what matters is that we won’t be able to get our stuff, like Rosa said but not the phone part”, intervened Ishmael.

I then let out a long yawn causing my friends to yawn as well, “What time is it? I don’t know about you guys, but being chased by ponies through the night made me tired”, I said.

“It’s about… 9:45”, said Felipe as he looked at his phone, I’m not sure how he still has battery but he probably keeps it off, like me. Hey don’t judge me! I’m too tired and lazy to pull out my phone or Ipod and turning it on… well my phone at least. I left my Ipod in one of the pockets of my sweater that I lost earlier this morning.

“Damn, it’s too early to be tired”, I commented, “Break out some of the sandwiches, so we don’t go to sleep on an empty stomach”

With that Rosa got up and walked over to one of the packs and grabbed four sandwiches. Minutes later I felt a bit satisfied with the sandwich but I knew we needed to ration them for later.

“Well”, I started, “It has been an interesting day but I’m tired and I need to sleep on this”

“Sure man, see you in the morning”, said Ishmael.

After the others bid me goodnight I walked over to the fallen tree then laid down near it. Sleep found me a few minutes later and I drifted off into the darkness.


Over the following week, I started to worry.

First of all, the guards seem to get braver and started getting closer to the treeline everyday when we scout them out.

Secondly we are running extremely low on food… and by that I mean just half a sandwich and a candy bar.

On the seventh day in this strange world was when the guards started to scout the forest for us.

“Guys grab everything, we need to move!”, I said as I ran into the clearing with Rosa not too far behind me.

“They’re coming?”, asked Felipe. I nodded and then he and Ishmael went around grabbing what little we had.

“Ready”, said Ishmael as he threw on pack at me. I caught the pack and motioned to my right and we jogged out of the clearing and into the trees.

As we walked I noticed that deeper in the forest the foliage was heavier. I thought about going deeper into the forest where it got denser but decided against it.

As we walked I felt as we were being watched. I didn’t like it, and everytime I looked around I didn’t see anything and always heard some of the bushes rustle. I know my friends felt the same way because they had a hand on their holsters.

Couple minutes later we came up on a large dirt path, one way leading deeper into the forest and the other out of the forest.

“Which way should we go?”, asked Rosa as she looked both ways.

“Forward, I don’t want to go deeper into the forest nor out of it”, I answered.

We were about three-fourths of the way to the other side when I heard a growl that made my hair stand up on the back of my neck. When we turned around slowly to see what it was, I felt the blood drain from my face in fear.

What I saw was a combination of a lion with red leathery bat wings and a scorpions tail. My mind raced with thoughts to identify the creature and one word came out of my lips when I identified the terrifying creature before us, “Manticore”, I said in a small voice, “Don’t move a muscle”, I sharply whispered to my friends.

As the manticore inspected us to see if we made any sudden movements when something happened that made my stomach drop and my heart crawl up my throat.

“ACHOO!”, sneezed Rosa.

Why!? Why do you love to torture me so much, life?!

When I saw the manticore tense up, I managed to choke out one word, “Run”

At this point Felipe, Ishmael, Rosa and I, ran through the forest with a hungry manticore behind us. At one point I decided to unsling my rifle and start shooting at the beast. Let me tell you two things. One, it’s extremely difficult to aim when you have only one second to stop, aim and shoot. Two, that only furthered to piss off the beast. After a few minutes everything went to shit when I saw the manticore trying to flank us and pounce on Felipe.

“NO!”, I screamed as my legs ran faster to push him out of the way.

When I felt the claws dig into my back and shredded the skin and cloth, it felt like hell. I stumbled and fell to the ground but, that wasn’t the end of it. When I rolled onto my back I felt something sharp puncture my leg. I looked down and saw that half the tip of the tail was embedded into it and felt the poison flow into my bloodstream. When I thought that was the end I heard a sharp crack, and the manticore fell on top of me. When it did I heard a couple of sickening cracks and sharp pain flare up in several places, one of those places being my chest and I found it very hard and painful to breath. This is the worst pain I've felt in my entire life. I mean, I wanted to pass out from the pain but, I was afraid that I won't be able to wake up if I do.

“Oh god! Oh god!”, said Rosa as she and my friends rushed over to me and pulled me out of under the beast. I yelled in pain as they did that.

“We need to take him to a hospital!”, said Felipe as he noticed my wounds.

“There is none unless…”, said Ishmael as he trailed off at the end.

“Are you sure that’s is the only option?”, asked Rosa worriedly.

“It’s the only choice we have”, agreed Felipe.

“You need to carry him Felipe, you’re the strongest between us”, said Rosa.

“Sure”, agreed Felipe. He crouched down and lifted my weakened body, “Don’t worry bro we’ll get you help and fix you up, don’t you worry”

The last things I remembered was that my friends ran to the path then out of the forest towards a little village, screaming for help. When I looked to the sky, I swore I saw a beautiful phoenix in the distance. Then my body succumbed to the wounds and into unconsciousness.

Author's Note:

Update! I planned to release this chapter on Wednesday but, I felt, generous :twilightsmile:

Anyways! Like always, please like, comment and favorite!

If you guys find any errors, grammar and all that stuff, please PM me the error and I'll fix it right away!

Peace!

-TBMF