• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,672 Views, 216 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: Just Another Wild West Story - TigerSwirl448



An Apple Scratch Sisters side-story. Melody Liker (Vinyl's ancestor) and her sister Annabelle "Annie" Apple (AJ's ancestor) left their home of Manehattan to live their dreams in the boom town of Frontier City.

  • ...
10
 216
 1,672

Ch. 4: Cowboy Casanova

Chapter 4

Cowboy Casanova

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>


I probably will be the first one to say this, but the old frontier, where no Jupitarians control the weather, was a wild place. It made me wonder how the early Jupitarians learn to control the weather in the start of time. It just made you think about things like that. In Manehattan, I have never heard of ice rocks called hail, straight line winds that could knock over a tree, or even the devil itself, the tornado. It sure was beautiful yet frightening. Just being there watching the wild weather work, made me wonder how could Melody and I ever survive out here.

The trip through Epona Canyon was just as wonderful. It was strange to say back then, but I will say it now, while the memory still fresh in my mind. It felt like I could feel Epona's presence in the canyon. Perhaps the legends were true that she made the place with her own hooves. We had to pay a guide to lead us through the canyon. He told us that the canyon was made to keep Epona's herd from being captured by predators of the Ancient Times. And I could see why. A human with no guidance can get lost in the winding tunnels, paths, and caves of the canyon. As we walked through the canyon, I noticed our guide would look at the wall and check something. Some times he would strike his pickax on the wall then walked away, while other times he would keep walking. I asked him about that and he answered that he was remarking the markers that would remind him of the path he took for years. I kept that in mind if I ever end up in this canyon with no guide.

During our journey, our guide led us to a small valley in the canyon and pointed up. From our position, we all gazed in awe at the rock formation of Epona. Melody and I along with the rest of our party stared in awe. The stone statue looked really old and weathered but we could still see the likeness of a powerful horse in a rearing pose. We all immediately made prayers and gave blessings to her. But I noticed Melody was staying by the oxen and horses staring at that blasted silver watch. I knew she wasn't religious to the Horse Gods but sometimes it made me furious how she stood by, kicking stones as the rest of us made blessings.

After we made our blessings, we stayed the night under Epona's gaze. As I laid there out in the open, I felt free and glad for being there, but at the same time I felt uneasy. I just couldn't get the feeling that something was going to happen to me. I even felt like something will happen to Melody. I remembered watching her that night, watching her sleep next to me, she was in peace with that small smile on her face. I didn't know what it was, but that feeling had something to do with Melody.

The next morning, our guide lead us out of the canyon to a beautiful forest. He called it Epona's Mane. A wild forest that slope down to the Celestial River. He told us to go down carefully and stay away from the steep slops and cliffs and continue straight through the forest. I remembered the large trail and the cut down trees. Definitely this trail was used to get people to Frontier City. After our farewells, we took our journey through Epona's Mane Forest.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

The trip down hill was quicker than what Annie thought. As the families steadied the wagons down the slope, Annie walked to a tree and knocked on the trunk. She looked up and smiled seeing a squirrel peeking out of his little hole to see what was going on. Annie chuckled as she took in a deep breath of the leaves and litter of the forest. She walked over to an edge of a cliff and gasped with awe. Below her she could see a giant raging river, over at the other side of the river, she could see the wooden buildings of the city.

"Wow," Annie whispered tipping back her hat to see the first town in the wild lands.

"Amazing isn't it?" Melody said standing by her. Annie turned to see her already dressed in her suit jacket fixing the lapels. She's now dressed like Melody Liker, the business woman (or man). Annie sighed shaking her head.


"It sure is." Melody pointed to the raging river.

"This is Celestial River. This raging monster will separate into a fork farther down river." Melody said pointing down the way down the hill. "From what I got from the canyon guide, he said that the river splits down there. There's a calmer flow headed to the city where the mining takes place. And the large fork is the river raging to the mountains." Melody said pointing to the sky. Annie looked up and sure enough she could see the shadow of the giant mountains.

"Then pass those mountains is San Fransiscolt." Melody said with a smile. Annie let out a short whistle.

"Damn," She whispered. She couldn't believe that she made it all the way across the wild lands to see such a wonderful place. Melody reached into her pocket to pull out her silver watch to check the time.

"Well, it looks like we have to help out down hill and then we'll head off to the city." Annie nodded watching Melody walk off to the forest, helping with the pushing of the wagon over some logs. Annie sighed turning back to see the river.

"I would hate to fall in that." She said to herself tipping her hat hoping her mother could see her now. "Mama," She whispered. "Protect me." She smiled seeing the sun poking past a cloud. She turned and headed for the forest.

As the train reached the foot of the hill, they could see a large wooden ferry at the river. A young man looked up tipping back his dirty black hat seeing them.

"Howdy there, are you folks needing to cross the river?" He called out over the roar of the river. Melody and Annie looked to their train companions.

"What's the fee?" Mr. Hoofstein called out.

"Two bits per person." The man said with a smirk. "That's highly reasonable since you have at least ten persons right?"

"Twenty bits?" Melody whispered. Annie blinked at that that, that was a lot of money.

Gale shook his head. "No way, we don't need to cross." He said as the two men nodded. "We'll just keep going."

"Suit yerself." The ferry man said.

Annie and Melody turned to the family knowing this was where they will part. "Well, it looks like this is where we part ways." Melody said smiling as she reached into the wagon to grab her satchel and Annie's bag. She checked them to make sure they didn't leave anything.

"I suppose it is." One of the wives said smiling. Melody handed Annie her carpet bag as the sisters said their farewells to the family.

"Bye! Miss. Annie!" The children called out as Annie tipped her hat. "Bye! Miss. Melody!"

"It's just Melody!" Melody screamed out as the children laughed, waving at them as the wagons continued to follow the river.

Annie sighed watching them go. "You think they'll be fine?"

Melody nodded. "Yeah, they'll make it before the frost comes in. Not to worry." Melody walked down the sandy shore to the ferryman. "Sir, my sister and I wish to cross, what's the fee, again?"

"Two bits, per person ladies." He said tipping his hat.

Melody reached into her pocket and found a few bits. She counted four bits and handed them to the ferry man.

"Alright, then get on."

The sisters crawled over the wooden rail and stood on the platform as the man used his magic to make a ringing noise. The sisters blinked then felt the craft move. From across the river the sisters could see two Eponians pulling the rope that was attached to the craft, pulling it across.

"Is the river always this wild?" Annie asked with worry.

"Only after the raining seasons. Since we had that long week of rain the river swelled. But it's only in the early spring or late summer when the river swells."

Annie nodded. "I see."

The craft hit the shore shaking the sisters. "Here you are, all the way across." The sisters thanked the man and leaped over the rail to the shore.

"Thank you, sir." Annie called as the Titanian pulled on the rope to pull himself back to the other side. Annie and Melody walked past the working men of the ferry. Some of them watched them walk by with whistles and hoots. Annie blushed at that not used to such comments. Melody just ignored them as the sisters followed the well used path towards the large wooden structures.

"Here we are, Annie." Melody said with a huge grin as the sisters stopped at the edge of the street. Annie gasped seeing so many people walking around dressed as cowboys and cowgirls. Many women wore dresses with bonnets on their heads, some men wore suites like Melody's with bowler hats, top hats, or even just nice Stetson hats. Horses were pulling carts of produce, sacks, barrels. The town was filled with life.

"Wow," Annie whispered in awe. She looked at the wooden buildings seeing people walk into stores, hotels, a bank, saloons. "What should we do first?" Annie asked still in awe. Melody blinked and saw an interesting pub, called the Sweetie Belle. And what she could see through the windows the place was more than just a pub. She smirked at a thought.

"Hmm, well first of all, I need a drink and some company." Melody said looking through the window to see through the glass to see the silhouettes of moving bodies and kissing.

"I think we need to find a place to stay. That's the more important thing." Annie said with a quirked brow. Melody chuckled.

"You go on ahead and do that."

"Huh?" Annie asked turning to see Melody smiling at her. "Why me?" Annie asked with shock.

"Just trust me. You go on ahead and get us a place to stay. And I'm sure you want to go and get some supplies for the gold digging right?"

Annie swallowed nervously. "Well, I'll be more comfortable if you came with me, Melody. You're better at talking to folks than me."

Melody thought for a moment then sighed. She can't leave Annie like this. Especially in a new place she never been to. Melody turned to the Sweetie Belle with a sigh.

"Alright, drinks and company can wait a bit longer. Lets get going." Annie sighed with relief and smiled at her sister before leading the way. Melody turned to the pub then sighed with longing. She just wanted a nice hard drink and a nice lady by her. Something nice to do after a long hard journey with kids, dumb horses, and religious crap.

As the sisters walked down the dirt street, Annie couldn't stop looking at the stores and the people. Melody just kept a close eye on the men mainly. None of them looked like her enemies. They either had their wife around their arm or dressed as prospectors. Annie stopped at the crossroads in the road looking at each way for a way to go. Melody looked around, reading the signs on windows and shops.

"Oh hey," Melody said pointing to a small corner store. "Painted on the window reads that they offer campgrounds near the river and pickaxes."

"Really?" Annie asked seeing the store then turn to Melody for confirmation. Melody nodded.

"Yep, lets go on in and get this over with." The sisters walked up the steps then enter the large store. The bell rang, announcing their presence. Annie blinked seeing the young woman at the counter, writing in a large account book. The woman looked up and smiled. What made Annie stare was the fact that girl was dark skinned. Annie never seen a human with such colored skin before. Melody walked over to the counter, smiling at the woman.

"Hello miss." Melody said politely, smiling. The woman blinked with a blush on her dark cheeks.

"Oh um hello, and what can I help you with?" She asked with a cheerful smile. Annie looked at her purple eyes to see her with worry.

"You see, my sister and I just arrived in town and we're here for the gold mining, you see." Melody started as Annie continued to stare at the woman. Melody turned to her then jumped seeing this. She growled and poked her elbow into Annie's ribs. Annie yelped holding her side seeing Melody's glare. "Annie, it's rude when you stare at people."

Annie blushed harshly at that, tipping her hat. "Sorry ... I just never seen a lady like you before."

"Huh?" The woman asked in confusion.

"Uh you know," Annie said pointing at her hand at her skin tone. Melody groaned applying hand to face.

"Forgive my bumpkin sister. She never left her farm and see people." Melody said, seeing Annie blush with shame. The woman chuckled.

"Oh, I see. Well, I've never met anyone like you two before. And you say you're sisters?" She asked intrigued.

"Adopted." Melody said tipping her bowler hat.

"Velvet!" A man's voice boomed. The woman cringed turning, so did the sisters. A large dark skinned man walked towards them from the back room. Melody disliked him instantly, he just seemed like the type of man to have a temper and loved to push people around.

"Oh uh," the woman, Velvet said with fear seeing him. "Honey, uh I was just taking care of some customers." She said worriedly.

"Customers?" The man said glaring at Melody and Annie. Annie was terrified as Melody continued her mask of indifference.

"Well yeah," Melody stated evenly, looking at him from behind her glasses. "The name's Melody Liker and this is my sister, Annie. We were here to buy some of your wares." Melody said coolly.

"Really now?" The man said with a quirked brow at the sisters. "Hmm you two seem old enough to be with a husband, where are they?" He asked glaring at them. Annie gulped.

"Back at Manehattan." Melody lied causing Annie to stare at her. "Right Annie," Melody said giving her a look. Annie gulped and nodded with a smile, not saying a word.

"Why so far away?" The man asked not taking the bait.

"Family matters on the farm you see." Melody said nodding her head. Annie nodded along with a hard swallow.

The man was ready to interrogate more when there was a whistle and a thud outside. The door opened and a tall Jupitarian with dissipating wings walked into the store. He had a star on his black coat as he walked into the store. Annie and Melody stared at the handsome man as he walked in, his spurs jingled with each step.

"Ladies," The man said, tipping his black hat showing a grin of white teeth at the three women. Annie blushed, Melody blinked, and Velvet smiled warmly, seeing him.

"What are you doing here, Kicker." The man growled. The man called Kicker pulled off his black hat revealing his shaggy blonde hair, he brushed his hair back with his fingers.

"Sheriff Skytalon wasn't done with you yet, Amos. You still have more paperwork to fill out." He said seriously.

Amos snorted at the Jupitarian. "I thought I was done with my paperwork."

Kicker shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just the messenger Amos, nothing more."

Amos snorted again then headed for the door. He stopped at the door pointing at the two women. "We're not done with this talk. I'll be back." He marched out of the shop, closing the door behind him. Kicker smirked as he turned to Velvet to see her let out a sigh of relief.

"I hope you don't mind, Mistress Velvet, that I made your fiancé run off." He said winking at her with his light lavender eyes. Melody turned to see Velvet blush, messing with her dark hair with her finger.

"Well, that sure alleviate the stress, thank you Deputy Kicker."

Kicker bowed before her. "My dear lady, you know I'd rather go by Ace." He chucked then noticed Melody looking at him and Annie was blushing like a fresh apple. "Forgive me ladies, I have forgotten you two were standing there." He said as he placed his hat behind his back winking at them. Melody looked unamused by the man. Annie cleared her throat, rubbing the back of her neck with unease.

"And you are again?" Melody asked. Kicker blinked at this surprised that these two ladies weren't swooning over him.

"Uh, oh right, I'm Ace Kicker, the deputy sheriff of this here city. Second Deputy I should add. Oh and I should also add the title of Casanova of this here town." He walked over leaning on the counter, Velvet was fanning herself with her hand as Kicker winked at her. Velvet cleared her throat.

"Excuse me for a moment, I uh need to go grab some things." She blushed as she quickly went into the back room, closing the door behind her. Ace chuckled, turning to the sisters, pointing his thumb to the back door.

"She's a pretty thing. Too bad I haven't given her the Kicker charm, yet. She just came here to town with that big ass." He sighed picking up the work book Velvet was looking at reading it. "So, where did you two ladies come from?" He asked as he peeked over the top of the book looking Melody over first. Melody snorted, rolling her eyes, turning away from him. Kicker then roved his eyes over to Annie smirking, seeing her blush.

"I've laid with every girl in town and I'm sure as Great Jupiter himself, that I've never seen you two before." He said in a voice that could make any woman fall over in faint. He waggled his eyebrows at them, chuckling. Melody turned back to Kicker and gave him a warning glare as Annie turned away, looking at the items in stock. Ace coughed into his fist, realizing that these two were tough.

"Well, we both came from Manehattan." Melody answered crossing her arms across her chest. "We heard of the gold here so we came by to get ourselves a claim of it." Ace blinked a few times with confusion.

"Wait, you mean you two are here for the gold? Hmmph, never seen women turned prospectors before."

Melody smirked at him. "Believe it pal, Annie and I came to get rich."

Ace blinked once then chuckled. "Wow, you two seem to be very serious with this." He said.

"Well of course we're serious, right Annie?"

"Huh, oh uh yeah, what she said." Annie said blushing madly, again.

Ace chuckled, shaking his head. "Right, well I wish you ladies luck. Ah here comes Velvet now."

Velvet returned from the back room, smiling at Ace before turning to Melody again. "So you want something?"

"Oh yeah, we read your painted windows and we came here to get a place to stay and some tools."

Velvet nodded. "Of course." Velvet reached down into the shelves under the counter to pull out a piece of paper. "This here is a deed to the small plots of land out by the river. These plots are big enough for two tents and only two, I'm afraid. Here's a map of the area and you pick the square." Velvet pulled out a large map with drawn squares. A lot of the squares were already marked with initials or signatures. Melody and Annie looked at the map for a bit, thinking. Most of the boxes closest to the river were all taken. Melody liked one square near the forest and a short distance from the city.

"I think this square here would be nice. Annie?" Melody asked pointing at the square. Annie looked at the square then at the distance between the city and the river. The square was set right in the middle. Far away from the men to have privacy and yet close to the town as well. Annie nodded.

"Whatever you think, Melody." Annie said nodding. "It think that's a good spot too."

Melody nodded. "Alright, just put my initials here?"

"Yes," Velvet answered with a smile. Ace watched as Melody marked the square with her initials "ML". Velvet took the map looking at the numbers then wrote it on the deed then placed the deed before her. As Melody did the paper work, Annie looked at the tools for gold mining.

"Alright, Annie, I'm off." Melody called heading for the door.

"Huh?" Annie asked seeing Melody reach the door. "But what can I do?"

Melody looked at Annie to see her worry. "Don't worry. I'm just gonna get some drinks. I'll meet you at the crossroads later. I know you'll be in here for a while anyway." Annie blinked then looked at the equipment then at Ace seeing his smile.

"B-b-but Melody!"

"Look everything will be fine. He won't bite." Melody winked before leaving the shop all together. Annie groaned then turned to see Velvet and Ace smiling at her.

"Swell." She grumbled.

"Well, I better leave now and let you tend to your business, Miss. Velvet." Ace said taking her hand and kissed the back of it, smiling at Velvet as she blushed harshly, smiling back at him. "Have a nice day." He said grabbing his hat. "And a good day to you too, Miss. Annie, was it?"

Annie blushed nodding.

"Good to know. If you want to have some fun, don't hesitate to ask me. I'll give you a good time." He placed his hat on his head then left the shop.

Annie groaned, rubbing her burning face. Velvet was busy sighing, watching the dashing sheriff leave the shop.

<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>:<>

Melody stood in front of the Sweetie Belle Tavern. She watched men enter the pub, all nice and dressed, then watched men come out with huge smiles and their clothes were haphazard. "Oh yes." Melody said as she walked up the steps, she pushed open the swinging doors and smiled at what she saw. The large tavern looked like a regal ballroom, the wooden floors might be dinged up, but it had the look and feel of a fancy place. Melody whistled, she was really impressed with this place already. The energy was nice, a smooth happy feeling with a mixture of booze and sex. Melody knew she was in the right place, the perfect place.

Melody took another look around the place. She could see the old wooden tables filled with men and women playing cards or dominoes, drinking and smoking, or even eating soup or gumbo by the smells. She could see not only the customers, but also the entertainment, the working girls of this tavern and brothel. Melody smirked seeing many women dressed in gaudy dresses of black silk and colorful ribbons. Many of them were sitting on laps of the men playing cards, some were kissing their beaus or customers. She looked up hearing a giggle, seeing a working girl leading a blushing teen up the stairs. No doubt his first night. She could hear some men cheer for the boy as he was lead away. Melody licked her lips with excitement.

"Oh yes." She said again, but more excited. She walked to the large bar counter to see the large selection of drinks, she even saw wines which surprised her. A tavern out here selling expensive beverages, that was impressive. Behind the counter stood a lady, about in her thirties dressed in a striped shirt, her sleeves rolled up over her elbows, with a black vest over the shirt. She looked up from cleaning a glass tankard, flipping her shaggy dark pink hair.

"Welcome to the Sweetie Belle. Care for a drink or a smoke?" The bartender asked with a quirked brow and a gentle smile. Melody thought for a moment then nodded.

"I'll take both." Melody answered smiling. "Do you have any cigars by any chance?" The bartender blinked hearing that request from a woman. She nodded, reaching into a box and pulled out a cigar and handed it to Melody. Melody took the cigar and reached into her coat pocket to pull out a cigar clipper to cut the end. She stuck the clipper back into her pocket, looking to the bartender.

"You got a light?" She asked. The woman nodded as she reached to the side to grab a small candle and held the ring to hold the candle to Melody's unlit cigar. Unlike most women, Melody smoked cigars to keep her disguise as a man back at Manehattan. She took a liking to the cigars and pipes over time. She lit her cigar, taking a few puffs to get the cigar tip burning. She took a seat on the stool turning back to the bartender.

"So what do you like to drink?" The bartender asked. Melody took a puff thinking, looking at the stock behind the woman.

"Hmm, maybe a shot of whiskey. I haven't drank any booze since I left Manehattan." The bartender grabbed a short bottle and a tiny shot glass and filled it with the amber liquid.

"Manehattan huh? The clothes you wear truly say that." She said sliding the small glass forward. Melody smirked dunking back the liquor into her gullet.

"Yeah, I have a reputation to keep." The bartender snorted then refilled the glass.

"Reputation huh?"

Melody smirked at her as she dunked back the glass. She set the glass on the counter as the bartender went to talk to one of the working girls. Melody sighed, turning around to where she leaned back against the counter, looking around her. "This is my heaven," She whispered to herself chuckling, letting the smoke drift out of her mouth. "The perfect place." Melody closed her eyes just to let every sound in.

During her time of relaxing, she suddenly heard the notes of a piano being played in the room. Melody opened her eyes and turned to the stage at the far end of the room. Sitting at a tall piano on the stage, was a gorgeous woman dressed in finer attire than the gaudy dresses the prostitutes were dressed in. The girl had long black hair that was thick with curls that rain down her shoulders. Her dress was of a pretty lavender and pink, not too bright or too vivid, just the right shade that made her pale skinned face look beautiful.

Melody's mouth dropped open seeing the beauty, her cigar fell to the floor forgotten. Out of every whore house Melody went to in Manehattan and beyond, she had slept with many a pretty lady, but there was something about this one beauty that seemed different. She was poised with class, actual class, not the play acting kind most of the working girls did around her. She looked like an angle from heaven. Melody gulped, slipping off the stool reaching into her pocket and placed a few bits on the counter. Everything in the room went into limbo as she walked closer to the stage to the beauty. Her music was calming and the only thing she could hear, those notes calling her closer.

Melody smiled as she neared the stage. She fixed the lapels of her jacket, making sure there was no dust or dirt on her person, she fixed her vest under her jacket, then her hair. Once she was close enough, she climbed up on the stage hearing the beauty playing the nice calming tune.

"Hello, miss." The beauty gasped and jumped, opening her eyes skipping a note. She looked up seeing Melody smiling at her wagging her eyebrows at her. Melody could see the shock and surprise on the girl's face. The girl turned away as she continued to play on the piano.

"Patrons are not allowed on the stage." She said hoity like, she turned away with her nose in the air. But that didn't stop Melody. She reached over to the girl's chin and steered her face to look at Melody again.

"Forgive me for being so bold miss, but I see you up here and playing that beautiful tune, I'm afraid my own heart stopped at the second I noticed you." Melody said smoothly, smiling at her. She released the girl's chin as she leaned against the piano, reaching her hand over the keys. "Perhaps I might play a tune for you?" Melody asked placing her finger on a white key. The beauty blinked then made a sly seductive smile.

"Oh and what sort of tune are you interested in?" She asked with a sultry voice, as she scooted on the bench closer to Melody. Melody smiled with a chuckle, leaning ever closer to her.

"Well it only matters what tune you want to play, milady." Melody whispered, pressing the key hearing a clear note. Suddenly the beauty grabbed the cover and slammed it down. Melody screamed out pulling her finger out, shaking it. Some patrons looked up at the stage, some were laughing while others glared at the end of the music. The beauty stood up and left the stage. Melody grumbled as she sucked her finger, watching her walk to the bar.

Maybe that was sign to buzz off. Her mind reminded her. Melody though won't be pushed off that lightly. She will have that woman, whether she wanted it or not! Melody went through three torturous months of travel with no companion in her bed to ignore that beauty. She marched after her. The bartender handed a glass to the girl. She noticed Melody and quickly walked out of the bar area and trotted off into a back room. Melody cleared her throat and fixed her jacket, dusting herself off. She stood by her as she took a sip of her drink.

"Alright, maybe I was a bit too strong." Melody said with a gentle smile as the beauty took another short sip of her drink.

"Perhaps." She said coldly, turning away. Melody gulped, staring at her black hair and then she noticed her beautiful purple eyes. Melody smirked as she used her finger to steer her face towards her.

"Come on, I just arrived here from Manehattan. I'm dying for a good drink and good pleasure and my dear you are a pretty face that I can't just walk away from. You just burn me up." Melody whispered. The beauty smiled reaching for her drink.

"Oh in that case," Melody closed her eyes ready for a kiss. Instead of warm lips, her face was met with a face full of whiskey. She yelped, coughing and spitting out the brew. She opened her eyes to see the beauty glaring at her.

"Why you little-!" Melody snapped ready to grab the little devil's neck, when she felt magic grab her and held her up in the air. "Hey! What's going on?" Melody yelled out. The patrons all turned to see Melody in the air surrounded by a blue magical aura of a Titanian.

"What's going on you ask?" A southern drawl asked. Melody looked over and gaped to see a pretty Titanian woman with curled purple hair. She walked in dressed in a light blue dress. Standing next to her was the bartender. Melody gulped and smiled, chuckling nervously seeing her hard blue eyes.

"By the look of your attire you must be the mother hen here?" Melody said with worry. The woman chuckled.

"My aren't you a smart one." The woman said looking at Melody up and down. "A fancy dressed, smart girl. Then you should listen well missy." She said smiling sweetly at her. Several patrons were giggling or were shaking their heads. "When a girl gives you the reason to not pursue her, then you better respect her wishes. Am I clear?"

"Ain't every girl here working?" Melody asked glaring at the beauty she pursued to see her glaring back at her.

"Oh you mean Rose?" The woman said smiling as she wrapped her arm around the beauty and kissed her on the head. "She's special." Melody growled seeing the beauty wink at her. "And she can choose who she sleeps with. And that means you don't interest her." Melody blinked at that statement. The boss lady sighed as she walked forward floating Melody with her to the door. "Oh and one last thing ... What was your name?"

"Melody Liker," Melody answered without thinking.

"Right, well, Miss. Liker, as a rule here, if you patronized my girls, you get the boot." Melody felt the door opened behind her as she was thrown out of the building then into the dusty street. Many people walking by had to run and dodge the screaming girl as she crashed on the road. Melody groaned then sat up, rubbing her head from the fall. She growled and turned around on her knees, waving her fist at the Titanian.

"Hey! That's no way to treat your customers!" Melody screamed at her with anger.

The older woman laughed, shaking her head. "Come back when you cool off that temper Miss. Liker."

"Bitch!" Melody screamed back.

"Oh and the next time we meet, you better remember my name, Miss. Liker. My name is Mistress Diamond Belle and I am the mother of my girls and I don't want to see them get hurt over something silly as being some angry girl being rejected." Melody turned red with furry. Mistress Belle waved at Melody.

"See you around, Sugar." Diamond returned into the building, leaving Melody to growl and stomp on the dirt. She tried to kick a bottle but the kick was hard enough causing her to fall back on her back with a groan.

She sighed staring at the blue sky. Then a freckled face appeared over her. Melody groaned.

"You alright, Melody?" Annie asked reaching down with her hand. Melody sighed taking her sister's hand then was hoisted back up. Annie dusted off Melody's jacket of dust as Melody scooped up her hat and placed it on her head.

"Damn whores." She snarled as she marched off. Annie looked at the pub then turned away.

" I wish you won't pursue that path sister." Annie said with a light scolding tone. Melody snorted.

"I could care less how pure of a path I lead, Annie. I saw the most beautiful woman in there and she kicked me out like I was some sack of rotten potatoes!" Melody yelled out storming ahead. Annie sighed rolling her eyes. "Anyway, did you get the stuff?"

"Eeyep, sure did. Miss. Velvet put everything in a wagon for us to use to get to our land." Melody nodded. Annie noticed how subdued she was. "Will you be alright?" Annie asked with concern.

Melody sighed. "Yeah ... I'll see her again though."

"Who?"

"That girl ... Rose was her name." Melody whispered, turning back to the pub, hoping to see that girl through the dark windows. Annie groaned and grabbed her sister's sleeve.

"Come on, get your mind out of that sinful stuff. We got work to do."

Melody didn't hear what Annie said as she was dragged away from the pub. All she could think about was how beautiful and talented Rose was. The way her fingers danced along the keys, the way she played was defiantly a true musician. Melody just couldn't get her purple eyes out of her mind as she feebly followed Annie to the cart at the edge of town.

Author's Note:

Alright here is Chapter 4 of the story.

What did you guys think? How did you guys like the new characters? I hope I characterized them well and make them sort of familiar. The idea was to make the ancestors different than their decedents, but keep some similar characteristics. Like for instance, Annie is timid and shy and a little naïve and she has Applejack's strength. While AJ is more independent and a bit smarter and not as grossly religious as Annie was. Also Melody is a risk taker, while Vinyl is more careful. If that made any sense.

If you didn't get the title right away, I was listening to some of my favorite country songs and Cowboy Casanova was one of my favorites. While listening to it, I giggled and wrote that as the title considering Melody's character is a sort of Casanova and so was Cloud Kicker, so why not make CK's ancestor one? :rainbowlaugh: That helped write this chapter.

Hope you guys enjoy, like always if you see any mistakes I missed, please let me know.