• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,678 Views, 216 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: Just Another Wild West Story - TigerSwirl448



An Apple Scratch Sisters side-story. Melody Liker (Vinyl's ancestor) and her sister Annabelle "Annie" Apple (AJ's ancestor) left their home of Manehattan to live their dreams in the boom town of Frontier City.

  • ...
10
 216
 1,678

Ch. 10: Mysteries

Chapter 10

Mysteries

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>


Melody was knocked out courtesy of Dash's actions. It was thanks to him that Melody didn't suffer on our way back to the camp. Once we reached camp, Kim went straight to action. She claimed that even though she was trained to fix teeth, she was still a doctor with medical training. I could care less if she had training or not, as long as she could fix Melody, I'll be happy. Melody woke up during the cleanup, she was covered in nicks and scratches and bruises from her fall. The first thing she asked was where her hat was. I placed it on her head telling her I found it on our way back to camp. She was in pain throughout dinner.

When we all went to sleep, I sat by Melody the whole night, watching her sleep with difficulty. Kim told me that she definitely broke a rib since it was difficult for her to breathe. She fractured her arm and sprained her shoulder. All covered in bruises and deep scratches from the rocks from the desert floor. As I sat there in the firelight, seeing everyone asleep, I just couldn't get my mind out of it. I tried to kill a man. A man that threw Melody out of the train and causing her this pain. I remembered the fear and the rage I felt that night. Seeing the image of that man again and again, reaching for me with his giant hands, his face all smashed up, messy, and bloody, grabbing my jacket shaking me, then grabbing my throat-

I woke up from that nightmare many times that night.

The next morning, we all traveled back to Frontier City. Melody was riding in a stretcher we made from logs and a saddle blanket. We strapped the stretcher to my horse and had Fair Breeze on a leash to follow us back. Melody was whimpering and whining throughout the journey back. When it got too much for her, I stopped the horses letting her get comfortable before moving on again. Luckily, Lucky and Dash stayed behind with me to lead me back home.

Home, I never thought I would call Frontier City home. It was weird to call it that, though it had been nothing but misery and such with me. But looking down at Melody, I knew Frontier City was home for her and for me it was enough.

It took us a full day to get to the canyon, then we made camp for that night. Melody moaned in pain the whole time. Dash asked if I wanted him to whack Melody again, I told him that she had endured enough.

At dawn, I woke the others and got packing. We got through Epona Canyon in record time. As we walked, Lucky told me about the paths and tunnels Epona Canyon had and three paths that lead to what she called Gorge Bridge. The same rock bridge we cross just to get back to the canyon. I asked her more about the area outside of the canyon, Lucky said that past the desert there are greener pastures to a lumber town called Vanhoover up north. She said that the place is the greenest and pleasurable place in the Griffin Kingdom. And it was said the area is the most fertile area there, farms and cattle ranching was a growing market there.

That gave me an idea. A new place to roam and finally get the farm I dreamed of. Maybe plant a tiny orchard of maybe twenty-five trees, have an area blocked off for cattle ranching, maybe build a large barn and have a horse or two. Just thinking of horses got me thinking about Twilight back in Tinker's care, wondering how she was doing with Tinker. With the feed, no doubt Twilight is getting fat and full. And then I had thoughts about Velvet, I hoped she was doing well.

When we finally reached the Celestial River, Sisal and his Eponians took us to the other shore. Sisal gave Melody a tip of his hat with a smile. Melody winked at him in return as we left for the city. Lucky went off to go talk to Skytalon, Dash left to go find a doctor, and I lead the horses all the way to the Sweetie Belle.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Annie went through the doors surprising everyone in the tavern. Everyone saw the bandaged Melody in Annie's arms groaning. Annie sighed then turned to see Berry looking at her with shock.

"Doctor coming to give her a checkup." Annie said seeing Berry nod. Berry left the bar and headed for the private door under the stairs. Annie walked over then slipped through the doorway to the basement. Berry closed the door behind her. She looked up on stage to see Rose looking frightful at the last sight of the injured Titanian.

Annie went down the stairs fast, slipping once or twice before reaching the bottom. A door opened next to her. Diamond gasped watching Annie run past her room.

"Annie?" Diamond asked with shock.

Annie kicked Melody's door open and took Melody straight to her bed. Diamond ran over and gasped seeing Melody being placed in her bed, groaning in pain.

"Great Titania what happened?" Diamond gasped. Annie turned to her with a blush.

"Melody got thrown off a train." Annie answered as she stroked Melody's face, brushing her hair off her face.

"Oh my!" Diamond exclaimed covering her mouth in shock. There was a commotion on the stairs as Berry ran in then waved to someone outside.

"Here, this is her room." Berry stepped back as two men walked in. One was Dash and the other man was an elder man with a large black bag. Diamond stepped aside letting the old doctor through.

"Master Dash, here had told me what had occurred. How is she?" He asked looking down at Melody as she opened her eyes looking up at him.

"Hurt'n!" Melody grunted squeezing her eyes shut. "Everywhere!"

He nodded looking at her for a long moment. "Hmm, someone had cleaned your wounds, hmm?"

"Yes sir." Annie said quickly with worry. The man looked at her then sighed.

"If you don't mind, I'll take a look at her bandaged limbs and fit better bandages."

Annie nodded. "Anything to get her better."

The man winced but nodded. "Of course,"

He walked over to Melody's left arm and started undoing the bindings. Melody yelped out a few instances when he tugged too hard or bumped into her arm. Annie stood at the foot of Melody’s bed watching her with worry. As the doctor started his examination, Annie was biting her knuckle to keep from crying out. Diamond and Dash walked over to her.

"Hey Apple," Dash said gently. "Come on, you've suffered enough."

Annie shook her head. "But I should stay here,"

"Sugar," Diamond whispered causing Annie to stiffen. She felt a finger on her chin and was turned to Diamond's face. Her eyes were gentle and sad. "You look terrible. Come, Mister ... Um," Diamond paused looking at Dash.

"Dash, Rocket Dash." Dash said tipping his hat to her.

"Ah yes, Mr. Dash. Anyway, Mr. Dash is right, sugar. You need rest. Let the doctor do his work." Annie swallowed then turned to see Melody squeezing her eyes shut, biting her lip as the doctor bent her arm. Dash took Annie by her arms then pulled her away with Diamond pushing Annie from behind.

"Mel-" Annie started. Melody opened her eyes seeing Annie on the verge of crying.

"Go on," Melody said. She grunted with a little whimper. "I'm fine!" She cried out. "I've been through worse." Annie gave her one last look before Dash pulled her out of the room. Diamond closed the door behind her as Annie groaned and leaning against the wall, covering her face with her dirty hands. Diamond took her by her arm and lead her across the way to Annie's room.

"Mr. Dash, would you mind going upstairs and tell Berry to ask the cleaning girl, Wendy to bring down a tub, please."

"Um," Dash started then nodded. "Sure, be back." He ran out of the room then up the stairs.

Diamond closed the door turning to Annie to see her walk numbly to her bed and sat down with her back to her. Diamond walked over then sat down next to her. She turned to Annie to see her turn away from her. Diamond reached up to her hat and pulled it off. Annie then started to sniff and shake, clenching the bed liner with her hands. Diamond reached up to Annie's head then stroked her fingers into Annie's hair. She looked at the brown hair tie then started undoing it. Annie stiffened then turned to Diamond to see her inches from her face. Diamond stared into Annie's eyes to see them bloodshot and glassy with tears.

"What happened?" Diamond asked. Annie blinked once, looking down at her hand, holding it up. Diamond could see the dirt on her hand and in Annie's fingernails was a blackish brown substance that wasn't mud or dirt. She looked at Annie to see her in tears.

"I ... I killed a man." She whispered sniffling. "With my bare hands."

Diamond's mouth dropped open. Annie broke down covering her face with her hands. Diamond blinked for a moment, processing the words she heard from this woman's mouth. This gentle giant of a woman, who blushes at the mere thought of Diamond’s occupation, killed a man? And now seeing her, sniveling like a frightened little girl, scared Diamond. This poor girl didn't ask to do this right? Diamond reached over wrapping her arms around Annie pulling her to her. Shushing her softly, stroking her hair, pulling Annie to her chest.

"Now, now, sugar." She whispered as Annie continued to cry. "It's all over now." Annie didn't care where she was or what happened, she wrapped her arms around Diamond, crying some more. All the fear, stress, and anger were now flushing away in tears. There was a knock on the door then it opened. Dash walked over with a young woman carrying an empty metal tub and set it in the room. The woman bobbed her head to Diamond.

"I'm having Berry heat up some water." The girl said.

“Oh thank you, Wendy. I will also like my usual cleaning kit please.” The girl, Wendy nodded, smiling.

“Be back soon.” She said cheerfully. Diamond nodded watching Wendy leave the room then she turned to Dash.

"Mr. Dash, you are welcome to stay at the bar. I'm sure you deserve some food in your stomach from your journey."

Dash blushed a touch then tipped his hat. "Thank you, ma'am." He turned to Annie licking his lips, thinking. "Apple," Annie sniffed looking over at him. She nodded once to him. Dash smiled a touch. "Hope Melody gets better soon. I'm gonna get something to eat then find Kim."

Annie nodded again turning back around. Diamond pulled her head back down to her chest stroking her hair. Wendy returned with the items even towels. Wendy saw Diamond winking at her. Wendy nodded then left the room. Dash sighed then left the room after her, closing the door behind him. Diamond sighed then gently lifted up Annie’s face from her chest so she could get another look at her. Her eyes were red and puffy from the tears, the poor dear looked horrible. Diamond smiled gently at her as if motherly, stroking Annie's face.

"Now Sugar, I believe you have to get cleaned up. You don't want all that horrible disgusting dirt all over you."

Annie blinked. "Huh?" She blubbered sniffling as she wiped her eyes with her sleeve of her jacket. Diamond stopped her then sighed.

"Well, get up, Sugar." Diamond said standing up.

"Huh, what?" Annie asked surprised as Diamond grabbed her hands and pulled up on her feet.

"Get up and get undressed."

"What?!" Annie gasped her face red with a blush, her tears were long gone. Diamond gave her a look.

"You are filthy!" She said with distaste. "And not to mention, you have lice in your hair." Annie's hands went up to her head blushing seeing Diamond's scrutinized look.

"Well I um ..." Annie began lamely, feeling like being scolded by her mother.

"And you know me sugar, I run a clean place. And also," Diamond said a touch softer seeing Annie looking at her. "You need it." Diamond said softly walking back to Annie looking her up and down. "A good warm bath with soap will clean off all the dust and dirt and not to mention ..." She paused looking at Annie's dirty hands. Annie gulped a touch looking down at her hands again. Diamond quickly slapped them back down so Annie wouldn't look at them again.

The door opened again as Berry and Wendy both carried full buckets of steaming water and dumped them into the tub. After two more trips with buckets of warm water, Berry and Wendy closed the door behind them leaving the two women alone.

"First, boots off." Diamond commanded primly.

Annie gulped and feebly did as she was told. She sat down on the bed to pull off her boots.

"Socks too." Diamond added checking the temperature of the water to make sure it wasn't too hot.

Annie gulped pulling off her smelly well used socks then stuck them in her boots so she wouldn’t lose them. Diamond stood up walking over to Annie to push off her heavy jacket letting the heavy material fall to the floor. Annie gulped as Diamond began to unbutton her shirt. Diamond stopped looking up seeing Annie's eyes were fearful. Diamond rolled her eyes.

"I'm not here to subdue you or force you to do anything, Annie. I'm simply helping you." Annie gulped and nodded slowly as she unbuckled her belt tossing the old leather onto the bed as Diamond continued unbuttoning her shirt. Diamond blushed the instant she found out that Annie wasn't wearing anything underneath her shirt. She cleared her throat, stepping to the side, not letting her mind get the better of her. She walked behind Annie instead as she took the sleeves and pulled off the garment. Annie gulped as she slowly lifted one arm to cover her top half as she slowly pulled off her jeans. Diamond gulped biting her lip looking at the cowgirl's back.

Sweet Horse Gods above, she sure has muscles for a girl her age! She thought to herself quite surprised. She had never met a girl like this before. Diamond then looked down at Annie's behind as the pants dropped to the floor and immediately she was shocked. This girl is truly a sight at the back end but what of the front? Diamond shook her head immediately, closing her eyes tight.

Stop it girl! She scolded herself. You are here to help the girl, not help her into the bed.... Diamond groaned slapping her hand on her forehead to stop the steamy, mental image. Diamond opened one eye to see Annie turning towards her with one arm covering her top and her other hand at the lower portion, hunched over with a beat red face.

At least she's modest with her nakedness. Diamond thought with a small smile. Diamond cleared her throat.

"Um good now, go on into the tub and get all that dirt off of you." Annie nodded slowly turning to the small tub then walked over to it awkwardly. Diamond covered her mouth hiding her amused smile as Annie was trying hard to keep her most important parts covered as she slowly got into the metal tub. She sighed after sitting down in the warm water. She looked over seeing Diamond removing her hand from her mouth placing it under her chin, thinking.

Diamond walked over to the door where Wendy left the items she asked for. She locked the door so no one would stumble into the room unannounced. She turned back to Annie to see her quickly cover her chest with her hands with a blush. Diamond smiled as she walked over.

"Why'd you lock the door?" Annie asked nervously.

"So no one would walk in of course." Diamond said as she got her skirts together then sat down behind Annie onto the wooden floor setting down her objects. A square of lye soap, a brush, a rag, a small tin, and scissors.

"But who would walk in?" Annie asked.

"Unintended company. With me being here is already turning you red as a button and I don't want to pop you if an unannounced guest walked in."

Annie gulped surprised. "Um ... thank you I guess." She said. Suddenly Diamond's hand dunked into the water with the rag surprising Annie with a yelp.

"What?" Diamond asked innocently as she retrieved the rag and wring it out.

"Why'd you do that for?" Annie asked glaring at her.

"It's called bath time, Sugar."

Annie groaned taking the rag from Diamond’s hand. "I can clean myself thank you." She paused then held out her hand. Diamond smirked a touch as she placed the lye soap into Annie's hand. Annie grumbled as she lathered the rag then started cleaning herself. She turned seeing Diamond watching her.

"Uh ... why are you still here?"

Diamond blinked then blushed a touch. "Well I'm here to help you with you lice problem, so when you're done I'll get started on that." Annie nodded once then returned to her cleaning a little uncomfortable having Diamond watching her.

After she was done washing herself and her face, she turned to Diamond then sighed. "Alright what was this thing you were wanting to do?"

Oh, I wish to do many things to you, Sugar. Diamond thought sultry like. She cleared her throat as she stood up from the bed then walked back to Annie, sitting down behind her again.

"Now, I have to clean out those horrific bugs out of your hair." She reached for the tin then started powdering Annie's blonde head.

"What is this stuff?" Annie asked worriedly sneezing.

"It's used to kill off the lice in your head." Diamond said as she stuck her hands into the water behind Annie, she made an evil smirk and rushed her hands over Annie’s bottom cheeks. Annie yelped feeling the touch. Diamond removed her hands quickly then started rubbing the powder in Annie's hair.

"Now dunk forward."

"Huh?" Annie asked before she felt Diamond's hand grab her hair then she pushed Annie into the water. She held her under water for a second or two then pulled her back out hearing Annie spitting and coughing.

"What the hell?" Annie sputtered wiping her eyes with her fingers. She turned to Diamond with a glare then she saw the scissors. Diamond took a bit of Annie's hair then snipped it off.

"Trust me sugar, it's better to give you a haircut now while your hair is still workable. Also it'll be easier to get rid of the lice."

Annie at first was a little hurt by that but sat back letting Diamond do her work. She was doing it without any permission from her anyway so why stop her now? Diamond stroked her fingers through Annie’s hair cutting more making it very short, like a boy’s new haircut.

"There you go, the hard part's over. It'll grow back." Diamond said as she scooped all the dirty lice invested hair and stuck it all into a small sack to be thrown away later. "Now dunk forward." Diamond said raising her hand but Annie learned from last time and did as she was told. She was ready to get back out of the water, but Diamond pushed her back down, ruffling the new hair style letting the loose hairs get into the water. She released Annie letting her back up spitting again.

"Once more with the powder then we're done, sugar." Diamond said as she opened the tin again to do the procedure again. Annie groaned a touch wanting to leave. After the washing again and dunking into the water the last time, Diamond nodded satisfied.

"There we go, sugar. You are cleaned up." Diamond stood up to go and retrieve the towels. "Now as a rule here, and I'll say the same thing to Melody, I expect you two to be clean living here under my roof. Understand?"

"Yes'm." Annie said nodding seeing the serious scowl on Diamond's face.

"Good, at least clean up after you return from your jobs." Diamond walked over with the towel holding to out turning away. "I won’t look, get out and dry yourself off." Annie gave her a quizzical eyebrow as she slowly stood up from the tub. She took the towel and quickly rubbed herself dry keeping her back to Diamond. Diamond sighed disappointed, but she didn't want to over step herself. Diamond took the second towel and placed it over Annie's head to rub her head dry.

"I'll also get your hat cleaned off too. I don’t want to see anymore lice on your head Miss. Apple." Diamond said primly. Annie nodded.

"Yeah, take it." Annie said as she wrapped the towel around her body turning back to Diamond. "Um, thank you for the help I guess." Annie said blushing a touch.

Diamond smiled curling her hair with her finger absently. "Well, you do need the help in some cleanliness."

For a long moment they just stood there looking around the room other than their own eyes.

"Well I better get going then. Oh and um, here." Diamond walked over to the bed then held up the offered clean tailored clothes. Annie blinked seeing the new pair of clothes. It was a button up shirt and trousers with a new pair of socks. Annie took the clothes into her hands.

"I um ... had some time the other day and I made some new clothes for you." Diamond said softly almost shyly. Annie blushed, she swallowed hard looking at the new warm socks. Her eyes went to her boots remembering her other pair were already riddled with holes.

"Wow, thank you Diamond." Annie said starting to smile. "That was nice of you. You didn't have to do this."

Diamond walked over closer to her. "It was my pleasure, I hope they fit. If they're too loose or too tight, let me know would you?" Diamond asked leaning forward to Annie's face. Annie stared into her blue eyes again lost in their gentle embrace.

"O-o-of course." Annie whispered as she stared into her eyes. She swallowed, standing still, unsure what to do. Diamond leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on Annie's cheek. Annie went red again seeing Diamond herself blushing.

"I better go and check on the girls." Diamond said walking to the door. Annie blinked shaking her head turning to watch Diamond opening the door. She paused turning back to her, Annie swallowed again with a small smile.

"See you later then?"

Diamond smiled and nodded. "Yes, see you soon, sugar." Diamond closed the door behind her. Annie sighed dropping the clothes on the bed rubbing her face feeling her towel slowly slide down on her body. She didn't care as she rubbed her cheek then her new haircut. She groaned face palming.

"Damnit, Annie." She cursed shaking her head. She looked down at the clothes feeling sad tears of regret. She turned to the door again. Diamond gave her a very special gift and now Annie had to find someway in repaying her. But how can she beat hand sewn clothes? Annie groaned falling into her bed with her arm over her eyes. Thinking about what to do.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody slowly opened her eyes returning to the wakeful world after hearing something in the room. She opened her eyes only to see fuzziness. Sitting on a chair by her bedside was a large fuzzy blob with black clothes.

"Who're you?" Melody asked squinting trying to see who the intruder was.

"It's Kicker." The voice said. Melody blinked recognizing the voice to truly be Ace Kicker.

"Kicker? Long time." Melody said smiling. "Where are my glasses?" Melody asked looking around. She turned too far and immediately regretted it hissing with a curse holding her shoulder.

"Oh here," Ace said reaching over on the bedside table to hold out the flimsy purple lensed glasses. Melody reached for them then set them on her face and sighed seeing the fuzziness disappear.

"Ah, yes that’s much better." Melody said seeing Ace Kicker now clearly, he looked cleaner, nicer, and he trimmed his messy beard. "You look better." Melody said smiling a touch. He’s sure a handsome devil with that beard. Melody thought. Ace smiled in return.

"Yeah, I have been feeling better."

"That's good." Melody said nodding. The two were silent for a long while. Melody noticed Ace taking a drink from a whiskey bottle.

"So, you look sober enough. Where have you been?" Melody asked curious. For a long while, Ace Kicker disappeared from the townsfolk but sometimes found in Tinker's sleeping. So seeing him now looking cleaner and better since the last time she saw him was a surprise. Ace sighed leaning back in his chair and scratching his shaggy blonde head.

"Well, I just had to leave for a while. Get my head cleared and stuff. I don’t trust myself drunk off my ass in a town like this."

Melody nodded. "Still thinking about Velvet?"

Ace's hand clenched tighter around the bottle, as he turned away. "She never left my mind."

Melody licked her lips seeing the bottle. "Care if I take a swig, I haven't drank anything hard in a while." Ace looked up then smirked handing her the bottle. She took the bottle with her right hand and took a small swig of the drink. She coughed after the bite in her throat. She nodded handing the bottle back to Ace.

"Thanks, that sure wet the whistle."

Ace nodded taking another swig himself with a sigh. "Yep, nothing beats a good drink.”

Melody nodded. "So, how'd you knew I was here in such a state?"

Ace laughed. "I was inside the tavern when Annie carried you off to the basement. A lot of us were worried about you. Glad to see you are doing better than earlier."

Melody nodded. "I guess Lady Luck was on my side. Like she always had." Ace chuckled.

"I didn't know you believe in luck, Liker?"

Melody laughed then groaned holding her chest. "Do I have a choice?" She winced in a joking tone, tears leaking of her eyes from the harsh pain in her body. "Anyway, so where did you go to get away?" Melody asked curiously. Kicker gave her a look then shrugged as he drank another swig of the whiskey.

"Well I own this old cabin about three miles outside of town in the woods. It was built before I ever moved here. I got it rebuilt and fixed up so I could go there whenever I want. So for the last month, I have been there drinking my troubles away and slept until I got over stuff."

Melody looked at him sadly. "Sorry you haven't gotten better."

Kicker smirked at that. "That is nice of you Liker. Really. I have been better, but it'll be a while before I'm back to my charming self." Melody looked at him with a shocked look.

"Wait, you mean you haven't been with a woman in a long while?"

Ace chuckled at her shocked face. "Yep, I haven't been laid in a while. And I won't until I finish something first. Then things will go back to normal." Something about the way Ace said this made Melody stare at him strangely.

"Uh, isn't Skytalon wanting you back to work?"

Ace shrugged. "Sure, but she'll have to wait." he said darkly. Melody gulped.

"What are you thinking?"

Ace returned to his normal self, smiling at Melody with a wink. "None of your business." The two stared at one another until there was a knock at the door. Ace and Melody turned at the opened door to see Rose walking over with a tray in her hands with a bowl and a glass of water.

"I hate to interrupt your conversation, but Deputy Kicker, Diamond wants you to leave." Ace smirked turning to Melody standing up.

"Of course, I have to let her house guest rest, right?" He turned to Melody reaching for his hat that he set on her bed post. He winked at Melody. "Glad to see you awake, Liker. See you soon?"

Melody smiled. "Yeah, thanks for visiting. Stay out of trouble."

Ace chuckled with his trademark grin. "I promise sister, dear." He said laughing as Melody blushed a touch at the nickname. Ace turned to Rose and bowed to her.

"Miss. Rose, good evening."

Rose curtsied to him smiling. "Good evening, Deputy Kicker." Ace placed his hat back on his head leaving the two girls alone in the room.

Rose cleared her throat walking forward with the tray. "Diamond told me to give you this. Annie mentioned that you haven't eaten anything since your job." Melody was a little nervous talking to Rose. She got herself comfortable as Rose walked up closer.

"Uh thanks," Suddenly a growling stomach broke the silence. Melody blushed with a wavering grin. "I guess I am hungry."

Rose made a small smile with a grunt. "Here, Chicken Gumbo." Melody watched Rose set the tray onto her lap. Melody did a quick glance at Rose's cleavage as she bent over to place the tray down on her lap. Melody blushed a touch turning away as Rose blushed herself knowing what Melody just did.

"You're not gonna smack me?" Melody asked remembering her last heavily flirtatious action ended with a bruised finger.

"Hmmph, I should!" Rose snapped. "But Diamond made it clear to me that I can't harm you in your state." Rose said with a glare as she turned to leave.

"Hey now!" Melody called stopping her. "Why not stay a little longer?" Melody asked. Rose turned to her wondering what the girl's plan was. Melody blushed a touch. "I mean, you know, a little company won't hurt right?" Melody asked a little worriedly.

Rose thought about it for a long moment. She could leave and continue playing the piano to the guests but Diamond made it clear to make Melody comfortable and welcomed here. She let out a loud sigh not liking the decision. She turned around with a glare at her.

"Diamond made it clear to make you happy, so I'll do that." Rose walked over to the chair Ace sat in earlier and sat down, fixing her skirts. Melody scooped the gumbo into her mouth and voiced her love for the soup.

"Mm! That sure is good."

Rose kept her scowl on her face. "Well I'm glad you enjoy it. I'm not the cook, Berry and Diamond do most of the gumbo cooking."

Melody swallowed taking a small sip of water looking at her.

"So, Miss. Rose, if I'm correct in assuming, Gumbo is mainly made in the south right?"

Rose nodded. "Yes, it's Diamond's recipes that make the gumbo pots and such. She is from Neigh Orleans where Gumbo is the main dish in that area."

"Neigh Orleans, eh?" Melody asked interested. "I guess the accent shows it."

Rose nodded slowly. "Yes, it does."

The two remained silent for a few seconds, then Melody had a thought. "So uh ... Where are you from? Certainly you're not from around here and you’re not from Neigh Orleans."

Rose blinked staring at Melody for a long moment then sighed. "No, I'm not from here nor from Neigh Orleans."

Melody noticed her long pause. "Then where?" She asked taking another bite of her gumbo.

Rose took a long time to answer. "I don't want to talk about it." She whispered turning away.

"Family issues?" Melody guessed trying to keep Rose talking.

"I guess you can call it that." Rose said hesitantly. Melody nodded. "What about you?" Rose asked suddenly. Melody looked up.

"Huh?" She asked munching on the spiced chicken chunk.

"What brought you here?"

Melody blinked then turned away thinking about her answer. "Um, I just wanted to get away from people." Melody said quickly smiling before stuffing her face with soup and chicken to keep from talking. Rose stroked her chin thinking, watching Melody. She was hiding something.

"I see. Who are you running away from?"

"Running?" Melody choked coughing. She took a quick drink of water to wash down the spices from her throat "Who said I was running?" Melody squeaked drinking more water.

"You did." Rose said smiling seeing Melody stared at her with fear. "You said you were wanting to get away from people. By the way you answered that question, your eyes shifted." Melody gulped hard as Rose leaned forward closer to her face, smiling. "So who are you running from, hmm? The last I recall you said you came here from Manehattan."

Melody swallowed and nodded. "Right," She said carefully. Rose chuckled.

"I think I might have found out something that makes you nervous, Miss. Liker."

Melody chuckled worriedly. "Worried? Who said I was worried?"

Rose laughed sitting back into her chair, shaking her head. "I thought you were some big shot, wannabe idiot, but you're afraid."

Melody glared at her. "Hey! I'm not an idiot!" Rose laughed seeing Melody blush. “And I’m not afraid of anything or anyone.” Melody said glowering at the girl.

Rose sighed wiping her eyes. She turned to Melody seeing her glare. "You are easy to play with, Liker."

Melody growled. "You know what? This was a horrible idea."

"Don’t be silly." Rose said standing up, taking the tray from Melody. "I think it’ll be fun sitting with you."

"Fun for me or fun for you?” Melody asked smirking. “Bullying me won’t get you what you want girl.”

Rose snorted. "Teasing is not bullying. Unless you tell me who you're running from, then I won’t bruise your pride again, hmm?"

Melody glared at her. "I'm not running from anyone." She declared. Rose sniffed walking to the door. Melody smirked with an idea.

"I won’t say anything unless you tell me why you came here and where you came from. That's a fair trade, hmm?" Melody asked smiling. Rose stiffened then glared at her.

"No!"

"Then we’re at a standstill then. I won’t tell you who I'm running from unless you tell me more about your life."

"Ha!" Rose said pointing her finger at her causing Melody to frown. "So you are running from someone!"

Melody blinked then groaned applying hand to face. "Damnit."

Rose chuckled. "Too easy." Rose left the room closing the door behind her leaving Melody fuming.

"Damn whore." She growled. After a long moment of sitting in her bed, alone in her room she soon started thinking. During that thinking she started to chuckle and then lightly laugh, holding her chest while doing it. She shook her head with a wince.

"I think she likes me."

Author's Note:

Here we are Chapter 10! :pinkiehappy:

So how did you like the chapter? I thought I did well. At first I was panicking because I was close to making a love moment between Annie and Diamond, and I felt it was a little early for that moment. Instead I decided to make it a sort of awkward moment which was a bit easier to write. Then I decided to put something between Melody and Rose and I feel like I did well on that too. More stuff coming up soon. Oh and Ditzy's ancestor had a moment. It was Wendy the cleaning girl. Will we see more of her, maybe. I wanted to add something for you Ditzy/Derpy lovers. I might do another Ancestor Chart later on.

Oh and another thing, I have a great idea for Fluttershy's ancestor. Then we will finally have all of the Council of Harmony ancestors together. I won't say too much, but this ancestor will be the youngest of the ancestors. :raritywink:

Chapter 11 will be up when I get it up.