• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,790 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,790

A Night Over At Applejack's

As they returned to Rarity's, he couldn't help but collapse under the weight of all the bags. It took him a good minute to manage to dig his way out, and by then he was panting like crazy. When he looked around, he realized that Rarity wasn't even in the same room anymore.

"I-I guess I'm not as strong, man this sucks." He muttered, and started to head towards the kitchen hoping to get a drink.

When he got to the sink, he realized that he needed a step stool or ladder in order to reach the faucet. Knowing Sweetie Belle always hid one around, he looked around and quickly found one behind the fridge. He managed to hop onto the counter top and turn on the faucet when Rarity walked in.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Spike you must have been terribly thirsty after helping me." She said, making him stop drinking for a moment.

"No, it's fine I can handle it." He said, getting on last sip before turning off the water. "So, you need any more help?"

"No darling, but thank you for offering. But you're more than welcome to stay just in case." She replied, lifting him up and placing him back onto the floor.

"That sounds great!" He said excitedly, and then looked at the clock. "Oh, shot I have to get back to the library!"

"Okay darling, come back any time!" She called as he ran out the front door.

"Man, I'm sooo running late right now!" He said, looking at the clock tower reading seven ten. "I just hope Twilight isn't going to hold this against me."

As he ran, he realized he kept making wrong turns and losing his way though he didn't know how. It is a small town, and he couldn't believe he was actually getting lost in it. He was sure that if anypony saw him, they would laugh because of it.

When the library came into his view, he finally slowed down to catch his breath and started to walk. Though the closer he got to the library the slower he walked, feeling nervous about what Twilight would say when he got home. But as he got to the door, he heard to rambling and shuffling from the other side.

"No, that won't due either. Not that one either, none of these books have what I need!" He heard Twilight scream in frustration, and then heard her take a a breath to calm down. "I just hope Spike is willing to stay the night at Applejack's tonight."

"But why would you want me to stay the night over there?" He asked, as he pushed the door open.

"Ahh!" She jumped a little, her wings opening but that only made her lose her balance on her way down and do a face plant in a pile of books. "Ow, you really gave me a scare there Spike."

"Sorry, I just over heard you saying that you wanted me to stay the night over at Applejack's." He said, blushing a little.

"Oh, yeah I have a big study project planned and I think I would like to be alone so I can concentrate on it. Applejack came over, and I already asked if it was alright and she said it wouldn't be a problem." She said, picking up the books she face planted into and placed them back on the shelves. "Is it alright with you?"

"Yeah, I understand. You need your space and all, just a little surprised is all." He replied.

"Okay, so do you want to walk all the way or would you like me to teleport you?" She asked, giving him a smile.

"Um, teleported please. I've had enough running around for one day." He said, his paws starting to feel sore now.

"I bet, now hold still I'm still getting used to doing long distances." She said, her horn lightening up covering him with a purple aura.

"You know what, on second thought I think I would like...." He was gone before he could finish.

----

"So, when is Spike gonna be here?" Applebloom asked impatiently.

"Well he was helping Rarity, so by now he should be back at the library. So I'd say he should be here right now." As Applejack said that, a bright purple light flooded through the room.

"....to walk there." He said, and blinked a few times and realized he was now at the Apple residents.

"Well, howdy to you too Spike." Applejack said, and tilted her hat.

"Uh, sorry I forgot Twilight was still trying to go further with telepotation." He said, in a little embarrassment. "But, hey to you guys I guess."

"Oh wow! You really did get turned into a dog! So, what's it like? Have you drank out of the toilet yet?" Applebloom asked, as he she rushed up on him.

"Um, very hot, and no I haven't." He answered, taking a few steps back from the excited filly.

"So, can you really talk with other animals?" The filly asked.

"Yeah, I can and before you ask it was a little freaky at first." He answered, looking at Applejack for help.

"So, Spike are ya hungry? Big Mac's in the kitchen making his famous pasta." Applejack said, and he gave her a grateful smile.

"Yeah, that sounds great and thank you for letting me stay while Twilight is having another study section." He said, putting a little emphasis on the last two words.

"Ain't nothing, just glad to have ya here. Hey Big Mac, is the food almost done?" Applejack asked, calling into the kitchen.

"Eyup!" He heard the response, and he gave a sigh as the only other time he heard the red stallion say anything was when he was singing with the Pony Tones.

"That means it'll be done in five minutes, if ya didn't catch that." Applejack said.

"Oh, thanks and hey where's Winonna?" He asked.

"She's outside right now, for some reason she always like's to bury her toys." Applejack answered.

"That would explain how some of them ended up over at Fluttershy's." He said, and they both gave a tiny chuckle and Big Mac came out with a big pot and pan of food.

"Well, time to eat. Now, we're gonna let you get your plate first cause once we all get started it'll be a war zone to get more food." Applejack said, making his plate for him.

"Thanks, and yeah guess I wouldn't want to get in the way then." He said, licking his lips.

"Alright, there ya go now let's dig in!" At that, he ate in amazement at how accurate Applejack was as pasta was thrown about on the table.

Author's Note:

Well, there you guys go. Sorry for it being a little bit of a shorter chapter, but I've been busy over the past few weeks. Also, to panzerbrony there's a spare key to that door to your left. Hope you all enjoyed, and remember to smile, smile, smile!