• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,643 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,643

Chapter 10: Uhh... Does Anyone Know How To Do This?

Chapter 10:

Uhh… Does Anyone Know How To Do This?

“Annnnddd… You’re free to go Mr. Anaya-Castro”

“Doc. I’ve told you, it’s just Leo”, I said with mild annoyance, although I know he’s just saying that just to annoy me.

“Alright Leo, just remember to do some exercises to regain the muscles on your leg and you’ll be back to your previous leg strength in no time”, added Dr. Stable.

“Alright Doc and thanks for helping me with this”, I said as I jumped off the table he had me on and shook my left leg, put on a sock and shoe and walked out of the room.

In case you didn’t know, today I’ve recovered from my shattered leg and officially am off the brace/boot. What surprised me was the amount of time it took to recover from the leg itself was about two months. Now I’m sure that recovering from a shattered leg bone would take at least six months to fully recover, but I’m going to blame it on that this is a magical land full of talking ponies and save myself a giant headache.

On an off note, Ishmael is recovering excellently after an accident with Fluttershy’s chickens about a week ago. He didn’t tell me or anyone except Fluttershy or the doc how he exactly got hurt but all I got out of him was, and I quote ‘chickens, just god-damn chickens’.

Anyway, after bidding the good doctor and the nurses farewell, I headed to the library for some lunch.

“Twilight, Spike! I’m back!”, I called out as I entered the home.

“Oh hey Leo! You came just in time for lunch!”, said Twilight from the doorway to the dining room.

“Cool, what’d Spike make?”

“Spaghetti and hayballs!”, she said with glee. I just sighed.

“Yo Spike! No hayballs for me!”, I called out to the kitchen as I walked into the dining room.

“Sure thing Leo!”, said Spike as he walked into the room with a serving tray balanced on one claw… or hand, whatever you want to call it. He scooped the hayballs out of my plate with a spoon and split it between himself and Twilight.

I sighed as I ate my food. ‘Man, I miss meat. I’m getting sick of this vegetarian diet. I NEED MEAT. And bacon, you always need bacon’

“Something wrong Leo?”, asked Twilight.

“What do you mean?”, I said with fake confusion. I still haven’t told them that my friends or I are omnivores in fear that they will run us out or hate us. I know it’s stupid and that they should know since they are our friends, but I’m not going to risk ruining this friendship or have Twilight hate me.

“You seemed kinda down, you’re normally full of energy. So tell us what’s wrong”

“I’m just feeling a bit homesick”, I half lied. I mean I did truly missed Milwaukee and my friends and family back home, but I know that chances of going back are slim to none so I’m going to need to move on sometime. “And missing my family, and kinda sad that they may never see me again”

I had my head down, starting to feel worse. Well the meat thing is not that depressing but the thought of never going back home, it’s just indescribable to say how it feels. Suddenly, I was interrupted by a warm body embracing me from my side. I turned to see Twilight hugging and nuzzling me, trying to comfort me. She then looked up and her muzzle was just inches away from me and she said, “Leo, I know you and your friends are hurt that you might not go back, but you still have us… and me”, she mumbled that last part so I wouldn’t hear her and I saw a blush grow on her face.

I then wrapped my arms around the alicorn and returned the hug making her blush a bit deeper, still going unnoticed by me, “Thanks Twi, you’re a great friend”, I then released her and went to my room after putting my plate in the sink feeling a bit better. A bit better, not completely, since I’m still a bit sad about not having meat.

As I laid in my bed, I noticed my rifle sticking a bit out from the closet. This suddenly sparked an idea within me as I then walked over to the closet and retrieved not just the rifle, but also a box of ammunition, armor, sword and knives. I then stripped to my underclothing and put on the armor. After the armor shrunk to fit me, I put my clothes back on and contemplated if I needed all the stuff I brought out. After a while, I placed my sword back in the closet, deciding that it will bring unwanted attention to myself. I then grabbed a forest camo light jacket that I asked Rarity to make for me, with a bit of difficulty since she said, and I quote ‘Why would you want such a horrendous jacket? I doesn’t go with anything! It’s just absolutely dreadful and a crime against fashion’.

Anyway, getting a bit lost in thought, I placed the box of ammo in one of the many pockets of my cargo pants and the knives in the pockets inside the jacket. Then I slung the rifle over one shoulder and walked out of my room.

“Hey Twi, I’m heading out, I might be out late so don’t wait for me to eat!”, I called out as I headed to the door.

“Ok! Try to be careful!”, she called back.

I then rushed into the basement, where I kept the cooler and took it with me without being detected by Twilight. Again, a bit of a risky move, but if everything is done correctly then I might need it. I then headed to Sugarcube Corner.

“Hey Pheo! What are you doing here?”, greeted the ever-bubbly Pinkie.

“Hey Pinks, is Rosa here?”

“Yep! She’s up in our room, you can head up if you want”

“Ok thanks Pinkie”, I then headed up the stairs and reached their bedroom. I knocked on the door before I did anything else.

“Who is it?”

“Rosa, it’s me!”

The door then unlocked and opened up. I then walked in and was greeted by Rosa.

“What are you doing here?”, she asked.

“I’m getting tired of this vegetarian diet, I need meat, and I’m pretty sure you and the others are feeling the same way”, her half-glazed eyes told me the answer as I was certain that she was daydreaming about meat.

“Rosa”, I snapped my finger in front of her face.

“Huh?”

“Grab your armor and pistol, we’re going hunting, but make sure you hid the armor under your clothes and meet me by the Everfree entrance”

“Ok, what about Ishmael and Felipe?”

“I’m going to head to Fluttershy’s and Applejack’s to tell them”

“Oh ok, I’ll meet you there”

“And don’t forget to bring a box of ammo for your gun, just in case”, I called back as I left the room and headed to Applejack’s after bidding the party pony farewell.


“You guys ready?”, I asked as I looked back at my friends who had their pistols holstered and armor underneath, as we were about to enter the Everfree.

“Dude, we’re getting meat, of course we’re ready!”, said Ishmael.

“Ok, here is what we’ll do, Rosa and Felipe will carry the cooler and Ishmael and I will lead”

“Why do we have to carry the cooler?” asked Felipe and Rosa simultaneously.

“Cause’ you two are the worst shots ever, and no those were lucky shots Rosa”, I said pointing to Rosa right before she said anything, “Anyway, we can’t afford to lose our prey, so Ishmael and I will be taking care of the hunting, you guys can help spot any prey”

After that they reluctantly agreed to their job and we headed into the forest.

After a few minutes we talked softly just in case if there were any animals that might be worth eating nearby.

“So Ishmael, how’s the injury?”

“Not too bad, at least it’s not that bad”, he said with annoyance.

“You never told us exactly how you got the injuries”, commented Felipe.

“And I’m going to keep it that way”, grumbled Ishmael.

“Come on Ishmael, how bad could it have been?”, said Rosa.

“I said that I’m going to keep it between myse-”

“Shhh! Get down”, I hissed.

“What’d you see?”, whispered Ishmael as he laid prone next to me.

I shouldered the rifle and parted the tall grass in front of us, “A lone deer”, I then pulled the grass apart farther to show him the deer.

“What do you think?”, I asked as I placed the rifle down and pulled back the bolt, loading a bullet and locking it in.

Ishmael took a few seconds examining our prey, “I’d say go for it”

I simply nodded and looked down the sight. I lined the sight to the back of it’s head and slowed down my breathing. I then started to slowly squeeze the trigger and right before I pulled the trigger completely, I whispered to myself, “Boom, Headshot”, and pulled the trigger back completely.

KA-CRACK!

The bullet went straight through it’s head and blew out the front bringing some brain matter with it. The deer then fell limp to the ground. I looked back at my friends with a grin, “Just bagged us our dinner for the next couple days”, they then returned the grin as we got up and walked over to our prize.

When I saw the deer, I didn’t really know what to do next. I looked over to my friends to see if they knew what to do.

“Uhh… Does anyone know what to do next?”

Ishmael rolled his eyes and asked for the knife. I gave him the bowie knife and he went over to the deer’s throat and slit it, causing blood to gush out.

“Hey help me hang it with those vines to drain most of the blood”, Ishmael told us.

“Uh… ok?”, I then went over to the vines and tied the deer’s legs and lifted it up with the help of Felipe. Let me tell you, that deer weighed at least a ton. After a few minutes the blood stopped gushing and then stopped altogether.

“Uh… It should of taken longer to drain the blood out”, he said confusedly.

“Dude, don’t question small things like that, just blame it on that we are in a magical world full of ponies”, I shrugged.

We then carried the deer away from the blood pool that it was hanging over and laid it down. Ishmael then cut the head off completely and then cut open it’s abdomen.

Let me tell you, the smell itself made me want to puke, but I held on to my lunch. Rosa on the other hand ran over to some bushes and threw up.

“Well then, *cough* should’ve expected that”, I said while keeping my lunch down as it tried to make a reappearance. Ishmael then shoved both hands, with one hand holding the knife, into the entrails and organs of the corpse.

“Hey can one of you dig a hole to put this stuff in?”, said Ishmael with a disgusted look on his face. I truly feel bad for him, he’s right in the pass out zone of the stench but he’s managing to fight it and gut the deer. By the time he’s finished, Felipe and I had a decent sized hole… Well as decent as digging with your hand it could get. We then buried the organs… all the organs except one.

“Uh Ishmael. Why do you still have the heart?”, asked Rosa as she walked back from emptying her stomach.

“It’s hunting tradition, that your first game kill you get to eat the heart, then you become a true hunter”, he told us, “Or something like that, it’s been a long time since I last went hunting with my other friends, but this is what they had me do for my first kill”, he then walked up to me and handed me the bloodied heart.

“Uhh… So… I just eat it raw? And all of it?”, my hand kind of twitched a bit for holding the warm heart.

“If you want, but it’s just a bite and that’s it”

“What do we do with the heart after?”

“We bury it, don’t think about it much man, just take a bite”

So I did, and immediately I wanted to spit out the raw meat. It was disgusting, with the copper and metallic taste of the blood and raw meat; Did I mention the raw meat? Trust me on this, NEVER eat raw meat, it’s not only unsanitary and will make you extremely sick cause, duh! it’s raw meat, but it doesn’t taste good.

With great effort I swallowed the chunk of the heart I bit and gasped and spit hoping to get the taste out of my mouth.

“So Ishmael how do you think we’re going to take this back?”, asked Rosa.

“We’re going to have to remove the meat now because we’re obviously not going to drag a deer carcase into Ponyville, so we need to cut it now”, he then walked over to me, “Dude it wasn’t that bad get over it, and do you have your other knives?”

“You’re lucky that I see you as my younger brother”, I said with annoyance as I gave him two of my throwing knives, which he gave one to both Felipe and Rosa and told them and me to start cutting certain parts of the deer.

Half and hour later we filled up the cooler with the meat and started to head out of the forest, leaving the almost skeleton of the deer behind.

“We’re going to need to place this stuff on ice when we get back”, informed Ishmael.

“And we’re going to need towels, especially you Ishmael, you’re practically covered in blood”, I said.

“I’ll get us some towels since I’m not as covered in blood as you guys and Sugarcube Corner is closer”, said Rosa. She then ran off without letting us decide.

“Soo… Where are we going to keep this cooler? It’s not exactly the most inconspicuous thing and someponies will get curious”, stated Felipe.

“I don’t know, I guess I can put it in Twilight’s walk-in freezer”

“Why does Twilight have a walk-in freezer?”, asked Ishmael.

“I really have no idea, but since the basement is basically her lab, I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say sciency/magic stuff”

“Sciency/magic stuff?”, asked Felipe with a raised brow.

“Well I don’t know, I mean this is a magical pony filled world”

“Hey… guys… here’s… some… towels”, gasped Rosa as she handed us some towels. We then proceeded to wipe the blood off, and it wasn’t easy, especially with Ishmael and I because we got some of it on our clothes.

After we cleaned ourselves and the cooler we don’t look like we went swimming in blood we headed into town.

“So when will we have our first BBQ?”, I asked.

“How’s this Saturday sound like?”, asked Rosa.

“Sure, but I still have no idea what day it is today”, I sighed in annoyance.

“Pinkie said today was Wednesday but didn’t say anything else”, said Rosa.

“Huh, so they at least have the same week system as we do back on Earth”, I half-mumbled.

“You guys know that we won’t be able to hide this for long”, whispered Felipe as we walked through the market.

“Yeah, but how will we tell our friends about the omnivore thing?”, I asked with a bit of worry.

“I think telling them will be sooner than we think, I think Fluttershy saw that I had canines but I’m not sure”, said Ishmael.

“Well when should we tell them?”, asked Rosa.

“We don’t”, I said.

“What?”, they said in union.

“We don’t tell them, I don’t want to ruin our friendships with the girls by showing them we eat meat”

“But if they’re our friends, they will accept us even if we eat meat”, said Rosa.

“I-I don’t really know what to do, but for now, this stays between us, and if they find out we’ll tell them”

“Well… Ok, I don’t like it one bit though”, said Ishmael.

“You don’t have to like it though, I don’t either but it’s the best for now”, I then looked at the setting sun, “Well I got to head back, or else Twilight will worry”

“Ok we’ll see you tomorrow then”, said Felipe as I fist-bumped him, then Rosa, then Ishmael.

“Bye”, I then walked to the library which didn’t take long, but it took enough time for the sun to completely set and the moon to rise.

Unlocking the door I walked in and saw no one in the library, so as quickly and quietly I headed down to the freezer and put the cooler in it but locking the cooler with it’s built-in combo lock. I then headed up the stairs and into the living room and saw Twilight on the couch reading a book.

“Hey Twi, I’m back”

“Who’s the-? Oh, hey Leo, how’s your day?”, she asked.

“Not bad, where’s Spike?”

“He’s making dinner, and should be done right about…”

“Hey Twi! Dinner’s ready!”

“… Now”, she said with a smile.

“Ok, what are you reading anyway?”, I said while tilting my head to get a better look at the title.

Twilight then hid the book behind her back, “N-nothing!”, she said with a blush.

“Meh, well, it’s your business and I’ll respect that, now let’s go eat, I’m hungry”

She giggled and said, “Ok then, let’s go”

When we sat down a glorious sight welcomed us at the dinner table. It was one of the foods fit for gods: Macaroni and fucking Cheese.

Author's Note:

New chapter!

If chapter 11 takes longer that expected to be uploaded refer to this blog right here

Anyways as always if you liked the story please give it a like and favorite. And if you want to see more stories like this give me a watch.

Peace!
-TBMF