• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,786 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,786

An Awkward Meeting

She was busy finishing writing her report on conjuring magic light orbs that act like candles when she heard somepony knocking. Sighing, she got up and started to walk towards the door not bothering to say she was coming. But as soon as she got to the door, it suddenly burst open making it hit her in her snout.

"Oww!" She yelled rubbing her nose.

"Oh, sorry Twilight I didn't realize you were there." She heard the familiar bubbly voice say.

"It's fine Pinkie, but next time wait until the pony opens the door themselves and invites you in. Is my nose bleeding?" She asked.

"Hmm, nope!" Pinkie replied, and after she stopped rubbing her nose the situation in front of her caught up.

"Oh, um, uh, h-hi Pinkie what are you doing here?" She asked feeling a little uneasy.

"Just checking in on ya because Fluttershy seemed worried. She said that you were like super stressed, and acting funny when you came over there, so I was just making sure you were fine. Though don't worry, Fluttershy will be here shortly, I just ran ahead because I was worried something was wrong. Like maybe you aren't our Twilight, but the other Twilight for that other world! Or you're actually a clone created by the mirror pool only a lot more smarted, and you managed to trap the real Twilight somewhere!" Pinkie kept going with theory after theory.

"Pinkie, please none of those would happen. Let's use the first two that you said as examples, I can't be the Twilight from the other world because the other Twilight didn't even go to the same school, and I don't even know if she lives in the same city as where the portal is. As for me being a clone of the mirror pool, we sealed it off and even if I did unseal it clones from there are a bit different than the real pony. It takes a strong desire from the original pony and implants just that desire into the clones." She explained. "Though why we didn't realize it the day when an army of you came to town I have no idea."

"Alrighty then, so what's bothering you huh?" Pinkie asked getting close, making her get nervous and look anywhere but Pinkie. "And why are you so nervous looking right now hmm?"

"N-no reason, just you're getting kind of close there." She replied.

"Ops, my bad I forgot, personal space and all that jazz." Pinkie said as she backed off.

"Oh, there you are Pinkie. I knew you ran ahead, but I wasn't to sure." Fluttershy said coming into the room, giving her friends a sweet little shy smile.

"Sorry Flutters, I just wanted to make sure Twilight wasn't going insane again!" Pinkie said.

"H-hey Fluttershy, how are you doing?" She asked, feeling even more uneasy now.

"Fine, but how are you doing? Spike told me you were dealing with something emotional when I ran into him earlier, and he told me to get Pinkie and come over for moral support." Fluttershy said.

"Wait, what? You ran into Spike earlier and he told you to come?" She asked a little shocked.

"Um, well I think that's what I just said, did I say something wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, no of course you didn't! It's just Spike has a lot on his plate right now, so he's not exactly thinking clearly." She said in a hurry.

"Oh, yeah..." Pinkie said, and the other two mares turned to see their usually bubbly friend was now slightly deflated.

"Pinkie, I'm sorry to bring that up. I know you and Spike haven't made up yet, but he does forgive you, in fact he wasn't even mad at you for making jokes. He's just been hiding things, even from me that shouldn't have been hid." She said, gently wrapping a hoof around the pink mare who seemed to gain some of her bubblieness back at her touch.

"Yeah, don't worry Pinkie I'm sure he's not mad." Fluttershy said. "Well, if you're fine Twilight then I think I'm going to go back to my cottage."

"Fluttershy wait, please stay here for a little bit longer." Pinkie said, but before Fluttershy could answer the door came open and in came Rarity who looked like a train wreck as her make-up was smeared down her face like she had been crying.

"Oh dear, I-I'm sorry to i-inturrupt, I-I'll leave now," Rarity said turning.

"Hold on Rarity, why does it look like you've been crying?" Twilight asked before the disheveled mare could walk away, letting go of the pink mare who deflated a little more than she had before.

"I-it's nothing, please let me leave cause it's unladylike to interrupt a private moment between two or more ponies." Rarity said, looking between her and Pinkie, then at Fluttershy.

"Does it have to do with Spike? What did he say?" She asked, feeling absolutely sorry for her friend.

"Nothing I don't think that wasn't true," Rarity replied avoiding eye contact.

"He told you how he felt like how you've been treating him didn't he? But I need to know what he said, otherwise none of us will be able to help him get past it." She told Rarity, forcing the white mare to look her in the eyes. "So please, tell us what he said."

As Rarity looked between the three concerned friends, even if one of them seemed depressed themselves, she couldn't help the tears that came up again. So, Twilight took her over to the couch where they all sat down together. Twilight sat next to Pinkie, where she made sure her friend was alright with a gentle squeeze of a hoof, while Fluttershy and Rarity sat next to each other. Fluttershy helping Rarity remove the ruined make up, and gave a slight nuzzle when she thought no pony was paying attention, and reassured her close friend with a smile.

Author's Note:

Well, it's been a bit huh? Hopefully I'll be getting back into the swing of things soon, and hope you enjoyed and remember to smile, smile, smile!