• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,790 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,790

An Awkward Meeting

As Maple saw the library come into view, she couldn't help but finally notice that the little pup on her back had passed out. Though she could still feel him breathing, which made her give a breath of relief since they were so close. But at the same time she could feel tension raising in her branches, wondering if these ponies won't hesitate in assuming the worst and destroying her.

"....at's taking him so long?" Maple could barely hear through the door as she drew closer.

"I'm sure he's fine, he just has a lot on his mind darling." Maple stopped for a second to listen.

"Yeah, I know but I'm still worried about him. It's just not like him to stay out this long without some kind of message to me. I mean, what if he's hurt and alone and nopony can hear him?" One of the ponies started, panic and worry had already claimed her.

"Please don't panic Twi, I'm sure we'll be getting a knock at the door any second now" Another pony said as if she knew Maple was just outside, but she did not waste any more time and tapped on the door.

"Spike!?" The door swung open to reveal a purple mare with a messy mane standing there looking at the Timberwolf in complete shock.

"Is it Spike?" A white mare joined, instantly fear spread across this mares face. "TIMBERWOLF!"

"What?!" The remaining mares said in unison, and before any of them could act a weak voice spoke.

"P-please don't... hurt her... s-she's a friend." The purple mare looked on the wolf's back to see Spike, and his injury. "S-she carried m-me hear."

"Oh dear Celestia, what happened?" The purple mare suddenly, but gently lifted the pup off of Maples back and into the house now completely ignoring the timberwolf. "Fluttershy!!"

"Oh my, oh dear, this looks really bad." Maple could now see a yellow mare step forward, and she could see the mare turn a paler color as the mare looked more closely at the wound. "This is definitely a timberwolf scratch."

"How do ya know that sugar?" A orange mare said.

"Because there's still enchanted pine sap still in it, preventing the bleeding from slowing down." Maple just stood there, feeling the guilt run through her once again.

"YOU! You did this to him didn't you?!" Suddenly Maple was surrounded by five ponies, though she wasn't afraid of what they would do to her.

"S-stop, pl-please don't hurt her. She's t-the one that saved me." The pup said before the pain swallowed him once again.

"Spike!" The purple mare ran back inside and comforted the little pup.

"This is looking better now that I clean it, not as deep as I thought." The yellow mare said, throwing away some red soaked rags. "I'm going to have to go to my cottage in order to get the right supplies to stitch him up, but he'll be fine. If he wakes before I get back give him some water, and something sweet to eat. He'll be dehydrated from losing so much blood."

"So, you got the bleeding to stop then?" The purple mare said.

"Mostly, it'll still bleed but not as much. I'll be back long before he loses that much blood Twilight." The yellow mare said before dashing out of the oak tree and into town.

"Well, what do we do with her then?" The blue pegasus spoke up.

"Let her in, if she is the one who saved Spike and brought him back then she isn't dangerous." Twilight had said.

"But Twilight...." Twilight raised her hoof.

"She saved him, and chances are the Everfree isn't a safe place for her anymore." Twilight said.

"What do you mean by that?" The blue one said.

"Many ponies have actually studied Timberwolves behavior before, though not closely. Then when we met Zecora, and she gave me all of her knowledge she could of them. So if what all the research is correct, then this wolf would have had to betray her pack and thus became an outcast in order to save him." Twilight said.

"Huh, well I'll keep my eyes on you." The blue mare said, and the rest of the mares nodded before walking in and letting Maple in as well.