• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,643 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,643

Chapter 4: Questions, Answers, and Boring Hospitals Part I

Chapter 4:

Questions, Answers and Boring Hospitals Part I

Somebody… *Thud!* … Kill… *Thud!*… Me… *Thud*… Now!… *Thud!*

These thoughts circulated my brain as I banged the back of my head against the headboard of the hospital bed. The reason I am doing this is because, it has been over two weeks… TWO GOD DAMN WEEKS!… of being stuck in this hospital. Sigh… Welp, at least (I hope) that I get released from this god forsaken place devoid of anything fun. Even my laptop (Which has been recovered) full of games and whatnot did not help much. But at least I’ve had plenty of company.

Let me tell you how my stay in the Ponyville hospital has been so far these past two weeks…


*Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!*

“Huh!?… Wha?”, I rubbed my eyes from the sleep and looked around in bewilderment. Then another series of knocks made me look towards the door. “Come in”, I called out. The door open to reveal a brown unicorn with white mane, a white lab coat, and a stethoscope around his neck.

When he saw me he cleared his throat and said, “Ah, good morning sorry for waking you, I’m Doctor Stable, how are you feeling?”

“Yesterday I felt like I got ran over by a semi, then the driver decided that I wasn’t roadkill yet, so he ran me over ten more time for good measure. But today I only feels like I got ran over by a prius”

“Uhmm… Even though I don’t know a semi or a prius are, I’ll just assume that you don’t feel well”

“In a nutshell, so what exactly is wrong with me? I mean, I see the bandages and the cast but what’s the damage here?”

“Well according to this and what we had to do to you when you came in”, he grabbed the clipboard from the footboard, “You have three broken ribs, broken your left leg in four places, a large puncture wound on your upper left leg, heavy blood loss, three large gashes on your back and manticore poison”

“Damn… how the hell did I not die quickly?”, I wondered out loud.

“Actually about five more minutes and you would’ve died, so you’re really lucky to be alive and have friends that brought you in. Oh we didn’t get your name when your friends brought you in Mr…?”

“Leonardo Anaya Castro, but I normally don’t use my second last name unless it’s something important”, I held my arm out.

He took the handshake, which felt weird since he doesn’t have a palm or any hands (For obvious reasons), and said, “Well Mr. Anaya, as I said you’re very lucky to be alive”

“Just call me Leo, it’s what everyone calls me anyways”

“Okay then Leo, I just came by to check on you, well I must check on my other patients”, he then turned to walk out but I stopped him.

“Umm… Doc, when will I be released?”

“Not for about a month I’d say”, he said turning to face me.

“Why? Normally, not too sure about the heavy blood loss though, but for broken bones patients are usually released the next day, aren't they?”

“Celestia no! They need time to recover, and for you in your condition, you won't be able to walk!”

“Well… could I use at least a wheelchair?”

“We don’t have one for someone your size right now… I think”

“Well can you check because, no offence, I would rather not be here longer than I have to”

“Sure, it’s completely understandable, and none taken, well, if that’s all then I must go”

“Sure, thanks Doc”

With that he closed the door behind him. I still felt very tired. I looked at the wall where there was a clock hanging that read 10 A.M. Damn! How long was I asleep for? Then the door opened to reveal a light yellow nurse with cyan and sky-blue mane and tail holding a tray, of what I assumed was food, in her mouth. The nurse then placed the tray on my lap.

“Hello there dear, how are you feeling?”

“Felt worse yesterday, I can tell you that much”

“Oh I’m sure, I mean you were attacked by a manticore, afterall”

I looked at the tray that was on my lap and then confusion washed over me… What. The. Fuck? What is this? “Ummm… What kind of food is this?”

“Mhm? Oh that’s lettuce mashed with tomatoes and daisies and with gelatin on the side”

“Uhhhhhhh… It sure looks delicious…”, I said warily, “… Wait, did you say daisies and gelatin?”, what is gelatin made of here?!

“Oh yeah, don’t worry it taste better than it looks”

“Uhmmmm, I can’t eat daisies”

“Oh, would you like some hay instead?”

I shook my head, “No no, what I meant to say is that I can’t eat any plants or grasses because my body can’t digest them and they will make me sick”

“Oh, I’m sorry dear, I didn’t know, then what can you eat?”

“It’s ok since you didn’t know, and I can eat fruits and vegetables”, I excluded the fact that I can eat meat since from what I saw, these ponies are herbivores, and I’d rather not cause a panic.

“Ok dear, I’ll get you some fruits, I’ll just take this back with me and come back in a moment”

“Thank you”, and with that she left the room with the tray and left me with my thoughts. She then came back with an apple and banana on the tray. With a ‘thank you’ she nodded and left me with my breakfast. Such a small breakfast, but welp, beggars can’t be choosers. And with that I grabbed the bright red apple and took a bite. My eyes shot open to look at the apple. This was one of the best apples I’ve ever tasted! Normally I wouldn’t notice the flavor of the apples back at home much but this one was a lot more sweeter than the any that I’ve tasted! Within minutes, there was nothing left of the apple, except the core. I then eyed the banana. If the apple was that good, then I hoped the banana would taste a lot better. And I wasn’t wrong.

Now looking at my now empty tray I sadly sighed. I still felt hungry. A knock then interrupted my sorrow for hunger and called out for the person or pony to come in. The door revealed my three friends, who looked like they ran from the devil himself.

“Sup’ guys, why do you guys look like you ran from the grudge?”

“The pink furball won’t leave us alone!”, exclaimed Rosa.

“Who?”

“The pink one named Pinkie Pie”, said Felipe, “She won’t leave us alone until we let her be our friend and throw us a party”

“I’m not sure what to do about that but, do you guys have anything good to eat on you?”

“Yeah, we managed to get our stuff back yesterday not too long after we left here”, said Ishmael as he handed me my backpack with my laptop, my dufflebag, and small pack of, what I assumed was the food we had. I wasn’t too sure if the food was still good but, I unzipped the pack and looked at the sandwiches that laid inside. They didn’t look too bad, there was no mold on them at least.

“Don’t worry there is no mold on them, we checked them all before we ate some”, reassured Ishmael.

“Okay thanks”, with that I grabbed a sandwich and took a bite out of it. Meat! Glorious meat! And it tasted as if it was freshly made. “So how’s is the town?”

“It’s nice, I guess, but it’s not Milwaukee”, replied Rosa.

“No shit Sherlock, what gave it away?”

“Shut up Leo. Anyways the townsfolk seem nice, but they seem afraid of us and just whisper when we walk by”

“Well we are a new species that appeared out of nowhe-”

Suddenly I was interrupted by a bubbly, sing-song voice rang out from outside, “♫Rosa! Felipe! Ishmael! Where are youuu?♫”

“Shit! She’s here!”, cried out Rosa, “RUN!”

With that they scrambled out the door as fast as they could. Seconds later a pink furball jumped into the window and looked around. She then saw me and her smile grew.

“Hi there!”

“Hey… what are you doing here?”

“Well I’m looking for your friends, have you seen them?”

“Haven’t seen them today, them bastards”, I lied.

“Awww, don’t worry, when you get out of the hospital, I’ll throw a HUGE ‘Welcome to Ponyville and hope you feel better soon’ party where you can make lots and lots of friends in Ponyville!”, she smiled brightly. I also swore I heard a squee when she smiled.

“That would be nice, Pinkie Pie, was it?”, I extended my hand out for a handshake. Instead of a handshake, she threw her forelegs around me and gave me a big hug. It would of been a nice gesture, if not for the fact that my ribs were still broken.

“Yeporuny! And I remembered your name too, Pheo”

Wow, never expected to hear that nickname here.

“Well I got to go, I Pinkie Promise that I come back to visit you and bring you a super-duper yummy cupcake!”

“How are you going to pinkie promise something if you don’t have any pinkies?”, I asked skeptically.

“But I’m Pinkie, and this is a Pinkie Promise: Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye”, while doing various motions and ending with one hoof over her eye.

“Isn’t: Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye?”

“*GASP!* Why would anyone hope to die and stick a needle in their eye?! That would hurt a lot!”, exclaimed Pinkie.

“It’s just a saying, they don’t really hope to die or stick needles in their eyes”

“Oh, Okey-dokey-lokey then! I’ll see you later Pheo!”, with that Pinkie dashes out of the room leaving a Pinkie Pie shaped dust cloud where she once stood. Huh… Just like the roadrunner.

Suddenly a wind blew in from the window that Pinkie came in from. I shivered, remembering that I was butt-naked under the covers. I knew I forgot to ask the doctor where were my clothing, but luckily my friends had just brought my dufflebag. Reaching over and with some sharp stabs of pain, I hoisted the bag onto the bed. Since looks weren’t that important at the moment, I just grabbed my underwear, sweat-shorts and a plain white undershirt. Let me tell you, the shirt was easy enough to put on but the underwear and shorts weren’t. But within at least a minute and a half, I felt decent enough to be seen if someone decided to pull the sheet off of me.

Looking at the clock, it read: 11:45. Wow, already an hour and forty-five minutes passed? I need to find something to do because there was nothing to do! Eyeing my backpack, I put the dufflebag on the floor and replaced it with my backpack. I quickly unzipped it and pulled out my laptop.

How I missed you technology! I quickly turned it on and logged in. Now… what should I play… Obviously I can’t play any online games, so instead I clicked on a folder marked ‘Emulators’ and clicked the GBA file and started to play one of my all-time favorite games: Pokemon FireRed Version. Honestly, I love every pokemon game, but FireRed was one of the first ones that I’ve played. Seeing that I already have a save file, I copied the file into a different folder and started a fresh new game.

Right when I was going to start, I was interrupted by a couple of knocks. With an annoyed groan, I closed the laptop and put it back into my backpack and called out, “Come in!”

The door was then enveloped in a purple aura and opened up to reveal Twilight Sparkle, with piles, upon piles of paper, quills and ink bottles that were also encased in a purple aura. She then walked in and levitated the stuff to where she sat down on the left side of the bed.

“Good morning Leonardo, how are you doing today?”, she asked in an upbeat tone.

Naturally I sat there with my mouth agape staring at the object that were levitating a moment ago. “How the hell did you do that?”

“Do what?”, she asked, with a look of confusion on her face.

“The levitating objects thing, how are you doing that?”

“Oh you mean my magic?”

“Suuuureeee… Magic”, I said sarcastically while waving my hands in an arc in front of me, “Next you’ll say that dragons are real and god-like beings raise the moon and the sun”

“Actually, dragons are real, and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna raise the sun and the moon, respectively”, she said in a scholar-like tone.

“I call bullshit on that”

“Hey! Don’t disrespect my teacher like that!”, Twilight snarled.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to offend you, but I still don’t believe that the white pegacorn from yesterday can raise the sun, reason being because the sun is a giant burning ball of gas that is about ninety-three million miles away, give or take a million”

“Princess Celestia is an alicorn, like Princess Luna and I. Besides, if that was true, then how will sun rise and set?”

“The Earth rotates on it’s axis”, I said matter-of-factly.

“Nevermind about this, you didn’t answer my first question, how are you Leonardo?”

“Sorry, I feel better than yesterday, I can tell you that much, and please call me Leo, I’m not really used to people calling me by my full first-name”

“It’s ok and I’m glad that you feel better Leo. Now the reason that I’m here is that I wanted to ask you or your friends some questions about you guys and your species, but they didn’t wanted to answer any of my questions”, she said with a frown.

“Sorry, but can you wait until later for a Q and A session, reasons being I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I’m talking to ponies and two I’d rather do this when my friends are here”

“Oh, well okay then”, she said dejectedly, “I guess I’ll just come back tomorrow then”

As she started to walk away, I stopped her before she was able to reach the door, “Wait!”, she turned to face me with a quizzical look on her face, “You don’t have to go if you don’t want to, beside I’d love some company, it gets lonely here”

With that she brightened up and said, “Okay!”, she then trotted to where she previously was.

“If you want I can tell you a bit about myself, if you tell me a bit about yourself”

She thought about it for a minute, tapping a hoof to her chin, “Okay then, you have a deal”

With that she told me a bit about herself and how she came to be in Ponyville. In return I told her a bit about myself.

Everyday that week was more or less the same. Each day that Twilight came hoping for the Q and A session, and each day I told her I wasn’t quite ready and we instead told a bit more about ourselves, until I finally agreed towards the end of my first week at the hospital…