• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,676 Views, 216 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: Just Another Wild West Story - TigerSwirl448



An Apple Scratch Sisters side-story. Melody Liker (Vinyl's ancestor) and her sister Annabelle "Annie" Apple (AJ's ancestor) left their home of Manehattan to live their dreams in the boom town of Frontier City.

  • ...
10
 216
 1,676

Ch. 15: In Sickness & In Health

Chapter 15
In Sickness & In Health

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>


I didn’t know what came over me that day but it was worth it.

I couldn’t believe that I kissed Diamond willingly on my own. Perhaps what had happened that time on the train with the revolver aimed at the back of my head, I actually thought my time was over and Epona was saying it was time to leave the living. But I do owe Dash a big favor for saving my life and giving me the chance of kissing Diamond and well ... Loving her.

After we finally separated from our kiss, Diamond and I were disheveled to say the least. I almost had my shirt off from our time on the hill. Diamond grabbed my shirt and pulled me close to her as she whispered, "Let's go to a more comfortable and drier place."

I nodded and replied, "Let's go then!"

Grabbing our things, I walked to Diamond's horse and helped her up into the saddle. I leaped onto her horse with her behind me as I rode us back to the tavern. I remember feeling Diamond's hand reaching into my half unbuttoned shirt grabbing me in places that made me giddy and want to ravish her right there, but I tried to keep focused. Until she was able to sneak her hand into my trousers and.... Let's just say some heads were turned after I shouted. I could care less, I got our horse to trot faster to the tavern.

I hitched Diamond's horse to the back post then helped her off her horse. Sweet Epona above, I never felt this excited to kiss a woman before ... was this natural? I'm not sure but I loved it when Diamond wrapped her arms around my neck and kiss me on the mouth. Yes, we were stalled by more kissing outside the tavern. Finally I was able to pull away from those precious lips and lead her back into the tavern. I stopped to realize Ace was in there with Melody as they talked.

Ace turned to see me, so did Melody. They were ready to call for me when Diamond came in grabbing my shirt and pulled me with her to the stairs door. Melody and Ace looked at one another before smiling knowingly my way. They both lifted up their drinks, Melody a glass while Ace held a bottle of whiskey. I gave them a finger salute before Diamond pulled me down the stairs.

Diamond took me into her room and well everything went into a blur for me in that room. All I knew was that we were kissing, holding each other, pulling off each other's clothes and … well you could guess what occurred. But I'm a bit embarrassed to write it on paper. No doubt, I'm sure Diamond is haunting me right now by remembering that first true night we had together.

After the whole exchange, Diamond called me a record breaker for her. I guess not many patrons she was with in the past matched me. I felt a little prideful at that, but I wasn't sure if I should be. Oh well.

We stayed in bed late into the next morning, just lying in each other's company. I enjoyed it and I'm sure Diamond did too. I mentioned how she still kept up for an old woman. I guess I deserved the punishment she gave me that morning. I didn’t know if it was a “punishment” or more fun with her. As long as we're both happy, it's all for good and fun right?

After that we got out of bed and got dressed for the day. When I met up with Melody that morning, the look on my face must have said it all. Melody was laughing pointing at me. Thankfully Rose was there to slap some sense into her for me.

Diamond came out after me all dressed in her one of her nice dresses with her makeup in place to hide the bite mark on her neck I left behind. Diamond came up to me and gave me a kiss on my lips in front of every patron in the bar. I couldn’t leave her alone in that regard as I kissed her back and we heard the cheering of the tavern. I guess it was a good thing I kissed back.

When lunch came around, Ace came into the tavern and noticed Melody and I were talking. Melody ordered for a bottle and some glasses. I carried the glasses as Melody took the bottle and we all three sat in the corner table by the stage as Rose started playing a happy tune on the piano as we all shared drinks.

Melody made a toast, to our future with our lovers and enjoying many hours bed with our girls. That made me blush as Ace laughed and said "Hear, Hear!"

After a couple of glasses of whiskey, Ace started talking to us. He told us what had occurred while he was gone. The story went that it was planned that he was wanting to follow Amos to the farthest trail of his fur trapping trip. Once Amos was unaware, Ace went to confront him. But the plan didn't go as planned. Amos fought back and Ace couldn't beat a huge man like him. So they fought until finally Ace pulled the trigger. Ace said it took every bullet out of his gun to kill him.

Ace said that Amos was able to fight back with his ax and managed a slice into his stomach. Ace said he was close to dying since he was able to use Amos' supplies to get him a suitable bandage on him to stop the bleeding. He even had to use the ax that hurt him to seal his wound with heat.

I almost lost my liquor on that detail. I heard of that method, an old use of military training that Ace claimed saved his life out there. Ace then recounted how he was able to drag Amos' body to the stream and grabbed everything and made a mess to make it look like an animal attacked the camp and Amos' body in a creek showed that he fell and died in the creek.

After that, Ace made the hard and difficult journey back to Frontier City. When he returned to his hidden cabin to get better, he got himself cleaned up and fattened up again since his depression time. He walked back to town as if nothing had happened until the trapper came to town with Amos on his wagon half eaten by a bear.

Melody and I were in shock by his tale. Ace shrugged dunking back his drink. He said that after getting better he went to Velvet to give her support. That made me angry even Melody was a little upset by that. He noticed our looks and quickly said he will tell Velvet soon, he just had to tell us everything that had occurred since he owed us the explanation for his long absence.

He then told us on how it started. He went to the shop to give his condolences to Velvet. Diamond left Velvet to go shopping and the two were left alone talking. Ace mentioned that he walked with her back to her shop. Velvet offered a time for tea and Ace said he didn’t want to refuse that and he said that Velvet was smiling when he said he would stay.

Then after a bit of talking Ace claimed he didn't know what came first, the hugging or the kissing. Melody was smiling while I was blushing. He even went into interesting detail about how Velvet kissed him and held him tight. Melody was asking for better details while I was begging them to stop. Ace shrugged and said that pretty soon he and Velvet were unbuttoning their clothes and such and then the next thing he knew he was in the bed with her. Melody asked what happened. Ace made a frown and pointed at me.

"Then she happened." Melody was laughing while I was glaring at him. I was tempted to splash the whiskey in my glass into their faces.

After the long chat with Ace, he left us alone to go visit Velvet. I just didn't know how to act about this. I don't know if I should be happy for him or be disgusted. Are my morals being tested in this place? I know the frontier is a no law land but what happens? Why is it like this? Why are my moral judgments being tested in this wretched place?

I didn't have all the answers, but my shoulder was hurting like crazy.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Annie sighed with her chin propped on her hand with her elbow on her knee. She looked up to see little Butterfly sitting on the dirt drawing in the drying mud. Butterfly looked up to see Annie watching her and grinned. Annie made a smile waving her fingers at her. Butterfly stood up with a worried frown seeing Annie like this. She dusted off her already dirty hide skirt and skipped over.

She patted her hand on Annie's sore shoulder. Annie grunted grabbing her shoulder with a pained wince. The poor girl jumped away hearing the wince and had a look of worry on her face. She switched to Annie's other side and patted her better shoulder. Annie looked over at her blinking away the tears. She sighed rubbing her eyes then smiled at her.

"I'm okay, little one." Annie said smiling. Butterfly smiled in return holding out her arms. Annie winked and nodded as she held out her arms and Butterfly walked in carefully to hug Annie.

It had been two days since Butterfly was taken to Frontier City and Annie had tried all she could to try and teach Butterfly Equestrian but so far she seemed to understand some words but not enough. But actions and facial expressions seem to ease her.

Butterfly pulled away giggling before running off to the tall grass by the horses. Fair Breeze snorted seeing Butterfly walking up to her holding out her hand. Fair Breeze's ears perked up as she sniffed the little girl's hand then her face causing her to giggle. Annie smiled seeing this, it was no secret that the girl has a connection to animals. On the first night they met, Butterfly would stay by the horses and pet them and whisper to them.

Annie turned away looking at the ground where Butterfly was drawing to see what looked to be shapes made as animals and stick figures of people. Annie blinked seeing one drawing of a stick figure with a hat and it was standing on what looked to be a dead stick figure in a dress. Annie sighed turning away feeling bad. Butterfly had been through hell and now seeing her happy like this was great, but by the drawing in the dirt, she still hadn't forgotten what had happened.

Annie knew it wouldn't take a full day and night to forget what took place before she got on the train but she hoped that she's doing what's right for her. Annie blinked hearing a sound of a cleared throat and turned to see Butterfly with her hands behind her back.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Annie asked curiously. Butterfly revealed what was behind her back. She held in her hand a tiny bouquet of tiny white flowers and purple spikey bulbs. Annie smirked at her seeing her making a huge smile.

"You are too cute for your own good." Annie said flicking her nose causing her to giggle. Annie smiled in return.

"Hey Apple," Annie and Butterfly turned to see Dash walking over with his hands in his pockets with that smirk on his face. Butterfly gasped with a huge smile as she ran over to Dash. "Hey Butterfly." He said as he scooped the young girl into his arms as she hugged him tight.

Annie smiled at that. She stood up with her hands on her hips as Butterfly was let back down on the ground as she ran off to grab her flowers.

"So, you were gone most of the day yesterday." Dash said smiling.

Annie blushed rubbing her neck. "Yeah, sorry."

Dash chuckled. "Nah, don't apologize for that." Dash felt a tug on his jacket and looked down to see Butterfly holding up a tiny flower to him. Annie watched as Dash made a tiny smile as he took the flower then ruffled Butterfly’s head.

"While you were off kissing your grandma," Annie smirked making a swing at him causing him to duck. He laughed jumping back throwing fake punches.

"Her age is none of your concerns. So far as I know she still plays like she's my age."

Dash laughed at that shaking his head as Annie blushed at what she just said. She shrugged feeling the horrible bite in her shoulder with a wince. Dash frowned noticing this.

"You're still hurting?" He asked with worry walking up to her.

"No, it's just a little sting that's all." Annie grunted feeling lightheaded. She shook her head turning back to him. "So uh I learned that you took care of Butterfly while I was busy?" Annie asked. Dash nodded crossing his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, she followed me everywhere after you left."

Annie chuckled watching Butterfly sitting at another dirt area and started drawing with her stick.

"She wasn't much trouble was she?"

Dash shook his head with a thoughtful look in his eyes watching Butterfly. "No trouble at all. She is a sweet heart though."

Annie smirked wiping off her forehead, she was suddenly feeling very warm and it's not even lunch time yet. "Are you going soft?"

Dash laughed. "Hell no!" He said before that smirk left his face with a gentle smile. "But I can’t help but feel like .... A dad or something."

Annie smiled turning to Butterfly. "I feel the same way. I told Diamond about her last night and she joked that I must be like her second mother. In a funny way I feel like that." Annie said sadly.

Dash nodded. "Same here." He sighed thinking. "I told my parents to not expect me to have any kids. I wanted to be a bachelor all my life and get to do whatever I want. But things change when something as big as this pops up into your lap. You know?"

Annie smiled. "Yeah," The two stood there for a while watching Butterfly draw.

"I tried to teach her some simple words. I think she understands some words. Considering I knew her mom and she might have taught her some Equestrian words." Annie nodded.

"That's good." She said leaning against the wall pulling off her hat to fan herself. Dash was starting to get really worried. It was a cool morning.

"Are you sure you’re okay?" Dash asked walking over to her. He reached his hand over her forehead and immediately went pale. "You’re burning up!"

"I'm fine." Annie said glaring at him feeling woozy.

"No you're not. When was the last time you checked your wound?"

Annie thought for a moment as Dash grabbed her arm. "A while ago."

"Define a while ago."

"Three days." Annie groaned feeling lightheaded again almost stumbling as Dash held her up.

"Diamond!" Dash called out as Annie started slumping lower to the ground about pulling Dash to the ground. Butterfly turned seeing this and gasped. She ran over to try and help. "Diamond! Berry! Rose! Someone!" Dash screamed out banging the wall as he dragged the unconscious Annie to the door.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody grunted with effort as she used her levitation magic to move the boulders away. She groaned letting the boulder drop on the cavern floor. She fell onto her knees panting hard.

"Dammit," She panted. "Why is levitation, the simplest form of magic, the hardest to do?"

Melody looked around her to only see the dark rocks of the underground cavern with the flickering light of five lanterns revealing the shimmering in the rocks of the gold vein. Melody had been down in the secret cavern since dawn that morning. She had already collected about two pounds of rock and gold so far.

Ever since she made that decision to get as much gold prospected as possible. She was happy to find out that no one had discovered her secret spot or changed anything. Even the bodies of the two prospectors she killed a year prior were still down there. Melody got the bodies out and had to air out the chamber of gases before jumping in and got to work.

Melody sighed rubbing her face with her dirty bloody hands. She looked around her again shaking her head at her luck and at her limited time. Once Reginald Philharmonica even makes the trip to Frontier City for whatever reason, she must have all the gold she can carry out of town before he ever comes. Because if he comes to town and sees her ... Melody groaned shaking her head.

"Stop the worrying and getting sick about it." She scolded herself. She reached down to grab the pickax and walked over to the wall with the gold vein and started hitting the rock hearing the well-known tink, tink, tink, then a thunk of rocks falling into the wheelbarrow she set up under it. Once the rocks stopped falling, Melody set down the pickax then lift up the wheelbarrow and walked backwards back to the large chamber. As she turned around she yelped with shock dropping he wheelbarrow seeing an all too familiar girl.

"Tinker!" Melody cried out pulling out her revolver pointing it at her. The girl in question was looking into the rock piles Melody had set up looking at the rocks then tossing them away. Mainly the ones with gold dust in them. She looked up with a grin.

"Hiya Melody! How are you doing?" She said smiling as she walked to another pile to look through the rocks.

"How am I doing?" Melody growled glaring at her. "What the hell are you doing here?" Melody yelled out watching the pink haired girl hop to the wheelbarrow looking into the rocks. Melody growled and pushed the girl away pointing the revolver at her.

"What are you doing here?" Melody growled. Tinker’s smile faltered seeing the barrel pointed at her. She held up her hands.

"I always come here to find the materials I need to make gunpowder."

"Likely story." Melody growled. She had kept this place a secret for a long time, and she won't even let her friends to know about this place.

"No really," Tinker reached into her knapsacks she carried with her and held up dark soft black rock. "This rock is what I use to gunpowder and I get it in this cavern. I’m just started to run low." Melody took the rock and looked it over. She even did the handy gold spell to find out that it was not a gold rock. She looked to Tinker then at the rock in her hand.

"Fine," She said tossing the rock into Tinker's hands. "How long have you known about this place." She asked lowering her revolver. Tinker let out a short sigh of relief as she stuck the rock back into her dirty sack.

"Well I discovered this place a long time ago. When I was younger and first starting making gunpowder and the firearms. I found a bunch of the core ingredients for making gunpowder here so I come here ever year."

Melody nodded. "So you didn't know there was gold here?"

Tinker laughed. "Well duh! Of course I knew that there was gold here!" She continued laughing until she felt Melody grab her shirt then the revolver under her chin. Tinker gulped and chuckled nervously. "But unlike everyone else, I'm not interesting in the gold or silver or all the other shiny valuable rocks everybody goes crazy over."

Melody gave her a searching look. "How do I know you didn't tell anyone about this place? What about Ace? Does he know about this place?"

Tinker shook her head. "No, he doesn't. He doesn't even know where I go to get my rocks and powders. He's always working so he doesn't know where I go."

Melody sighed softly thinking. Then she turned back to Tinker giving her a firm shake. "This is a warning to you. If you dare tell anyone about this place or the gold inside, I won't hesitate to hurt you, got it?" She growled. Tinker blinked twice staring at Melody with a touch of fear. She gulped and nodded.

"I Pinkie Promise I won' tell anyone."

Melody gave her a look. "A what?" She asked.

"A Pinkie Promise." Tinker said holding out her pinkie finger at Melody. "See." She said taking Melody's hand pulling her off of her shirt so her pinkie finger could wrap around Melody's pinkie finger and gave it a shake. "There, it's a promise and no one breaks a Pinkie Promise."

Melody was confused at such a childish act. "What does that prove to me?" Melody asked.

"A Pinkie Promise is made to keep a promise. I know all people use this format but I'm still trying to find a way to make it more unique I guess. So yes, I give you a Pinkie Promise and if it helps ... I cross my heart and hope to fly, stick cake in my eye."

Melody blinked with confusion. "Wait don't you mean cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye?" Melody asked confused.

Tinker gasped. "No! You can't say that! You must say it like the way I say it. I mean this way is way more positive and makes a promise to keep it forever not until you die which will probably be tomorrow or something."

Melody blinked seeing Tinker nod her head at her statement. Melody sighed removing her revolver and disarming it.

"Do what you want alright, just stay away from the gold." Tinker nodded as she leaped over to another rock pile and started looking for more rocks. After a long moment Tinker looked over at Melody as she was beating the rocks with a hammer and pushing all the pebbles into a bucket for washing.

"So why are you working down here anyway?" Tinker asked curiously seeing Melody giving her a warning look. After a moment Melody sighed.

"If I tell you, you make that stupid promise?" Tinker nodded smiling. Melody sighed rolling her eyes as she reached into her pocket.

"Catch!" She called tossing the object into Tinker's hands. Tinker caught the object then gasped.

"Oooh pretty! Shiny too!" She said smiling holding the silver pocket watch by the chain.

Melody smiled. "You're not going to believe it but that watch you hold in your hand is worth more than anything you'll get in your life." She said before smashing another rock to pieces and dusting all the pieces into the bucket.

"Like how much?" Tinker asked trying to open the lid. "Hey why can't I open the watch?" Melody smiled.

"It's magically closed." Melody said smiling. "Only I can open it."

"Why?" Tinker asked curiously as she sat down in a crisscross apple sauce looking at the watch seeing the music note.

Melody shrugged. "At the time, I was in a rush I didn't want anyone to open it. Let’s just say I put something special inside only for me." Melody said seeing Tinker look at the watch then at Melody.

"I might not be a silver smith but this is great craftsman’s ship. What's the symbol?"

Melody chuckled. "You mean you never saw an eight note before?"

“Um no," Tinker said with a blush. Melody smiled dusting off her hands as she walked to Tinker and sat down next to her to take the watch.

"You see, I asked a Titanian who does silver work for a living to help me with this watch and he told me to put my essence into the silver that will be the part of the watch. And during the magic he said he sees that I have a musical heart." Melody chuckled shaking her head. "I laughed at that."

"Why?" Tinker asked. Melody thought for a moment before answering.

"I'm not so musical as he claimed me to be. I just told him whatever and left. Then two months later I came back and found the watch shell all done like that." Melody said pointing at the music note on the front. "He said he made a mistake during the casting and he made the note flip."

Tinker looked at the note confused. "Wait, you mean this music note is backwards?"

Melody chuckled at that and nodded. "Yeah, it is. But I didn't care. I was in a rush at the time and took this to the clockwork in town to get it fitted for a watch."

Melody took the watch and looked it over for a second thinking.

"So, when you have children of your own, will you pass it to them?" Tinker asked. Melody blinked looking at her with shock.

"What? Me with snot nosed kids?" Melody started laughing to where she fell on her back. Tinker wasn't laughing though she watched Melody with a sad look in her eyes. "Are you kidding me?" Melody asked sitting up wiping the tears out of her eyes from the laugh. "Me a mother? Nah, never."

"But what if?" Tinker asked fiddling her fingers.

Melody looked at her for a moment. "Hey, Tink, if you want to be a mom, that's your thing. But look at me. I'm no woman that can have kids. I mean I live a dangerous life already, I can't bring a kid in a world. I would be a bad mother."

Tinker thought for a moment watching Melody stand back up and walk back to her rock breaking table.

"If you do have children, would you give that to them?" Tinker asked. Melody paused at her hammering looking at her, ready to argue but noticed the sad look in Tinker's eyes. Melody sighed setting down her hammer thinking.

"Alright, let' see .... If I do somehow in this crazy world, I do end up with child, I'll give the damn watch to him. Happy?"

Tinker grinned nodding. "Yep!" Tinker leaped in the air and started skipping to the rope line that Melody set up to climb down into the cavern. Melody watched her for a moment until she disappeared outside.

After that question Melody started to think. She leaned against the table looking at the watch in her hand. She knew for a long time she didn't want children, she knew that even if she did get a kid, she wouldn't care for him or her. She's just not in that position in her life. She looked at her watch curious.

How far will this watch go if she has a family of her own? How many sons will hold this watch to wait for the train? How many children will look at it with awe wanting to open it? How many elders will look at the watch and smile at the memories he or she had with the watch?

Melody sighed placing her hand over the lid then let her magic flow to the watch hearing a tiny click. She opened the watch to see the clock face and the time. She turned to the inside of the lid where she placed a magical folded paper inside. She sighed and pulled out the tiny paper and unfolded it with care. As she unfolded it the paper grew in size. Written were her rules, the rules she wrote in it over the years living on the streets and working in the railroad.

She smirked and reached for the charcoal she used for writing and made a number seven and circled it. She sighed then smiled as she wrote a new rule.

"No Children, brats are a source of weakness." She paused in her writing feeling a touch sad for writing that. She sighed thinking. She tapped the charcoal on the paper wanting to write something else. She nodded as she wrote another quote. "Children get in the way of what is truly important."

"Like what?" Melody whispered. She shook her head and tossed the charcoal away. She folded the paper back to a square then snapped her fingers. With her magic the paper shrank to a tiny size to fit back into the watch again. She closed the watch and used her magic to seal it. She stuck the watch back into her pocket. She thought about what she wrote and what Tinker asked of her.

She shook her head. "No way, I’m not a whore that opens her legs to any man." She snarled shaking her head. "I'm not going to throw my life away to have a little brat that will probably be as worse off with me."

"Melody!" Melody gasped looking up to see Tinker hanging upside down from the hole in the ceiling.

"What?" Melody yelled back at her still trying to calm her beating heart from the scare.

"I have a funny feeling in my elbow that there is trouble."

Melody rolled her eyes at the silly superstition nonsense. She never really believed that Tinker could somehow know the future with her "sense".

"What type of trouble?" She asked returning to the table to smash her ore rocks to collect the left over pebbles for washing.

Tinker was getting antsy as she flipped to where she was hanging from the hole with her hands. "It's really bad!" For some reason the fear in Tinker's voice caused Melody to stop her work to look up at her curiously.

"How bad? What's going on?" Melody asked.

"I think it has something to do with Annie."

Melody felt her insides freeze up at the mention of Annie in trouble. She looked up at her with fear. "What's wrong?" She asked with worry.

"I don’t know but the aching is getting worse and worse and it's in my shoulder for some reason."

Melody stared at her confused. "Your shoulder?" She thought for a long moment then gasped. "Her wound! Damnit Annie!" She cried out with frustration. She turned to her things then to Tinker.

"Get going, I'll meet you there." Tinker nodded as she started pulling herself up. "Tinker!" Tinker stopped and looked down at her. "If you do tell anyone about this-"

"I said I Pinkie Promise, Melody. I won't tell anyone." Melody nodded and let her leave. Melody returned to her things and dusted all the dirt from smashing the rocks into the bucket and placed a leather wrap over the top. She sighed and quickly distinguished the flames of the lanterns and headed for the rope and started climbing. Melody reached the top and ran to the rope that was tied to a thick tree. She coiled the rope up and hide it into a rotting log. Once done with that she used her levitation power, thought little, to push a large boulder over the hole to hide the gold cavern.

She sighed dusting herself off as best she could and started running to the outside of the woods to find Fair Breeze. Once out she found her horse grazing in the meadow nearby. She called out to her and her horse turned seeing her. She trotted over to nuzzle her face.

"Let's go Breezy, It's time to go and see what Annie got herself into this time." She said in a joking tone, but she was freaking out and worried. She cares deeply for Annie and hoped this wasn't as serious as she feared. She deadpanned at the thought.

"With her luck, it is way worse than I thought. Damn farm girl." She leaped up on Fair Breeze's back and kicked her heels into her horses' sides and the two made the mad dash back to town.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

"Wait, you fucked with her and you didn't notice the wound on her shoulder!" Ace exasperated. Diamond was blushing harshly at that as Annie was blushing more than her fever blush. Ace groaned with a slap to his forehead. "You two are impossible." He groaned out.

Annie groaned holding her shoulder. "I wasn't thinking about my shoulder." She whimpered closing her eyes. Diamond bit her lip as she took a wet rag and placed it over Annie's burning forehead.

"Stay silent," Diamond whispered with worry. "Just rest, you need it."

"I don't want to rest." Annie slurred. "I have work to do." Annie said trying to sit up. Diamond stopped her and pushed her back into her bed.

"No, you don't. Lay down, and stay down." Diamond said in a whisper. Annie closed her eyes. Diamond sighed turning to the others in the room. Dash, Rose, Wendy, Butterfly, and Ace stood in the room worried.

"I should go find Melody," Rose said looking to the others as they looked to her. "She should know about this."

Ace nodded. "Do you know where she is?"

Rose bit her lip thinking. "While Annie was gone, Melody always went to the hill overlooking the town. She might be there." Ace nodded.

"Go get her then." Rose nodded and quickly left the room. Ace sighed rubbing his face. "I'll go to Velvet's shop. I think she might have some supplies to help with Annie's sickness. I'll be back soon." Ace left the room to go to Velvet's shop. Dash and Wendy looked at one another wondering what to do. Butterfly walked over cautiously to Annie's bed taking her hand. Diamond noticed the girl then looked up at the last two people in the room.

"Um, Dash, Wendy?" The two turned to her. "May you please take care of little Butterfly. I don't think it's wise for her to be here." Dash nodded walking over to Butterfly and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Come on Butterfly, let's go and let Annie sleep." Butterfly looked like she was going to argue but Dash shook his head. "Let's go." Butterfly sighed with worry turning to Annie to see her sleeping. She nodded taking his hand and was pulled out of the room with Wendy behind them.

Diamond groaned covering her face with her hands. What a fool she was, she should have done something about Annie's shoulder. "Dammit all," She growled glaring at the floor. She blinked turning to see Annie finally asleep but she was burning up and sweating a lot. Diamond placed her hand on her cooling forehead under the rag. She roved her hand to her cheek to feel the heat and the clamminess of the sweat.

"I'm so sorry, sugar." She whispered. "I should have been the responsible one in this relationship." She placed her fingers to the bridge of her nose shaking her head.

Upstairs, Rose was headed for the back door and gathered her skirts and started running to the back barn to find a horse to use. When she reached Twilight, she heard the sound of hoof beats. She looked out in time to see Melody on Fair Breeze stop by the door.

"Melody!" Rose called with relief running over. Melody looked over to see Rose.

"Where's Annie?" Melody asked leaping off her horse. Rose took the halter looking at her.

"Downstairs, you should know that she's terribly ill."

"I know." Melody said with worry as she started sprinting to the door.

"Wait! How did you know?" Rose called out as Melody stopped at the doorway.

"Tinker told me." She answered as she ran into the tavern. Rose blinked thinking.

“Tinker?" She asked out loud looking up at Fair Breeze to hear her snort. Rose shrugged as she led Fair Breeze back into the stables then returned to the tavern.

Melody ran past Dash and Wendy surprising them. "Finally." Dash whispered with relief.

Melody went down the steps then went to the only opened door. It was Annie's room. She entered the room to see Diamond patting Annie's face with a rag. She looked up and sighed.

"Great Titania, you're here!" She said standing up. Melody nodded looking at Annie for the first time in a while and blanched. She groaned scratching her dirty hair shaking her head.

"You did it again have you?" She asked seeing Diamond's confused look. Melody noticed. "Back on the farm, Annie would hurt herself and claim it as a scratch and continue working. Then a week later that scratch would be bigger than she claimed and it's infected. So don't call me surprised that she's in this state." She shook her head again then pulled off her jacket.

"Well, now than never. Let's get that wound taken care of as soon as possible."

Diamond nodded. "I send Berry to go get the doctor. She should be back by now. I'll go and see if she had returned yet." Melody nodded as she rolled up her sleeves. "Is there anything you need?" Diamond asked. "Ace left to Velvet's shop to get some things."

Melody nodded as she tested Annie's temperature and winced by how hot she was. "Dammit Annie." She turned to Diamond. "Um get some more wet rags that way we can switch the old ones with the new ones."

Diamond nodded. "Of course." Diamond left the room leaving Melody to look down at her sister with worry.

"Alright, let's take a look and see how bad this is." Melody pushed the sheets away to already see that Annie was already out of her clothes to keep her cool. Melody nodded at the choice and saw the old bandage. She could smell the odor from here.

"That doesn’t smell good. Let's hope you don't lose that arm, huh?" She said as she started unwrapping the bad bandage. Annie moaned opening her eyes to look up. Melody could see that Annie’s eyes were unfocused as she squinted looking around.

"Where am I?" She groaned trying to sit up. Melody yelped and pushed her back down.

"Stay down Annie, you're sick big time." Melody said before letting her go.

"Melody?" Annie asked. "But aren't you in the city? When did you get here?"

Melody groaned. "Great, the fever is messing with your head."

"Fever? What fever? I feel perfectly fine! I should be up working before my husband-"

"You left your husband Annie, don't you remember? You and I left Manehattan to the frontier?"

Annie blinked lazily looking around her. "Now why would I do that?" Annie asked a little miffed. "I can't leave him, I won't get respect-"

"You already have respect here, Annie. Just stay down."

Melody turned hearing pounding feet as Diamond ran in terrified. "The doctor left early this morning."

"Where is he?" Melody asked.

"He has to be a rancher's house, the rancher's wife is in labor and the doctor won't be back until tomorrow."

Melody growled. "Dammit!"

"Who's that?" Annie whispered seeing Diamond. Diamond looked around the pointed at herself.

"Me? Annie darling don't you remember me?"

"It's the fever." Melody warned. "Its messing with her head. Try to refrain from certain topics, trust me." Melody said with worry. Diamond was in shock hearing this from Melody then looked down at Annie.

"This is Diamond, she's your friend, remember?" Melody said smiling finally taking the padding off of Annie's shoulder and felt sick. Diamond gasped seeing the severity of the wound. It was a temporary patch job, where the bullet hole was turning purple and surrounding the wound was inflamed and red. There was a bit of puss coming out the wound as well.

"Dammit, where's Dash?" Melody growled. Diamond nodded.

"I'll get him." Diamond left the room in a rush.

"Hurry it up!" Melody called out with worry and anger checking the wound with her fingers and heard Annie yelp out with pain trying to pull away before Melody grabbed her shoulders to keep her in one spot. "Sorry Annie, this will hurt a lot." She turned to see Dash entering the room and paled seeing the wound.

"Great Jupiter," He groaned then he saw Melody's glare. "Whoa, what?"

"Didn't you idiots pull out the bullet?" She growled. Dash gulped.

"I wasn't there when Kim was doing the patch job."

"Did you know if Kim pulled out the bullet or not, because by the look of this it's still stuck in her shoulder! She could lose her arm!" Dash gulped.

"You don’t think I know that! Kim did it all!" Melody thought for a moment then she blinked remembering what Annie told her a few days ago. Kim was accusing Annie of sleeping with Dash.

"How close are you and Kim, lately?" Melody asked suddenly. Dash blinked in confusion.

"What?"

"How close are you two?"

"Um, well not much anymore. She's been ultimately possessive of me. I mean she confronted me about Annie a while back but I told her she's just a buddy nothing serious." Melody started thinking. "Wait," Dash asked causing Melody to look up at him. "You don't think Kim did this on purpose, did she?"

Melody turned to Annie then back at Dash. "Could be."

Dash leaned against the wall then slid to the floor. Melody could tell he looked betrayed. "If it's a possibility that Kim didn't do a complete job then we have to finish it."

"How?" Dash asked.

"No time right now. Go upstairs and find some medical tools. Two knives, I need one with a strong thick wooden handle." Dash stood up. "Then I need a lantern with plenty of oil in it, I'll be need that for a long while. We need some whiskey and the pure alcohol stuff if we have any."

Dash nodded. "And?"

"Diamond's getting the rags, also I need you to find Ace and tell him to get some fresh bandages. Make it quick!"

Dash saluted and ran out of the room to gather the items. Melody sighed and sat down on the side of the bed looking down at Annie. "I'll get you fixed up Annie. And Kim will have a good talking to with me."

Dash returned with the gathered things, with Ace behind him. Diamond came soon after with the required whiskey and alcohol for the procedure.

"So let me get this straight," Ace asked as Melody opened the lantern door and stuck a smaller knife blade into the flame waiting. "That Kim girl let Annie go this far even though she was a trained doctor?"

"I think it's something to do with jealousy or she might have figured out what took place on the train. Annie warned me that Kim was suspecting things." Melody answered watching the steel turning a touch red from the flame. Melody reached for the second knife blade with the thick handle.

"Open her mouth, she'll be happy with this in her mouth." Diamond walked over to open Annie's mouth as she set the wooden handle between her jaws. Melody sighed.

"You guys don't have to be here."

"We’re here for support." Ace said with worry as he pulled off his jacket tossing it to the chair in the corner. He set his hat on the seat as he rolled up his long sleeves. "Besides, we know how strong that girl is. She might throw you through the wall."

"Let's hope not." Dash said with worry. Diamond turned to him.

"You should be with Butterfly, she only trusts you and Annie."

Dash was about to argue when Ace took him by the shoulder. "Go on, I'm sure the girl is worried sick." Dash sighed then left the room grumbling curses. Ace turned to Melody ready to help out. Melody pulled out the smaller knife and placed her hand on Annie's chest seeing her still asleep, she gulped.

"Get ready Ace, I'll need your help." Ace nodded as he walked to the other side of the bed placing his hands on Annie nodding to Melody. Melody gulped as she started the incision. At that moment Annie's eyes went wide as she tried to sit up.

"Keep her down!" Melody screamed out as the both of them added their weight to keep Annie on the bed as she started screaming behind the handle. "Annie settle down!" Melody screamed out keeping her down. For a moment Annie stopped turning to her. "Keep a hold of her. Diamond, I need that whiskey." Diamond nodded.

Melody took the big blade away. "Drink until I say stop. Melody ordered as she took the bottle and held it out for Annie to hold. Annie took it then started drinking the hard liquor causing her to cough. "Keep drinking." Melody ordered. After a few long swigs Melody took the bottle and nodded to Annie. Ace pushed her back down setting the handle back in between Annie’s teeth.

"Just bite down 'kay?" Melody said softer than before. For a moment Annie was staring at her confused then she sighed, biting down on the handle and squeezing her eyes shut. Melody sighed then turned to Ace and nodded.

"Ready," He said.

Melody continued the surgery. The whiskey made it a touch better but with aid from Ace, Melody was finally able to stick her fingers into Annie’s wound and pull out the infernal bullet. It wasn't a pretty experience, Diamond had to leave the room on the account of the smell and the blood. An hour later, Melody was patting the wound dry seeing the puss trying to come out.

"Let that out." Ace ordered as he helped Melody sit Annie up. "Let all that junk out, that way it'll heal faster."

"How'd you know about that?" Melody asked curiously.

"I was from the military remember, we had our share of horrible puss filled wounds." Melody nodded, once they were sure the gunk was gone, the two laid Annie back down on the bed. Ace took the whiskey bottle and dumped some of the contents into the wound causing Annie to groan.

"Almost done, Apple." Ace said smiling as he nodded to Melody to pat it dry. Once that was done Ace pointed to the small blade. "We need to heat seal the wound to make sure everything is killed off." Melody sighed and nodded.

"I was hoping not to do that."

"It's better this way, then if it's still open then we'll sew it up that way we know the bacteria is killed off."

Melody nodded as she opened the lantern door again to heat the knife. She was happy that they were able to get the bullet out and get all the junk out of the wound or else she would have lost her arm. She gulped looking down at Annie's arm hoping they weren't too late. Once the knife blade was hot enough, Ace took the blade.

"This will sting a lot, Apple." Melody held down Annie as Ace pressed the hot blade to Annie's shoulder wound. After that was taken care of, Melody wrapped the clean bandages around Annie's shoulder and arm as Annie slept, exhausted from the ordeal. Ace placed his hand over Annie's forehead and tsked.

"We'll have to watch her overnight. The fever hasn’t broke yet, but we took care of the cause before it made her worse." Melody sighed wiping off her hands.

"Thanks for the help." Ace smiled at her.

"Well why not." He said standing up with a yawn stretching his hands in the air. "You two are good girls and great friends. I would hate to see one of you die."

Melody smiled at him. She felt Ace's finger take her chin turning to him. "Besides, I would hate to see my little sister here get upset." Melody blushed at that and smiled at him swatting his hand away.

"Sure thing, brother dear." Melody said seeing his shocked look then he started laughing. "I mean it though, thanks."

"You need some rest, I suggest cleaning yourself off though. I doubt Diamond will allow Rose to sleep with you like that."

Melody looked down at her blood splatter clothes and the dirt on her pants. "Yeah, I do need a wash."

Ace took his hat and jacket. "I better get to my bed too. I'll tell Velvet about Annie's condition. Good luck tonight."

"Thanks." Melody said smiling, watching Ace leave the room. Melody sighed sitting on the bed again then turned to see the knife handle Annie bit down on. She could see the teeth marks on it. Melody whistled softly smiling a bit relieved but the fight's not over yet. Annie has to survive the night.

"Hang in there Annie." Melody whispered. "I hate to see you hurt like this." She whispered stroking Annie's sweat soaked face. She sighed standing up, leaving Annie alone for a moment. When she stepped out Dash and Diamond stopped their rushed walking seeing her.

"Is everything alright?" Diamond asked worriedly.

"Yeah she's sleeping, I need to wash up and get some rest. Can one of you two keep an eye on her tonight?" Diamond and Dash nodded.

"Of course, sugar." Diamond said nodding. "You go on now, talk to Wendy to get a tub ready for you. She and Berry will get the water ready."

Melody nodded. "Thanks." Melody left the two alone as she went up the stairs.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody pulled off her shirt and pants seeing the tub already filled with water. She scratched her itching head as she sunk into the tub with a sigh. She closed her eyes thinking for a long moment letting the water break through the dirt and dried blood off of her. She took the wash rag she was given and started rubbing her skin feeling the dirt come off. Just seeing the dirt on her arms made her think about her plans again.

She sighed thinking for a second. "Okay, I'll go back in a few days. I have to keep an eye on Annie for a bit. Then I'll take the buckets to a remote part of the river and find the gold." Melody whispered and nodded at her plan. She always felt better with a plan ahead of time. "Then with the gold I find, I'll have enough to make ingots then I'll have enough ingots to make gold bars. They might be heavy but they'll be easier to count. Then what though?" Melody asked herself as she stopped scrubbing her other arm.

"I have to find a secluded place to bury the gold bars then." She said to herself thinking. She can't take the risk of handing all her gold to just a bank even with a bank system that might be in cahoots with Reginald Philharmonica. She sighed rubbing the rag over her face. "Why can't my plans go better?"

"What plans?" A voice asked causing Melody to squeak and cover herself turning to see it was just Rose as she closed the door behind her. Melody glared at her uncrossing her arms.

"Dammit girl, I thought you were someone else." Rose chuckled as she walked over to Melody's bed and sat down as she watched Melody wash herself again.

"I heard about Annie. You think she’ll be alright?" Rose asked with concern. Melody paused in her washing to think. She shrugged.

"Annie's tough, the toughest woman I know. She'll be able to get through the night."

Rose nodded twiddling her fingers in thought. "I overheard you talking to yourself." Melody froze then turned to her. "What are you trying to do?" Rose asked with worry.

Melody gulped. "How much have you heard exactly?" Rose shrugged.

"You were making plans to dig for gold. I thought you told me you were over that?" Melody opened her mouth to lie but stopped herself crossing her arms across her chest thinking. "Please don't lie to me." Rose said with sadness. Melody gasped looking at her.

"I'm not lying to you Rose."

"Then why?" Rose asked standing up, glaring at her. "You don't tell me anything! You claim it has nothing to do with me, but it does Melody!" Melody turned away trying to think.

"It has nothing to do with you because it doesn't! Don't you get it, it's against the law to keep gold for myself."

"You don't think I know that?" Rose snapped. "I gave you the chances to tell me. But you just see me as this child that doesn't understand anything!"

"Rose, that is not-"

"Well why can't you tell me?!" Rose yelled out glaring at her. Melody bowed her head then sighed.

"Someone is after me alright?" Melody growled glaring at her. "This man is powerful in Equestria and I .... I did something and he's been after me. I know he doesn't know I'm here ... yet, but when he does he'll hurt you all for even knowing me." Rose turned away thinking of what she was told.

"And the gold?"

"The gold was an idea I had to hide out for a bit. If I can get enough gold I can be rich and he won't touch me."

"What about Annie?" Rose asked seeing Melody stiffen at that. "Does she know about this?"

Melody glared at her. "You just leave her out of this. She doesn't even know anything about my mess. As long as I keep her oblivious she won't get herself into trouble."

Rose glared at her when a thought came up. "Annie is strong, we both know that." Melody started to sweat as her eyes shifted left and right, thinking fast for a lie. "Everyone knows that Annie was naïve for a long while." Rose looked down at her to see Melody bite her lip with worry. "You were using her."

"I wasn't-"

"Admit it!" Rose growled. "You were using her as your muscle."

Melody sighed covering her face. "That was before things happened here. Got it? In the beginning yes, Annie was part of my plan. She would protect me long enough for me to get out of here. But Rose, believe me, things have changed since then."

Rose sighed shaking her head. "I'm going to bed." Rose left Melody in the room alone.

"Wait Rose!" Melody called out stopping her.

Rose turned to her. "I'll keep this secret of yours, but you have to tell Annie."

"I can't." Melody said lamely.

Rose sniffed once then closed the door behind her. Melody felt the stab in her heart watching her leave her like that. Melody growled then slammed her fist into the water.

"Dammit!" She whispered shaking her head. "Damn stupid girl, stupid Annie stupid ...." For the first time in a long time Melody felt tears roll down her cheeks.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

In the city of Manehattan during the spring gala season, a middle aged man stood at the top floor looking down past the rail seeing the dancing couples of the gala party in his home. He turned seeing his son walk over to him smiling.

"Were you wanting to see me father?" The man smiled as he patted his son on the back.

"Yes my son, I was wondering how your economics classes are coming along."

His son rolled his eyes but smiled at his father. "They are going well father." His father nodded.

"Good, because once I retire you'll be taking over the Philharmonica Train business. Understand?" He asked squeezing his son's shoulder. The thirteen year old boy gulped and nodded.

"Of course, father."

"Good, now go on and meet some count's daughter." He said pushing his son to the stairs. His son waved with a wavering smile as he noticed a man from his father's company whisper in his ear. He watched his father look surprised as he walked with the man to another room.

The boy walked down the stairs until he met up with his mother who was talking to several other ladies. She turned to see him with a sad frown on his face.

"Excuse me, please." She said before walking to her son to talk to him in private. "Something wrong Marcus?" She asked with worry. "Did you talk to your father?"

"I did,"

"And?" She asked hopeful.

Marcus Philharmonica shook his head. "I don't like to lie to him. I hate economics and business. I just want to play music. It's my talent." His mother sighed and patted his back.

"Marcus I know that Epona has plans for you but until your father passes from this world, we have to follow what he wishes. And you being the heir to his train enterprise is what he wants for you to do."

"But I don't want to be a train king I want to be a musician. I want to play in front of thousands and play music to make them smile, make them cry, just something different. Like what Aunt Rose taught me." He heard his mother let out a sharp gasp. His mother looked around then sighed in relief to see nobody from her husband’s company around to hear.

"I told you not to talk about her even in your father's house." She paused a moment then looked down at her son to see him sad. It was no secret to the servants and the family that Marcus and his brothers were close to Rose, Reginald's "half-sister". Since she was taken away Marcus was stuck in a depressing state and the only way he seemed to smile was by playing the piano or playing the violin. But Reginald got rid of the musical instruments then piled work on his son for him to continue his industry.

His mother sighed and kissed him on the head, hugging him. "Just try Marcus."

"When can we see Aunt Rose again?"

She frowned with guilt. "I'm afraid we won't see Rose again, sweetie. As long as you live with your father, we won't see her ever again. Now, chin up my son. Go and enjoy yourself in the party." Marcus nodded as he left the corner and walked into the crowd. His mother watched him sadly. "My poor baby boy."

Upstairs in his office, Reginald Philharmonica turned to the messenger as he handed him the telegram note. Reginald glared at the messenger seeing him stiffen with fear.

"You grace, please, I'm just the messenger nothing more."

Reginald growled and tore up the note. "That little bitch is out there somewhere and after two years you still haven't found her?"

The man gulped. "Your grace we tried, we can't find hide nor hair of her. It's like she disappeared without a trace."

Reginald growled slamming his fist onto his desk. "I won't be a mockery for any longer! I want Melody Liker found! No one takes me seriously anymore! Not even the Committee of Male Affairs will allow me to make speeches because of that bitch!" He roared looking out his window to see the city lights of Manehattan. He stroked his graying black beard thinking. "I know Liker is out there, under my nose."

There was a knocking at the door as a man came running into the room panting. "What are you doing here?" Reginald growled. The second man stood up holding out a letter. "A letter from a Minister James Temple from Frontier City, your grace."

Reginald took the letter from the man and opened it to read it. After a long moment he reached into the envelope to pull out a folded paper. He unfolded it to see two drawings of women's faces. One face was one he didn't recognize but the second one he did.

"Liker!" He growled seeing the drawing of Melody's face. "When did we get this?"

"The date on the envelope was five months ago sir. But with the trains getting hit by bandits and such, the mail carriers had to send mail by horseback instead of train." Reginald looked at the drawings then began to chuckle then laugh. The two men looked at one another with fear as Reginald slammed the paper onto the desk.

"Boys, in a few months time, we're going to Frontier City. It's about time I visit."

The two men looked at one another again with fear. "But don't we visit next year?"

"You idiot! This Minister Temple was smart enough to show me this. Make preparations, she's not going to have the chance to get away."

"But your grace," The second one said causing Reginald to snarl at him. "The western railroad is on strike again, sir."

Reginald growled. "Well we'll just have to make them work. I want to make sure my train will get us to Vanhoover at least. Then we'll take a coach to the town. Now get going!"

The two men bowed then ran off as Reginald sat down on his seat looking at the drawing before him. He then noticed the name written under the pictures. He looked at the first girl's face to see her piercing eyes, her freckles and her well-toned neck. She was strong no doubt.

"Annabelle Apple, hmm." He thought for a moment looking at Melody's picture. "A hired muscle perhaps. And a woman to boot." He snorted. He turned back to Melody's face and couldn't help but chuckle. "You thought you could escape me Liker? Well don't you worry, you won't be remembered. I'll make sure of it. No one messes with royalty, not even me."

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody tossed and turned in her bed unable to sleep. She placed her hand on the empty side beside her where Rose would have been sleeping and felt nothing but sheets. She clenched the sheets in her fist and sighed placing the crook of her arm over her eyes.

"I'm an idiot." She whispered to herself feeling tears. "Some great rich girl I turned out to be." She sighed with a sniff. She lifted her arm to her forehead as she stared at the ceiling. "What do I have to do to make this right?" She asked. Then she had a strange thought she never thought she would think about. The Horse Gods. Would they hear her and help her when she never gave them a second thought?

"Titania, give me some sort of sign. Epona did it with Annie, can't you tell me what to do?" She asked with a sniff.

She sat up on the side of her bed rubbing her face. She grabbed her pants and pulled them on. She grabbed her shirt and button it up. Nothing too fancy, as she pulled on her vest leaving it open. She's not out to impress anyone. She left her room and closed the door behind her. She walked up the stairs and headed to the back door. She stopped to smell the gumbo cooking in the corner in the giant cauldron under a controlled fire. Melody went out back and continued walking with her hands in her pockets. She felt her watch in her pocket where she left it earlier that day.

She kept walking until she found herself at the river where Sisal was. Sisal was sitting on a stump with his pipe in his mouth. He looked up seeing Melody walking over to him.

"Hey Liker, what can I do or you?"

"Can you take me across?" Melody asked reaching into her pocket to pull out two bits for the fee.

"What's up?" He asked as he got to the tiny rat on the shore.

"I just want to go into the forest that's all. I won't be long." Sisal nodded as he pushed the raft into the water. Melody walked into the raft as Sisal used his magic to pull on the rope to pull them across. For a short while they both didn't speak. Finally at the end Melody leaped out and started walking up the hill. Sisal pulled the raft onto the bank so it wouldn't float away and sat down under a pine tree, smoking his pipe.

Melody continued climbing up the incline towards the canyon. But instead of going into the canyon, she turned to the cliff, the same cliff where she and Annie stood on the first time they arrived. Melody walked to the edge looking down seeing the river at the fullest since the start of spring from the rainfall. Melody pulled out her watch looking at it then at the river below her.

She clenched her fist then reeled her arm back ready to throw the watch away, but she couldn't. She groaned then screamed falling to her knees.

"Why?! Why is it so fucking hard?!" She cried. She glared at the sky. "What do you want me to do? How can I get over this shit!?"

Why does she feel like this? Melody didn't understand why. Before she was sure everything will be alright but then things turn around and become miserable again. After a few seconds of frustration she started to think about the past two years. Here in Frontier City she made a new life, a new identity, and had love like she never had before.

Now thanks to her selfishness she was going to lose it all, she'll lose her friends, her new life, even Rose. Thanks to her big mouth and her heart she probably lost her trust with Rose. Everything went back to Rose. Melody fell back onto her back and stared at the star studded sky and couldn't help but cry again.

"What are you wanting me to do?" She whispered looking at the watch in her hand. The first thing that came to her mind was childish.

Return the money?

"No," She whispered resentful. "That bastard didn't deserve the money he got. He cheated for it.”

Give it to Rose?

Melody gasped and sat up, staring at the watch in her hand. In a funny way Reginald’s fortune was Rose's fortune from her mother's family. Melody gulped looking down at the watch in her hands with revelation. She nodded clenching the watch in her hand. She looked up at the sky to see the moon poke out of the clouds.

"Thank you." She whispered as she stood up looking down at the watch and couldn't help but smile. Why didn't she thought of this before? "In reality, this money belongs to Rose way more than Reginald. No matter what he believes, Rose is still a Philharmonica. He's just a coward for accepting that she would get the fortune and not him." Melody smirked at that as she began to walk to the edge to look down at the river again. She smiled as she turned and headed back to the raft.

When Melody returned to the tavern she realized there were several people at the bar.

"Hey," Melody said seeing that it was Rose, Dash, Ace and Velvet. "What are you guys doing here this early in the morning? Celestia hasn't even risen her sun yet."

Velvet smiled. "It's Annie, we heard that her fever broke!"

Melody smiled. "Really? Is she alright?"

"Diamond's with her now." Velvet answered as Melody nodded and headed for the stairs door. She stopped and turned to see Rose bowing her head. Melody bit her lip then walked over to her. Rose turned to see Melody looking at her.

"I want to talk to you later. Outside." Melody whispered. "There is something I have to tell you."

Rose nodded slowly as Melody nodded once and headed for the stairs to see Annie. Now the only thought that remains is when to tell Annie the whole truth?

Author's Note:

Bam I am back! Here is Chapter 15 and now this is the longest chapter .... I didn't realize it was this long. You see once I start writing I just can't stop.

Alright so we got some revelations here, did you guys noticed them? This chapter's main focus was on Melody since it's around that time to show her true colors. Also to reveal some things that were kept from Annie. What did you guys think about the differences between Melody and Vinyl, did you find some similarities to the two of them or differences? And what about the Melody's watch, what role do you think this harmless object has in this story. What about the tiny part in the Philharmonica household, were you guys surprised about that?

Well, I'll see if I can start planning the next chapter. Then I'll start planning the big finale coming up soon. If you see any mistakes I made please let me know. :twilightsmile: