• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,672 Views, 216 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: Just Another Wild West Story - TigerSwirl448



An Apple Scratch Sisters side-story. Melody Liker (Vinyl's ancestor) and her sister Annabelle "Annie" Apple (AJ's ancestor) left their home of Manehattan to live their dreams in the boom town of Frontier City.

  • ...
10
 216
 1,672

Ch. 14: Surprising Surprises

Chapter 14

Surprising Surprises

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>


Since Darius and Mac were gone, I suddenly took charge and no one seemed to object to that change. At least I hoped not. Lucky was sad about the story about Darius and Mac's deaths. I let Dash do the talking, he's better at lying than me. But the look on Kim's face though, I knew that she knew something wasn't right. Unlike Lucky, Kim was really smart.

As for the girl, I knew I couldn’t leave her out in the desert to die. Before we left, Dash asked for a moment alone with the dead woman. I allowed him but I told him that we had to hurry. Dash flew back to the train then went inside the cart. He carried out the dead woman and found a place to cover her in dirt and stones for her grave. We waited for a bit for him to say his farewells then he flew back to us. He stayed in beside me as we headed back to the stakeout point.

That night we were seated in silence. Dash was super silent than normal. I asked him some questions about the woman. He answered all he could before he started breaking down and asked to be left alone for a bit. He stood up and headed somewhere to be alone. Poor guy. When Dash returned I could tell he was crying, he sat down next to me looking at the girl as she slept against me. He smiled a touch stroking the girl's head.

"She looks just like her mom." He said sadly. I smiled at him and patted his shoulder. He smiled in return, saying he won't know what she would have named the girl.

The next morning we packed up our gear and headed home. During the ride the girl would look at Dash as he would make funny faces at her causing her to laugh. During the slow ride a strange thing happened. A butterfly, not native to this part of the country flew to the girl and landed on her arm, the girl smiled pointing at the butterfly saying several words in the buffalo tongue. I smiled then noticed Dash staring at the butterfly with sadness. The butterfly flew away as the girl whined, wanting the butterfly to stay.

"Butterfly,"

"Huh?" I asked seeing Dash smile sadly at the girl.

"Butterfly. That was her mothers’ name. She loved butterflies." He said smiling.

I looked at the girl to see her leaning back into me, getting sleepy. I smiled and stroked her pink hair, she seemed to like that as she started to doze off.

"Butterfly then." I said to see Dash looked at me strangely. "Why not we call her Butterfly?"

Dash smiled and nodded. "Sure. That way we have a name for her." I nodded to him and smiled, I guess this trip wasn't as horrible as I first thought.

As we neared the canyon we noticed heavy storm clouds coming from the mountains. We all suit up in our rain slicker coats and made sure all the things that were ruined while wet in bags and made sure our pack were covered. After pulling on my slicker I mounted Twilight as Dash helped Butterfly into the saddle in front of me. I pulled Butterfly closer to me as I wrapped my slicker around her to keep her dry. Poor dear needs better clothes when we get back home. I unbuttoned the middle buttons so she could look out.

As we rode over the bridge the rain started pouring hard on top of us. I could hear the big pats on my hat as we rode. Twilight seemed to enjoy the rain, she would whinny and shake her head causing Butterfly to laugh clapping her hands. When thunder struck though poor Butterfly squeaked and hugged me afraid. I rubbed her back with my hand telling her it was fine. She seemed to calm down by the sound of my voice.

When we finally reached Frontier City, things were very gloomy and sad. The rain just continued to pour and the thunder boomed far into the mountains. When we approach we stopped seeing a group of people walking in a straight line to an area I did not recognize. The four of us were confused seeing this. But what made it weirder was that they were dressed in black clothes. At first I thought they were the Brothers and Sisters of the Church but then I started thinking more. They were crying and sad. Dash's horse stood by Twilight and I as we watched the procession walk past us.

"A funeral?" Dash asked curiously. I shrugged in response. I nudged Twilight forward in a slow walk as we joined the line to see what was going on. As soon as we reached the end of the march we were at an area that was being made into a graveyard of the town. I didn’t realize there was a grave yard here and already I could count fifteen headstones already. So this was relatively new.

Us four stood at the very back as we saw the four men lower a large wooden casket into the ground. Speaking was Preacher Mathis. As I listened to his words, filled with sadness and grief it made me wonder who this person was.

"Hey, Annie." I turned to see it was Melody dressed in her slicker coat and bowler hat. She looked very nice and clean for the first time in a while. "How did it go?" She asked standing by us.

I told her that I had to explain things later and then Butterfly popped her head out from the coat, causing Melody to stare with shock. I said that I would tell her later again and gave her a glare. She nodded then turned back to the funeral. That was when I asked silently who died and was it someone we knew. Melody shrugged. She said the one name that made me stare in shock.

"Amos is dead?" I squeaked in shock. Don’t get me wrong, I disliked that man but it came as a shock. "How?" I asked. The others were quite surprised too as they looked at one another.

Melody shrugged. "Some trapper came by to trade and they found the big guy half eaten by a bear in the forest. They brought him here since we were the closest town. I didn't see him but I heard that it was hard to figure out if it was him or not until Velvet pointed out his wedding ring."

I was in shock. I knew Amos to be strong and big, hell I bet even bears were scared of him. So Amos was killed by a bear, poor man. I would never want that type of death to be put on any man, not one like that. I asked Melody how Velvet was taking it. At this though Melody shrugged. She said she didn't know if Velvet was alright or not. She had been following the stupid protocol from the Church of the Gods.

I groaned at that and asked why. Melody answered that Amos was one of them. He joined in when they came to town and he was known as a brother to them. So according to their traditions, a widow must be in mourning for half a year. Even though Velvet does not believe in the church's ways she still had to go through with it since she was his wife. Stupid, but I couldn't just say that at a funeral with so many people there. I kept my mouth shut.

When the funeral was over, I went back to the Sweetie Belle and tethered Twilight at the post with the others. We all went inside, Butterfly was hiding behind me holding my hand and my wet coat. It was so good to be home.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

"Annie!" Berry called from the bar. Annie smiled waving back, walking over. "Man you've been gone forever!" Annie smiled tipping her soggy hat.

"Yeah big jobs. Say you have any drinks to wet the whistle and something warm to eat?" Annie asked. Berry chuckled.

"Great Epona alive, you sound a lot different. What changed?" Annie shrugged as she took a seat, Dash helped Butterfly on a stool next to Annie. The girl was looking around the massive room in awe. Berry was surprised to see the girl.

"Uh who's that?"

"That is Butterfly." Dash said smiling, tickling the girl under her chin causing her to giggle adorably. "Annie saved her from a life of slavery."

"Really?" Berry asked in shock as she started to smile. "Wow, you're one lucky duck, kid." Butterfly looked at Berry in confusion. "What's wrong can't you talk?"

"She can," Annie said worriedly. "But she can't speak Equestrian. At least not yet."

Berry blinked. "Wow," After a moment Berry took their drink orders and handed them their drinks, then she got bowls of spicy gumbo ready for them, even a bowl for Butterfly to try. "Here you go, sausage gumbo, with the perfect spice blend to warm you up!"

Everyone dug into their gumbo enjoying the taste and sure enough it did warm them up. Annie turned to see Butterfly looking at her bowl then up at Annie. Annie took Butterfly's hand and placed the spoon in her hand. She shown Butterfly how to use the spoon to scoop up the food. Butterfly swallowed hard for a second then lightly scooped up some of the gumbo into her spoon then slurped the broth into her mouth then blinked her eyes and licked her lips, smiling. Dash and Berry were smiling seeing Butterfly carefully scoop more of the soup slurping the broth down.

"I say she likes it," Berry said with pride. Dash and Annie laughed at that.

After they had their fill, the doors opened as people were returning from the funeral. Annie turned to see Melody leading the pack of soggy people inside. Berry chuckled.

"Soup's on everybody. Come and get in line for some warm gumbo and some drinks!" She called. Everyone that wanted some food and refreshments made a line at the bar as Berry ladled some gumbo and handed the bowls to the customers getting two silver coins as payment. Soon the whole place was filled with wet souls eating their fill. Melody stood by Annie and cleared her throat pointing to the stairwell door. Annie nodded taking a quick drink of her whiskey before leaping off her stool. Butterfly called out stopping her. Butterfly leaped off her stool to run after Annie grabbing her hand. Annie winced then turned to Melody. Melody gave her a look.

"She's gonna be with me for a while. She doesn't trust anyone but me right now." Annie said quickly. Melody blinked then sighed.

"Well tell her that we're just gonna be right over there." Melody said pointing to the stairwell. Annie looked down at Butterfly to see her look up at her. Annie swallowed then knelt down.

"Stay here," She said slowly patting the stool. "Stay," She said. She grabbed Butterfly from under her arms and lift her up and placed her on the stool. "Stay here." She repeated. "Eat." She said indicating the bowl. Butterfly blinked at the order looking at the bowl then at Annie. She turned around and went back to eating. Annie blinked in surprise, Butterfly understood that?

Annie walked over to Melody, she turned to see Butterfly watching her curiously. Annie smiled and waved. "Go on and eat. Eat." She said, Butterfly smiled then turned back to her bowl. Annie smiled, Butterfly understood the word "Eat."

Annie stood with Melody. "What happened?" Melody asked. Annie began to tell Melody what had happened. Everything from the realization that they were train robbers, Darius and Mac's second job as slavers, and then the fact that she and Dash killed four people.

"What?" Melody gasped, closing her mouth seeing people too busy chatting to hear her outburst. "What?" She whispered. "How? Why?"

"Melody, they were trying to kill me for knowing too much!" Annie whispered.

Melody gulped rubbing her chin thinking.

"Melody?"

“Hmm?" She asked seeing Annie's glare. "What?"

"Did you know about this?"

Melody stared at her with a glare. "Hell no! Annie, I didn't know that Skytalon's top hired guns were hit men or robbers. I would never have joined this even for the money." Annie looked into Melody's eyes for a moment to see if she was lying to her. After a moment Annie turned away, Melody was telling the truth. Melody sighed rubbing her face.

"So, Darius and Mac are dead. Now what?" She asked worriedly. Annie shook her head with worry.

"I don't know. Since Dash was with me, he helped out in making the story believable. I think Lucky is okay with it, but Kim ..." Annie turned to see Kim checking her revolver, blowing into an empty hole of the wheel then spun the wheel, pushing it back into the revolver hearing it snap to a stop. "She's not very happy."

Melody turned to see Kim glaring at Dash as he was talking to Berry. "Yeah I have been noticing that she has an attitude." She said. "Especially with Dash. I thought she and Dash were fine."

Annie shrugged. "I think Dash was blowing off air. I don't think Kim enjoys it much. She confronted me on the first job that I was sleeping with Dash." Melody snorted then laughed into her hand. Annie glared at her. "I'm serious Melody!"

"I'm sorry." She said giggling. "It's funny thinking that you two are a couple." Melody continued to snicker and snort as Annie blushed.

"Hey! Just because we have been seeing eye to eye doesn't mean I like him romantically. Besides I have Diamond now."

"Oh really?" Melody asked smiling sweetly at her sister. "Tell me sister, have you ever given Diamond the presentation yet?" Melody asked smirking seeing Annie go blank.

"Huh?"

"You know, taking her into the bed room, play some smack with her," Suddenly Annie's cheeks went apple red.

"What?! No! I-I mean, no I haven't really thought of that yet. So much has happened you know." Melody frowned a touch.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to tease you. I thought you two got it going that night." Melody said smiling. Annie shook her head.

"No, she wanted me to sleep with her that night because … well you know." Annie said sadly.

Melody nodded with a sad smile. "Yeah, she does seem to be doing better. Quicker than I would have thought possible."

"Anyway, after all that," Annie started scratching her head.

"What about the girl?" Melody asked pointing to Butterfly. Annie turned to her.

"Remember those buffalo people I mentioned?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, they flat out abandoned her." Annie said with sadness. "Poor girl. She just lost her mother in that hell car and then lost the only ones she called her family. I guess the tribe didn't care for them and didn't want anything to do with her." Melody stuck her hands into her trousers pockets looking down at the floor.

"So you decided to take her in?"

Annie nodded. "Of course. I can't leave a child out there in the desert." Melody smirked patting Annie on the back.

"You did good Annie." After a moment Melody smirked. "How many more strays are you going to bring in?"

Annie glared playfully at her as she shoved her away. "I don’t do that."

"Oh come on, you're like a magnet for people that are down on their luck to meet. First it was that horse, then you got close with Tinker, then Dash, Velvet, Diamond. Pretty soon you'll adopt the whole town!"

Annie blushed rubbing the back of her neck chuckling. Melody sighed smiling. "That is what's great about you, Annie. Never forget that."

"Forget what?"

Melody had this sad look in her eyes as she wrapped her arm around Annie in a one sided hug. "Just keep doing what makes you who you are, got it? Because believe me Annie, I lost myself a long time ago and I always wondered how you could be who you are without changing."

Annie blushed at that. "Gosh Melody, you're making me blush."

"That's what sisters are for." She said smiling. "Now if you'll excuse me, there is a lovely pianist I must woo." Melody said smiling, turning to see Rose standing on the stage looking around. Annie noticed then blinked seeing Rose turn to them. Annie watched as Rose smiled a sly seductive smile and waved her finger for Melody to follow her back stage. Melody chuckled making sure her hat was cocked right on her head and checked her jacket. She had one last thought, turning back to her sister.

"Oh, one last thing Annie,"

"What?" Annie asked still shocked at what she just witnessed.

"I think Diamond really missed you. I think she said she was taking Velvet back to her shop." Annie nodded understanding the hint and the knowing smile on Melody’s face.

"Yeah, I'll go and find her and have a chat with her. There are things I want to tell her anyway." Melody frowned seeing the sad look on her face.

"See you later, alright." Annie nodded thinking as she watched Melody leap up on stage and run backstage. She shook her head chuckling.

"Well, who would have thought?" Annie whispered before chuckling. She turned to Butterfly and couldn't help but sigh. She walked over to the bar, Butterfly waved her hand smiling as Annie grinned back.

"How does that taste hmm?" Annie asked. "Yum, yum?" Annie asked. Butterfly heard the words and nodded.

"Mm-hmm!" She said smiling. Annie chuckled ruffling her dirty pink hair.

"Hey Berry." Annie called. Berry turned to her smiling. "Do you mind keeping an eye on Butterfly for me?"

"Um sure, where are you going?" Berry asked a little nervously. Annie smiled.

"I'm off to go find Diamond and speak with her. Melody mentioned that she went with Velvet back to her shop. I'll be back soon." Berry nodded.

"I guess I can keep an eye on her for you. Don’t take too long." Berry said with worry again looking at the girl then at Annie. Annie smiled thankfully at the bartender.

"Thank you, I'll be back soon." Annie placed her hand on Butterfly's shoulder. Butterfly looked up at her smiling.

"I'll be back soon. Okay?" She said smiling. Butterfly blinked trying to process what Annie just said. "I'll be back." Annie said as she thanked Berry. She patted Dash on the back winking at him before heading for the doors back into the downpour. Dash turned back to Butterfly to see her watch Annie leave. Dash patted her shoulder then made a silly face causing her to giggle.

As Annie stepped out, thunder rolled faintly in the distance. She fixed her coat and winced holding her shoulder. She let out a small whine feeling the pain in her shoulder wound. Kim did help treat it, but she said it was a patch job at best. She knew it would be painful but was it supposed to be this painful after two days of riding in the sun and rain?

"Probably not." Annie groaned, rubbing her shoulder with her hand as she walked through the rain down Main Street to Velvet's shop. She marched up the steps to the doors and tried to pull the handle but it didn't budge. She blinked at that surprised. Surprised enough to try and pull the door again, but to no avail. The door was locked. Annie peeked into the windows to see the store empty. Lighting flashed to reveal inside for her to see. No one was inside. Then Annie noticed the back door behind the counter, she could see it cracked open with a light pouring from the inside.

"Huh, they might be inside." Annie thought out loud as she stepped down the stoop rubbing her shoulder as she walked to the side door. Annie stopped to look over to see that Twilight’s stall was gone. All that was left was the straw and the dirt square where the small building was. Amos must have torn it down after Annie took Twilight away. Annie sighed then walked to the side door. She reached for the knob and pulled the door and it actually opened.

Annie stepped into the store and closed the door behind her. She sighed then stiffened hearing sounds. She was confused by the sounds she heard, they were muffled from inside the back room. Annie walked silently towards the door, hearing the muffled sounds a touch louder. She gulped reaching her hand to the door and winced silently holding her shoulder. She has to find the doctor and get that fixed and soon. She reached with her other hand instead and pushed the door opened.

What she saw inside made her jaw fall to the floor. The interior was a small room, the house inside the store with a bed, table and chairs, a small wood fed stove and a small chest of drawers. And laying on the bed were two people. One was Velvet, on her back kissing someone on top of her. Annie couldn't speak, she was in stunned silence. Velvet was almost out of her clothes as the one on top of her was a man and he was shirtless.

Suddenly Velvet opened her eyes by chance and froze, her eyes went into terrified fear seeing Annie. She grabbed the man's hand to stop him from somewhere between their bodies.

"What?" He asked in all too familiar voice. That was when the man turned then made that well known smirk.

"Hey Apple, care for a threesome?"

Annie finally blinked out of her shock and shook her head. "Kicker?”

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody opened her eyes staring at the wooden ceiling above her bed. She sighed thinking deeply over the last thirty minutes. She could hear the thunder boom outside and the walking of boots above in the upper floors. She bit her lip trying to make plans. Ever since learning about her old boss being the owner of Frontier City things have been difficult. She has to get the gold from the secret mine out of town and someplace where she can bury it and retrieve it later.

She sighed loudly without thinking. She felt movement beside her and turned to see Rose open her eye looking at her. Melody winked at her, Rose smiled as she flipped over inside the bed sheets to cuddle next to Melody, pressing her face into her neck smiling. Melody smiled stroking her hair as her smile slowly turned into a concerned frown. She looked at the wall thinking and wondering what will happen when Reginald does come to town? What if he recognizes Melody? What will happen to Annie or Rose in this whole thing?

Annie!

"Dammit." Melody whispered.

"What’s wrong?" Rose whispered sleepily her eyes still closed. Melody winced as she returned to stroking Rose's hair.

"Nothing's wrong." Melody whispered a little too fast. Rose opened her eyes to look up at her.

"Melody, if there is something wrong, please tell me." After a moment of worried silence Rose swallowed turning away. "Was it something I did?" Melody gasped sitting up.

"No!" She said quickly causing Rose to smile at touch. "No, don’t you ever think that." Melody said strongly taking her hand into hers. "No, it's nothing about you ..." She paused thinking. "It's just that I'm struggling with stuff right now."

Rose sat up pulling the blanket around her covering herself. She noticed that Melody was still wearing her shirt from earlier. Rose smiled reaching over to button up two buttons to keep her shirt on and covered her chest. Melody blushed at that.

"You can tell me anything you know." Rose said a little cross. "I know you are worried about something Melody, will you ever tell me you're problems?" Melody blushed a deeper red seeing Rose's stern gaze on her. "I mean, I tell you everything when I'm upset, why can't I return the favor with you?" She asked with a pout.

Melody bit her lip thinking. But all her thoughts lead to the same conclusion, do not tell anyone about this problem. It will cause nothing but hurt and confusion. She can't just tell Rose that she used to work for her brother who practically made her life a living hell for existing. But she also can't risk worrying her either. She can't risk hurting Rose more. She took her hands and kissed them smiling at her. She stroked her chin seeing Rose smile at her.

"One day, I will tell you. But right now, I'm so sure." Rose frowned at that.

"Why not? Melody I can help you." She said glaring at her.

Melody opened her mouth then closed it, thinking before speaking. She sighed shaking her head. "No, you can't help me in this predicament Rose. But, I promise you," She whispered, cupping Rose's cheek, leaning closer to her. "I will tell you when I feel like it's time. Alright?"

Rose sighed turning away. "What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing that concerns you." Melody whispered softly before kissing her cheek. Rose turned to her to see Melody smile at her. "I'll tell you, just not yet." Rose laid back into the bed, smiling as Melody loomed over her. "But first, I want you to sing my name."

Rose blushed smiling. "You sure can be very forward, Melody Liker." She purred.

Melody winked. "I was told that many times before." Melody leaned in for a kiss as Rose wrapped her arms around her and her legs wrapped around her waist.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Annie sat at the table drumming her fingers on the table top as Ace Kicker, now dressed with his shirt, was checking his revolver and cleaning it with cloth and oil. Annie turned to see Velvet busy putting a pot of water to boil for tea. Annie turned back to Ace as he spat into his gun and used the cloth to polish the metal to a dull shine.

"So?" Annie began. Kicker looked up snapping the wheel back into the gun.

"So," He said in return watching Annie with worry as she scrutinized him. Annie stood up.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you know how worried you made us here? Not just me or Melody for that matter but Tinker was always wondering where you were when the storms came."

Ace sighed setting down his gun and the cloth as he leaned forward on his crossed arms on the table. He looked to Velvet to see her watch him warily.

"Um, Velvet do you mind if I have a moment alone with Annie for a bit?" Annie quirked her brow at that. Velvet nodded and stepped out of the room fixing her blouse. Once she was gone, Ace rubbed her face with his hands looking between his fingers as Annie waited for an explanation.

"I haven't told Velvet yet on things. It just happened." He said with a shrug but the scrutinized glare he got from Annie made him flinch. "Alright, alright, don’t give me those eyes. You're like a god of truth or something." Annie snorted rolling her eyes.

"The truth Kicker." Annie said strongly giving Ace pause, looking her up and down curiously.

"You seem different since I last saw you. What changed?"

"A lot, now start talking." She ordered.

Ace chuckled then nodded. "I know when I'm beat." He sighed with annoyance then quickly told Annie about his job and how it affected his life. The same thing he told Melody months prior. Annie was amazed by the story.

"So, how did you and Velvet get in bed, hmm?" Annie asked with a quirked brow.

Ace rubbed his temples with a shameful blush on his face. He looked to the door then leaned into the table to speak in a whisper to Annie.

"Look, I came back from my ... vacation and went to Velvet to say hello. One thing led to another then the next thing I knew you were at the door staring at us." Annie glared at him for a long moment then turned away.

"There's more of this isn't there?" Annie said in whisper glaring at him. "You're hiding something." Ace gulped turning away. "Ace?"

Ace looked into her eyes then felt his shield cracking under her hard stare. He growled turning away. "I was going to wait and tell both you and Melody about what happened."

"What happened?" Annie asked curiously. Ace looked to the door again.

"First, have you heard about what happened to Amos?" He asked.

Annie blinked with a shrug. "Rumor has it that he was mauled by a bear."

Ace nodded with a light smirk on his face. "That's the story huh?"

Annie frowned staring at him to see his smirk as he leaned back in his chair. Suddenly an idea popped up and made her mouth drop open. Ace blinked turning away rubbing his chin.

"You .... No." Annie whispered seeing Ace wink at her.

"I did."

"How-" Ace shushed her harshly looking to the door.

"Keep it down, I haven't told Velvet yet." He whispered.

"Tell her? You killed Amos!?" She whispered looking at him with shock.

Kicker rubbed his face with annoyance. He stood up then pulled back his buttoned up shirt to reveal his wrapped midsection. Annie could see a slight stain of dried blood on the bandages.

"I almost lost my life to blood loss out in the mountains. And it was fucking worth it!" He said smiling. He buttoned up his shirt afterwards to see Anne's mouth dropped open again.

"How," Before she could ask more the door opened and Velvet came into the room smiling. Ace's glare was replaced with a smile. Annie turned to Velvet to see her actually smiling back. A true happy smile, the first one Annie had seen in a long time.

"Hope I didn't interrupt anything."

Ace shook his head. "Nothing of the sorts. Just having a friendly chat." He said smiling before he got a slight slap in the back of the head by Velvet. This surprised Annie. Ace chuckled scratching his head as she walked to the tea kettle just as it started to whistle.

Ace turned back to Annie with a hard look. "We'll talk more about this later." Annie nodded.

"I'll be expecting that talk."

"Get Melody to come. I want to talk to her too." He turned to smile at Velvet as she set a small cup of warm tea before him.

"Do you want some tea, Annie?" Velvet asked. Annie shook her head.

"No thank you Velvet. I better get going." Annie stood up reaching for her hat hanging on a hook by the door. Before she left she gasped remembering why she came to the shop in the first place. "Velvet?"

"Yes?"

"Wasn't Diamond with you?"

Velvet nodded. "Oh yes, we met up with Ace and she went on some errands before returning to the Sweetie Belle."

"Ah, alright." Annie stopped at the door to look at Ace to see him watching her. "Until later, maybe Melody and I can treat you to drinks at the bar?"

Ace nodded. "That will be nice. Maybe tonight?"

Annie nodded. "Yeah, see you there." Annie headed for the door but paused to watch Ace take Velvet's hand and smile at her. A genuine happy smile and Velvet was returning that smile, biting her lip. Annie sighed shaking her head. The next six months are going to be tough on them with the church on top of Velvet. Annie closed the door then headed out of the shop. The rain had lightened up since then, but she couldn't stop the bugging feeling that something was going to happen, something bad.

As she walked she could see everybody walking in sadness from the funeral and from the weather. It reminded Annie of the time her mother passed, it seemed like the heavens were crying for her passing. The rain lasted for a full week nonstop after her mother passed. And that feeling was returning again. Annie went through an alley between two buildings and went to the back. She kept walking towards the hill that overlooked the town. By the time she reached the top, the rain stopped. She sat down on a rock taking off her hat.

She sat there for a long moment rubbing her wet hat. She clenched the wet leather between her hands as she started to cry. All her frustration, anger, fear, even confusion all came out in tears. She didn't know why but ever since she came to this place, she had been more emotional. She didn't know how long she sat there alone, but during that time she opened her eyes hearing the sound of a horse walking over behind her.

"I was told you came up here." A southern voice said causing Annie to smile.

"Who told you that?" Annie asked with a sniff rubbing her face. She heard Diamond dismount her horse as she walked over in a nice dress. She fixed her skirt and sat down on the hard rock seat next to Annie.

"Well I returned to the Sweetie Belle and saw Mr. Dash there with a girl?"

Annie smiled sadly looking down at the grass. "Things happened." She whispered. Diamond frowned hearing the shame in Annie's voice.

"What happened?" She asked with concern. Annie sighed as she dropped her hat to cover her face with her hands shaking her head.

"I had to kill Darius and Mac and two train guards the other day. During the fight, Darius wanted to get rid of me." Annie whispered. Diamond watched her shake her head as her voice began to waver as a new round of tears began to fall. "I was close to having a bullet in my head twice in less than five minutes and the last thing I thought was you." Annie whispered turning to Diamond. Diamond wrapped her arm around Annie leaning into her.

Annie felt Diamond resting her chin on her shoulder and swallowed. She lifted up Diamond's chin surprising her. Annie could see the beauty on her face and her eyes sparkling. Diamond could see the desperation in Annie's green eyes and the tears drying on her cheeks. Annie leaned forward and pressed her lips against Diamond's holding her in a deep kiss. Diamond at first was shocked by this sudden turn of events but reluctantly kissed back wrapping her arms around her western hero.

Tinker was walking with Remington to the river when she felt a tingle in her knee. She turned squinting, looking up the hill. She could see two people she recognized and smiled a huge smile seeing Diamond and Annie kissing and holding each other. By the way they were kissing, it was intense and loving at once. Tinker sighed turning to Remington.

"It’s great when two love birds finally find each other, huh Remy?" She asked seeing Remington nod his head with a snort. Tinker then turned again and smiled seeing Diamond and Annie fall to the ground behind the rock so she wouldn't see.

"Nailed it!" She said smiling looking to Remington then frowned. "What do you mean you won the bet? No, I know it. I said Annie would make the move first. You bet that Diamond would. So I won, fair and square, now let’s go and find some stuff in the river." Remington followed his mistress, he turned to hear noises of excited yelling from the hill. He rolled his eyes then continued on the walk.

Author's Note:

At long last, Chapter 14 of JAWWS.

I apologize to those of you waiting forever for this. I was being lazy, I had stuff to do with family, and then I became very ill. But now that I'm better and in writing spirit again I edited this chapter and got it ready for you guys.

So what did you guys think? Did you guys like Butterfly? What did you guys thought about Kicker already "banging" Velvet? I hope that was a fun surprise for you guys. I had fun writing that. :rainbowlaugh: Also, at long last we finally have a true RariJack moment! This won't be the last though. I'm working on Chapter 15 now. Hopefully I'll get that out quicker than this one. :twilightblush:

If you see any mistakes please let me know, thanks.