• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,672 Views, 216 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: Just Another Wild West Story - TigerSwirl448



An Apple Scratch Sisters side-story. Melody Liker (Vinyl's ancestor) and her sister Annabelle "Annie" Apple (AJ's ancestor) left their home of Manehattan to live their dreams in the boom town of Frontier City.

  • ...
10
 216
 1,672

Ch. 17: The Bad

Chapter 17
The Bad

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>


After the Summer Sun Celebration, the people in town seemed to have changed. I don't know what it was but ever since Melody and I came here to Frontier City we had changed the town. And I think it was for the better.

Summer went through pretty fast after the Celebration. Well maybe it went fast because of the work I had done for Diamond. Now that I can't work for Skytalon anymore or search for gold, I started working for the town as a builder. I help fix things and help out with the townsfolk. That gave me some pay, but not much considering where we are.

I did a lot of work on the Sweetie Belle, fixing the leaking roof, painting the whole building with a fresh new coat of paint, and I even did work as a bartender for a time. I'll admit I wasn't as great as Berry in making these strange concoctions. From tobacco in a glass to putting in turpentine into alcohol. That wasn't my favorite.

I also helped out Velvet when I could, she started a delivery business. She takes special orders and I would deliver them if she was unable. Velvet paid me a bit more than others which I thanked her but I try and sneak a couple of coins back to her counter. I felt better after doing that.

During this time however, I noticed Melody was often times missing. I would sometimes hear her at dawn getting dressed then leave the basement rooms. Then she wouldn't be back until very late at night. I hardly ever saw her and when I do, she was either asleep or eating then off she went. When I was able to talk to her she said she was real busy and couldn't talk to me. It was odd.

During my free time I joined up with Dash and we would walk around the fields with Butterfly. She was sure growing up. And during one of our walks I gasped pointing at her. Dash looked over and smiled seeing the Butterfly was trying to conjure wings! Of course it was obvious but I had forgotten that Butterfly's parents were Jupitarians. Dash took that as his cue and went to help Butterfly and teach her first lessons in flight.

Sometimes during her Equestrian letter and word lessons with me, Dash would take her next and teach her about flight and Jupitarian magic with the weather. I was surprised to see Dash actually doing weather magic and he seemed to be very skilled in it. It was fascinating watching Dash and I could tell he had certainly matured since I first met him. I guess sit was after he took care of Butterfly for a long while it matured him up some.

After such times like these, I would return back home and be greeted by Diamond. sometimes she would grab my shirt collar and drag me away somewhere and well ... we would have some time together and since my shoulder had healed quite a bit it has been getting more... heated I guess I should say.

But all too soon the green leaves began to change color rapidly to the beautiful oranges, reds, and yellows of autumn. I loved this time of year. But here in the frontier autumn can change quickly. As I was busy getting supplies for the upcoming winter, I would hear elders with sore knees talk about how achy they have been lately.

By the end of October however, the winter blast came and came strong. So strong in fact that we had a blizzard. A lot of us were cooped inside. Diamond even allowed the tavern to be a safe haven for the prospectors that lost their tents to the storm. Not many came though, some said that most of them went to the church for refuge. That was a blessing for me to hear. I thought most of the prospectors were dead.

It was a hard two weeks until finally the on and off snowing ended and everyone can see the bright blue skies. It was clear for everyone to go about their businesses. I even helped out in trying to clear the roads and make a path to Tinker's barn where the horses stayed. Boy was Twilight happy to see me.

Winter was here early and Ace warned me that winter can be unpredictable living under the shadow of the mountains. But as soon as the area was clear enough Melody disappeared again. Where? I never knew... not until later.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody and Tinker were riding in a wagon during a chilly afternoon. Melody looked around the empty expanse of the fields watching the tall grass move like water with the wind. Melody sighed turned to see Tinker beside her, holding her reins as Remington was pulling their cart along.

Melody looked behind her to see the gray clouds covering the sky. She sighed seeing the big puff of white vapor come out of her mouth. She turned back to Tinker to see her dressed like her, heavy cotton shirt and jacket with thick trousers and boots.

After a long moment of just staring at Tinker's boots, Melody finally opened her mouth to speak. "You’ve been very quiet since last night." Melody said turning behind her to see Fair Breeze tethered to the cart walking behind them.

Tinker hummed then shrugged scratching her cheek. Melody looked to her watching her. Since they started their journey two days ago, after the snow storm, Tinker would talk a lot about their trip but since this morning she was silent.

Melody looked behind her again to see the covered merchandise in the bed of the cart. The bed is filled with barrels of gunpowder, large crates of rifles and revolvers, and new bullet cartridges that Tinker recently made in large supply. Their destination is Fort Vanhoover, a large fort sitting on the border between Equestria and Griffin Kingdoms. During the spring Equestrian forces and Griffin soldiers have been butting heads and griffins fear for a war, especially since Equestrians are traveling to the frontier to the old ancient city locations of old Equestrian towns.

Melody membered hearing such stories while she was in school, about the Dracan War and the outcome of it. Melody smirked and started chuckling.

"What?" Tinker asked interested, something different than her brooding thoughts. Melody shook ere head.

"I was remembering the old stories I was taught when I was in school. Have you heard of the Dracan war?" Melody asked. Tinker shook her head. "It was one of the largest wars against the dragons. A very big war. The Council of Harmony at the time were fighters, powerful fighters." Melody said smiling a touch. "Sadly not much is remembered of the Council of Harmony except for the great Sombra, the evil king of the Crystal Empire."

"I think I've heard of him." Tinker said before shuddering. "I heard he created dark magic."

"Those are the stories." Melody said nodding. "Scary stories too. Like tales of him experimenting on stuff or something to make his magic stronger. It's just a bunch of street vendor stories to scare people from using dark magic or making them think dark magic is the way." Melody said shaking her head.

Tinker nodded thinking as Melody shrugged. "It was my favorite story though." Melody said smiling. "Makes me wonder how the Princesses and the Council of Harmony defeated those giant beasts." Melody said looking up at the sky. "I wonder how old the princesses were. Were they stronger then than they were now? What about the Council of Harmony, how did they face their enemies with little to no fear? I doubt the Council of Harmony today is just as strong as they once were in the past."

Tinker shrugged. "I don’t know. I don't know anything about the Council of Harmony. I only heard of them ... what are they?"

Melody shrugged. "It changes so many times I don’t know any more." Melody said chuckling. "I think one is for Magic definitely and another for maybe music or something like that. But the others, I have no idea. Maybe one for military since Equestria is probably doing something since the Griffins wanted your wares." Melody said with a laugh. She frowned noticing Tinker bowing her head as if in shame.

"Tink?" She asked patting her on the back. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No,” Tinker said shaking her head. "No, you didn't say anything wrong." She said smiling a touch before frowning again. Melody withered her for a bit then looked around feeling the wind shift. The wind was cold and bit into her face. Snow must be coming soon.

"How much longer 'til we reach the fort?"

"Maybe by night fall, "Tinker said clicking her tongue to get Remington to go faster feeling the chill bite on her face and knuckles.

Sadly though the snow came sooner than they thought. At the first sign of weather change Tinker stopped Remington. She and Melody leaped off the cart to set up a tent in the bed of the cart. After a bit of setting up the tent and making sure the horses were tethered to the cart to prevent them from running off, Tinker and Melody laid in the bed of the cart hearing the wind blow. Melody could sense Tinker was down and how she was turned away from her as if in shame.

"Come on Tink, you've been very quiet and you’ve been down. That's not normal from you." Melody said sitting up. Tinker looked over at her then turned back curling up to keep warm.

"I'm a horrible person, Melody."

Melody blinked at the comment. "What?" Melody asked in shock.

Tinker sniffed shaking. "I'm a horrible person."

Melody thought for a moment trying to wrap her head around what Tinker was saying. "What are you talking about Tinker? You're not a bad person."

"I am ... I invent things that are used to hurt people. And now I sending more of these killing machines to a group that are going to use them to kill more people." Tinker sniffed starting to cry. "I only wanted to invent things to help protect people."

Melody thought for a long moment and remembered that one thing Ace told her long ago. Tinker was found in the woods beaten by someone or somebodies. Melody sighed leaning back placing her hand on Tinker's arm squeezing her arm.

"Let me guess, you want to help people protect themselves right?"

"Yeah, I wanted to give weak people the means to protect themselves from those that want to hurt them." She sniffed wiping her nose a she slowly sat up rubbing her nose with her jacket sleeve. "So I started inventing and creating the revolvers. Griffins were already making cannons why not I make compact ones that you can carry with you?" She asked pointing to Melody's revolver. Melody nodded then she wrapped her arm around Tinker and pulled her close to hug her.

"And now," Tinker whispered. "I'm helping people using them to kill others. I mean even Equestria made it illegal to even carry these ... That was when I started questioning myself." She whispered. "Why would Princess Celestia and Luna want to ban my inventions? What was wrong with making something that will help people? What if they weren't meant to help people but made it easier to kill others?"

Melody was silent. She felt Tinker shake and sniffle even louder. Poor girl. Melody could tell that Tinker was a bright spirit, her creativity helped her make something to help weak people like she was. But now Melody could see why Tinker was upset. Her inventions were made to protect and help people from harm not creating it. Melody looked down at her revolver then sighed.

"Tinker," Melody said softly. "Listen to me very carefully." Tinker sniffed looking up at her, her eyes were swollen from the tears. "You are not a horrible person. Horrible people are the ones that want to make people’s lives miserable. They want to steal from people that didn’t deserve it, or hurt someone to feel powerful, or taking advantage of the weak and fearful to feel strong and big. Breve me Tinker you are anything but horrible. You are a good person Tinker. You are creative, you care for people’s lives, and all you want to do is protect them."

Tinker blinked a few times sniffling as she felt Melody wipe her thumb over her cheeks to wipe away the tears. "Maybe it's about time you think of inviting something new. Something that won't hurt people but still protect them?"

Tinker looked at her for a long moment. "Really? You think I can do that?"

Melody smirked. "Of course you can. You created these things,” She said pulling out her revolver, spinning it on her finger. “I bet you can create more."

Tinker thought for a moment then looked at the crates around her thinking. After a long moment Melody laid back letting Tinker think about what they talked about.

"Tinker," Tinker looked over at her as Melody placed her bowler hat over her eyes. "You're a good kid. Don’t knock yourself off the cliff just because you did something that went the total opposite to what you dreamed. You creating gunpowder was a change of human kind, but the wrong people used it for pain, not protection. Just remember you did it for the right reason."

Tinker nodded watching Melody get comfortable and going to sleep. Tinker opened one of the crates to see the crate filled with polished revolvers. She licked her lips and sighed as she reached for her tool kit and reach for the first revolver she can grab.

"No more," She whispered.

The next morning, Melody and Tinker arrived at the giant fort of Fort Vanhoover. Melody was amazed by the size compared to the other frontier forts she had seen. Of course the stories about this fort that it was once an ancient Equestrian fort was true. Melody could see part of the old fort wall at the base, it was made of Equestrian stone and carvings, but the rest of it was built with tall wood walls made of trees trucks. Melody could see the giant flag of the griffin kingdom flapping in the air.

As they approached they were confronted with three griffin guards dressed in gray and blue armor. Tinker stood up to greet them in their language which surprised Melody the most. The griffins were excited to see her and invited them into the fort. Melody stayed in her seat watching the griffin guard pull off the covering then one by one carry the crates to an armory. Tinker was beaming, she seemed to be much better than the night before.

Since the weather was brutal cold the griffin soldiers offered a tent for Tinker and Melody to sleep in for the night, with a warm meal for the first time for weeks, Melody was happy for. Then by the next morning, Tinker was always itching to go for some reason. Melody didn't ask and followed her to the cart and headed off.

Before they left the gate Melody had a thought.

"Hey Tinker,"

"Yeah?"

Melody smiled. "Um I heard Annie tell me about a place Ace has found out here."

"Yeah?" Tinker asked curiously.

"Do you mind if we take a quick visit to that place?"

Tinker blinked for a moment then shrugged. "Um sure, I’ve seen the place."

"What is it like?"

Tinker thought for a moment. "It was an old cabin, it's all but abandoned now. But Kickie wanted to use it to live in with Velvet."

"Really?" Melody asked surprised.

Tinker smiled. "Yeah Kickie loves Velvet and as soon as he could he's going to take her away and make a new place for them."

Melody was smiling at this bit of news. She knew Ace was in love with Velvet for a long tie so hearing that he might try and marry her was great news. "Good, that man deserves a happy ending after all the hell he went through. So does Velvet." Tinker nodded.

"Yeah, we'll be there later on this afternoon." Tinker said smiling as she turned the reins to make Remington turn and heading towards the west. As she thought about it then turned to Melody.

"Why do you want to see that place? It's nothing but a break down cabin now. Kickie was thinking of tearing it down and start fresh."

Melody thought for a moment before she reached back behind them into a chest that kept their camping gear and weapons. She reached inside to pull out a heavy potato sack. Melody set it on the bench. Tinker heard a large thunk when the sack hit the bench between them. Melody reached inside the bag then pulled out one of her small gold bars. Tinker blinked seeing that then looked up at Melody.

"I want to go there because I think that place would be the best hiding spot for this treasure of mine."

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Dash was taking a drink from his glass when Butterfly ran up to him showing him her paper with her words. He set down his drink to take a look at the paper to see that Butterfly's writing was doing better.

“Very good," He said seeing her blush all bashful like. "You're getting better."

"Really?" She asked.

"Really, really." Dash said with a wink. "Go on and play for a bit." He said patting her on her head.

"Robby?" Butterfly asked causing Dash to stiffen. Berry looked up quirking her brow seeing Dash blushing harshly. "Where’s Annie?" Butterfly asked curiously.

"Um," Dash said turning to Berry seeing her smirk with a knowing wink. "She’s a bit busy with Diamond right now." He said blushing harshly. "Now go on and git." He said waving his hand for the girl to go on and play. Butterfly nodded and headed outside. Dash groaned then turned seeing Berry giving him a look.

"Robby? Short for what?" Berry asked.

Dash made a mumble.

"What was that?" Berry asked laughing seeing him blush even harsher.

"Rob...."

"One more time."

Dash groaned. "Fine my name is Robert!" He growled. "I was named after my grandfather. I hated the man's guts so I changed my name to Rocket instead." He said before taking a hearty dink of his glass growling.

"What did your grandfather do exactly?" Berry asked curiously.

Dash sighed. "He's a drinker. He works for the parliament in Cloudsdale. Earned it by birthright from the old Dash’s of the old times. Or so the damn story goes." He sighed shaking his head. "When my sisters and I go and see him, I caught him with my older sister in bed with him." He snarled. Berry bend at that, shocked.

"She got pregnant and had the kid. She left after that."

"The kid?"

"Who cares about him?" Dash growled. "Then I tried telling my mother about it but she didn't believe me. I think my grandfather got word of it and sent my family to San Franciscolt to make claims. My father became mayor of the town. I left as soon as I could."

Berry shrugged. "Sorry to hear about that Dash."

Dash shrugged. "I left them for a reason. I love it out here." He said a touch resentful as he drank the rest of his drink before sliding it away to Berry’s hand.

"Anyway, how long have those two love birds been down there?" He asked with a chuckle trying to change the uncomfortable subject.

Berry washed out the glass with her damp rag. "Since this morning after breakfast. Diamond said something and dragged Annie down stairs and by the look of it I think they’re playing in bed again." Berry said smiling.

"What?" Dash asked noticing the smile.

"You wouldn’t believe what a bitch Diamond was before Annie came to town." Berry said shaking her head. "That Annie though, she was the only person in this place that actually got Diamond to be happy again. I'm grateful for that cowgirl."

Dash smiled. "Yeah, I get what you mean." He whispered smiling a touch. "She's a lucky girl. I wish I was that lucky."

Berry chuckled. "A sharp one like you? I bet you'll find someone out there for you."

Dash looked to her curiously. "What about you?"

Berry looked up at him. "What about me?"

"Don’t you have someone to go to everyday? Or had someone?"

Berry was silent then shook her head. "No, never. I mean I tried but I couldn’t. Maybe because the men were too intimidated by me drinking more than them and my mother called me a disgrace so I was thrown out. No other place but west, I went. Knowing I can make a new life there." Berry blushed a touch.

"I mean working in a brothel can give me things I need but it's just not the same as a real ... one you know?"

Dash nodded thinking. "Have you ever found someone? Cause I haven’t." He said with a blush. Berry blinked at that blushing a touch.

"Is that cabin fever spewing from your mouth?" Berry asked blushing harshly.

"Maybe ..." He whispered with a light smile. "I think us lonely folks have to stand together right?"

Berry turned to him to see the genuine invitation. She swallowed then sighed. "Meet me in the stables then. We can drink and talk about our horrible lives."

"Sounds like a plan."

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Annie groaned falling on her back on the bed panting. Diamond chuckled as she crawled over to lay beside Annie kissing her feeling Annie kiss her back.

"Damn," Annie whispered placing her arm over her eyes smiling. Diamond was chuckling as she stroked Annie's face then her neck.

"Want to go again?"

Anne shook her head. "Give me a minute. Still a little winded." Diamond pouted but her eyes convened concern.

"You’re not getting sick again are you?" Diamond said placing her hand over Annie's sweating forehead.

"No, I’m just still a tad tired from yesterday's work that's all." Annie said with another sigh. Diamond laid down curled up next to her. Annie chuckled causing her to look up.

"What?"

"I'm surprised you still have it in you." Diamond gave her a light slap in the cheek causing her to look at her. "What?"

"Be careful there Annie Apple, I might be twenty years your senior but I am still young."

Annie chuckled before wrapping her in her arms and kissing her down her neck causing her lover to squeal and laugh at that before Annie pulled Diamond over to where Diamond was on her back on the bed with Annie on top of her. Diamond chuckled.

"I love it when you use your strength." Diamond said looking at Annie's well-toned arms. "And I can see that you are getting your strength back. I think you are twice as strong than before." Annie blushed at the complement.

"I'm not too big am I?" She asked with a blush.

"Oh no sugar!" diamond reassured her with a kissing. Annie returned the kiss in full gusto before Diamond pulled away caressing her cheek. "You are perfect the way you are."

"Gosh Diamond." Annie blushed even redder at the compliment. After a short moment Annie winked at her lover. "I think I’m ready for another round."

Diamond chuckled as she pulled Annie into a deep kiss feeling her lover kiss her back.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody and Tinker could see the edge of town. Melody sighed in relief feeling so much of her worried weight off her shoulders and mind thanks to Tinker's quick trip to Ace’s future home she called it. Once there Melody did take a look around to notice that it was indeed an old broken down cabin that was built by early frontiersmen.

Melody could tell Ace was there since there was a large sign that reads, "This land now belongs to Ace Kicker. No trespassing!" With the date which was four years ago. So far this sign kept people from settling so that must mean something.

After the look around, Melody found a large rock with carvings on it. Melody could see that it must have been very early Equestrian times. Melody dug into the dirt by the rock, once deep enough she set the sack inside and dusted the dirt back into the hole and stomped into the hole. She found some rocks and placed them around the dirt mound.

Melody prayed to Titania to keep her gold safe and hoping to return to this place alive when it was time to leave. Melody returned to Tinker and the two made the long trip back to Frontier City.

Now back, Melody and Tinker entered the town seeing that everyone was walking around doing their business. Melody and Tinker unhooked Remington out of the harness and set him out into the field to graze. Tinker set the harness in the bed of the cart. Melody turned to Tinker as she untied her horse.

"Thanks for coming with me Melody." Tinker said smiling happily. Melody smiled.

"Of course. I should thank you though for taking me to that spot of land. That really helped big time."

Tinker blushed then ran over to hug Melody. Melody blinked and blushed feeling Tinker's arms around her.

"Thank you for helping me, really." Melody blushed then hugged her back.

"You're a good kid, stay that way." Melody whispered before pulling away. "Well I better head on back home then. I have a girl to talk to." Melody said smiling. Tinker giggled.

"Oh yeah I bet you and Rose have a lot to talk about. Have fun." Tinker called before heading back inside her barn. Melody sighed rubbing her hands together blowing into her palms to warm them up. She felt Fair Breeze push her with her head.

"What?" Melody asked laughing as she stroked Fair Breeze's face. "You want to go back to your stall girl?" Fair Breeze snorted lipping her sleeve.

"Alright, let's go then." Melody leaped up onto Fair Breeze. She clicked her tongue to get her horse into a trot down Main Street.

As they approached the tavern however, Melody suddenly stopped her horse to see a bunch of deputies even Ace run out of the Sheriff's office with Skytalon in tow. They each grabbed a horse and they rode away. Melody watched as Ace leaped up on his horse and followed after them.

"Hmm, I wonder where they're going." Melody said out loud seeing Fair Breeze's black ears flick back. Melody patted her neck and rode her horse through the alley to the back. Once she reached the stable she heard something that caused her to pause. She dismounted her horse and led her to the stall. She could see Twilight's head poke out of the door eating the hay out of the hay box. Melody got closer and knew the sounds all too well. She peeked into one of the empty stalls. Her mouth dropped open seeing two familiar people actually having sex in the stall. Dash and Berry?! She turned away blushing brightly.

"Wow," She whispered hearing the moans and cries getting louder within the stall. "That was unexpected." She was able to sneak Fair Breeze into her stall and left the small barn stable quickly. She shook her head and couldn't help but laugh.

"Wow Dash," She whispered shaking her head. "You two are drunk as hell if you two are doing that together." She chuckled waking away to the tavern.

The tavern was empty for such an evening.

"Melody," Melody turned to see Annie. Annie was walking over dressed in her trousers, boots, and buttoning up her cotton shirt. "I thought I heard noises."

"Where is everyone?" Melody asked.

Annie shrugged scratching her blonde head. "Not sure. I guess Berry closed the place down since we hardly heard anyone up here." Annie scratched her head. "So I learned you went with Tinker on a trip. How was it?" Annie asked curiously. Melody shrugged.

"It was a trip that's it." The two sisters remained silent unsure what to say.

"You want a drink?" Annie asked pointing to the bar counter.

"Sure," Melody said smiling. Annie walked over to the counter then reached for a bottle of whiskey and two glasses. Melody walked over as Annie took a table setting the glasses down. She pulled out the cork and dumped out the contents into the glasses. Melody sat down taking hers as Annie sat down across from her.

"So, where have you been all summer? I have been worried about you."

Melody shrugged. "Just doing stuff that doesn’t concerns you." Not anymore that is. Melody said lastly in her head before drinking the whiskey with a sigh, so used the harsh burn of the drink in her throat.

Annie turned her glass with her fingers thinking. "Still, though. We hardly ever talk anymore."

Melody smiled. "Well don’t worry things change. And I'm sure my life is about to change for the better."

"What do you mean?" Annie asked curiously.

Melody sighed thinking. "I'm thinking about moving on Annie." Melody said softly smiling at her. "I think it's time for me to leave and find a new place to maybe make a permanent home for myself."

"Why?" Annie asked a touch sad and fearful.

"Because Annie, it's my time."

"But," Annie whispered looking down. "I thought we were going to work together and make a future for both of us. A new farm house remember?"

Melody smiled sadly at her. "That was your dream Annie, I just helped you get here. You don’t need me to hold your hand anymore. You have grown quite a lot since I got you out of that place." Annie felt a touch heartbroken by this. She had always thought that she and Melody would be together for a long time, two sisters out to face the world together. Melody reached forward to take Annie's hand squeezing it.

"Annie, you have to understand that we all have our own paths right?" Annie nodded sadly trying not to cry. "When winter's over, I'm leaving okay?" Melody said smiling sadly at her. "I'm thinking of taking Rose with me."

Annie looked up at that as Melody shrugged. For a moment they stared at one another then Annie sighed and nodded. "You never sat still for too long." She said with a chuckle wiping her eyes. "I just hate it that you have to leave now."

"Hey I'm not leaving yet, once spring comes I'm out of here." Melody stood up and sighed. "Get up you big lug." Annie smiled standing up as Melody walked over to hug her. Annie's arms wrapped around her hugging her tight.

"We'll talk more later, kay?" Melody said smiling up at her. Annie nodded.

"Yeah," Annie whispered with a light smile on her face. Melody pulled back smiling as she rubbed her neck thinking.

"Um have you seen Rose around?"

Annie smirked at that. "She’s been missing you something fierce, more than me."

Melody chuckled as she placed her glass on the bar counter. "Well I shouldn’t keep her waiting." Melody said smiling before heading for the door. Annie sat down on her chair watching Melody head down stairs. Anne sighed filling a second glass and dunk back her drink.

"Why do I have this bad feeling in my stomach right now?" She asked herself before she suddenly sneezed loudly covering her mouth. She blinked the tears away as she sniffed rubbing her nose. "That’s odd." She sniffled before filling a third glass.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Ace Kicker stood with the other hired guns outside a train station in the city of Vanhoover. He tapped the saddle horn with his fist feeling dread the longer the sheriff was in the station with their guest.

"Something wrong?" Ace turned to see Lucky look at him.

"Just nerves that’s all." Ace grumbled turning away.

Lucky gulped. "I know what you mean. Ever since Darius and Mac were dead I've been nothing but nerves."

Ace turned to notice that Lucky did seem frazzled and older in the last half year. She looked like she hardly slept and she looked frightened.

"Are you alright?" He asked with concern.

Lucky thought for a long moment then sighed. "Ace, Kim has been-"

"What are you two talking about?" Lucky squeaked and turned as Kim and her horse rode over to them. Ace glared at the girl seeing the deputy star on Kim's jacket. No doubt Skytalon hired her after Ace went on leave for a while.

"Nothing!" Lucky squeaked turning away looking to Ace with fear. Ace blinked watching this as Kim reached her finger over to Lucky’s cheek stroking her cheek lightly.

"Are you certain?" Kim asked sweetly casing Lucky to squeeze her eyes shut.

"Yes, everything’s fine." Lucky said opening her eyes smiling.

"Good," Kim said strongly before glaring at Ace as if challenging him to say something. Ace turned away clenching his jaw. Kim is going out of control and what he witnessed was scary for him to see. Poor Lucky.

They heard the doors open as several men dressed in black suit jackets and hats walk out. Ace stiffened, so did the other frontier hired guns seeing such muscle walking towards them as horses were being lead from one of the train cars towards the group.

Ace gulped. "Alright!" Skytalon called out causing everyone to turn towards her. Standing next to her was a middle aged man with hard purple eyes and a speckled trimmed mustache on his face. "Boys, meet the boss you have been working for. Mr. Reginald Philharmonica."

Ace saw the man’s harsh smile as he walked up to the hired guns checking them out. "Skytalon you're telling me that these raggedy people are your hired guns?" Reginald laughed causing several of the elderly frontiersmen to glare at the well-dressed fellow. "They look like peasants from the streets."

Ace bristled clenching the reins in his hands.

"Now, what are we waiting for?" Reginald snapped as a carriage arrived for the man. "The sooner we get to that despicable town, the sooner I'll get rid of the nuisance in my side."

"Just a second sir," Skytalon said as she pulled out a paper that was folded. "I know someone that can tell you about who you’re tracking now."

"Oh well hurry it up." Reginald snapped angrily. Skytalon turned to Ace and Lucky.

"Kicker get over here!" Skytalon ordered fiercely. Ace gulped as he dismounted his horse and walked over.

"Yes sheriff?" Ace asked bitterly not liking this.

"Sir, this is ace Kicker. One of my men." Ace jumped at the sound of this. He’s not a deputy in her eyes anymore? That’s a surprise. He placed his hands behind his back looking between Skytalon and Reginald.

“Hmm, were you a soldier young man?” Reginald asked curiously noticing how Ace stood. Ace nodded once.

“I was sir.” He said seeing Reginald smile.

"Now Kicker, Mr. Philharmonica here is looking for these two women that you are very close to." Skytalon handed the paper to Ace. Ace took the paper and immediately stiffened seeing that there were drawn portraits of Melody Liker and Annie Apple. His mouth dropped open looking between Skytalon and Reginald again before closing his mouth.

"Um I guess I know them." He said with worry as Reginald walked over pointing at the portrait of Melody.

"Do you know this woman?" He snarled as Ace backed up a bit. He would have lied if there weren’t so many witnesses that knew he would be lying. "Who is she?" Reginald asked leaning forward into Ace’s face causing Ace to back away from him again.

"Yes I know her, her name is Melody Liker." He said in defeat.

Reginald started to smile turning to Skytalon. "And who is this woman?" He asked pointing to the other portrait. Ace thought for a moment then sighed in defeat.

"Annie Apple, Melody Liker's sister." Reginald frowned hearing this.

"Excuse me?" He asked glaring at him.

"They're sisters." Ace said again back away from Reginald’s glare. "Melody was adopted into Annie's family at a young age." As Reginald was thinking Ace took a bold step forward. "Why do you have portraits of Melody and Annie anyway?" He asked glaring at him. Reginald stared at Ace for a long moment before glaring back at the ex-soldier.

"That is none of your business, Mr. Kicker."

Ace glared at him. "It is my business if you are hunting down my friends." He growled. Reginald lift up his lip into a snarl. Suddenly Ace turned hearing something behind him to see several of Reginald’s muscle point their revolvers at Ace's head causing him to lose his glare with a look of fear.

"You better remember who you work for, Mr. Kicker." Reigned said casing the jupitarian to turn to the eponian. "Because the next time you challenge me, you will get a hole in your head." Ace felt his blood run cold as Reginald patted him on his shoulder.

"Now, let me ask you this question." Ace gulped. "Who is this Annie Apple?"

Ace gulped turning to Skytalon to see her with he arms crossed across her chest glaring at him. Ace turned again to see that the thugs still had their weapons trained on him. Ace Kicker, who would stand up to the largest man in Frontier City is terrified of a middle aged man. A middle aged man with guns behind him.

"Annie Apple .... She's a beast of a woman. And she'll hurt anyone of you that dares hurt anyone she cares about." Ace called out for the whole group to hear. "She killed a man with her bare hands for tossing Melody off a train." Skytalon and Reginald stared at him in shock.

"Impossible." Reginald gasped. "No woman can be like that. It's just impossible." Reginald sputtered. Ace smirked at him seeing his fear.

"Oh yes," Ace said smiling. "Annie Apple is the strongest woman I know and the tallest. She’s a like giant and if you dare hurt the ones she calls her loved ones she will kill you with a smack of her fists."

"He's right!" The group turned to see Lucky waving her hand. "I witnessed Annie Apple beat a man to a pulp. It's true. She's a monster when pushed hard enough."

Reginald thought for a long moment not believing a simple word of this nonsense. Women aren't meant to be strong or tall or like this Annie Apple. They are meek, weak, and defenseless. This must be a joke.

"Fine," He snapped. "Let's get going before nightfall."

"You heard him boys, lets head home!" Skytalon bellowed shoving Ace to the side as everyone ran to their horses. Ace sighed rubbing his neck with a touch of fear.

"I'm sorry Melody ... I'm sorry Annie."

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

The next morning, Melody woke up early. She slept with Rose all night and was very happy with the greeting she got. Melody told Rose that the gold was buried in a special place and she can now do whatever she wants now. Which was more love with Rose.

When the sun was rising, Melody woke up at her usual time to get dressed.

"Melody," Rose groggily called. Melody turned as she was busy pulling on her trousers. "I thought you said you were done with gold." Melody smiled as she walked over to the bed crawling over to Rose and planted a soft kiss on her lips, feeling Rose kiss her back. Melody pulled back smiling at her.

"I am, I just want to be out for a bit." She whispered pressing her lips onto Rose's forehead. "I have a lot to think about."

"Like what?" Rose asked grabbing Melody's arm to keep her from leaving. Melody stroked her face smiling.

"Just my future plans." She thought for a bit then sat down on her knees. "I'm planning on leaving in the spring."

Rose blinked in shock sitting up. "What? So soon?" She asked. Melody nodded sadly looking to her.

"My offer still stands." Melody whispered taking Melody by her chin to turn her towards her to see Rose with tears. "I'm leaving when the snow finally melts. By then I'll have a plan."

Rose sniffed looking down at her lap. Melody kissed her on her head then left the bed to grab her heavy cotton shirt. "I'll be back for lunch." Melody said as she grabbed her jacket and pulled it on. She grabbed her boots slipping them on her feet. She walked to the door grabbing her hat. She turned to see Rose still staring at the bed sheets trying not to cry. Melody sighed silently a she left the room feeling rotten.

Melody quietly left the tavern through the front doors to the street. As she was fixing her jacket in the cold winter breeze she froze when she noticed a bunch of men crowding the sheriff’s office. But what made her froze in place was the fact that these men were muscular eponians with black suit jackets and black bowler hats, the same clothes that Melody is wearing right now!

Melody's mouth dropped open as she ran to the alley to hide. She peeked out to notice they weren't looking at her or searching for her.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Melody whispered throwing down her hat to grab her hair pulling at it with fear and anger. She peeked out again and saw the group of men move away as Skytalon was walking with the man she feared to see the most.

Reginald Philharmonica.

Melody stayed still pressing herself again the tavern wall as the group walked past her hiding spot. Reginald turned to the men and waved his hand.

"Look for her!" He ordered. "I know she’s here!" Several men left Reginald into town as Reginald, Skytalon, and several other thugs and hire guns went to the Hotel. Once the coast was clear, Melody picked up her hat then made a dash for the back of the tavern. She ran to get Fair Breeze and saddled her quickly. She has to get away as fast as she can, or at least think about something.

But what about Rose?

That stopped her in her rush saddling of her horse. She gaped leaning against her horse shaking with fear. She made a promise to herself to protect Rose if the unthinkable happens. She can't abandon Rose now!

What about Annie?

Melody groaned covering her face with her hands. She can't just up and leave everyone under Reginald. But she can't stay in fear of hurting her friends, her family.

"I need to think and think fast." She leaped onto Fair Breeze and went to the one place Reginald will not find her. Across the river.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Annie was walking around town noticing a bunch of new people in town. As she walked she noticed that there weren’t that many towns people out either. Annie reached her destination, Velvet’s shop and opened the door. She leaped to the side as a large man walked past her.

Annie glared at the man's back for being rude as she approached Velvet at her counter as she was reading a piece of paper. She looked up and smiled.

"Oh Annie, just in time." She said with a smile.

"Morning Velvet, how are you?"

"Doing well. Ace came home early this morning." Velvet said.

"Really? How was he?" Annie asked waking up to the counter.

"Very tired and distressed. I haven't seen him this upset in a long time. But he said that things were happening and he'll talk to me soon." Velvet shrugged with a touch of worry. "I hope everything is going fine, he left right away yesterday."

Annie rubbed her chin thinking as she turned to look out the windows to see more of those men looking around.

"Anyway, I have a delivery for you." Velvet said smiling as she left the counter to go around with a basket and place the items off a list she held in her hand. With her magic she pulled items off the shelf and set them into the basket.

"Where to?" Annie asked interested. Velvet grabbed a tin of tobacco then checked the list again then the items then nodded happy.

"There is someone at the hotel needing these. The suit floor." Velvet said handing the basket to Annie’s hands.

"Okay, be back later." Annie said smiling taking the paper then headed off to deliver the basket. After she stepped back on Main Street she made the shot walk to the hotel building. As she stepped up the steps she noticed a couple of men that were dressed in fancy black clothes from the city.

Annie noticed one of them looking at her with a glare. Annie glared back at him as she opened the door and went into the hotel. When she went inside there were more of them lounging in the sitting room by the tiny wood fed stove. She approached the main desk and held up her paper.

"I'm here to deliver some supplies to the suite?"

The man nodded and pointed to the stair case.

"Thank you," Annie said as she quickly ran up the stairs to the third floor. She shuddered as she walked down the hall to the double doors at the end of the hall. The sudden amount of men in black jackets and hats made her worry. They had this energy of trouble around them.

Annie slowed when she heard muffled talking from the double doors leading tot eh suite room. As she got closer the talking became clearer and more aggressive. Annie inched to the door leaning closer to the doors to listen.

" ... I don’t' care how you find her I want that bitch alive!" It was a man's voice, very angry. Annie gulped as she heard a second voice which made her gasp silently. It was Skytalon.

"I understand, but Melody Liker is untouchable. No one has seen her in the last week. I was told that she was with that inventor to Vanhoover."

"Melody?" Annie whispered in shock.

"Even if you did find her," The voice of Maxine Dust said. "You still have Apple to worry about. What do you want to do with her once she figures out you catch Liker?"

Annie furrowed her brows at this.

"I can care less what you do to that unnatural woman. Kill her off, she has no place in my town."

Annie froze feeling her blood go cold.

"Wait, kill Apple?"

"Isn't that what I just said? Kill her off that way Liker will be ripe for the taking and I won’t have any one stopping me."

There was silence in the room but the man continued as he chuckled.

"Liker might have thought she got away, but I will get back what she had stolen from me and finally no one will frown on me again."

Annie dropped the basket to the floor and started running down the hall then down the steps.

As soon as Annie disappeared Maxine opened he doors looking around with her hand to her revolver. When she saw no one she happened to look down to see a basket with dumped contents. Maxine reached down picking up an apple from the basket then looked up.

"Boss," She called. "I think we have a problem."

Annie busted though the doors then ran down to the street looking around panicking. She has to find Melody and get answers. What was going on? Why are Skytalon and Maxine wanting to find her? Why are they going to kill her?

Annie started running to one place, The Sweetie Belle. There is only one person who would know where Melody was.

Annie ran into the tavern hearing everyone eating, cheering, the normal stuff. Berry looked up beaming then frowned seeing Annie's panicked look.

"Annie?" She called out. Dash turned with Butterfly. Dash noticed the look and grabbed Butterfly before she ran over to her. Annie rushed to counter.

"Where's Rose?"

Dash gulped. "Um she hasn't come up yet, why?" He asked with concern. Annie ignored him and ran to the basement rooms. As soon as she reached the bottom Rose was coming out rubbing her face.

"Oh Annie, good morning." Rose said with a small smile, Annie could tell she looked sad. "Have you seen Melody around? I want to talk to her." Rose asked then noticed Annie's pale face. "What’s wrong?" She asked with fear.

"Where’s Melody?" Annie asked.

"Haven’t you seen her?" Rose asked in shock.

"No," Annie shook her head. "I was going to ask you where she is."

Roe gulped thinking. "Um Melody said she went off to go and think for a bit. She promised to be back by lunch." Annie grabbed her arms pulling her close.

"Where did she go?" Annie asked in a whisper.

"I don't know." Rose said truthfully.

Annie cursed colorfully rubbing her face.

"What's going on?" Rose asked trying to get Annie to look at her.

"I have to find Melody. Stay here!" Annie called as she started back up the stairs leaving Rose there dumbstruck.

Annie left though the back door and ran to grab Twilight. Twilight looked up with a whinny happy to see Annie. Annie happened to look to the stall next to Twilight’s to find it empty with the door open. Fair Breeze was gone and by the look of how things were strewn around, Melody was on the run.

Twilight saddled up, Annie leaped up on her horse and rode off. She happened to ride past the church when Constance stood up.

"Annabelle!" She hollered stopping Annie. Annie pulled back on the reins to slow Twilight down and turn to see Constance running over.

"No time!" Annie called out as Twilight danced around in a circle ready to run again. "I'm looking for someone!"

"Melody Liker?" Constance asked holding Twilight's halter to calm her down. Annie stared at her with shock. "She went to the river towards Epona's Canyon. She was in a rush, she looked terrified."

Annie looked to the canyon then back down at Constance. "Thank you." Constance bowed her head.

"Horse Gods protect you, Annabelle." Annie nodded as Constance released Twilight's halter and backed away as Annie turned Twilight to the river and kicked her heels into her with a sharp yell and rode away. Constance gulped as she turned to see Kim walk out from her hiding place behind the hanged laundry. Constance turned away with tears as Kim chuckled as she walked over to her and steered her face towards her.

"Good work." Kim turned and let out a sharp whistle. Five hired guns wearing silver stars lead their horses out from the side of the church approaching them. Lucky lead them over to her with a worried frown.

"Lucky,"

"Yes boss." Lucky whispered lamely.

Kim chuckled. "I want you to go to the boss and tell him we got Apple and Liker in one place."

Lucky nodded. "Yes boss." Lucky kicked her heels into her hose and rode off into town. Kim turned to the others and smiled.

"Find Kicker and Dash. It's about time they returned where they belong." One man nodded and rode off into town behind Lucky.

Kim chuckled seeing the others waiting for her orders. "Follow me, let’s go and find Liker." Kim tipped her hat to Constance. "Mrs. Temple. Don’t be afraid or sad, we'll take care of the pests for you and your husband." Kim whistled and grabbed her horse. Constance covered her face as the riders rode off past her.

"Great Horse Gods protect them." She begged looking to the forest. "Protect them both."

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

After crossing the swollen river thanks to Sisal’s raft Annie rode Twilight up the steep hill until she reached the top close to the canyon entrance looking round. Twilight's ears swiveled to the left then nickered with a snort. Anne turned where Twilight turned to see a black tail. Annie dismounted her horse and lead Twilight towards the tail.

"Fair Breeze?" Annie whispered seeing the black and white speckled horse turned with a blink of her eyes. Annie stroked the horses’ neck seeing that Fair Breeze was still saddled up. Annie placed her hand on the saddle to feel it cold. Melody left her horse a while ago.

Annie motioned for Twilight to stay as she waked along the dirt trail to the cliff, the cliff where she and Melody stood what felt like ages ago. Annie sighed seeing Melody sitting on a rock looking out to the town.

"Took you long enough." Melody said causing Annie to jump in surprise.

"How did-"

"I knew you would be looking for me sooner or later." Melody said with a touch of guilt.

Annie thought for a long moment until her hands clenched into fists. "What did you do?" Annie snarled. Melody sighed leaning into her hand, her elbow perched on her knee. She knew what Annie was doing here, it was obvious by the tone of her voice.

"Tell me the truth, Annie," She whispered.

"What?"

"Just enlighten me. If I did something and I told you about it, what would you have done?"

Annie was silent for a long moment unsure what to say. Melody smirked.

"You would have turned me in." Melody said smiling.

"What are you talking about?" Annie asked confused. "Melody there are men in town and they're looking for you."

"I know." Melody said nodding. "I knew they would come after me, but they took their sweet time. I guess they figured it out."

Annie blinked as she walked closer to her. "Why are they after you? What did you do?!" Melody stood up sticking her hands into her jacket pockets trying to think of a way to tell her sister everything. She thought of one thing. She pulled out the watch and tossed it to Annie. Annie yelped and fumbled the watch until she finally caught the chain staring at the watch.

"That is your answer." Melody said pointing at the watch in Annie's hand.

"A watch?" Annie asked confused.

"What you’re holding is a third of the Philharmonica fortune." Annie's face went pale as she stared at Melody to see her shrug. "I stole that money right under his nose."

Annie gasped staring at the watch then at her sister.

"So let me ask that question again except I'll rephrase it." Annie blinked at the sound of Melody's voice. "If I went to your place and told you I stole hundreds of bits in money that belonged to the wealthiest man in Equestria, would you have helped me?" Annie clenched the watch in her hand glaring at her.

"You ... tricked me."

Melody turned away.

"You knew me, you knew I would have turned you in!"

"No, really?" Melody asked sarcastically before frowning. "Of course I knew you would do that back then Annie. But I needed your help."

"Why did you come to me?" Annie asked glaring at her. "Didn’t you have some friends in the city?"

"I had no one!" Melody barked glaring at her. “I lived alone. You can't have friends in the city in fear of them ratting you out to the highest bidder! If one man or woman knew that I was a woman I would have bene dead! Manehattan is a hub where the titans live and they believe that they should be kings!" She yelled causing Annie to blink. "When I did it, I did it because the bastard didn't deserve the money he got. I didn't care that he was a son of the richest duke in history!" Melody said pacing back and forth in front of Annie.

"So when I took the money without anyone knowing it was too easy, way too easy. I learned in the streets that nothing is too easy. So I used the money quickly making that." Melody said pointing at the watch. "Now that watch is worth the same amount I took. So when I want, I can just trade this to a bank and I'll get the money back."

Annie looked at the decorative watch in her hands in shock.

"So when I finally realized that I was looked at for suspicion I skipped work to pack up and escape and the only person I can trust to protect me with no question," Melody turned to Annie to see her eyes widen. "It was you."

Annie leaned against the rock wall behind her shaking her head. Melody sighed turning away.

"Annie, things have-"

"Don’t!" Annie barked causing Melody to look up at her. "Don't speak." Annie snarled standing up straight glaring at her. Melody blinked feeling sweat down her face. Annie pointed at her.

"You thought it through didn’t you? You were always smarter than me and you knew that I was weak enough to take anything you said!"

Melody winced rubbing her neck.

“Admit it!" Annie yelled out causing Melody to jump. "Admit it to me right here right now." Annie whispered.

Melody nodded. "I was wanting to tell you everything. But things finally caught up with me." Annie glared at her as Melody sighed shaking her head. "Yes, I lied. I wanted you to come with me to protect me. No one would go up against me while you're standing by my side. I knew those bastards won’t try to stop you just believe you are a beast, Annie! No man or woman would fight like you."

Annie turned away. Melody sighed. "The reason I wanted to come here is not only to get away and make a new life but to also get the gold. The gold is for a separate fortune all together." Melody said getting Annie to look at her. "And I found it Annie. I struck true gold here in the hills past the town. I worked there all summer so I could get a good fortune of gold so I can use that for my future."

Annie stared at her confused. "But that gold ... where is it now?"

"Hidden," Melody sad smiling poking her temple with her finger. "Right here. Only I know where it is, and it's at that place where I'm thinking of going next."

"Next? Where are you going?"

Melody shook her head. "Away from here. To get away and make a new life."

Annie's sudden anger went away to fear. "You can't leave." Annie said walking up to her. "You do have a life here?"

"Not anymore." Melody whispered sadly. "I leave now, you all won't get hurt by Reginald's thugs. He’s after me." She turned away looking down into the forest. "He won’t stop until I give his fortune back. He'll hurt everyone ... even Rose."

Annie blinked hearing this but another thought came up. "Melody," She whispered. "He's ordered Skytalon to kill me." Melody jumped and turned to her with shock.

"How does he know about you?"

Annie blinked. "What?"

"I never told anyone that I had a sister nor my old life." Melody whispered with shock now starting to freak out. "How does he know?'

Annie got worried, she stuck the silver watch into her jacket pocket and walked over to Melody. "Settle down alright," She said quickly placing her hands on Melody shoulders.

"No, there is no time to settle down!" Melody said pushing Annie away. She pulled off her jacket feeling very warm all of a sudden. "We have to leave now!" Melody said tossing her jacket to the rock rubbing her face. "We all have to get away."

Annie was still confused by this. What was Melody so afraid of?

"What about out friends?" Annie asked with shock. Melody shook her head turning towards the horses thinking.

"I don’t know." She whispered. Suddenly out of nowhere a gunshot blast resonated in the air and a blood splatter from Melody's shouter caused her to yell out falling to the ground close to the edge of the cliff.

"Melody!" Annie screamed out pulling out her revolver just as a group of men came out of the roods holding out revolvers or rifles, potting them at the two women. Melody grunted sitting up on her knees holding her bloody shoulder. She turned with true fear seeing the black suited men and the hired guns.

"Who would have thought?" The two sisters turned to see Skytalon come out with a smoking revolver. She blew the smoke away from the barrel smirking. "I knew you two were nothing but trouble." She pulled back the hammer and pointed it out at them. Annie gulped looking around her. There were too many targets and she only had six shots in her Walker.

"I'll admit," Skytalon said smiling. "You two were pretty good. Even you Apple." Skytalon said pointing the revolver at the terrified Apple.

"How?" Melody grunted standing up, glaring at the black suited thugs. "How did he know?"

"You forgot one thing Liker." Maxine said holding out a rifle. "The boss always knows." She tossed it to Skytalon who catches it in one hand. Annie and Melody both paled, it was a Henry rifle and fully loaded too.

"And also, we have our orders." Skytalon said her gaze piercing Annie's. "It’s nothing personal." She whispered before firing off in quick succession five shots. Melody ducked covering her head. But Annie though she was still, unit she felt the first bullet clip her shoulder, a second one in her left shoulder causing her to yell out backing away, then the third bullet hit her in the stomach.

Melody turned hearing Annie’s yell and gasped before the fourth one scrapped Annie 's cheek then the last shot hit her thigh. Annie stumbled back to the edge trying to keep herself balanced as Skytalon held up the rifle to make a killing blow.

"See you in hell," She whispered.

Suddenly Skytalon’s shot went wide when Melody pushed the rifle barrel away before tackling the Sherriff to the ground. Maxine ran to grab Melody as she was punching the sheriff. Maxine grabbed Melody and held her. Skytalon growled standing up,

"Kill her!" Skytalon screamed out pointing at Annie. Annie was still standing and bleeding. A thug held out his revolver and pulled the trigger. That last shot was the final straw and Annie fell back off the cliff.

Author's Note:

Uh oh! What the heck happened?! :pinkiegasp:

:raritywink: The story isn't over yet! There is more on the way. Hmm I wonder what's going to happen next?

Nothing much to say except I am editing Chapter 18. But since it's a school night for me, Chapter 18 will have to wait a bit longer. :trollestia: Just kidding, I'll try and get Ch. 18 edited quickly and post it soon.

(Oh yes and I placed a tiny reference to the Tales of Apple Scratch: The Dracan War. :raritywink: Definitely give it a read if you haven't already.)