• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,643 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,643

Chapter 6: To Victory!

Chapter 6:

To Victory!

YES! AT LAST! FREEDOM!

…Or, at least a form of it.

But after a tortuous and agonizing three weeks, I was finally released from the boredom hellhole that was the hospital.

Twilight and my friends say that I’m exaggerating it a bit, but I highly doubt that they had to sit in one place for about three weeks.

Anyways, as Twilight, Felipe and Ishmael helped roll me out of the hospital with the wheelchair that was provided by the hospital - That Dr. Stable told me to stay in, for the exception of going to sleep - I took in my first deep breath of the natural and what I assumed, country air compared to the sterile air of the hospital.

“Soo… This is Ponyville?”

“Yep”, replied Felipe and Ishmael.

“Looks medieval with all the thatch houses”

“Well compared to what you have told me, we are not as advanced in technology or anything for that matter compared to your world is”, said Twilight as she trotted up next to me.

“If it weren’t for the planks, bricks, stone or siding, I would think that we were in Skyrim… minus the warm weather”

“What is Skyrim?”, asked the now confused Twilight.

“I’ll explain later, but now I guess it’s time for the tour that you said you’ll take me on when I got out”

“Ok then, but I expect a full explanation”, Twilight said with a demanding tone.

Great that is another long explanation I can add to the now growing list of explanations I owed her.

What? I get lazy to explain some things to her and my friends are just as- wait- my friends are the laziest bastards ever! I’ve had to explain and answer most of the questions Twilight had and they didn’t even lift a finger to help.

As I looked out into the distance, I see a town with the main roads leading to a tall circular building which I guessed was townhall. Farther in the distance I can see an orchard. I can take a safe guess that It’s the same orchard that we appeared in about a month ago.

Wow. It’s hard to believe that a whole month has passed since we appeared in the orchard. As I thought about this, a purple hoof suddenly came into focus as it waved in front of me.

“Leo? Are you listening?”

“Mhh? What?”, I said as my vision refocused.

Twilight gave a heavy sigh, “Never mind, just follow me and I’ll show you around town, your friends don’t have to come if they don’t want to”

“Nope, they are staying right next to me today since they barely hang out with me these past few weeks”

“Hey we visited you!”, protested Felipe.

“For about five minutes then you guys leave”, I deadpanned.

“Well, It’s not exactly exciting not having to do anything for any period of time”, said Ishmael.

“Nooooo, you think?”, I sarcastically replied, “Where’s Rosa anyways?”

“I dunno, but she should be around town somewhere or working”, said Ishmael.

“She has a job? Since when?”

“Since about a few days since Pinkie Pie let her stay at her place”, answered Felipe.

“Ok then, first tour then I’ll ask you guys what you haven’t been telling me while in the hospital”, and with that we headed towards the town.


It took about ten minutes to get to the edge of town and when we were about ten meters away from the first house, Twilight stopped and turned to me. “Ok, I’ll need to warn you about something before we head in, the ponies in this town are kind of xenophobic and will freak out at most new things”

“So they are afraid of something that has been among them for about a month? Shouldn’t they have gotten used to seeing my friends by now and won’t be afraid when they see me?”

“They should've, but they are too afraid to get to know your friends”

“So best case scenario is that they run away in fear and worst case is that they trample me down in their panic?”

“Pretty much sums up our first month here”, mumbled Ishmael.

“Hey guys”

They turned to look at me, “Let’s go in there and enter with the epicness that we have”

“What do you have in mind?”, asked Ishmael.

After looking around for a second, I found something that can work with my plan. My smile then grew wider and my eyes shone with dark intent.


“You sure this is a good idea?”, asked Ishmael who was sitting in a cart that was tied to the back of the wheelchair.

“You aren’t afraid now, aren’t you?”, I asked in a mocking tone.

“There is a difference between being scared and knowing the stupidity of something”, stated Ishmael, “And this screams stupid and idiotic idea all over it”

“Ishmael is right Leo”, said Twilight, “Besides you haven’t still recovered from your injuries yet! You can hurt yourself!”

“Aw come on Twilight”, I pouted, “But this will be fun!”

“No! This is stupid!”

“Fine!”

“Thank you”, said both Ishmael and Twilight in union.

“Ahora Felipe!”, I yelled out. Felipe then pushed the cart and the wheelchair in turn and jumped into the cart that was now rolling quickly down the steep hill.

“LEO!”, yelled Ishmael who was still in the cart. I responded with a maniacal laugh as the wind blew my hair away from my face.

When I looked back I could see Twilight running (or was it galloping?) after the cart and wheelchair. Felipe and I whooped and laughed as we saw the improvised ramp that was made up of a couple planks of wood leaning against a few boxes that we grabbed where they were which was next to a house.

I braced myself as the wheelchair hit the ramp and shot into the air along with the cart behind me. While in the air, I saw that the ponies that were outside stared at me and entourage as we hanged air for a couple of seconds. Then we landed with a loud and hard *THUMP* and rolled to a slow stop in the middle of a market.

The crowd of ponies stood still as they stare at me and blink.

Then I blinked.

They then blinked again.

Come on dumbass! Say something instead of gawking at the multi-colored ponies.

“Hola, how are ya’ll doing today?”, I said with a two-finger salute.

They just stood there in silence. Well, until…

“THERE’S MORE OF THEM MONSTERS! EVERYPONY, RUN SO THEY WON’T CATCH YOU AND EAT YOU!”, screamed a hot-pink pony with lime colored mane.

Then chaos reigned in the marketplace as every- er - pony ran, closed their stalls, close their doors and shutters and locked them, all in a span of thirty seconds.

“What the hell just happened?”, I asked with an extremely confused expression.

“What? You didn’t believe Rosa when she said that the ponies ran away at the sight of us?”, said Felipe as he crossed his arms.

“Not really, what I imagined was like one or two or even ten ponies panicking but not a full blown mass-panic and riot that all of the ponies locked themselves in their homes!”

“Welcome to Ponyville, Leo”, Twilight said with a sigh, “Where everypony here is crazy”

“Man, I hate xenophobes”, grumbled Ishmael.

“I second that”, I agreed, “But anyways, ONWARDS! TO VICTORY!”, I cried out as I pointed forwards as Felipe pushed the wheelchair.

I heard a sigh and turned around to see Twilight face… hoof and shake her head. When she looked up, I gave small laugh and waved her over, “Come on Twilight, or else I’ll get lost”

She then giggled and trotted over to where I am and walked along next to the wheelchair.


The first place we visited on our tour was Sweet Apple Acres, but we didn’t stick around for long, but I learned a couple of fun facts about this place.

Applejack and her family owns this farm (Should've seen that coming).

And that apparently they collect the apples by bucking the tree and then they are rewarded with a rain of apples from the tree. How does that even work?

But while we were at the orchard I asked the farm pony if she still had my sweater from the first day that we were here. I got it back but it was dirty and torn in some places. I don’t even… Applejack just gave me a sheepish smile and apologized for messing it up. Instead of blowing a fuse and saying a long string of spanish obscenities for messing up my favorite sweater, I told her not to worry about it too much and I’ll try fixing it myself (Thank you grandma for those ‘useless’ lessons on stitching!).

Our next stop was Fluttershy’s cottage. Her house was near the edge of the forest that was called the Everfree Forest. Apparently no one would remotely dare to enter because the plants grow by themselves and the weather changes by itself. I laughed for a good ten minutes along with Ishmael and Felipe when Twilight told us this. She was pretty mad for a while after.

Anyways, Fluttershy’s cottage was just a giant hollowed-out tree and there are a lot of animals here. Twilight told us that Fluttershy was the local animal care-taker whether it is tamed or wild. We didn’t see Fluttershy so we just headed to the next place of our tour which was Rainbow Dash’s cloud-house.

At first I thought that she was bullshitting us until we saw the said cyan pegasus sleeping on a fucking cloud. I stared at her with my mouth agape and apparently so were Felipe and Ishmael (These guys really didn’t pay much attention their two weeks in town now did they?). The only thing I was thinking was ‘Holy shit! I’ve always wanted to walk on a cloud and wonder how soft they are’ but I was quickly shot down when Twilight told us that only pegasi and alicorns can walk on clouds. She then told us that any *sigh* pony (These horse/pony puns are starting to get old) can walk on clouds if a unicorn or alicorn cast a cloudwalking spell on them and that she’ll cast the spell on us later (and by that she meant REALLY later).

The next place was the Carousel Boutique which was both the home and business of Rarity, who was a fashionista and clothes designer. When I saw the shop I groaned and wanted to bang my head against the armrest when I saw that it resembled a carousel. When Rarity saw us she invited us in and served us some tea and some sandwiches (Which I had to pick out most of the inedible greens). Now I’m not a tea person but I enjoyed it. When she saw my dirty and torn sweater she cried out that it was a crime against fashion and told me to giver her the sweater and that she’ll improve it without charge. I tried to convince her that she doesn’t need to fix it for me but she ignored my pleas and walked to a different room and came back with a tape measure and took my upper body measurements.

Let me tell you, it wasn’t easy to move around in the wheelchair to allow her to get good measurements but, after about five minutes she nodded in satisfaction and told me to come back to her shop in about one to two weeks since she still has other clients’ orders to work on and with that we left the boutique.

“What just happened?”

“I have no idea”, said Ishmael.

“Ditto”, added Felipe.

“Come on we have two more places to go and the day is almost over”, said Twilight.

The day was what? I looked at the sky… well what do you know it is almost over. Grabbing my phone I checked the time and it read 5:15 PM. Wow time does fly when you’re having fun(?).

Later we reached a place called Sugarcube Corner and my first thought was ‘Does the gingerbread man live here?’ since the building resembled a giant gingerbread house with a giant cupcake on top. Must be a bakery.

“This is our town’s local bakery”, Twilight informed us. Called it.

The place was kinda straightforward so Twilight didn’t bother to show us the inside of the shop.

The last place we visited was a giant tree near the center of town that was both the town library and Twilight’s home. The place was a giant hollowed out oak tree that was still for some reason still alive with a sign outside that read ‘Golden Oaks Library’. By now the sun was halfway set and both Felipe and Ishmael had to head to where they were staying.

“So, Twilight where am I going to stay?”

“You're staying here with me”

“You didn’t have to do that for me Twilight”

“I volunteered for you to stay here, so did Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy for your friends”

“But why?”

“Why what?”

“Why are you going through the trouble to help a stranger, but not just any stranger but a stranger that is an unknown species and is potentially dangerous?”

“Because friends help one another”

I was kinda taken aback, “Friends? You consider us your friends?”

“Well yeah, I know you wouldn't hurt us on purpose and we’ve talked for the most part in the hospital, so aren’t we friends?”

I thought about it for a bit and agreed to her logic and truth being, I also considered them as friends, “Yeah, I guess we are”

“Great! Now since for now you can’t go upstairs where the bedrooms are at, I’ve set up the couch/bed for you in the living room, so follow me”

I followed her through a door on the other side which revealed a kitchen and then past that, the living room. She then moved some stuff around with her magic and set up the foldable bed from the couch and a pillow and blankets from a cabinet nearby.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

I looked around and saw a grandfather clock rang out signaling that it was ten pm. Wow time does fly by. I then tried to stifle a yawn but failed. This then caused Twilight to yawn as well.

“Well time to go to sleep", she said then she levitated me out of the wheelchair with a bit of struggle. Damn, am I that fat that she is struggling to lift me up by magic? If so then I need to workout more.

She then levitated me to the bed. “You know I could've gotten to bed without your help right?”

“Doctor Stable said that you should keep off that foot for at least two weeks”

“Ok mom”

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Good night Leo”

“Good night Twilight and Thanks again for letting me stay here”

“It’s no problem and you’re welcome”

With that she turned off the lights and closed the door. I didn’t even know how tired I was till’ my head hit the pillow. So without much thought I drifted off into dreamland.

Author's Note:

Ok sorry for being late guys, I've had a rough week last week and couldn't concentrate on anything, so to make up for last week I'll post another chapter sometime this week so keep a look out for that.

By now you guys know the drill but I'll repeat it anyways :rainbowwild:

Please thumbs up, favorite and if you want follow if you enjoyed this story so far and would like to read more like it. And if you find any errors (spelling or grammar) please PM me the chapter, line and the error and I'll fix it right away.

If there is something you would like to see in a future chapter or any suggestions comment them below, I'm open to all ideas and I'll give you credit if I use your suggestion.

Peace!
-TBMF