• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,792 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,792

Mind Made Up

As he and Maple slowly made their way back to Fluttershy's, he knew what he wanted to do. Even if the others didn't understand, which he knew they would, he had made up his mind. Now all he had to do was wait for Twilight to return. Though thinking about Twilight made him a little hesitant about his decision.

<You know little pup, I can tell you've made up your mind. But I must ask, did you really think about it?> Maple asked, and he nodded.

<I think I've actually been thinking about it since the very beginning, it was just at the back of my mind. I mean until I turned into a dog when I went through the portal to that other world it freaked me out, but after spending three days there I liked it. Though I was looking forward to becoming a Dragon again, I think since I came back as a dog I've been a lot happier.> He replied.

<Even after all the tears it has caused?> Maple asked, her voice soft.

<I-I may not be too happy about causing them, but I think it's what we all needed. It hurts to know that I caused a lot more trouble since I became a dog, then again I think it was inevitable for it to happen whether I'm a dog or a Dragon.> He said knowing he meant it.

<Inevitable maybe, but keep in mind that it might not have been. Though in the end with something like this with as close as you are with these ponies, it is a good thing you got all this out there.> Maple said with a little smile.

<Close huh? Doesn't feel like we're that close after everything that happened.> He said giving a sigh.

<If you weren't close to them, then they would not be as supportive, nor do I believe that they would still call you a friend if you were not close to them. That is why I think that in the end that's what helped you make your decision, because you know they will always be there. Though I'm sure you've heard all of this over and over again by now little pup.> Maple said.

<Yeah, still doesn't make anything easier.> He said giving a sigh. <But you are right, it is what helped me make this decision. But anyways are you going to tell me what you think I am?>

<A bit tired of that talk huh? Not that I can blame you little pup, but I still have yet to do any research on it yet remember?> Maple replied, making him give a shake of the head.

<All I want to know is what is the idea.> He grumbled.

<I know little pup, but bear with it for now. I promise whether my suspicions are true or not you will be the first to know.> Maple said. <But for now think on whether or not you would like to tell Fluttershy of your decision for we're almost back.>

<That reminds me, I never told you what I decided.> He said feeling embarrassed.

<It is your choice of who you tell first, or who you tell at all.> Maple replied, though he could see that she already knew what he had decided.

<H-how...>

<Because I know you little pup.> Maple said making him wonder if the others already knew as well.

<Thanks, and I think I know who to tell first.> He said, his excitement rising.

<Then I suppose we should talk to Fluttershy to help you get ready then.> Maple said, making him stop in his tracks.

<Will you stop reading my mind!> This made Maple give a little laugh.

<Little pup, I very well knew you would tell her first. I did not have to read your mind one bit.> Maple gave him a sly smile before she continued walking.

<Wait, can you really read minds?> He asked trying to catch up to her.

<Sorry little pup but that is one question I won't answer.> Maple answered giving a slight chuckle.

<You're just messing with me, right?> He couldn't help but ask.

<I don't know what you mean little pup, I simply won't answer your previous question.> Maple replied.

<I won't tell anypony I swear!> He said.

<Oh, you swear little pup?> Maple asked.

<Yeah, I just wanna know.> He replied.

<Then I swear I cannot read minds little pup.> Maple said, making him drop his ears a little.

<Oh, why didn't you just say that to begin with?> He asked.

<Because then I wouldn't of had the chance to mess with you as they say.> Maple answered giving a little chuckle. <If it makes you feel better I do have what ponies call a sixth sense of what others are thinking. As do all Timberwolves as it helps us hunt.>

<Huh, well that's actually pretty cool. But it's not like a hundred percent you know what they're thinking?> He asked.

<No, at best it works only thirty percent of the time. Though if we know the animal personally the more accurate we become in guessing what they are thinking. But enough of that little pup, it's time to get you ready for your date.> Maple said as they were now only a few feet from Fluttershy's door.

<I just hope she isn't to mad at me for earlier.> He said, walking up to the door and knocked.