• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,788 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,788

A Restful Sleep

He felt somepony gently nudge him, though he didn't want to get up yet he just fallen asleep. Though as who ever kept nudging him, he realized he was actually feeling pretty good. After yawing and wiping the tiredness out of his eyes, he looked to see who woke him up.

<Oh hey Fluttershy, how's it going? What time is it?> He asked, though the look that she gave him made him a little worried. "Uh, do I have something on me or something?"

"No, no it's just when I came down I really didn't want to wake you two. I mean it was just so adorable with how you were snuggled up to Winona. As for the time, it's about eight in the morning and I've already finished my early mourning chores so I could keep an eye on you. How did you sleep anyways? You looked mighty comfy." Fluttershy said.

"Right, and I slept very good. I think this is what I needed, thanks for asking." He said, though he really didn't quite believe her, at least partially because it sounded like she was avoiding something about his question. <Anyways, what do you mean I was snuggled up to Winona?>

"Well, you were looking comfy next to her." There was that look, and then he remembered last night and he gave a slight blush.

<Um, uh, y-yeah I guess so because I actually had a good night sleep. Uh, where are Maple and Winona?> He asked, not meeting Fluttershy's eyes.

"They're both outside, if you want I can carry you if you don't feel like walking yet." Fluttershy said, giving him a gentle smile.

<I think I can walk now, I think getting a good night sleep helped out a lot.> He said, getting up on his three good legs, not putting any wait on his left hind leg.

He took a tentative step, and then another and found how easy it was to walk on three of his legs. Though that was before he made the mistake of putting his leg down making him yelp and collapse onto the floor. Barely hearing Fluttershy after catching his breath he turned to let her know he was okay.

<Little pup, are you okay?> Suddenly Maple was standing beside him looking at him with concern.

"I think he's okay, just be careful and don't put any weight on that leg until I say so okay?" Fluttershy said, after calming down.

<Y-yeah, got it, no using the bad leg for awhile.> He managed, and after waving Maple off he tried to walk on his three good legs again.

This time went very smoothly, Fluttershy kept watch from behind to make sure he didn't try putting any weight on his leg. Maple stood next to him to make sure he kept balanced, and soon they were out of the den. He was led to a shady part where he laid next to Maple who insisted on staying close by for now.

<Hey, are you alright? I heard you yelp, but Maple went down there even before I could blink. It was amazing how fast she moved! Almost like a mother protecting her pups.> Winona said, making him give a sigh.

<Yeah, I'm fine thanks for asking.A-and um, about last night...> Before he could say anything else Winona leaned down and gave him a lick on the cheek making him blush again.

<Best night sleep I've had in a long time. Anyways, I, uh, have to get home.> Before any of them said anything else Winona ran away in a hurry.

<Um, uh, w-what was that about?> He asked out loud, making Maple laugh.

<I believe she likes you little pup.> Maple replied, giving another laugh.

<Naaahh, that can't be I'm.... right, I'm a dog now not a dragon.> He said, lowering his head.

<So, what are you feeling right now little pup? How do you feel about Winona?> Maple asked, with a comforting tone.

<I-I don't know, I-I'm confused. I-I think I need time to myself.> He replied looking at the wolf, and she gave a nod of understanding.

<Just know, if she's been there for you this entire time don't let this chance slip by. She seems like a very loyal companion. Just remember I'll be around, if you need anything...> Maple started before he jumped in.

<Just whistle, thanks.> He said, and as the wolf started to walk away he called out. <Hey Maple, thanks for being here for me and everything I really appreciate it.>

<You and me both little pup, you and me both.> Before he could say anything Maple turned and nuzzled him. <I really do wish I had a pup like you.>

Though before he could say anything, she left but not before he noticed the sadness in her eyes. It did make him wonder why she had that much sadness in her, he knew she was still upset about not being welcomed back to the forest but this sadness seemed deeper. But that did raise a question in his mind, how were Timber Wolves born?