• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,672 Views, 216 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: Just Another Wild West Story - TigerSwirl448



An Apple Scratch Sisters side-story. Melody Liker (Vinyl's ancestor) and her sister Annabelle "Annie" Apple (AJ's ancestor) left their home of Manehattan to live their dreams in the boom town of Frontier City.

  • ...
10
 216
 1,672

Ch. 12: Hold Me Like Holy Water

Chapter 12

Hold Me Like Holy Water

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>


For that week, I was busy trying to find ways to give Diamond a present or even try to find ways to strike a conversation with her. But when I try to talk to her it was always a bad time. Ever since that Constance and her group came to town, things had been stressful. And Diamond was feeling the effects of this stressful time.

She seemed more haggard, older. She rarely smiled anymore, always on guard when she left the tavern.... well actually she was always gone. She would be gone all day somewhere in town. Then at around midnight, I would see her return looking haggard and sad. I would avert my eyes from her, to save her the humiliation of being seen by me. I think it worked, but it was hard to see her like this.

Easter Sunday was coming and the closer it got, the more empty the Sweetie Belle became. It was as if the newcomers cursed the place of business. No one wanted to be cursed at or damned by being seen in here. Even the girls were down in spirit. Without Diamond around to make them happy, they just sit around by the bar, drinking and eating with nothing to do but gossip. Rose tried to liven the place up but the others just told her that it wasn't helping. Poor girl, she looked heartbroken after being told off.

I noticed that Melody would walk over and sit with her on the stage or even lead her away somewhere. I didn't exactly know what they were doing, but it wasn't of my concerns. My concern was Diamond and her home. Without Diamond, this place was just like any other smelly brothel and I bet the girls could feel it too.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

It was just another boring gloomy day in Frontier City. The dark storm clouds rolled in from the northwest, with loud booms of thunder in the distance, foretelling the upcoming storm. The wind blew hard shaking the trees in the woods. To any new traveler, Frontier City looked like a ghost town. No one dared to leave their tents or homes in fear of being judged. As the wind blew the dust around, it was a sign of something to come. Along with the booming thunder there was a sense of worry and fear. Something is going to happen and it'll either be a horrible outcome for the whole town or it will brighten it for good.

Tinker was busy outside her barn letting Remington and Twilight graze as she cleaned up the outside to make sure nothing blew away in the upcoming storm. She stopped to look up at the clouds and shuddered feeling her elbow give an aching throb. Remington snorted looking up at the air flaring his nostrils. He snorted again walking over to his mistress and nuzzled her arm.

"Oh Remington, I have a horrible feeling in my elbow right now." Twilight looked up from eating a patch of grass. Remington looked up at the clouds again then nuzzled into Tinker's back with worry himself, his ears went flat on his head.

Tinker went back to work as she continued looking fearfully at the clouds. Inside her barn however had a different energy. Twilight walked over to the barn to investigate this sudden happy energy, moving to her stall window. She peeked into her stall hearing strange sounds. She looked inside to see two bodies kissing in the straw. Twilight let out a small whinny causing the body on top to gasp and look up.

"Shit, Twilight," Melody whispered glaring at the horse, but smiled in relief that it was the horse and not Tinker. "Do you have to ruin the moment?" Melody growled.

"Perhaps she's jealous?" The second body said. Melody looked down to see Rose smiling up at her. Melody chuckled.

"Nah, she's Annie's horse. I just give her sugar cubes every now and again." Twilight snorted again her ears perked up at the name of the treat. Melody rolled her eyes but couldn’t help but smile. "If I give you some, will you leave us alone?"

Twilight blinked twice her ears moving around. Melody groaned reaching into her pants pocket to produce the sugar cubes then she threw them out the stall window. Twilight turned and trotted off. Melody smirked at that happy to be back alone again. She turned back to Rose under her to see her smile.

"Now where were we?" Melody whispered as she kissed Rose on the lips feeling her arms wrap around her neck pulling her closer.

Melody never thought she would be this close to Rose this quickly. After The fiasco with the worshippers of the Horse Gods, Melody started to get closer to Rose for The first time in a while. Melody was able to find Rose crying backstage, with Berry trying to comfort her. Melody said she'll talk to her and Berry left them alone.

Melody sat next to Rose, not talking, just being there. And then Rose leaned into Melody, and Melody wrapped her arm around her holding her close. She even did a risky move by placing a small chaste kiss on her head hugging her close. Since that moment, things have thawed between the two of them.

Melody then walked her to her room and sat with her until she slept. It was a wonder that Melody didn't jump in with her at that moment, but she knew if she did try that stunt, she would be kicked out and never come back in. So instead she left the room as quietly as she could.

Then the next morning, Melody found Rose in her room waiting for her to wake up and thank her for her help. Melody got dressed and the two walked onto the stage to talk. But things went downhill since there was no one to play to. Rose tried to play the piano but the girls didn't want her to play the tune. Melody could see the hurt in her eyes. There was nothing else she could do but play. So Melody decided to take Rose away from the gloom of the inside.

Once they were alone outside at the Celestial River and the green hills outside of the stretch of woods. So Melody found Fair Breeze hitched to the post in the back and lead the speckled horse to Rose. Rose smiled greeting the speckled horse. Melody smirked as she grabbed Rose from under her arms and lifted her onto Fair Breeze’s back surprising her. Melody then leaped on in front of her smirking at her. Rose smirked back as she wrapped her arms around Melody’s middle as they rode to the woods.

Over the hill and through the woods, the two reached the beautiful green rolling fields. All day they sat in the grass enjoying the view of the river from their hilltop spot. Then Rose mentioned a beautiful spot during sunset. The two mounted Fair Breeze and Rose pointed the way to a large hill. When they stopped it was a beautiful view of the town with the sun's setting rays touching the buildings giving the town a spooky, old appearance.

Melody felt Rose lean against her back getting comfortable. Melody smiled at that gesture. That night they returned to the tavern to find it empty and gloomy. Annie was drinking at the bar with Berry, the two were silent. Melody was able to sneak back inside only to feel Rose grab her arm and pull her further downstairs to Melody's room. Once in Melody’s room, Rose said that she enjoyed their time together and wished to give her something before she left. Melody at first was confused until she felt Rose's lips on hers. Melody reluctantly kissed back making sure that it was the best kiss Rose had ever gotten. It seemed to have worked since Rose continued to kiss her and holding her tighter around her neck. Melody starting moving on autopilot, pulling Rose against her and her other hand reaching down to Rose's skirts.

Rose felt this and pushed Melody away to stop her, looking up at her panting. Melody realized she overstepped her boundaries. She blushed with shame. Rose left the room saying she would see her later. Melody felt crushed making that move. It was simply a little early for that. But Rose returned to her the next morning, smiling and happy to see her. It was a good sign and Melody stayed with Rose for a long while. Until she decided to take Rose away from the gloomy place to a happier neutral place. Tinker's barn.

As Melody continued kissing Rose, Rose pulled back laughing.

"I guess I have been smitten by your charm, Liker." She joked as Melody kissed down her neck closer to her blouse.

"If you want me to stop, let me know. Who knows what I might do?" Melody whispered hungrily. Rose chuckled as she scooted back to the wall and sat up as Melody watched her for a second.

Rose sighed then frowned, thinking as she pulled her parted blouse back together, buttoning the buttons. Melody frowned confused watching Rose look guilty.

"Something wrong?" Melody asked worriedly. Rose shrugged fixing her hair. Melody crawled over to sit beside her. "Rose?" She asked lightly tracing her finger on Rose's cheek to her neck. Rose took her hand holding it tightly.

"It's nothing." She said smiling. Melody could tell it was a forced smile.

"Rose,"

"I'm fine, Melody." Rose whispered stopping her. Melody blinked, Rose never used her first name. "Really," Rose said seeing Melody’s searching gaze. She turned away, her fingers were shaking as she tried to button up her blouse fast. Melody took her hands to stop her then she slowly buttoned up her blouse for her, seeing the girl's blush.

"What’s the matter? You know you can tell me anything." Melody whispered soothingly stroking Rose's face. Rose closed her eyes enjoying the touch, Melody took it a step further and placed a kiss on Rose's temple.

Rose sighed feeling tears. "I don't deserve this." She whispered pushing Melody away then rubbed her stinging eyes. Melody blinked seeing Rose now start to cry.

"What are you talking about?" Melody asked worriedly.

"I just don't deserve your kindness or this ... love."

Melody was confused. What just happened? Melody reached her hand under Rose's chin and steered her face towards her. Melody could see her eyes glassy with fresh tears and a look of confusion and guilt. Something was wrong and this was weighing heavily on Rose's mind and heart.

"Does this have something to do with your past?" Melody asked gently. Rose stiffened for a moment looking afraid as she scooted away from Melody. Melody sighed softly thinking. She looked down at her trousers pocket to see the silver chain of her silver watch. She gulped hard remembering the deal she and Rose made a while back. If Melody told Rose why she ran then Rose could tell her about her past.

"I was born in Canterlot." Melody started, leaning back against the wall. Rose blinked sniffling looking at Melody strangely. "My parents .... I don't really remember what they used to do, but I know that they had money if I was taken to a school to learn my letters and such. Then one day they left me with my uncle in Manehattan and I never saw them again."

Rose sat up watching Melody looking at the stall door. "My uncle was a cruel man, so a lot of times he'd beat me, a lot for the simplest little mistake. I was then sent to a poor school by those ladies that support women rights and stuff." Melody said with a shrug. "But I got bored of it and went into the city to get my own money."

Rose leaned back against the wall scooting closer to Melody listening to her story. Melody continued but a little harder to tell.

"Then one night I went back home and Uncle as there before me and he had his buddies with him. He discovered my pay I got from town and ordered me to give it to him. I said no, and well you can guess what happened next" Melody said with a sad chuckle rubbing her neck.

"What happened?" Rose asked curious.

"He beat the living shit out of me." Melody said bluntly with a sigh. "Even his drunken buddies helped out in putting the lesson inside me." Rose blinked seeing the hurt in Melody's eyes.

"Oh my!" Rose whispered in shock piecing it together. "What happened after?"

Melody rubbed her eyes for a second, thinking then she nodded. "When I was sure my uncle was gone for the night, I escaped the house and went straight to the one person I could trust." Melody turned to Rose and smiled. "Annie Apple."

Rose smiled a touch. "She helped you?"

"Yeah, she gave me love I never thought I would have again. She was able to get her father to have me stay with them and we had been sisters ever since."

Rose chuckled. "That's good."

Melody shrugged. "Yeah, you can say that. But I knew I can't make a living on a farm forever. So I collected my money then headed back to the city and decided to be somebody."

"What did you become in the city?" Rose asked now leaning into Melody's side. Melody wrapped her arm around Rose pulling her closer.

"Well I took a chance and went to The place where money was made, the train stockyard."

"The train stockyard?" Rose asked confused.

"Yep, it was there I met one of the most powerful train bosses in Equestria and he gave me a job as his accountant."

Rose chuckled stroking Melody's shaggy blue hair, seeing that it grew down to her shoulders from the first time she met her.

"Hmm, as a woman?"

Melody chuckled nuzzling her cheek getting Rose to giggle. "Not a chance." She whispered into her ear. "Manehattan was always a man's city. If I have to get a good paying job and a possible career then I had to be a man myself." Melody moved her hand down Rose's cheek to her neck.

"No wonder I see you more of a man." Rose purred, her early fears and tears long gone. She felt Melody's hand travel down from her neck to her arm. Rose smirked at her as she leaned in closer towards Melody’s face.

"Too bad you don't feel like a man." Melody stiffened suddenly. She looked down to find out that Rose's hand was in her trousers. Melody blushed then looked to Rose to see her smirk at her.

"You are an evil, dirty girl." Melody whispered with a smirk of her own. Rose chuckled as she moved in closer to kiss her. Melody reached forward for the kiss but Rose pulled back before their lips touched.

"When will you stop calling me a girl?" Rose asked with a pout.

"When I'm done with you." Melody answered kissing Rose's neck causing her to gasp. Rose fell back on her back on the straw with Melody on top of her..

"So," Rose gasped as Melody continued to kiss and nibble at her neck. "That’s the story of the dashing Melody Liker?"

Melody chuckled ticking Rose's neck causing her to squirm from the tickling sensation. "I got more stories to tell, I'm well known as a champion in bed?"

"You still haven't answered my question." Rose panted as Melody started down her neck to her chest carefully unbuttoning her blouse a second time that day.

"Hmm?" Melody hummed.

"My question .... Who are you running from?" Rose asked. She moaned in disappointment when Melody stopped her kissing to look up at her, spooked.

"Let's save that for another time, can we?" Melody asked her hand roving down to Rose's skirts. Rose pouted.

"Why not?" Suddenly she gasped feeling Melody's hand on her. Melody smirked.

"I don’t want to lose the moment again. Unless you don't want me to."

Rose blinked once then smiled up at her as she reached her hand to her skirts where she could feel Melody's hand under them.

"I want to." She whispered. Melody smirked with a chuckle.

"But first, you must tell me about your early life, or I won't continue." Melody smiled seeing Rose's surprised face.

"But-"

"Nope," Melody said moving her hand away from the precious place to place it on Rose's thigh from under the skirts. "Tell me,"

Rose thought for a moment then sighed in defeat. "Oh fine, I deserve that."

"Tell me," Melody whispered smiling at her. Rose chuckled shaking her head.

"Well I guess I'll say a small portion of it. I was born in Manehattan. The last of six children. My father is a duke my mother, a duchess. So I was the youngest and my brothers and sisters were either already married or already fulfilling their lifetime careers."

Melody laid down on top of Rose smiling at her perching her chin on her empty hand while her other hand remained under Rose's skirts stroking Rose's thigh. She smirked seeing Rose's excitement as she glared playfully at Melody for the teasing gesture. Melody shrugged her shoulders chuckling.

"So you're a lady then?" Melody asked a little surprised. Rose frowned at that.

"Not anymore."

Melody watched her, her smirk now gone. "What happened? Was your family pushed out of power or something?"

"No ... At least, I'm not sure. I've been living with my brother for the longest time and then he told me to stay here until he tells me so." Rose blushed turning away from Melody’s eyes. "He told me that I'm not one of them. He told me that I was not meant to be born there." She shrugged. "But after a while I stopped asking such questions."

"What do you mean that you were not meant to be born in your family?"

Rose shrugged. "It could mean different things. Maybe my mother had an affair and had me as a result, or it was jealousy, I'm just not sure. I like the idea that I was a bastard child anyway. It hurts less." Melody blinked then turned away feeling bad.

"So you're brother, he brought you here?"

"He did. He left me with Diamond five years ago and told her that I was to stay there under her care. I was to not leave the tavern under any circumstances."

"Why?" Melody asked.

Rose turned away. "Can we stop talking about it?" She begged. Melody blinked then nodded.

"Sure," Melody slid her hand further down Rose's leg to her knee. The moment was gone again. Then an idea popped up. Melody scooted closer and took Rose’s chin and steered her face to hers again. She kissed her on the lips making sure every ounce of love she could send was felt. Rose took Melody's face in her hands and kissed back. Melody pulled back looking into Rose’s eyes seriously.

"Rose, I don't care what anyone tells you," Melody whispered stroking Rose’s cheek. "I think you are the most beautiful woman in the known world." She whispered before kissing her again, holding her close to her. Rose pulled away for a moment to look into Melody's rosy eyes to see that she was telling the truth. Upon finding that truthfulness Rose smiled as tears poured out.

"You are the first person that ever told me that." She whispered sniffling. "And I think of you the same." Rose said blushing. Melody blinked blushing as well.

"Oh .... Well no one has ever told me that before either." Rose chuckled, wiping her eyes with her hands.

"Really? I'm surprised no one said that to you."

Melody shrugged. "Well when you keep the guise of a man, no one knows the truth until it's too late." Melody blinked then groaned face palming. She sad too much! She noticed Rose looking at her piecing some things together. To forestall any more questions, Melody lunged in for another deep kiss. Rose kissed back not wanting this close contact to end.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Annie sat on the stoop of the Sweetie Belle with a full bottle of whiskey in her hand as she watched the empty dirt street. She took a swig of the bottle, now numb to the sting in her throat from constant drinking. With nothing to do but sit and drink, Annie took that trade rather quickly. Just doing something that her mind and body would feel, the warmth of the drink over the warmth of human contact. Her usual company of friends were either gone in hiding or gone to who knows where. Even Melody had disappeared when she really needed her most. Annie became a wreck, like everyone else in this damn town.

Annie then felt tears of anger and frustration leak from her eyes. It was just not fair! She left on this path to be free from people like her family and the church of the Horse Gods, to be free, easy, and to finally be herself again. But now when part of the reasons for her leaving followed her to this desolate town, she was struggling against all that she had learned and wanted to be. When she finally made the decision to finally leave those religious thoughts behind her and follow her heart.

"Why do things happen to me?" Annie whispered as she squeezed the neck of the bottle, squeezing so hard that the bottle began to creak from the pressure. Until finally it shattered in her hand, the bottom half of the bottle roll to the dirt. Annie didn't move, ignoring the sharp pain in her hand from the glass.

"Hey," Annie opened her eyes and turned to see Dash waking over with his hands into his pants pockets, his black jacket flying in the wind. "Everything alright?" He asked with worry.

Annie blinked once then looked back at her hand, opening it up letting pieces of the glass fall to the steps. She winced seeing pieces of glass still stuck in her hand as blood and whisky dropped to the wooden planks. Dash walked over taking her hand to examine it.

"Damn Apple." He said shaking his head. He smelt the air and looked at Annie face right next to his. "How much have you been drinking?"

Annie shrugged turning away. Dash sighed then stood up grabbing Annie's shirt and pulled her up to her feet, she almost stumbled over if Dash hadn't gotten a hold of her.

"Apple, how much have you drank?" He asked with shock, she was very unstable on her feet. Annie groaned shaking her head.

Dash sighed and helped her toward the Sweetie Belle doors to get her to her room to sleep off the drink. When he reached the door Dash felt something hard hit his back causing him to stumble forward He released Annie on impulse to grab his weapon to face his attacker. Annie fell onto the wooden porch as Dash turned to see the item that was thrown, it was the bottom half of the whiskey bottle. He then looked up to see Constance Temple holding a rock in her hand ready to attack again.

"What the hell?" Dash asked sticking his revolver back into his holster. “Why’d you threw that at me for?” He shouted with anger.

"To stop you fiend from taking that poor girl into that place of sin!" The women around Constance all started shouting and cursing Dash.

Dash blinked realizing what it looked like. "Hey! I was helping her. I knew Annie longer than you wackjobs!" He yelped as he ducked as a rock was thrown at him hitting the door next to him. Annie groaned as she slowly sat up feeling horrible and sick in her stomach.

As Dash was continued being assaulted by rocks several teenagers ran over to grab Annie and drag her away from the Sweetie Belle. Dash started retreating into the tavern as the rocks started hitting his face and one in the groin causing him to groan holding between his legs as the women were cheering.

“Damnit!” He quickly dodged another onslaught of rocks then entered the tavern. He closed the door hearing the rocks hitting the door. Dash growled as he pressed his ear against the door hearing yelling.

"You see that my friends! Even a vile Discorded Man will even drug a woman and drag her into the sinful establishments like this one and take advantage of her."

"Dumb ass!" Dash snarled seeing Berry walking over.

"What's going on?"

"Those lunatics marked me as a rapist!" Dash said causing Berry to gasp with shock.

"What did you do?" Berry asked. Dash glared at her.

"I didn't do anything!" Dash argued as he used his thumb to wipe off the blood off his chin from a rock. "I was getting Annie inside cause she's drunk off her ass! And that minister's wife said that I was trying to rape her while drunk."

Berry winced rubbing her face. "Damnit all to hell!" She groaned. "Wait, where's Annie now?"

Dash gasped. "Out with the lunatics!" Dash kicked down the door running to the street to find the area empty like before. No Sisters of the church and no Annie either. "They took her!" Dash gasped looking around trying to find signs of his friend.

Berry stepped outside watching Dash looking everywhere for Annie. She groaned again. "Why are things going so bad right now?"

Dash growled pulling off his black hat and threw it to the ground. He turned to Berry glaring. "Where's Liker?"

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Annie groaned waking up to a horrible headache. She winced rubbing her face with her hands, but one hand felt different than the other. She opened her eyes to find one hand clean while the other was wrapped in bandages.

"Huh? Wha?" She whispered clenching her fist and immediately regretted it as her hand stung as if there were thousands of needles piercing her hand.

"I remember you." A woman’s voice said. Annie turned to see Constance Temple sitting in a chair next to her. The bonnet on her head was gone revealing her light pink hair done up in a bun on the back of her head. She was dressed in her black dress with a magenta shawl on her shoulders. It looked wired with that dirty black color of her dress. The woman's light green eyes looked into Annie's.

"You were the girl that was at that horrible Tavern."

Annie groaned rubbing her eyes with her fingers. "Where am I?" Annie asked.

"In the basement of the town church." Constance answered softly as she stood up.

"I didn't know the tiny place had a basement." Annie groaned out coughing from the dryness in her mouth.

"Here," Constance said returning to the chair with a small cup of water. She handed the cup to Annie helping her sit up so she could drink the water. "There, how does that feel now?" Annie nodded drinking all of the water and sighed.

"Yeah, that's better, thank you."

"Good." The woman took the cup to get more as Annie sat up crossing her legs together on the cot she was sleeping on, rubbing her face.

"How did I get here?" Annie asked as Constance returned with another cup of water. Annie took the drink dunking back the glass to let that cool water enter her stomach. The water fells so good in her drying throat!

Constance sat down again with a sigh. "Well I was able to save you from being raped young lady."

"Raped?" Annie asked getting pale, her foggy mind was starting to clear.

"Why yes, one of those hooligans from the taverns must have made you drink and caused you to pass out. He was about to take you to those horrid brothels!"

Annie blinked. "What did this man look like?" Annie vaguely remembered hearing Dash's voice and him asking her questions. He sounded concerned for her.

"He was one of those horrible hired guns. With the strange colored hair."

"You mean Dash?" Annie asked seeing the woman looking at her in shock.

"You knew that rapist?"

"Rapist?" Annie asked then started laughing shaking her head. "Nah, Dash ain't that stupid."

"But he was dragging you into that tavern-"

"Hey!" Annie started sitting up glaring at her. "That tavern is where I live, lady." She said with anger. She's getting sick of hearing these people calling The Sweetie Belle a shithole or even a hell hole.

"You live in that-"

"Before you say another word, yes I live there and no I'm not working there. That place is called The Sweetie Belle Tavern and it is way better of a place than all the brothels you walked in!" Annie shouted. Constance blinked at the force of Annie's words. Annie sighed rubbing her face.

"I need to leave." Annie got up fast Constance moved away quickly as Annie found her boots by a set of stairs and her hat hanging on a peg on the wall.

"But you can't leave yet, you're still not well and you're hand could be infected!"

"Listen lady, I'm grateful that you helped me though it was not needed." Annie said as she placed her hat on her head then stuck her feet into her boots. "But I need to get back home and tell everyone I'm alright."

Constance stood up with a glare. "I am not allowing you to go back there!" She yelled out running over and grabbing Annie's elbow. "I can tell you are a sister. That I can see." Annie blushed looking at her. "Those eyes though .... I've seen you before."

Annie shook her head. "I'm afraid you have me confused."

"No, really. Are you the daughter of Mary Apple?"

Annie froze at that moment. She turned to the woman with shock. "You knew my mother?"

Constance smiled. "I knew you looked familiar!" She said smiling. "You look just like Miss. Mary! I was one of her students in Sunday school before she married you're father John Apple correct?"

Annie nodded slowly shocked. "You knew about my family?"

"Well of course!" Constance said smiling. "The Apples are our sisters and brothers of the church ... not often much anymore but back then they were." She watched Annie standing there watching her warily.

"So what are you now?" Annie asked.

"Following her footsteps, she told me that I would be a wonderful teacher, so when I reached the age, I decided to teach school on Sundays after service."

Annie blinked for a moment then turned away. Constance walked over closer to her.

"You were her pride and joy. I remembered that she would talk about you to my mother. She would say how proud of you she was." Constance said with a kind smile. "I was there at her funeral ... I am sorry about what had occurred. She was a great woman."

Annie nodded then sighed. "The past is the past .... Thank you anyway." Constance nodded.

"What are you doing here, Annabelle?" Constance asked curiously.

Annie stared at her for a long moment, no had called her by her first name in a long time. She sighed and found a stool to sit on rubbing her face.

"I came here to get away."

"From who?" Constance asked grabbing her chair to sit on.

"Everything." Annie answered. "No one loved me back at Manehattan. My father, my brothers, my sisters, cousins, even my own husband." Annie smirked. "No he was never a husband to me. I was only his scared wife." Annie said harshly. Constance was in shock.

"You left your husband?" Constance asked. "Why would you do such a thing?" Annie glared at her.

"Didn't you hear me? He never loved me! My father just dumped me on him to pay debt he owned to him. All he did was told me that I must wear a dress and do what he says. Trying to gain love and acceptance from my family, I did what he wished!"

Constance was in shock by how Annie was acting.

"And you think running away would solve that problem."

"It did!" Annie snarled. "Since I came here, I became free!"

"Free of what?" Constance asked standing up. “He is your husband and it is a woman's duty to uphold his wishes!"

Annie growled at her. "Well what if I never wanted to marry a man? I just wanted to live on a farm and be happy! Well that changed when my mother died! I want to make my own path not a path that was made for me by my father or my husband!" Annie screamed out breathing heavily. Constance blinked her eyes staying silent. Annie sighed rubbing her face.

"I came here to be myself. Earn money to buy a piece of land to make my own orchard, my own cattle farm, my own piece of haven. Here I can make my own rules, I can be someone, and I can choose who I want to love."

Constance was livid as her clenched fists shook. "What you are saying is blasphemy! You are a married woman-"

"Not anymore!" Annie snarled.

"This is the work of Discord! You are not thinking clearly Annabelle Apple! I'll be back with my husband to cleanse you proper." Constance pushed past Annie and headed up a set of stairs to the church above. Annie just stayed there panting heavily feeling enormous weight off her shoulders. It felt good saying those things out loud for the first time in a long time.

"Tinker was right." She said softly to herself looking at her hands. "I had to tell. Let it all out."

She heard the door open then turned seeing Constance run down the steps with two men behind her. Neither one of them was Minister Temple. She tensed up clenching her fists.

"Annabelle," Constance said seriously. "You must stay here until my husband returns from his errands and then we'll get you fixed."

Annie blinked once thinking. "You think I need help?"

"Of course you do." Constance said smiling. "Once we cleanse you of Discord then you are free to return home to your husband." Annie kept her face emotionless as she watched the two men.

"And who are they?"

"They're here to make sure you don’t do anything rash."

"Jerry!" A young voice called out as a teenage boy ran down the steps to reach one of the two men. "We found her Jerry! We found her!"

"Really? Is Minister Temple-"

"He already called the other brothers. This time she'll get what she deserves!" The boy ran off back up the stairs as the man called Jerry turned to his partner then back at Constance.

"Excuse us, Mrs. Temple. We have some trash to clear out."

Constance made a small smile. "Well Horse Gods willing you succeed."

"Horse Gods willing." The men said bowing to her before running up the stairs.

"Well they were you're guards, but I'll find two others."

Annie felt a horrible feeling in her gut. Something didn't feel right. When Constance returned with two other men, Constance looked to Annie with a smile.

"Don’t worry dear, things will be better again."

Annie kept her mouth shut clenching her fists as the woman left them alone. The two men stood by the stairs blocking her exit.

"So you're from Manehattan?" The elder one asked.

"Yeah, born and raised there."

The man nodded.

After a long pause Annie swallowed. "Who were those two talking about?"

"What?"

"You know The Trash? Who is The Trash?" Annie asked keeping her voice plain.

The younger one chuckled. "Minister James Temple was looking for the worst of the bunch of these whores. So we found their main whore mother. That whore that got the nerve to talk to Mrs. Temple like that."

Annie’s heart went cold knowing who they were talking about. The two started laughing. "What are they going to do to her?" Annie asked silently clenching her fists tighter.

"Oh give her a lesson and give her the brand of Discord so no one will be near her again. Stone her first then tie her up-" Annie had enough and swung her fist connecting with the young man's face knocking him out in one shot. The older man gasped turning to her to see her fierce glare. He backed into the wall holding up his hands. Annie rushed him grabbing his shirt with both of her hands lifting him up the wall.

"Where?" She growled threateningly.

He shook his head scared to death. Annie pulled him down then slammed him back into the wall causing him to cry out.

"Where are they?!" She roared out causing him to cry out squeezing his eyes shut.

"They're taking her to the center of town where they made a bonfire! They have found her and took her there to be made an example!" He cried out panicking. "Please let me go!"

Annie snarled then finally released him. The older man fell hard on the floor then immediately curled up into a ball, protecting his head with his arms. Annie ran up the steps then pushed the door open surprising several women and children inside the church. Constance gasped seeing Annie.

"Where's my gun?" Annie growled.

"You-"

"Don't you dare!" Annie roared out causing the other women to pull their children back from the angered woman. "Where is my gun?" She growled. Constance stood firmly before the doors.

"You are not to leave this place Annabelle!"

Annie marched towards her until they were just centimeters apart.

"I don’t want to hurt you," Annie whispered harshly. "But I will if you don't give me my gun and let me pass."

"What are you going to do?" Constance challenged.

"I'm going to stop your madman husband for hurting an innocent woman."

Constance laughed. "Wait you are going to save that bi-" Annie never let her finished as she slapped her in the face. Everyone in the room gasped in horror and shock as Constance stumbled to the side holding her cheek glaring at Annie. Annie then grabbed the woman's blouse and pulled her close to her face with a snarl.

"She is more than that to me. She is the most generous woman on this side of the border and if you call her a bitch or any other name, you will regret it." Constance was completely terrified of this woman, but kept her glare on Annie.

"What type of a human being are you?" She whispered.

Annie smirked darkly at her. "A human that knows what's right and what is wrong. And the only human in this world that will admit to love that woman."

Constance blinked then her mouth dropped open in shock beyond belief. Annie turned and noticed her belt with her holster was sitting on a pew. Annie released Constance, leaving her to stand stock still. She walked past the shell shocked woman taking the belt and strapped it around her waist. She pulled out her revolver to check to see that it was still fully loaded.

"Wait!" Constance finally sputtered as Annie stopped by the doors. Annie turned to her. "You just admitted sin! In the house of the Gods!" Constance screamed out about on the verge of breaking.

Annie smirked tipping her hat. "You know what, I feel better now." Constance sputtered a few words then collapsed on her knees trying to figure this out. Annie chuckled then left the church, leaving Constance to reconnect her frazzled mind as the sisters tried to comfort her.

Annie pulled out her revolver and started sprinting down the road where she could see a large fire with a bunch of people circling it. Annie kept running getting closer hearing the large fire crackling and the sounds of a single woman screaming. That made her resolve more urgent. She felt the strength of Epona pushing her forward to the large crowd.

She pushed through the crowd, many of them were the townsfolk and the prospectors of the town. They backed away as Annie pushed through. Then she reached the line of brothers of the church who were keeping the people back and stopped to look for Diamond.

Annie gasped finding Diamond tied up on the ground by the large fire, her clothes were ripped off her body. She was covered in blood and bruises and there were stones all around her. Annie went pale with fear and shock, these people stoned Diamond!

"Listen well Frontier City!" A man's voice called over the roar of the fire. Annie turned to see a tall man dressed like the other brothers of the Church of the Horse Gods. He had hard green eyes and a ginger head of hair. He was holding the book of scripture in his hand as he got everyone's attention.

"This is just the start!" He called out as his brothers all cheered for him. "We will find you! We will find you daemons and evils of Discord. And this woman here will face the wrath of the Horse Gods! She will be marked on the cheek, the sign of Discord so that no one will ever be near her tainted soul again!"

Annie was outraged and as she looked around her so were the townsfolk that knew Diamond longer. They were angered but afraid. They didn't know how to stop this horrible thing from happening. Annie gasped watching James Temple walk to the large fire and pulled out a clothed covered rod and pulled out the rod. On the end it was orange hot from the fire with a strange design of a double triangle with a swirl in the middle. The Gods sign of Discord.

"Hold her!" James ordered. Two brothers grabbed Diamond forcing her up on her knees before the minister with the brand. Annie snarled as she charged forward surprising one of the guards causing him to fail and scream as he was bulldozed over. Annie pulled out her revolver then fired it in the air causing everyone to scream and back away from Annie as she fired a second shot.

Diamond gasped seeing Annie standing in the clearing pointing her revolver at the minister. The brothers immediately ran to stop her, but James held up his hand to forestall any attack on her. The brothers stopped staring at him wondering what he was thinking.

"And you are?" He called out.

"The name's Apple." Annie answered without thought. "Annie Apple and I am here to stop you from ruining this woman's life!" Annie yelled out with anger.

"Ruin? The only ruining we are doing is stopping this daemon of Discord to spread her influence on helpless men-"

"Bull shit!" Annie screamed out pulling back the hammer pointing the revolver at him. "The only thing this woman has done is help those that needed it. She gives shelter to horribly abused women, gave them bathes, clean clothes, food, and water and when they want to move on, she gives them money and good graces. You call that spreading Discord?!" Annie said outraged.

"She's a whore!" One of the brothers snarled.

"She's more than that!" Annie yelled out. "She is a valuable member of this community. She gives more than takes. She would rather give everything she possess to help those that need it most and that Minister Temple is Generosity. Learn it!"

Many in the crowd cheered and screamed back causing the brothers of the church to get nervous. This wasn't going as they planned. James snorted as he spun the brand then stuck it back into the embers to reheat.

"You were the one that my wife brought in from being raped."

"Raped?" Annie yelled out loud for everyone to hear. "She confused rape with a fellow friend helping me out!" James glared at her. “But I also have to thank you Minister.”

"Thank me for what?" James asked coolly, confused.

Annie smiled lowering her revolver. "Thank you for helping me finally admitting something I never thought I would do. I left my home not only to join my sister in finding gold, but also to rediscover myself. To be free and make my own choices for once. And so far I have been making the best choices in my life. Especially this one."

"What choice is that?" James asked curiously.

Annie smirked pointing the revolver not at him but to the men holing Diamond to her knees. "The choice of killing you lot for harming another hair on her head!" She snarled angrily. The two men drop Diamond without care and ran off from the horrific snarl on Annie's face. She pointed her revolver back at the minister. The minister reached for the brander but a shot rang out and the ball hit the minter's hand causing him to scream. Everyone was in shock at this turn of events. Annie glared coldly at the man.

"What the hell did you just do?!" James screamed, outraged.

"You're lucky I didn't kill you, I'm giving you a chance here Minister Temple. I will kill you if you dare touch anyone else with your vile hands."

"Vile?" The man asked with shock. "The only one vile is you! You shot a speaker of the Gods!"

"I don’t need a mortal man to tell me that the Horse Gods will kill me when I shoot you! My mother taught me at a young age that the Great Horse Gods cherish their children and will protect them from harms like Discord! I know Epona gave me this path for a reason. And if it was foretold by her that I will kill you to protect Diamond Belle then by her name I will do so!"

The townsfolk cheered and started chanting Annie’s name, other were jeering and screaming for the brothers to leave Diamond alone. The brothers of the church all backed away from the rallying crowd looking to their leader for guidance.

"Let me say this once and only once Minister Temple." Annie growled pulling back the hammer again. "You will release Diamond now. If you refuse I will kill you." James Temple stared at Annie then at the crowd around him seeing that his endeavors have failed miserably. He looked back at Annie to see her eyes lightly glow with rage and full on truth. She will kill him if he refused or even send his brothers to attack her. Then he had the crowd to deal with and they were backing up this Discorded cursed girl.

"Brother Toby." He called out. One of the mean looked up at him. "Release the cursed whore." He snarled through gritted teeth.

"But Minister,"

"Untie the damn whore!" The man boomed with true livid anger. Brother Toby pulled out his knife then walked over to Diamond watching Annie carefully seeing her eyes pierce his soul. He cut Diamond's bindings off letting her cover herself with her arms crying with relief. The man ran away as Annie continued her standoff with the minister.

"If you try and attack me you'll regret it." Annie called out. She waited for a few seconds to see the minister snarl and nod. Annie disarmed her revolver then stuck it into her holster. She ran to Diamond lifting her up into her arms bridal style to keep her close. Diamond wrapped her arms around Annie's neck crying into her neck. Annie stood back up then headed for the wall of people. Two prospectors pushed the brothers aside letting Annie pass them.

"Make a hole!" One of the prospectors called out as the crowd parted letting the woman leave. One by one the townsfolk all cheered, chanting her name as Annie walked past. Many of them pat her on the back or shoulder as she walked by, Diamond continued to cry into Annie's neck grateful for the rescue.

James snarled. "Listen here Apple!" He screamed out over the chanting and cheering. "You won't have happiness! I curse you, your whore, and your family of everlasting pain and suffering. Then when you die, you will be sent to Hell and you’re family will loath the name Annabelle Apple forever!" He screamed out his voice cracking.

Annie heard every word but kept her mouth shut as she continued her slow walk back to the Sweetie Belle. The crowd then started to go their separate ways, thanks to Annie's words, there was nothing mortal men can do to them. The brothers were stumped on what to do. Was what Annie said true, that they were killing a woman that was only helping the needy?

James though was fuming. Being embarrassed by a woman, being told off by a woman who just admitted that she cared for another in the same gender. His pride in shambles, James had to find a way in making sure his curse will be final and Annie Apple suffers the consequences of her sinful ways. He growled then walked off with brothers close behind him, leaving the fire to burn out.

Annie turned seeing the brothers leave the bonfire. She sighed still feeling the last traces of adrenaline leave her system.

"Why?" Annie blinked then stopped in her walking. She looked down to see Diamond looking up at her. "Why did you do it?"

Annie blinked again then made a gentle smile at her. "I couldn't let them hurt you Diamond. You're special."

Diamond sniffed wiping her eyes. "But ... you don't like me." She whispered, almost like a child. Annie sighed.

"Actually, I was scared to like." Annie said soothingly. "But if it weren't for Tinker, Velvet, and Constance I probably will continue to fear it."

"Fear what?" Diamond asked curiously.

Annie licked her lips then placed a gentle caring kiss on Diamond's bruised forehead. Diamond blinked looking up at her with shock as tears began to well up again in her eyes.

"If Epona lead me to you, to make you a happy woman again, then I shouldn't be afraid anymore." Diamond shook her head smiling as she started to cry in happiness. Annie readjusted her grip on Diamond as she turned to home. Home, funny that the word never fit the place before. But now, Annie might have finally accepted this place as home after all.

Author's Note:

Here is Chapter 12. The chapter name was from the lyrics off a song by Big & Rich called Holy Water. The theme and words of the song worked well for this chapter. And I call this the end of the huge battle within Annie. Now we'll be seeing more bad ass moments when Annie's around now.

So what did you guys think? Was this epic or what? I got excited when I started writing the last part of the chapter. Because it's just one of the most epic parts I have ever written in a long while. What about the first part? Was that juicy enough for you guys or was I going a little too strong? :twilightoops: I was a touch nervous but I did put the Sex tag for a reason so I think It might be alright. Did you guys figure out who Constance is related to? How about Minister James Temple? Here's a hint: Who's our favorite teacher in Ponyville? And who is our favorite stallion with little words? :raritywink:

Alright Chapter 13 is, for sure, when you'll finally get to meet Fluttershy's ancestor. If you see any mistakes please let me know and I'll fix them.