• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 4,636 Views, 657 Comments

The Sunshine Chronicles - TwilightUCrazy



Applejack has always wanted a family of her own, but she had thought it out of reach... until now.

  • ...
22
 657
 4,636

Wish

Rainbow stood at one edge of the bed, smoothing out the blankets into the immaculate fashion her Wonderbolt training had instilled in her. Applejack trotted quietly into the room behind her and draped herself over her back.

The pegasus looked over her withers and away. "So... pretty good birthday, huh?"

"Eeyup," answered the farmpony simply. She waited patiently for Rainbow to finish her military-style bed-making.

A pause materialized between them. Then...

"Applejack?" Rainbow asked softly as she ran her hooves over the sheets one last time.

Her mate looked up with those emerald eyes of hers. They still shone distantly, like the skies of another world.

"Look, I know something's still bugging you, but–"

"'Buggin' me?'" she echoed. Her ears wilted a bit and a smile crossed her lips. "I don't reckon I know what ya mean, sugarcube."

"Oh, come on, AJ. You wanted to know since you figured it out at your party. You looked like you were all freaked out that I thought you'd cheated or something," she said, rolling her eyes. "I know you don't like not knowing how–"

"Can we..." Applejack interrupted. She averted her eyes, examining the floorboards, the setting sun out the window, and anything but Rainbow's face. "Can we just not talk about it right now?" The floorboards groaned as she pulled herself onto the bed.

Rainbow's ears wilted like a dying flower.

"Are you serious?" she asked, draping a hoof over the pillow on her side. "It's gotta be killing you. It'd be killing me."

"Rainbow?" her wife asked, looking up with those same eyes that could shame the deepest oceans, and made her roil with the same uncertainty as before. "Would you just hold me for now? Please?" Her smile was solemn and genuine, loving, but pleading. "I don't really wanna think about how or why right now..."

When Applejack asked for something in such a manner, Rainbow found it quite impossible to say no. She crawled up onto the bed next to her lover and snuggled in close. In spite of the heat beneath the covers, they still found comfort wrapped in their mate's hooves.

Rainbow let out a breath. "You know, sometimes I think I get you totally. Then I'm glad I don't. 'Cause then it'd get boring too fast," she chuckled.

The farmpony chuckled and reached up, booping the pegasus on the nose.

"I'd just as soon chalk it up to you wishin' on a star and leave it at that fer now." She blinked and paused, turning over on her side with a suspicious stare. "I sure don't wanna ruin this moment by bein' mad at ya for you doin' somethin' stupid and dangerous."

The atmospheric temperature dropped a degree or two. "Eheheh," Rainbow chuckled, scratching her mane. "Yeah... that'd kind of be a buzzkill wouldn't it?"

Applejack stared up into her eyes and nodded. "Mm-hm," she mm-hm'd and tucked her head up underneath the pegasus's jawline. Her mane still smelled faintly of cinnamon.

An uncomfortable groan escaped her, and Rainbow pulled back.

"Everything okay?"

The farmpony clutched her stomach uncomfortably and offered a pained smile. "Just belly pain... it'll go away."

"Want some water or something?"

"No..." her mate replied, shaking her blonde head. She rolled onto her back and breathed in deeply. "Just holdin's fine, for now."

Rainbow adjusted herself and lay over the top of Applejack. A quick flick of her hoof to the nightstand and she dimmed the lantern to where the flame gently danced across the walls. The light flirted with the shadows in an erotic dance and played across her mate's oceanic eyes, speckling them with candlelight and dusting her golden mane with stars.

"I guess you're not far off."

The farmpony blinked and tilted her head curiously.

"About me making a wish, I mean," she grinned, softly brushing her hoof over the other mare's stomach and earning her an appreciative hum. "You're kinda not-wrong."

Applejack smiled.

"I mean, I know two weeks is an awful long time just to make a wish, but..." she admitted, averting her eyes.

"Yeah." An orange hoof brushed through her multihued mane and provoked a smile. "But yer home now... and that's all that matters to me right this second..."

Rainbow felt at war with herself. On one hoof, she had wanted to tell somepony of the journey she'd made, the countless miles she'd covered. It'd been too awesome a quest for her not to want brag about it. It was an accomplishment by any definition of the word.

Thoughts still lingered, however, on how angry Applejack would have been for her to put herself in such peril for only her sake. She wasn't the kind to worry over her safety, for she knew that she was capable of handling most anything thrown her way. It was the fact that she would have put her life in peril for the farmpony's sake that she'd be upset over, and she couldn't see that changing. Applejack had always been so used to being reliant on herself. If she wanted something, she would get it; and if she couldn't, she would live without it.

And then, there were the thoughts of the even-more-drastic consequences of honesty that made her shiver inwardly.

"Yeah..." she smiled. She stroked a hoof along that beautiful mane so soft and inviting, like the beds of straw in the barn on those hot summer nights all those years ago... "Yeah, that's all that matters."

The kiss was as warm and welcoming and spirited as the night she came home. It was as familiar as fillyhood crushes, and as comforting as the wind beneath her wings. It was Eternity condensed into a few moments.

It was home.

They separated, and Applejack looked up at her, resting both front hooves against her chest. "You... promise everything is okay?" she asked. "Ya didn't go 'n sell yer soul fer some zebra-magic voodoo-macallit, didja?"

Rainbow covered her mouth and suppressed her raucous laughter.

"Nothing like that. I promise, everything's okay."

A pause separated them from a second kiss.

As their lips parted once again, a smirk blossomed on Rainbow's lips.

"Heck of a birthday present though, huh?" she asked with a grin.

Smiling, her mate half-lidded her eyes alluringly. "Best ever, darlin'."

"But if you want to put it all out of your mind, I'd be more than happy to think up a nice distraction for us," she said with a wink. "Then we can just spend all night telling each other how awesome our kid's gonna be."

Applejack snorted loudly and bit her lip with a wink. "You really don't think about much else in bed, do ya?"

Rainbow grinned and climbed atop her mate, burying her back deeper into the comforters.

"That's never bothered you before!" She paused. "Besides, you do make it kind of easy," she said in a husky tone, and continued her lust-fueled assault.

And somewhere up the hall, Big Mac, with book in-hoof, looked up from his reading and blinked at the sudden delighted squeal that came from a few doors down.

He sighed in exasperation, and reached over to his nightstand for a pair of cotton balls.

"Eenope," he grunted. He stuffed the cotton into his ears, and went back to his book.

Author's Note:

Edited