• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,638 Views, 57 Comments

Lost with Friends: A New World - TheBronyMatrixFilms



After a camping trip gone wrong, four friends find themselves in a strange colorful world full of... ponies?

  • ...
6
 57
 1,638

Chapter 14: Mission Impossible

Chapter 14:

Mission Impossible

The moon slowly moved across the night sky like ship on the sea. Although it was a beautiful sight, it did nothing to raise my spirits.

Just a few hours ago, I was kicked out, but I wasn’t alone in this. Felipe was in a similar situation. Granted, I was a bit in fault for being careless but Felipe wouldn’t blame me… much.

Anyways, we both just sat in silence as we had for the past couple of hours since Ishmael told us that Fluttershy didn’t have anymore rooms for us. It’s just… Kind of hard to believe what just happened, but at the same time I know it really did happen.

“So… What now?”, asked Felipe with a slight hollowness to his voice.

“I don’t really know man. I… guess just wait for morning and hopefully the princesses would help us”, I sighed.

“You mean like how like ‘Princess Twilight’ helped us?”, he practically spat out, making me flinch back.

“Well who else are we going to go to?”, I stood up and walked over to where he is, “Huh?! Do you think that I haven’t thought about that the other princesses might react the same way Twi did?! You think I don’t know that?! I’m just grasping at straws here! Hell! The only logical way to solve this problem as far as I can see, is to get back to Earth!! And you know as well as I know, that it will be a cold day in hell before we are able to get back!”, at this point I was practically in his face screaming at him.

This seemed to piss him off, as he shoved me away from him, causing me to stumble a bit before regaining my footing. He then stood up and stomped over to me until we were face-to-face with me having to tilt my head back to look at his face with him being a good four or five inches taller than me. “Well it was your stupid plan that got us in this mess! ‘Let’s not tell them we eat meat, it’s a better option than to tell them that we eat it’!”, he mocked me while throwing his arms up to give more emphasis, “Well look where that got us now! If the princesses pull a Twilight, we’re FUCKED! And in case you haven’t noticed we’re only four humans; FOUR TEENAGE HUMANS IN A WORLD OF PONIES!!! I’ll repeat myself again, in case you didn’t listen: We. Are. Fucked!”, he said while jabbing my chest with his finger with each word.

I don’t know what came over me, but I just felt the anger inside boil over, “If you think it’s so easy to make decisions like this, then why don’t YOU try it!?”, I said while I shoved him away from me.

You know…

That wasn’t my brightest moment, because the next thing I know, he charged at me and tackled me down, barely missing the campfire but close enough to throw up some of the smouldering sparks.

On instinct upon feeling the heavy body on top of mine, I pushed him off of me. If we were back on Earth this would've been a problem to me as I wasn’t weak but I wasn’t strong either. But now, all those morning workouts paid off as I didn’t struggle as much to push him off. I shakily got on my feet with Felipe doing the same and we both rushed each other. We both were at a stalemate for a good minute as we tried to knock each other down as we traded blow for blow until I made a grab for him. I then put him in a headlock and using my body weight, I tried to bring him down but he broke out of the head lock and headbutted me.

I fell to the ground in a daze when I saw three Felipe’s come towards me and grab me and throw me like a ragdoll a couple feet away. While I lied there on the ground, I felt a dull pain on my face where I was headbutted, but couldn’t pinpoint where it was. I groaned in pain as I tried to get up until I felt something stop me.

I looked to my side to see…

Fluttershy?

Or at least I think it is Fluttershy. It’s kind of hard to tell with my vision going in and out of focus.

Anyway, who I assumed was Fluttershy is holding a hoof on my chest and giving me a worried look. Now I could of just stood and ignored her but, I felt that the pain on my face was a bit more pronounced and lifted my hand up to my face and felt something wet on my upper lip. When I pulled my hand back I saw that there was some blood on my hand. I fumbled a but as I tried to pulled out my Ipod and used the inner camera to get a better look at the damage.

It wasn’t too bad, or at least I think it wasn’t. From what I could tell I had a pretty nasty bruise on my forehead and my nose was bleeding.

While I was examining my face, Fluttershy pulled out a cloth and gave it to me to clean the blood. As I sat there I could hear the sound of Felipe arguing with someone else.

I looked to where he is, to see him arguing with Rainbow Dash while Ishmael stood between him and me.

“-is so important that you have to fight about it?!”, yelled Rainbow Dash.

“You want the reason? This is the reason; because of him being paranoid is one of the main reasons we are in this mess!”, he yelled while jabbing a finger in my direction making Ishmael tense up a bit.

“I don’t see you handling this any better”, I groaned as I forced myself up despite Fluttershy’s and my body’s protests. I shakily stood while the feeling of vertigo hit me, forcing me to hold down what I had eaten earlier.

“But I’m not the one who got us in this mess!”, he exclaimed.

“But you didn’t disagree with it either!”, I pointed out, raising my voice a bit.

“Uhh… Boys?”

“So what?! You didn’t like you own idea to start with!”

“I knew what was one of outcomes of hiding this! Besides you didn’t have to follow what I suggested!”

“Boys?”

“Then tell me why you suggested it, tell me why you accepted the risks!”

“BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID!”, I shouted but then realized what I’ve just said and covered my mouth as if it would stop the words from being spread.

“Afraid of what? If you don’t want to tell us then that’s fine too”, asked Fluttershy in her own unique way.

I dropped my hand, and sighed, “Afraid of messing up,”, I began to explain, “I mean, the two options available that I saw was either telling you girls that we ate meat and most likely having our friendships ruined or just staying quiet about it and hopefully keep it secret, but I guess I chose wrong”

“Yeah, you kind of did”, Rainbow offhandedly commented but was then slapped behind her head by Ishmael, “Ow!~ Ok! Ok! I’m sorry!”

“Well she is right, I really did mess up and consequences won’t be small either, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there”, I mused, “And by the way why did you come back? I mean doesn’t make you want look at us and think we are monsters for eating meat? I kind of get why Pinkie and Fluttershy wouldn’t think that; Fluttershy is very kind and takes care of lots of animals including some carnivorous and omnivorous ones and Pinkie is just being Pinkie”, I asked and explained my confusion while the shy pegasus next to me squeaked and blushed at my statement of her, “Why did you come back Rainbow?”

“Well, although I think it’s pretty gross eating meat but I’m kind of used to it… well not really, but I knew a griffin that used to be my best friend, and griffins eat meat”, Rainbow explained.

“A griffin? At least we aren’t the only species on this planet that also eats meat”, I mused, until I realized what she said about the griffin, “Wait, you said ‘that used to be my best friend’, what happened?”, I asked.

At that she looked away, “I don’t want to talk about it, besides it doesn’t really matter at the moment”

“Oh, yeah, you’re right”, I said.

“So… What now?”, asked Ishmael.

“We do what we were going to do before this fuck up: go the princess and see where we go from there”, I stood up and wiped my nose to see that it has stopped bleeding.

“Why are you guys going to Princess Celestia for?”, Rainbow asked.

“Not for us to tell, but lets just say its for something important and leave it at that”, I said flatly.

“Ok but did she tell you where and at what time she was going to pick us up?”, Ishmael asked.

I opened my mouth to give him the place and time but realized that she didn’t say in the letter, “No she didn’t”

“Why didn’t you ask her?!”, he asked.

“Hunger?”

Most of the company present almost simultaneously facepalmed/hoofed, “Leo, you are an idiot sometimes”, muttered Ishmael.


15 minutes later:

“Do you understand what the plan is now?”, I asked Rainbow.

“Yeah, yeah don’t sweat it”, she said while waving a hoof at me dismissively.

“Ok then what did I just tell you?”

“Distract Twilight while you, Felipe and Ishmael go in and find Spike and grab your things”

“Ok and you Fluttershy,”, I said while turning to the pegasus, “Can you please look out for when we come out and get Rainbow out?”

“Ummm… I guess”, she replied.

“Alright”, I said while looking at the tree in question from behind a bush, “Let’s do this”

With that we ran, excluding Fluttershy, across the street towards it and before we reached it Rainbow headed for the door while Felipe, Ishmael and I ran to the balcony and waited.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Hey Twilight! Open up!”, yelled Rainbow.

I hear somepony, who could've been the the pony in question move to the door.

“Rainbow what are you doing here at this hour?”, asked Twilight.

“Alright Ishmael, get over here, we’ll give you a boost up”, I said while both Felipe and I cupped our hands into footholds. Ishmael took this as a sign to start climbing on us.

“Ow! Dude that was my face!”, whispered Felipe.

“Can you reach it?”, I grunted.

“Almost! Can you lift me up a bit more?”

I looked at Felipe as we nodded and lifted him a bit higher, but with great strain to my arms as they are not used to lifting up this much weight.

I thought that an eternity passed until I felt the weight lift off my arms. I looked up to see Ishmael climbing over the railing and throw the rope we borrowed from Fluttershy’s cottage. I quickly gave the rope a firm tug and felt it go taut. After being satisfied that the rope was secure to some degree I began to climb with Felipe no too far behind me. As I climbed over the railing I made sure that I absolutely made no noise as I moved about the balcony.

A rather easy trick I picked up a while back and taught to both Ishmael and Felipe before we came over here. The key was to keep you body leveled, spread out your weight, walk toe to heel and breath through your nose. Hopefully this will work.

Once we we’re all on the balcony I silently gestured to the door and tip-toed towards it and checked if it was locked. And to our luck it wasn’t, although I kind of expected it. Turns out that since there is an extremely low crime in Ponyville, hardly anyone keeps their doors locked. As I opened the door, it made a long creaking noise.

CrrreeeeaaaaacccKKKK!

We all froze for a moment and silently listened to see if anyone was coming.

After about a minute or so we gave a quiet sigh of relief,

“Ok, mini heart-attack out of the way, while Felipe and I gather the stuff we need, you go look for Spike and give him this”, I said to Ishmael while handing him a rolled up scroll explaining some details to Celestia.

“How do I convince him to sent it for us? Most likely he’ll tell Twilight rather than send it”, Ishmael asked with a mixture of skepticism and worry.

“Use this to “encourage” him to send it and say that I’ll repay the favor later”, I said while handing Ishmael a blue diamond that I found on the ground in one of my many morning jogs.

“Alright then, what should we do if Twilight hears us?”, he asked.

“Run like the devil is chasing you and head towards Sweet Apple Acres, we’ll meet up at the Crusader’s clubhouse”, I informed him, “Let’s hurry and grab what we can get, I’m not sure how long can Rainbow stall for us”

With that we spread out to do what was planned, hopefully Ishmael can finish his task first so we don’t have to worry much about him getting caught by Twilight. After about 5 seconds we reached the door to my, er… now ex-room. The moment we walked in we went to work by grabbing what we needed. I looked in the closet and found that my armor was still there.

Although I didn’t have time to put in under my clothes I decided that it will be easier to have it on instead of carrying it around. Few minutes later, I was fully decked out in my onyx colored armor with my sword strapped to my side and a duffle bag full of extra clothing, bowie knife, throwing knives, two boxes of ammo for the rifle and canteen. Felipe gathered what little that he could that included a bag of bits, a compass, a star chart, some pieces of parchment and pencil.

“Ok, you got everything?”, I asked Felipe.

“Yeah, now let’s hurry before Twilight catches us!”, he urged.

We quietly made it back to Twilight’s room but right before we reached the balcony, I somehow tripped and fell. Now if we were outside, this wouldn’t be much of a problem, but me decked out in my armor falling onto a wooden floor, that is guaranteed to make some noise.

The moment I heard the crash of metal against wood, I felt my stomach drop.

Now how does one fall and trip? I quickly glanced behind me and see Spike rub his head.

And as if it couldn’t get any worse life decided to screw me over… Again.

“WHAT WAS THAT?”, who I assumed was Twilight screaming downstairs.

“Mierda”, I silently cursed to myself.

Author's Note:

Hehe... hey guys:twilightsheepish:
Sorry for the late chapter. Before anyone you ask, I will be honest, I just got lazy, plain and simple. I did hit a writer's block but it doesn't really excuse that I got lazy.

Anyways, I hope that this offering, er I mean chapter will be a good enough peace offering!

This chapter couldn't go through my editor because... Well let's just say that she's an idiot sometimes and leave it at that :facehoof:
So you guys/girls see any grammar/spelling errors please tell me and I will fix them right away!

Alright! See you guys next chapter!