• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,640 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,640

Chapter 13: This Cannot End Well...

Chapter 13:

This Cannot End Well…

“Get back here Leo!”, screamed a little girl who was a bit more than miffed. She was pissed. And me like the dumbass that I am and due to the hilarity of the situation, I was laughing my ass off while running away from said girl.

It was one of my best pranks yet against my little sister Celida. It consisted of a couple rubber spiders, hair dye, glitter and a mirror. When I heard her screams from my room I couldn’t contain myself, and it didn’t help when my sister barged into my room with a vomit-green dyed hair with glitter and a rubber spider sticking out of her hair, seething with anger.

After chasing me through most of my house I couldn’t run anymore so I broke down laughing in the backyard, where she body slammed me and sent a flurry of punches at me, which were only minor annoyances.

“Hahaha… Oh come on Celly, you know it was funny- hehehe”, I chuckled as I hugged her.

“Wait till’ I tell mom!”, she then stormed off to the sliding glass door.

“Awww! Come on Celly, don’t do that! It was a joke, beside you can wash it off easily”, I said as I chased her and tackled her in a bear hug. She then tried to squirm out of my grip but without avail.

I then carried her to the grass and started to tickle her.

“Leo!! Hahahahaha! Stop!! Hahahahaha! I-I’m going to pee!!”, she pleaded.

I continued to tickle her but then, she along with the world started to crumble away, like sand in the wind. I stopped tickling her and just watched in silent horror as the world literally crumbled away leaving behind a void.

“Celly?”, I called out for my little sister, “Celida!?”

I frantically turned around in hope to see my sister, “CELLY! CELIDA!!”

“She's not here”

I turned around and the first word to come out of my mouth without thinking was, “Bianca”

“Oh, so you do remember me? Not much good would that do to you, now would it?”

“What do you want?”, I spat.

“Is that how you treat a friend?”, she said in mocking tone.

“Ha! You’re hilarious, you know that, right? Thinking that you’re my friend”

“And who are your real friends, Mhhhh?”

“Well, Felipe, Rosa, Ishmael, Twilight, Spike, and the rest of the gang, but you were never part of this”

“Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. One day, they all will abandon you and kick you aside, especially her”, she said while pointing to a picture of Twilight that appeared out of nowhere.

“They’d never do that. They would never abandon me nor I will abandon them”

Bianca still had that smug grin, like if she knew something I didn’t, “One day, you’ll see that I’m right, and when you do, I’ll be here waiting for you”

With that she too crumbled to dusts and blew away in an invisible breeze. Then, the whole world disappeared completely.


I slowly woke up to the sound of my phone and Ipod alarm. I then reached over to them and shut both alarms off, while sitting up in the bed and stretched. I checked the time on my phone and it revealed to be four in the morning.

“Why do I force myself to wake up at this time?”, I groaned sleepily. I then looked at my PT gear laying at the foot of the bed, “Oh, I remember now”, I then tried to rub the sleepiness out of my eye without success.

“Welp. Need to get up now”

After a quick shower, I got changed into my PT gear and grabbed the things that I usually carry around with me. I then tip-toed quietly down the stairs and left the library and started to go through my usual route around the sleeping town.

After the jog, I sat down on a bench in the park and gazed up at the stars.

‘I wonder if my family is still looking for me. I mean we’ve been missing for how long? Four, five months?’

It’s depressing really but there isn’t much to think about, but with a heavy sigh, I sat up and continued on with my exercises.


One hour later

I started with my cool-down exercises when I saw the light glow in the eastern horizon signaling the coming of a new day. Upon seeing the sun, I turned around and lightly jogged to the library.

I managed to make it in five minutes. I walked in to see that the home was as empty as when I left earlier. So, with the assumption that everyone in the home was asleep, I tip-toed to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I looked around the kitchen to see what we had and to see what I can make.

Seeing the obvious lack of meat sadden me a bit, “Man, I wished we had some chorizo or bacon”, I mumbled to myself as I grabbed a couple of potatoes, eggs, flour, and anything else I was using. I started with washing and peeling the potatoes. After that, I diced them and put them to fry on a pan and started to make pancake batter. Twilight came down when I was mixing scrambled eggs with the potato cubes.

“Good morning Leo. What are you doing up this early?”, she asked. I turned to see her standing in the doorway.

“Huh? Oh, morning Twi, I’m just making some breakfast. You can go sit down, it’s almost ready”

“What did you make?”, she asked as she walked to the dining room.

“Scrambled eggs with diced potatoes and pancakes”, I said as I placed two plates with the food and two cups of orange juice that were expertly balanced on my arms. Twilight tentatively picked up a fork with her magic and ate some of the eggs with potatoes. Her face lit up.

“Leo, this tastes amazing! Where’d you learn to cook like this?”, she asked before digging in.

I chuckled sheepishly at her praise, “I learned from my mom and grandma, but you should taste their cooking. Trust me, they can make it way better”, I said with a sad smile before digging in too.

“Don’t put yourself down like that, it’s some of the best cooking I’ve ever tasted”

“It’s just scrambled eggs with potatoes, nothing much”, I said as I finished my food and placed it in the sink. “Well, since Silver gave both Felipe and I the day off, I’m going to get changed then go look for the guys…”, I then stopped at the doorway, “… And Rosa”

As I climbed up the stairs Twilight followed me up the stairs, “Can I come with you guys?”

I looked at her, which wasn’t hard since she was hovering right next to my face, “Sure, why not? The more the merrier, just let me change”, I then walked to my room and locked the door behind me.


“So, where do we head first?”, I asked Twilight.

She gave me a deadpanned stare, “Oh… right”, I chuckled sheepishly while rubbing the back of my head, “Well, ONWARDS! TO FLUTTERSHY’S COTTAGE!”, I said while pointing and walking in a random direction.

“Her cottage is in the opposite direction”, she deadpanned.

I quickly turned around and marched the opposite direction, “I knew that”, I then heard the sound of her hoof meet her face.

“I have a feeling that this is going to be a long day”, she mumbled.

“Why don’t we make this day go faster then?”

“H-huh? How?”

“Race you to Shy’s!”, I then took off leaving her in the dust, laughing my ass off.

“H-hey! No fair!”, Twilight then took off after me.

“Hahaha! Catch me if you can!”, I then saw the cottage getting closer as I ran, that is until I felt someone tackle me from behind, “GAH!”

Me and my assailant tumbled down, rolling further down the road till’ I hit a tree.

“Ugh! I’m going to feel that later”, I groaned. I then heard someone giggle on top of me. I looked up so see Twilight sitting on my stomach with a warm smile on her face. With the sun shining behind her and the soft breeze that blew at her mane, she looked truly beautiful. She then reached out with a hoof and booped my nose, causing me to involuntarily twitch my nose.

“Caught ya”, she said teasingly.

“How’d you-?”, I asked until she opened her wings slightly and ruffled them, “Oh, forgot you had those”, I mused, “Cheater”, I then mumbled, until she lightly slapped me with one of her wings.

“Say’s the guy who rushed ahead, then said guy challenged me to a race when you were halfway there”

“Oh shush it”, I then slightly pushed her playfully.

I was then interrupted by a soft voice saying, “Oh… my!”

Both Twilight and I snapped our heads to the voice’s source and saw Fluttershy standing near the tree and then she hid partly behind her pink mane, “Oh! I-I hope I didn’t interrupt anything important. A-and, if I may ask, what were you two doing? I-if t-that’s alright with you that is”, the shy pegasus asked us timidly.

I don’t know about Twilight, but my face instantly felt red-hot, as if we were caught doing something naughty… If you know what I mean. “I-it’s not what you think!”, I stuttered, “We tripped and fell, r-right Twi?”

“Y-yeah! That’s it, we tripped and fell”, she stuttered sounding as equally flustered as I.

“Oh ok, it’s not my business anyway”

There was then an awkward silence between us, that was broken by me clearing my throat to Twilight, who was still on me.

“Oh sorry”, she then got off me and offered to help me back up, which I waved her off and picked myself off the ground, “Well then, how are you doing Fluttershy?”, I asked trying to forget the last thirty seconds.

“I-I’ve been good”, she replied shyly.

‘This conversation is going to become awkward again’

“That’s good, is Ishmael here?”

“Oh… he’s not here. He went to Sugarcube Corner to talk to Rosa”

‘Well this makes things a bit easier then’

“Ok, thanks Fluttershy, I’ll come visit later. Come on Twi”

“I would love that you visit later. I-if you don’t mind that is”

“Bye Fluttershy”, said Twilight as we left.

“Later Twilight, later Leo!”

When we were a distance away from Fluttershy I turned to Twilight with a playful grin, “Wanna race to Sugarcube Corner?”


Later at Sugarcube Corner:

“What took you so long?”, giggled Twilight.

“I… Had to… Run all the way… Here”, I gasped as I finally reached the bakery, at full sprint… all the way there, “You… Have wings to… Help you”

“Hmph! It wasn’t my idea to race here remember?”

I didn’t answer, instead I focused on regaining my breath and slow my heavily beating heart. After about a minute or so, I walked into the bakery and saw Ishmael sitting on the counter talking to Rosa, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash.

“Hey Ishmael, didn’t anyone tell you that tables and counters are for glasses, not asses?”, I called out.

“Shut up Leo!”, he called back.

“Silly Pheo! Why would a donkey sit on the tables and counters when we have seats besides the tables for them to sit down”, explained Pinkie.

“What are you even…?”, I wondered out loud.

“Don’t bother asking. Who know’s what goes on in that head of her’s”, commented Rainbow.

“Oookk…”

“What are you two doing here anyway?”, asked Rosa.

“Leo and Felipe had the day off”, explained Twilight, “He wanted to be with you, Ishmael and Felipe for the day”

“Yeah, what she said. Anyway, you don’t have to hang if you guys don’t want”

“Are you kidding?”, exclaimed Ishmael, “We’ve haven’t had a chance to hang since you two got the job”

“I’ll have to ask the Cakes if it’s ok with them”, Rosa then walked up the stairs.

“Can me and Pinkie join you guys?”, asked Rainbow.

“Sure Rainbow, I don’t mind you two joining us”

We waited a while for Rosa to come down, but she didn’t take too long, “They said that it’s alright”

“Great! Now let’s go get Felipe, I don’t want to stand around anymore”

When we left the bakery, I apparently never learn, “You guys want to race?”

“You’re on!”, said Rainbow in a cocky fashion.

The small rational part of my brain was telling me not to race, but my non-rational part went ahead to race.


Later at Sweet Apple Acres:

“Why… Did I even suggest… racing again?!”, I gasped.

“That’s what you get for challenging the fastest pegasus around, an alicorn and Pinkie”, stated Felipe who was sitting on the same place as when we got here… on the front steps of the Apple’s home. “What are you guys doing here anyway?”

“Oh! Oh! Oh! Pick me! PICK ME!”, yelled Pinkie excitedly as she held a hoof up.

“Yes, Pinkie?”, Felipe sighed exasperatedly.

“Weeeell… Pheo wanted you, him, Rosa and Ishmael to hang out since you both have the day off. Soooooo… he went to Fluttershy’s to look for Ishmael but he wasn’t there because he was at Sugarcube Corner with Rosa, Dashie, and I. So he raced Twilight there and lost. AND THEN-mhfthftmhfmhtf-”

“I don’t need the whole story of how everything became, only on why you guys are here. Now I’m going to remove my hand, and when I do will you only tell me that?”, Pinkie nodded furiously. Satisfied with her response he released her muzzle.

“You fool!”, I warned him too late.

“Pheo want all of us to hang out! Ohhhhh! What should we do? There is so much we can do! We can go play pin-the-tail on the pony, swimming, mountain climbing, spelunking, have a picnic, camping or have a party! I wonder if there is cupcakes in my party cannon, I should go check. Be back before you can say waffles!”, she then dashed away.

“Well then… That was-”, I stated until Pinkie came back.

“But you have to say it reeeally slow!”, Pinkie said while stretching out the e’s for a while. Then like before, she dashed away to who know’s where.

“Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffff-”

“Shut up Rosa, she didn’t mean it literally”, I groaned.

“So what are you doing here, because I didn’t get anything that Pinkie said”, asked Felipe.

“In eight word. We bored as fuck, let’s all do something”, I said while counting out each word on my fingers.

“What do you want to do then? I’ve been here at the farm for a while, and there’s been nothing fun to do”

“Well shit, I don’t know. I kind of hoped that you would’ve had an idea…”

“Hey Leo, I have an idea”, called out Rosa.

“For all it’s worth please tell us”, responded Ishmael.

“We haven’t had a good shooting practice since the day before we got here, we should practice since we have nothing else to do”, she offered.

“NO!”, roared both Ishmael and Felipe.

“Rosa can we talk in private. Both of you too”, I gestured to Ishmael and Felipe, then headed to the open barn with the three of them in tow. Once we entered the barn I closed the giant doors and turned to them.

“Now… Why the hell would you say that in front of the girls!?”, I hissed, “We’re lucky to have gone this far without them knowing what the rifle and pistols are for!”

“Well, they were going to find out sooner or later! And it’s better that we show some more trust in them! We’ve already proved that we would not hurt them on purpose so what are they going to be afraid of? And besides what’s the worst thing that can happen?!”, she ranted.

“Thanks for jinxing us Rosa”, mumbled Ishmael.

“Leo, she's right you know. You need to stop worrying too much”, replied Felipe.

“You guys are right”, I sighed dejectedly, “Go grab your guns guys. Time to show these ponies how much of a horrible shots we are”, I said with a chuckle.

When we left the barn, Rainbow looked around and whistled innocently, making it plainly obvious that she eavesdropped on us, “Hey Twi, can you guys wait here, we’re going to grab something real quick”

“Sure thing Leo”

“Alright, be back in a flash!”

As I ran, I think I heard Rainbow telling Twilight that we’re hiding something, which was true in some cases but hopefully, they only suspect the guns, which won’t matter for long.


When I got to the library I quickly shouldered the rifle and grabbed a box of ammo.

‘Now, what should we use as targets?’

“Hey Spike! Are there any empty bottles or cans that I can use?”

“There should be a bin full of recyclables in the basement!”, shouted the little drake.

I ran to the basement and found the bin which was full of glass and plastic bottles and tin cans, “Thanks Spike!”, I stuffed a couple bottles and cans in my backpack and jogged back to the farm, where I found everyone waiting for me.

“Honestly Leo, why are you so slow? Even Ishmael got his revolver and got here before you did”, taunted Rosa.

I shook my bag, making it sound as the cans and bottles shook inside, “I was getting our targets”, I then turned to Felipe, “You’ve been on the farm for a while, any good places to shoot?”

“I know one but it’ll take a while to get there, c’mon follow me”, Felipe waved for us to follow as he walked into the orchard. It took a while, but eventually we apparently reached our destination in a big clearing in who know’s where in the orchard. At one side of the clearing were a couple of very old looking stumps (Try guessing on what kind of tree’s they might of been).

“So… What now?”, asked Rainbow.

Ignoring Rainbow for the moment I threw some of the cans and bottles to Felipe, Rosa and Ishmael, “Set some targets up guys, and also try putting some a bit distanced away for me”, we then started setting up the bottles and cans. Some on the stumps, on the tree branches and on the grass in varying distances.

“What are you guys even doing?”, pestered Rainbow.

I walked up to the hovering pegasus and booped her nose, “Well my flying equine, we are-”, I then noticed that Pinkie was sitting next to Twilight while eating an ice-cream cone, “When did you get here Pinkie? And how did you- Never mind”, I turned back to Rainbow, “As I was saying, we are setting up some practice targets”

“Practice targets for what? You guys think you can hit them from here without a bow?”

I then loaded a magazine and locked a bullet into the chamber, “You’ll see, now you three stay behind us and I suggest you cover your ears”, I then turned to my friends and saw them loading their weapons, “You guys ready?”, I was answered with a collective yes. “Is anyone down range!?”, I yelled towards the general direction where we were going to shoot and waited for a few moments. After seeing that there was no response I turned to my friends once more, “Ok guys, safeties off and open fire”, there was a collective sound of us clicking the safeties off and then…

KA-CRACK! POP! BANG! BANG!

“AHH!”, screamed the girls behind us. I rolled my eyes as I pulled, then locked the bolt, loading another bullet into the chamber and aimed at a glass sarsaparilla bottle that was perched on a far tree branch.

Within a couple of minutes we shot every single bottle and can in the makeshift firing range, “Well… what do you three think?”, I asked the girls while unloading the rifle and clicking the safety back on.

“That. Was. The most awesome thing I’ve ever seen!”, Rainbow then rambled on how we shot the bottles and cans. Soon after Pinkie also joined in her rambling and they then pretended to be us… Or at least Rainbow switch in playing any one of us while Pinkie pretended to be the bottles or cans. Felipe, Rosa and Ishmael showed them the guns that they had.

“Well I think your marksmanship is great!”, praised Twilight.

“Thanks Twi, although my aim was a bit off a few of the times”

“That’s not true! You hit every target out there. You should consider to try your hoof at archery since you are good at this thing”

“I already have, but I’m only good with compact bows, couldn’t use a longbow for shit”

“Oh I’m sure you’re not that bad at the long bow”

“I beg to differ”, I scoffed.

Twilight was about to say something before being interrupted by a trio of fillies.

“Hey, what are ya’ll doing here?”, asked the little yellow one with a bow on her head, her voice sounded familiar for some reason.

“Yeah! You guys should run before the big booming monster catches you guys!”, warned the little orange pegasus.

“What are you girls talking about?”, asked Twilight.

“Hey… Aren’t you three the fillies that were following me and Felipe after work the other day?”, I half asked and half wondered out loud.

“You haven’t met these three?”, asked Twilight.

“I’ve seen them around town a couple of times but, haven’t talked to them, I don’t usually hang or talk to kids under the age of twelve-ish or ten-ish…”, my voice waivered towards the end.

“We are not kids! Do we look like baby goats!?”, exclaimed the orange pegasus while her wings were buzzing.

“Yeah! And besides we’re not that young!”, defended the white unicorn.

“Oh yeah? Then tell me, how old are you?”, I asked with a smirk.

The trio then fell silent while they looked at the ground pawing the ground and mumbled something incoherent, “I didn’t hear you three, can you please repeat it”

They gave a defeated sigh and said in usion, “Nine”

I suddenly felt something smack the back of my head, “Leo stop being an asshole and give them a break alright?”, scolded Rosa.

“Alright, alright!”, I groaned as I rubbed the back of my head, “Look, I’m sorry for being mean to you three, but I want to know something. I know no one goes towards a scary sound, so why are you three looking for it?”, I questioned, “And also what are your names?”

“I’m Applebloom!”

“I’m Sweetie Belle!”

“And I’m Scootaloo!”

“And we’re…”

The Cutie Mark Crusaders!”, they yelled in unison.

‘Oi! I think they just made me deaf!’, I then tried to rub at my ears to get rid of the ringing.

“The reason we went towards the scary sound was that, we thought that might of gotten our cutie marks in monster slaying”, replied Applebloom.

“And what kind of cutie mark would that be?”, asked Ishmael.

“We were hoping to be…”, started Sweetie Belle.

Cutie Mark Crusader Monster Slayers!

‘If this keeps up, I’m going to be permanently deaf’

“Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you girls, but there is no monster here”, said Twilight.

“Yep! Only Pheo, Rosie, Ishie, and Bryan’s scary boom-sticks”, blurted Pinkie, she then quickly covered up her mouth with both forehooves.

“How do you know my middle name?”, asked Felipe.

“What is Pinkie talkin’ about Twilight?”, asked Applebloom.

“Nothing! Nothing at all! Rrrrriiight Pinkie?”, lied Twilight with obvious shifty eyes.

‘These ponies are horrible liars’, I then proceeded to facepalm.

“Nope!”, Pinkie hastily agreed.

An awkward silence then fell upon us as we stared at each other, wondering what to do next.

“Sooo… Since there is no booming monster thing ravaging the orchard, what are you three going to do now?”, I questioned the trio.

“We don’t really know”, admitted Scootaloo, “We kind of thought that the monster slayer thing would of kept us busy for most of the day”

“Hey girls, why don’t we hang out with Felipe’s friends for a while?”, asked Sweetie Belle to her companions.

“Yeah! Why not?”, agreed Applebloom.

“Can we!?”, pleaded Scootaloo as the trio gave me the puppy dog eyes.

‘Oh god! How does anyone say no to these three?!’, I was going to say that maybe later but their eyes got bigger and they stuck their lower lips out in a pout, ‘HNG! I think they just gave me diabetes! Must! Resist!’

I then sighed in defeat, “You girls can come if you want”

“YAY!”, they cheered.

I turned to find Felipe facepalming.

“What?!”, I asked.

“I think you just signed our death certificates”, he replied.

“Oh they can’t be that bad, right?”, questioned Ishmael.

“You’ll see” said Felipe ominously.


A few hours later:

“Ugh! I can’t feel my everything!”, moaned Rosa.

“I’m sore in places I didn’t even knew I had!”, I complained.

“Leo, when my legs stop hurting, I’m going to kill you”, growled Ishmael.

“Not before I do it first”, hissed Felipe.

“Come on guys, how was I supposed to know that they would of tried something as crazy as trap testers, besides… IS THERE EVEN SUCH THING AS A TRAP TESTING CUTIE MARK!?”, I tried to reason.

Meanwhile, Rainbow found our discovery of the danger of the three fillies hilarious and was clutching to her sides while on the ground along with Pinkie. Twilight on the the other hand was facehoofing.

“I tried to warn you Leo”, she said with a bit of disappointment.

“They’re just kids, what’s the worst they can do to us?”, mocked Felipe in a horrible impersonation of my voice.

“Shut up Felipe”

“There you guys are!”, exclaimed Scootaloo.

“We have another crusading idea, you guys want to join us again?”, asked Sweetie Belle.

“No!”, was the collective answer.

“Er… what we meant was that we’re going to be busy with some other stuff so maybe later alright?”, I kind of lied. ‘Please buy it, please buy it, please buy it!’

“Oh, okay. Ah’ guess we’ll need to change how we do the next crusade”, said Applebloom, “Ah’ guess I’ll see ya’ll later and I guess I’ll see Felipe in supper”, she then turned to her fellow crusaders, “C’mon crusaders! To the clubhouse!

“Bye everypony”, waved Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo as they followed Applebloom to where the clubhouse probably was.

As soon as they were out of sight my friends gave a collective sigh of relief when the trio went out of sight. I then slowly got up, wincing as sharp pains shot up my body. I then proceeded to help my friends up, with the help of Twilight, Rainbow and Pinkie.

“Ok, thanks for the lift”, thanked my friends to the girls, they then turned to me and punched me in either my arms or gut. Guess who hit my gut… (It was Felipe).

After trying to regain my breath, I got up with Twilight’s help, “Thanks Twi”

“No problem, although that was unnecessary”, she said while glaring at Felipe.

I put a hand on her shoulder while the other was still on my sore stomach to hopefully calm her, “It’s ok Twi, not much harm done anyway”, I then walked in front of my friends and turned to the girls, “Alright girls, we’re going to off and do some stuff, we’ll see ya later”, I then gave Twilight a hug.

“Ok, try to be back before dark Leo”, she said.

“No promises!”, I yelled as I ran into town with my friends right behind me.

As soon as I was certain that we were far enough I started to speak with my friends, “You guys ready to eat some meat?”

“What do you think is left?”, asked Rosa.

“Probably two rabbits that Felipe and Ishmael got last week, not sure, we’ll just find out what we have when we get the stuff from the library”

Within a couple of minutes we reached the library and found Spike reading a book.

“Sup’ Spike, how’s your day been?” asked Felipe to the young drake.

“Pretty calm today, not many ponies came today”, he replied.

“That’s cool I guess, although, it might been a bit boring don’cha think?”

At this Ishmael, Rosa and I went to the freezer in the basement and collected the stuff we needed. I then went to my room and grabbed the lighter fluid, which still had some liquid in it, and a lighter, which also still had liquid in it.

I was going to leave but I thought of the last time that I visited Canterlot and thought about what Celestia and Luna had said to us if we wanted to find the other artifacts, we should message her. I mean we already have one of them, but what if someone or something gets their… appendages on the other artifacts. So I wrote out a quick letter saying that we would like to look for the other artifacts.

Dear Celestia,

How’s everything been in Canterlot? It’s been great in Ponyville so far. Anyway, remember when you and Luna told us if we wanted to look for the other artifacts to send you a letter? Well this is the letter.

Your Friend,

Leonardo Anaya

After reading over the letter, I rolled it up and went downstairs where my friends were waiting for me.

“Dude, what’s taking you so long?”, asked Ishmael.

“Just writing out a letter for the princess”, I said while showing them the scroll, I then turned Spike, “Hey Spike, can you send this for the princess?”

“Sure Leo”, he then grabbed the letter and burned it. About a minute later the reply came back:

Dear Leonardo,

I’m glad to hear that you four would help my sister and I to find the missing artifacts. I will send a chariot to pick you four up tomorrow morning.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

I put the scroll on the table and turn to my friends, “Alright guys let’s go, cya Spike, I’ll be back later”

“Alright Leo. Bye guys”, he waved us goodbye as we left the library.


“So tell us, what was the letters about?”, asked Ishmael as he took a bite out of the rabbit leg he had.

I wiped the grease from my mouth and swallowed, “You guys remember the artifacts?”, they nodded, “Well, I told the princess that we would like to look for some of the others”

They just stopped eating and looked at me, “Without telling us?”, asked Rosa

“Well I thought maybe it would be fun, you know? Just the four of us looking for ancient missing artifacts. Of course we’ll come back to take a break after finding each one, so it’s not like we’re leaving Ponyville forever, only for a little while for some adventure”

“Well next time, tell us when you make a decision for us, or else I’m going to punch you in the nuts”, warned Felipe.

“Don’t worry, this was a one time thing, I’ll ask you guys before any other group decision”

“So when is Celestia, going to pick us up?”, asked Ishmael.

“The letter said tomorrow morning, so be ready a bit early”, I then looked at the makeshift- grill we have make with the campfire and a metal mesh grill and saw that there was still meat on it. I grabbed one and put it my plate, I then grabbed the other and raised it, “Who want’s more?”


Twilight Sparkle:

The moment that Leo, Felipe, Rosa and Ishmael were out of sight, I turned to ask to Rainbow and Pinkie on what to do now, but the question got caught in my throat when I saw Rainbow giving me a sly smile.

“So, when are you going to ask him out?”, she asked.

“Who are you talking about?”, I feigning ignorance, although I had a good idea on who she was talking about.

“She’s talking about Pheo!”, exclaimed Pinkie.

At the mention of the human made me blush a bit, “Well what if he doesn’t like me back?”, I asked worriedly.

“Oh of course he likes you!”, yelled Rainbow, she then crossed her hooves over her chest , “You know, for an egghead, you can be really dumb”

“But I wouldn’t know how to ask him out or what I should do!”, I then started to hyperventilate.

“Whoa Twilight! Calm down! How about we go check what Applejack’s doing?”, suggested Rainbow.

I started to calm down when she said that, “Yeah, that’s a good idea. Let’s see what Applejack’s doing”

I took a while to find the barn, but within half an hour we finally reached it, we luckily had two ponies with wings and one physics defying pony. It also took a while to find the farm pony, but we eventually found her heading into the barn.

“Hey AJ!”, shouted Rainbow.

The farmpony turned around and waved at us when she saw us, “Well howdy yall, what brings you girls by?”

“We were with Rosie and her friends, along with the crusaders”, answered Pinkie.

“Ya were with Felipe and Applebloom?”, questioned Applejack.

“Yeah, why? Do you need them?”, I asked.

“Yeah, ah was going to ask them if they could help me clean out the barn, do you know where they are?”

“Felipe went with Leo and their friends, and Applebloom is in the clubhouse”, replied Rainbow.

“Ah well, I guess I’ll go find Applebloom”, she then turned and started to trudge into the orchard.

“Hey Applejack, why don’t we help you?”, I offered.

“Will ya do that for me?”, we then nodded, “That’s mighty kind of y'all, come on”

We were already in the barn earlier so we knew that it was pretty messy, so when we entered the barn we immediately went to work cleaning it out. We finished cleaning it within ten minutes.

“Finally, it’s cleaned! I thought we would never finish cleaning this place!”, complained Rainbow.

“Aww, but it was a load of fun!”, reasoned Pinkie.

I turned to Applejack who was holding a black stick-like thing, “What do you have there Applejack?”

“Ah don’t even know what it is, ah know it ain't mine”, she then showed me the object in question and I gasped.

“That’s Leo’s rifle! He must of forgotten it here!”, I then levitated the weapon and inspected it.

“Well do you know where he is so we can return it?”, she asked.

I shook my head, “No, he just said that he was going to be with his friends, so I don’t know where he is”

“We can help you look for him”, offered Pinkie.

“Yeah, beside someone must of seen them, I mean they are the only human in Equis”, commented Rainbow.

“Well since y’all helped me, I guess I can help”, mussed Applejack.

“Ok then, spread out and meet back at the library in ten minutes”, I told them. We then spread out and began searching for the humans.

“Have you seen Leo?”

“No I haven’t seen him all day”

“Hiya! Have you seen Pheo or Rosie?”

“Sorry Pinkie, I haven’t”

“Hey Thunderlane! Have you seen Leo or Felipe?”

“No sorry Rainbow Dash”

“Excuse me, have ya seen Leo?”

“No I haven’t”


A couple minutes later:

“How can it be this hard to find one human!?”, I huffed in annoyance.

“I don’t know but this is fun! It’s like a game of hide-and-seek!”, giggled the ever bubbly Pinkie.

“I don’t know how nopony saw them”, wondered Rainbow.

“There sure were many rude ponies”, commented Applejack.

“Well hopefully Fluttershy has seen them”, I said hopefully.

As we walked the semi-wooded road leading, I started smelling something… off. At first it smelled of smoke, but as we trudged on it became more defined and disgusting. Soon after the smell of burning flesh became more apparent.

“Ack, Eww! What’s that smell?, gaged Rainbow.

“I don’t know but it seem to be coming from the woods”, I guessed, “And I intend to find out what it is”, I then wandered into the woods with my friends on my tail. The further in we traveled in the woods the stronger the smell became and soon it became unbearable. We were going to give up on the idea to find out what the smell was, until we reached a clearing with a campfire and four surprised human staring at us. But I wasn’t looking at the humans, I was looking at what was on the campfire.

Meat…

‘Why do they have meat!? And where did they get it!?! Ok calm down Twilight there must be a logical explanation to this’

While my inner struggle was happening, I faintly noticed that the area seemed to darken a bit and along with it came a foreboding feeling that I haven’t felt in years.

‘There is nothing to explain! It is obvious that they are bloodthirsty monsters that eat meat!’, softly whispered a voice that seem to send chills down my back.

‘Just because they eat meat doesn’t mean that they are monsters! Look at the Griffon Empire and Dragon Clans! Both are nations that have inhabitants that eat meat and they aren’t threats to us-’

‘But we don’t know what the humans are capable of!’. the voice seem to argue and at the same time my vision seem to get darker at its edges.

‘But-!’

‘They are a danger to you and everypony you care about! They! Are! Monsters!

And with those words the darkness along the edges of my vision seem to close in...


Leo:

This is bad.

Very, VERY bad.

But there was nothing I could do but watch in horror as the events unfolded.

Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow and Twilight, looked at the meat with disgust and confusion. Rainbow couldn’t apparently keep it in and threw up the contents of her stomach in a bush right next to her. One thing that I was afraid of too was to get shot because hovering in Twilight’s magical aura was my rifle.

‘Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! How did I get so careless as to forget my rifle!?’

When I focused my sights to Twilight, it seemed that she was having some conflict and then she closed her eye for a few seconds. When she opened I then saw as Twilight’s look of disgust shifted from the meat to me and she then threw the rifle at my feet. I’m actually lucky that the rifle had it’s safety on or else I would have a hole through my head with the way the barrel was pointing when it hit the ground.

“Don’t bother coming back, I don’t want a monster in my home”, snarled Twilight. I only noticed the disgusted Twilight, what I didn’t know was that inside, Twilight was hurt and heartbroken. She then galloped away.

“Ah’m sorry Felipe, but Ah’ suggest that you don’t come to the farm for a while , nothing personal but I don’t really know what to think of this right now”, explained Applejack before she galoped after Twilight.

Rainbow didn’t say anything she just flew away to who-knows-where.

Pinkie however ran to Rosa and held her tight, “I don’t care what you eat Rosie, because I know you or you guys would never hurt us”

“You’re not going to kick me out?”, quizzically asked Rosa.

“Of course not! You’re my bestest-best human friend!”, the pink pony then turned to me and Felipe, “I’ll try to convince Applejack and Twilight to give you two another chance and remind them that you won’t hurt us”

I slowly got up and hugged Pinkie, “Thank you Pinkie, you are a great friend”, I then pulled her in closer so I can whisper something in her ear, “I’m also guessing that there is another reason that you still let Rosa live with you”

“You’ll find out later”, she giggled.

“Alright, Rosa remember be ready early tomorrow”

“Ok Leo”, she then got up to leave with Pinkie until I remembered something, “Hey Pinkie! Can you tell Silver that Felipe and I won’t be at work for a while for something that the Princess wants us to do!?”

“Sure thing Pheo!”, she hollered back.

Soon it was just me, Felipe and Ishmael sitting around the campfire, none of us saying a word.

“Well I need to see if Fluttershy will still let me live with her, no doubt Twilight told the rest of the girls about this”, Ishmael then gestured at the now burnt piece of meat on the fire.

“You do what you need to man, we’ll be right here. And if she let’s you stay can you see if she’ll let us stay for the night?”

“Sure thing Leo, I’ll be right back”

Then there were two…

“Well… this is the worst day off ever”, commented Felipe.

“Shut up Felipe”

Author's Note:

Yo! New Chapter is finally out!

Now I THINK I know what you guys are thinking: What took so long!?

Well... Writer's Block, I got it right after I got out of school, and trust me I tried to get this chapter out earlier but you guys know that life just want to screw you over.

Now, If you guys have any suggestions for the story please tell me, I appreciate new ideas and they usually help me get inspiration.

That's all for now, see you guys next chapter!

EDIT 5/14/2016: Hey guys long time no see! Sorry for the delays in the next chapter, Life decided to rear its ugly head and proceeded to bash me through a wall of responsibilities.

ANYWAYS! Although the edits aren't that noticeable I managed to fix some typo, changed a bit of the story towards the end of the chapter and fix what bit of OOC i had.

As always if you find any typos or have any suggestions feel free to comment or PM me.

-TBMF