• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 354 Views, 2 Comments

A Trick in the Shadows - Soad24k



Trixie get her hooves on a very very dark source of power

  • ...
 2
 354

The Dark Origin

In the dead of night in a low humming could hear with an earshot away. A black dot formed in the dark and expanded. Soon Darkrai, Zoroark and a darkened Trixie stepped out the portal and into a graveyard. Trixie gasped as she quickly noticed where they were, it was very same graveyard she dreamt about. The ground and the air felt the same as if she’s was projected into her own mind just like what Luna did. Seeing all the exact same gravestones in their exact same position dilated her eyes some.

“This…this can’t be.” Trixie said a bit astounded at the scenery before her. “This can’t be the same graveyard Trixie has been seeing in her dreams.”

“Oh it is.” Darkrai answered. “Surprisingly, this graveyard is in your world, but outside from where you are living in.”

“So, this is outside of Equestria?” Trixie asked as she walked about.

“Yes, this is where our master decided his resting place.” He and Zoroark stood near a tall gravestone that looked odd from all the others. It’s as if it was made by someone else. “This is his grave.”

Trixie soon joined them and looked at the small stone pillar. “So, this was your old master huh?”

“Yup, he was a pretty good guy.” Zoroark said, sounding almost heartfelt.

“His name was Sir Laos Scarlot, he was a captain of an elite guard of the kingdom of Zane,” Darkrai began. ”He was the top ranked officer in the kingdom, until a spy infiltrated the kingdom. It was from a rival kingdom, the Regiga kingdom. The spy made Laos look like a fool in front of royals. He couldn’t bare the fact a spy was able to sneak inside and found about Zane’s inner secrets. Laos then set out on a journey, a quest to seek power. He had read and heard tales about a legendary blade, a blade that can bring an entire kingdom to its knees. It was called Darkest Edge and it took him days, weeks and even months to seek the blade. Once he finally did, it came at a price. He was consumed by darkness, letting it fill his entire being. His soul turned black and cold, but he was had a strong spirit which he was able to control the dark energy. Once he full gain control, he used his newfound power to single handedly take down the rival kingdom and those that were allies. He was feared by all, even by his own kingdom. So, he embarked on taking anything that would seem to be a challenge to him. With ever vicious victory, he discovered new ways of winning. That’s when Zoroark and I met him. He wanted us to seek out any willing opponent and weaken them so that his wins will be all the more pleasing. Soon he grew tired of his world and decide to test a new skill, a dimensional jump. As he was focusing, someone got through his defenses and attacked from behind. He just finished building energy for the jump and successfully performed it, but was too weak afterwards. So, he ordered us to bury his body in the nearest graveyard, lucky the jump landed us here. So, we did what he asked, but just as we were about to cover him up, the dark energy disbursed from his body and scattered all around this world. Now you know the tale on how we got here and about our last master.”

“Hmm, a very unique tale,” Trixie said putting a hoof on her chin. “So, what will happen if Trixie touch the handle of this thing?”

“Basically, you’ll have all the powers he owned.” Zoroark explained.

Trixie looked hesitated at first, but will her new power and attitude she felt confident. She reached a hoof out and touched the handle. The bell tower in the background started going off as the sword begins to pull itself out of the ground. The winds soon picked up and whirled around her as a dark glow emitted from her body. Once the sword was fully out, Trixie took it in her magic and grinned devilishly.

“Lulamoon, how do you feel?” Zoroark asked.

Trixie turned about and eyed them both. “The one name Lulamoon is no more, from this day forward I am now Trixie Nytmoon.”

Comments ( 1 )

Keep going with this story, you've got a great premise.
Oh could you explain what trixie looks like now.

Login or register to comment