• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,643 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,643

Prologue

Prologue

Do you like those moments when you’re in bed at four in the morning then your alarm wakes you up?

Well I don’t.

But that doesn’t stop me from setting my alarm at such a ridiculous time in the morning. But luckily today wasn’t a school day. So I got up to take a quick shower and get ready for the day. After getting changed into some hiking boots, cargo pants, a short-sleeve black shirt and a light blue sweater, I head downstairs and grab myself a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

As my mouth gets assaulted with the sweet cinnamon flavor, my dad comes downstairs.

“Buenos dias Leo”, he greets me groggily.

“Mornin’ Pa”

“So, today is your camping trip?”, he asks.

“Yep, already have my bag in the car, just gonna to wait an hour or two before heading out and pick up, Rosa, Ishmael and Felipe cuz I doubt they are up at this time”

My dad just chuckled at that and said, “Pues that is true, I’ll just join you instead of standing here watching you eat.”

He just walks into the kitchen and comes back with a bowl of cereal. I finished a couple minutes later, but I stay at the table having a bit of small talk with him. Lord knows that I rarely just sit and talk to him. Its my fault that I just stay in my room most of the time.

I go back up to my room and open up my laptop and click on Steam and just play some games. Doing that effectively killed an hour. After looking at my bedside alarm clock that read 06:45 A.M. I grabbed my phone and called Felipe and after about 4 rings he finally picks up his phone.

“What do you want?” he asks me groggily and half annoyed.

“Hey Felipe, you forgot already bro?” I joked.

“Huh? What day is it?”

“It’s Monday man, we going camping today remember?”

“Oh yea, so you coming to pick me up?”

“Yeah man, get yo shit ready. I’ll be there in about ten minutes.”

“Ok then. Bye.”

And with that the call ended and then I called Rosa and Ishmael with similar replies, but they actually remembered and Ishmael sounded more awake. Grabbing the laptop with the solar batteries I bought for it a couple months back, cell phone, Ipod, wallet, car keys, my crimson red Arizona baseball cap and my dog tags that read:

Leonardo

Anaya

Castro

“FACE THE DARKNESS,

EMBRACE INSANITY”

With that I headed downstairs and went to bid my dad farewell for my trip.

“Pa! Ya me voy!”

“Ok Leo. Remember be safe and take care, not just for your sake but, for your mom and little brother and sister.”

“I know Pa. Pues Bai!”

Shouldering my small backpack that I have for my laptop I walked out the door to the porch and opened another door to the world outside. Breathing in the cool spring air I placed the baseball cap backwards and closed the door behind me and walked to my car. Well it’s not really my car but I use it more than my parents do, so i go up to the white Pontiac Grand Prix and open the trunk where a black duffel bag lays with some stuff and put my backpack next to it and closed it and got in the driver seat. I turned on the radio and listened to my favorite station.

“Good Morning Milwaukee! This is KISSFM and it's 6:55 and 56 degrees and here is Katy Perry Dark Horse!”

By the time the song ended I had reached Felipe’s house and honked. Seconds later a hispanic teenager with dark brown skater-style hair, black Converse, glasses, skinny jeans, a dark blue shirt and red light sweat shirt with a blue duffel bag walks out and towards my car. He knocks on the window and points towards the trunk. I nod and push a button to open it. After hearing it close I see that the passenger side door opens and he jumps in.

“Sup Felipe.”

“Hey. Did we really have to go this early?” he asked while he buckled up.

“No but it’s a long trip and I want to set camp before the sun goes down”

“Well I’m going back to sleep here”

And with that he reclines the seat a bit and nods off. He always complains about waking up early. But hey, its not his fault that I wake up too damn early.

As I drove off I think back about ten years ago when I met him in first grade. Even though I don’t remember the conversation we had (I mean really who is going to remember the first conversation they had with their best friend ten years ago?) but I remember how it went. It’s like watching a fuzzy movie without the sound.

Anyway, I thought about this as I pulled up at Rosa’s house and repeated the process with honking. Then a short hispanic teen with long curly brown hair, glasses, black Nike, blue jeans, batman shirt and a leather and denim jacket and a yellow duffel bag walks to the trunk of the car and throws her bag in and opens the back driver-side door.

“Hey Leo, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, just picked up Felipe here”, I said pointing to the sleeping body.

“Hey, you know what would be funny?” she asked while repressing a laugh.

“Let me guess…”

“Permanent marker” we said in union.

“Na, wait till’ later, after I pick up Ishmael”, I said.

“Awwwww, ok then”

With that I made a U-turn and headed to the freeways to the north side of the city.

“So Leo, have you asked any girl out yet?”, Rosa asks me.

“No”, I sighed.

“Ha, you’re still the only one between the four of us that's single”, she snickered.

“Shut up Rosa”

“Well, it's true”

Luckily for me, Ishmael’s house wasn’t too far up north so I got there pretty quick. This time instead of me honking he was already waiting for us on his porch. Ishmael was a black teen with a short black afro, glasses (I mean seriously, I’m the only one between us that doesn’t need glasses), brown hiking boots, grey shirt, a grey light sweater, blue jeans and a camo duffel bag. When he finished loading up his stuff he jumped into the car.

“Sup’ Leo. Sup’ Rosa”

“Sup’, well let’s get this show on the road!”. I replied

Now comes the really long and boring five hour trip to a campsite that was on the other side of the state. Needless to say I was kinda irritated about an hour into the trip. I swear, I sometimes just invite things to piss me off.

“Are we there yet?”, Felipe asks who woken up by this time

“No”

“Are we there yet?”

“No”

“Are we there yet?”

“Look a Mc’Donalds!”, I said in relief.

When we walked in I told them to order what they want but not to over do it. When we got our meals we walked to a table and started eating.

“Leo you really need to get a girl, man” commented Rosa.

“Seriously can we stop talking about that, it’s bad enough you guys rub it in”

“She’s right man, you need to get laid.”, added Ishmael, “When we get back, we getting you a girl”

“Meh, I’ll just sit back and enjoy the fail”, Felipe said offhandedly.

“Fuck you man”, I shot back.

“Na man, I’m straight, so I'd rather not”

“UGH!”, I groaned in defeat.

“Ok, ok let’s stop messing with him, now did you guys bring anything good?”, asked Rosa

“A revolver, two pistols and a rifle”, answered Ishmael.

A little bit of soda went down the wrong tube when he said that. Seconds later Felipe and Rosa picked me off the floor and patted me on the back to help me clear my lungs of the drink.

“Your joking right”, I wheezed.

“Nope”

“What are they?”

“One Colt Python, two Colt 1911s and a 1911 Springfield”

“Holy shit dude, I call dibs on the Springfield”

He smiled at that, “Knew you’d like it”

“I’ll be more careful driving then, I don’t want to get arrested for having guns on us”

“Well let’s throw away this trash and head back out”, said Felipe.

“Already did, I’ll wait for you guys by the car”, replied Rosa.


*KRACK!*

“BOOYAH!”, I yelled as I hit the last bottle that was set up for me a couple meters away.

“Nice shot Leo, but not as good a me” replied Ishmael, then proceeded to shoot three bottles in without missing with the magnum.

“Shut up Ishmael, you own the guns”, replied Felipe who only manage to hit one bottle.

Rosa was standing behind us just laughing at Felipe’s expense.

“If you think you can do better then you try, Rosa!” Felipe sneered.

“Ok then I will”, she said with a smug grin on her face. She then pulled out the pistol Ishmael lent her and shot the other two bottles that Felipe didn’t hit. She then turned back around, clicking the pistol's safety on, with a shit-eating grin that made the trollface look sad.

“Fuck this shit!”, yelled Felipe, holstering the pistol and walked back to the campsite.

We arrived a couple hours ago to the state park and set camp by a small lake surrounded by woods. Right now it was about 5:30 P.M. and had plenty of time before sundown. Shouldering the rifle I walked up to Ishmael and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Thanks for bringing these things man, Lord knows we would've been bored”

“No, thank you for bringing us out here. I would of been more bored at home. Hell I would of been stuck doing chores most of spring break if you didn’t offer to take us camping”, he said, “How did you get our parents to agree to let us go camping anyways?”

“I have my ways”, I said with a smirk.

“He offered to work for them for the first month of summer break!”, yelled Felipe.

Ishmael and Rosa bursted out laughing. “Hey, its a good trade-off, one week of camping for a month of work”, I reasoned.

“Fuck Yeah! No work for a month or so!”, cheered Rosa.

“Just cuz’ I’m going to be working for your parents doesn’t mean I’m your slave”, I said, “And if you treat me like one, I’ll murder you in your sleep”

“Damn bro that is dark”, commented Ishmael.

“Eh, whatever”, shrugged Felipe, “Who’s hungry?” He pulled out a couple a sandwiches from a cooler.

“I am”, I replied.

“Sure man, throw one over here”, answered Ishmael.

“FOOD!”, moaned Rosa who lunged at the sandwich that was thrown at Ishmael and intercepted it.

Felipe and I rolled our eyes at Rosa’s shenanigans. Ishmael just sighed and walked up to the cooler and grabbed a sandwich. After throwing the wrappers in the cooler we sat around doing various things for half an hour until Felipe spoke up.

“Hey you guys want to start the campfire?”

“The firewood is already set up man, but here light it up”, said Ishmael who threw a lighter and lighter fluid at him. Felipe proceeded to drench the firewood in the liquid. He then has the brilliant idea to make a stream of the fluid and then light it.

“Hey who has bug spray?” I asked. Rosa then takes a bottle out of her bag and put some on herself then throws the bottle at me. “You’re using it wrong Rosa”, I then proceed by reliving the lighter from Felipe and then start using the spray flamethrower style at the ground where there was an anthill while laughing like a madman.

“Smokey the Bear must be very proud of you Leo”, commented Felipe, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

“You haven’t been forest-friendly by pretending you were pissing fire”, I countered.

“As much as I would love to watch the old married argue, I would rather break out the hot-dogs and marshmallows and stuff to roast”, quipped Rosa.

“Shut up Rosa”, I grumbled.

“Lets find some sticks to stab the dogs and stuff”, added Ishmael.

When Ishmael and Felipe left I walked over to my bag and pulled out my bowie knife and three throwing knives.

“You couldn’t leave those blade at home could you?” she deadpanned.

“Hey! At least I didn’t bring all my throwing knives!”, I argued, “Besides I have something to stab at you when you bother me while I’m sleeping”, I added with a dark smile.

“Come on! You know that was funny and besides you sleep all the time anyway at school”

“It will be funny when you get a new scar on you arm”

“You’re no fun”, she said while crossing her arms and faced away from me.

I rolled my eyes at her childish act and chuckled when she turned her head and blew a raspberry.


As we all sat around the campfire I was sharpening some of the sticks with my bowie, while Rosa, Ishmael and Felipe were roasting marshmallows. Personally I don’t like s’mores.

“You know this might seem stupid, but I’m still mad at you two for ditching that meeting on Valentine’s”, I said while pointing one of the sharpen sticks at Felipe and Rosa.

“Um… well… you know, I had something called, a… um date”, Felipe sarcastically remarked.

“Same here”, added Rosa.

“Well some bros you guys are. What happened to ‘Bros before Hoes’?”, I asked.

“Dude, it was bad timing, let it go”, commented Rosa.

“You better not start singing that song”, I warned.

“Fine, I wont”

“Well it’s getting late so we better go to sleep”, said Ishmael looking at the moon, which was full tonight.

“Damn, what time is it?”, I asked.

“Bout’ 9:30”, commented Felipe as he looked at his phone.

“Yep, we better go to sleep, need to wake up early to collect more firewood”, I said.

Minutes later, Felipe, Rosa and Ishmael were in the tent drifting off to sleep. looking over the campsite one last time to make sure we didn’t leave anything too important outside while we slept. After checking I drenched the fire in water then kicked some dirt on the smouldering remains, making everything fall into darkness. I stayed outside for a few minutes, looking up at the heavens. One thing I admired was the night sky, especially when I was miles away from the light pollution of the cities. I was looking up when I saw a shooting star. I knew it was a bit childish but, when I saw the falling star, I closed my eyes and said in a soft whisper to myself, “I wish there was more excitement in my life, instead of this boring life”

With that I crawled inside the tent and into my sleeping bag and drifted into the dreamscape.


In the morning I was rudely awoken by something, but disregarded it as my friends annoying me so I tried to ignore it. Whoever it was woke me up when they spoke in a feminine southern accent.

“What the hay are these things?!”

I shot awake and looked to the entrance and saw an orange pony with blond hair and a stetson hat. Although it wasn’t the strange colored pony that shocked me. It was the large saucer sized green eyes that was looking at me and my friends in the tent in shock.


Twilight:

“Spike! Spike!”, I yelled.

A couple seconds later a small purple and green baby dragon came running down the stairs. “Yes Twilight?”, he said.

“Can you find me the book called ‘Advance Enchanting Spells’?”, I asked.

“Sure thing Twilight”, he said and ran off to find the spell book.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

“Twilight! Twilight!”, said a small voice from the other side of the door with a very familiar accent.

When I opened the door there was a small yellow filly with with red mane and red bowtie in it. “Hello there Applebloom, what brings you by?”

“Applejack found somepony camping in the orchard!”, she exclaimed.

“That is not uncommon Applebloom”

“But Twilight, when she looked inside the tent to see who it was, she found four strange creatures sleeping in it!”

This caught my attention, “What kind of creatures?”, I asked.

“Ah’ don’t know Twilight and neither does Applejack, but one of them creatures woke up and then they all ran towards the Everfree Forest!”

“How did they look like?”, I asked frantically.

“Well…”, Applebloom started, “They were tall, had clothes on them, and they were furless with only some mane on their heads, and they also walked kinda funny”

“What do you mean by that Applebloom?”

“They walked on their hind legs”, she said matter-of-factly.

“This is strange” I contemplated, “Applebloom can you get the other girls and tell them to go to Sweet Apple Acres?”

“Sure Twilight!” and with that Applebloom ran off to the town.

“Spike!”, I called out.

“Yes Twilight?”, Spike’s voice called back as he ran towards me.

“Spike, take a letter to Princess Celestia, we have a problem”

Author's Note:

Hey guys, well this is the start of this new story. If you find anything wrong, grammar and spelling-wise please PM me the line and error. And as always please leave a comment, like and Favorite. Peace!

-TBMF