• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,786 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,786

Not Funny

He was walking slowly thinking about what he said about Winona's eyes, wondering what made him think and say that. It was impossible he had some sort of crush on her, after all his eyes were always set on Rarity. But then why was he even thinking about it if he didn't feel something?

He didn't really want to go back to the library while he was being trouble by this, and bothering Twilight about it since she seemed to have a lot on her plate dealing with her own crush. But he needed someplace to think, and possibly get freshened up. That's when he got the idea to go over to Pinkie's to at least get a snack.

So without wasting time he started to run towards Sugar Cube Corner, hoping that Pinkie wouldn't bother him to much about what's on his mind. It really wasn't long before the shop came into view and he could only imagine what he might get, that's when he stopped. He remembered he didn't have any money on him, and he doubted that the Cake's would give him anything for free.

Giving a sigh he stared walking aimlessly around town trying not to really think about anything when he ran into something large and hairy. When he looked up a bear was standing over him looking down at him with curiosity. He almost panicked when the bear picked him up, but calmed down when the bear put him back down on his feet.

<You need to be more careful there, don't want to run into and accidentally hurt them.> The bear said with a tiny smile. <You okay though little pup?>

"Um, uh, y-yeah I'm alright," he replied a little nervous.

<Wait, you can actually speak pony?> The bear asked in surprise.

"Well, uh, yeah I mean I'm not exactly a dog, or at least I wasn't one." He mumbled.

<Not a...Oh you must be Spike, and sorry if I'm making you nervous, I tend to do that to others. But I'm Harry the bear, and I heard about you from both Owlowiscious and Fluttershy. Can't believe you used to be that little dragon, but what's on your mind to make you miss me?> Harry asked sitting down to show he wasn't gonna go anywhere.

"Oh, yeah I've met you a few times. Well, um, there's nothing really on my mind. I was just wondering around not paying attention to anything and ran into you, and sorry about that." He said, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

<Ha, well why were you just wondering then if there's nothing on your mind?> Harry asked. <I mean you live with that purple Unicorn Twilight right?>

"Yeah, I do live with her and really there's nothing really on my mind. I just wanted to take a walk around town, is that a crime?" He asked.

<Well, no I guess not.> Harry said putting a claw up to his lip in thought. <Well hey, if you have any problems you're more than welcome to come and find me okay?>

"Sure can do big guy, now go and get yourself some honey." He said, and shrunk back a little at the look the bear was giving him.

<That wasn't funny, I'm allergic to honey.> Harry said.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know." He apologized.

<It's no problem that and also some bears consider that racist so be careful if you run into any other bears. Mostly because not all of them are as nice as me.> Harry said getting up and started to walk towards the forest. <See ya around pup, and tell Winona I said hi.>

"Um, sure and again sorry about the honey thing." He replied, and giving a sigh. "Now, where do I go?"

<Oh, there you are Mr. Spike, Ms. Twilight wanted you to head over to Sugar Cube Corner. From what I heard they have a surprise for you, though you didn't hear that from me okay?> Owlowiscious said, making him jump slightly.

"A-alright, thanks I guess," he said giving the owl a smile. "Hey Owlowiscious, how is Twilight holding up?"

<Oh, she seems to be stressed but not as stressed enough to send the entire town into mindless ponies who fight over a toy.> Owlowiscious replied.

<That's good to hear,> he replied.

<Did you just speak in dog?> Owlowiscious asked in surprise.

"No, I talked normally. What's strange is that I'm able to understand you," he replied rolling his eyes. <Well see you later.>

<Yeah, see you later.> Owlowiscious said, and shook his head. <Wonder if he'll realize he is starting to speak in dog, maybe somepony will tell him at the party.>

He once again set out to Sugar Cube Corner, knowing that if he had shown up earlier it wouldn't have mattered since Pinkie had some kind of magic to make things appear and disappear. Though did know what kind of surprise this was, considering where Owlowiscious told him to go. He was hoping that this party would help take his mind off of things for a bit.

Once again Sugar Cube Corner came into view though this time he didn't stop knowing that he would make them worry if he didn't show. When he got to the door he could hear whispers on the other side and noticed the lights where off. So right away he knew that this was a classic Pinkie surprise party.

"Surprise!" All of the ponies jumped out and yelled when he opened the door.

"Hey guys," he said waving his paw.

"So were ya surprised Spike? Were ya? Huh? HUH?" Pinkie asked getting uncomfortably close.

"Um, uh, yeah I was very surprised." He answered moving his eyes from side to side looking for an escape. "Uh, hey someone is trying to pop those balloons over there."

"Oh well, I have plenty more. Now come on over and let's mingle!" Pinkie said picking him up and started playing music to dance to.

After a little bit, he managed to get away from Pinkie thanks to a little help from Gummy. Who doesn't even talk much as it turns out, though he does seem a little scary despite him being a baby alligator when he does speak. Once he managed to sit down he let out a sigh, he noticed a few ponies giving him a strange look and just shrugged it.

"Hey Spike, it's time for presents!" Pinkie said suddenly standing in front of him.

"What? But it's not my birthday or anything," he said confused.

"I know, but I figured it would make you feel better." Pinkie said, dragging him over to a table that wasn't there five minutes ago. "Now, there aren't that many but I hope that's okay?"

"It's fine I mean like I said, it's not my birthday or anything." He replied seeing that there was only about six on the table, probably from his six friends.

"Okay, well which one do you want to open first?" Pinkie asked, letting him take a moment to think.

After deciding which one to open first, Pinkie grabbed it and let him manage to figure out how to unwrap it. Once all presents were unwrapped he looked over them. He ended up getting a book, a pie, a nice looking gem encrusted collar, some balloons, a autographed picture of the Wonderbolts, and a tag with his name on it.

"Um, thanks guys." He said giving them a smile, and noticing that the other guess seemed to have disappeared.

"No problem Spike," Applejack said. "Now I have to get home, see y'all tomorrow."

" Alright, and I guess we all better go. It is starting to get late, you coming Spike?" Twilight asked avoiding looking at both Fluttershy and Pinkie.

"Actually, do you mind if me and Rainbow borrow him for a little bit longer? We have a few other gifts to give him." Pinkie asked.

"Um, sure that's no problem with me, how about you Spike?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, that's fine," he said.

"Great, bye Twilight, bye Applejack, bye Rarity, bye Fluttershy!" Pinkie said.

"Bye." They all said at the same time and they started going through the door.

"So, what did you two want to give me?" He asked once the rest of their friends left.

"Oh, just an extra couple gifts." Rainbow said with a grin he knew from somewhere but couldn't quite place it. "But how's it been so far, because I've heard it's been ruff?"

"Well, it's been going a lot better than expected besides a few things here and there." He answered.

"Good to hear, just don't go chasing any cat's okay?" Dash said with a little smirk.

"Oh ha ha, very funny." He said rolling his eyes.

"Yeah Dashie, don't go barking up the wrong tree!" Pinkie said with a slight giggle.

"Well, it's not like I'm gonna mark my territory on it." Dash said, making both of them chuckle a little more.

"Are you two making fun of me?" He asked.

"Making fun of you? We aren't making fun of you silly, we just wanted to have a little laugh and thought you needed one to." Pinkie said.

"By making dog jokes? You know, when I opened Rarity's gift that was fine, but now you two are making jokes about me being a dog? I mean not as many as I thought you two would do, and to top it off that's what you two really wanted me to stay here for? So you can make these jokes without any other pony around? That's just plain out mean and cruel you know that? I may have said everything has been going good and better than expected, but somethings are still getting to me." He stared.

"Spike.." Pinkie tried.

"No, if it's another dog joke I don't want to hear it. I mean first there was Applejack and her family treating me like a dog, then Rarity giving me a collar, and Fluttershy giving me dog tags, and now you two with these stupid jokes? I'm starting to really think you guys really do see me as nothing more than another animal. I mean do you guys know how hard I already had it as a baby dragon? You all used me as your official luggage carry where ever we went, and always made fun of me then for what I wore to cook, or how old I looked. I just...I just need to be alone for a little while." He said running out the door.

"Sheesh, we were only joking, right Pinkie? Pinkie?" Dash asked, looking from the door over to her friend to see her mane deflate. "Oh come on Pinkie, what's the matter?"

"I-I wanted to make him feel better, not worse." Was all Pinkie said, before grabbing a hidden gift from under the table and slowly walked up the stairs. "I didn't even give him his big surprise gift."

"Great, now we have two upset friends. Best go and tell the others what happened." Dash said, giving a sigh and started flying out the door. "Wonder how long Spike has been holding all that in anyways? Didn't sound like he got all of what he wanted to say out there." She shrugged her shoulders as she flew.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed, and remember to smile, smile, smile!