• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,792 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,792

Getting Better

It's been a hectic week since Maple had brought him back, though things were awkward now. Not just because Maple was a Timberwolf, but because he had finally told everpony how they were making him feel both before and after him and Twilight went through the portal. The conversation could have gone better, especially given the fact that he almost had a short life. But it could have been worse, after all none of them could really blame him for how he felt and he could tell that they all felt guilty, some more than others.

"I know you already know this Spike, but you did the right thing in telling everypony. So stop moping about it!" Rainbow said.

"Rainbow!" Twilight yelled.

"What? I'm right, and don't use that 'He's moping because of what happened with the Timberwolves' excuse. He only get's this way when he's feeling sorry for himself about what he said." Rainbow said.

"I know, but pretty much yelling at him won't help. After all, anypony would feel terrible about having to say those things to his friends, even if his friends needed to hear them. I mean I know the circumstances were different, and she shouldn't have said what she said but ask Fluttershy how it felt when she told Rarity and Pinkie things she had in the recess of her mind." Twilight said, giving the mare a glare as she rolled her eyes.

"You got me there." Rainbow sighed in defeat.

"It's alright Rainbow, you're right that is what I'm moping about. Though I know it's not something I should mope about, but I hurt your all's feelings and for that I'm sorry." Spike said making Rainbow flinch.

"Hey, that's not what I meant. I'm mean yeah, it did hurt hearing about how we've been treating you but we should be the ones apologizing. So, I'm sorry for how I treated you." Rainbow hung her head in shame. "And hey, I get where you're coming from with feeling guilty about it, and sorry for going off on ya."

Though before he could reply Rainbow took off, which only made him feel worse about everything. He know's that they would always be his friends, and now that everything was out in the open he was hoping things would get better between them. But so far everypony seems to have drifted a little further away from him.

"Don't worry Spike, like they say sometimes things get worse before they get better." Twilight reassured him before a knock at the door. "Oh that must be Fluttershy with your medicine."

"You still haven't told her how you feel have you?" Spike asked.

"I'm still trying to figure things out Spike, and it's a bit different then your situation." Twilight answered.

"Yeah, but you should at least say something before you lose your opportunity." Spike said.

"Spike, ever since she told me how Pinkie felt about me I haven't been as confident in my feelings for her. So, I'm afraid that if I say something now I would feel like I'm leading her." Twilight said, and there was another knock at the door. "Though I'm sure Pinkie doesn't know that I know about her feelings."

"I don't know Twilight, Pinkie seems to know a lot more than she let's on." Spike said as Twilight went to answer the door.

"Hi...." Twilight said as she answered the door.

"Who is it?" Spike asked.

"It's nopony, just a gift addressed to me." Twilight said as she came back in holding said gift with her magic. "Though I can't tell who it's from. I mean there's no card, no signature, I can't tell by how well it's wrapped or by any smell."

"Really?" Spike asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I mean if it smelled like pie or cake then I would know it was from Pinkie or Applejack, and they both know how to wrap pretty good. It doesn't smell like animals, or perfume, or even like clouds. So I have no idea who it's from." Twilight replied.

"Well, open it and maybe we'll be able to tell that way." Spike suggested.

"Maybe." Twilight said as she tore the wrapping, and as soon as she saw what it was she instantly started to jump with joy.

"What is it?" Spike asked.

"Oh my goodness, it's a ticket to the Anderieum cruise! Who ever got me this must have paid a ton!" Twilight said, again jumping with joy which cause a note of some kind to fly out and land next to her.

"Hey, is that a note?" Spike said.

"Huh, wonder if it'll tell me who gave me this so I can thank them." Twilight said, lifter the note and reading it.

"So what does it say?" Spike asked.

"It says that the one I'm looking for will be on the cruise as well." Twilight replied, but she had a frown now.

"What is it?" Spike asked.

"The ticket says it's been booked for later this week at Manehatten. But I can't leave you here all by yourself." Twilight answered.

"Well, why not just ask one of our friends to stop by and check on me. I mean I'm already better enough to at least be able to walk around the house without much problem." Spike said.

"Yeah, but I'm still worried about you Spike. I mean, you just don't seem like yourself." Twilight said, concern in her eyes.

"I know, but really I'll be fine by myself. You should have fun, and like I said maybe ask somepony to check up on me." Spike said.

"Spike, I think we need to talk about this some more. But for right now, let me worry about you okay?" Twilight said, and Spike could see a little bit of conflict going on in her head.

"Alright, if that's what'll make you feel better. But I think you should go and see who this admire is." Spike said.

"I'll think about it." Twilight said. "So what do you want for lunch? I was thinking about cooking."

Spike got a look of horror on his face as she said that and started to walk towards the kitchen. Though that's mostly because he didn't know what was worst, getting attacked by those Timberwolves or Twilight's cooking. He tried to hurry as fast as he could so that she didn't do anything outrageous and end up poisoning them both.

Author's Note:

For those who are wondering, Maple will be in the next chapter.