• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 6,790 Views, 336 Comments

Spike The Dog - bakersong



After Spike and Twilight go through the portal from the human world to the pony world something goes wrong. Spike is still a dog, but he starts to notice a few things. He could now understand the other animals perfectly.

  • ...
41
 336
 6,790

Asking

<So, what are you going to do now?> Maple asked, her tone gentle and comforting.

<I-I think I'm gonna go talk to Winona.> He replied, looking at the wolf who gave him a little push her paw.

That got him started to walk toward Winona, who was bouncing around in some hay, and to him it made her look cute. Though once Winona noticed him approaching, she started to head his way with boundless energy it seemed. Taking a few more steps they meet up, and he gulped a little looking back at Maple who gave him a nod.

<Hey Spike, I see you're feeling better.> Winona said. <What brings ya here? I mean I saw ya talking to Applejack, what was that about?>

<I, um, I-I was talking to her about you.> He managed to say not meeting her eyes.

<Me? Why?> Though as she asked he could tell that she had become nervous by the tone in her voice.

<Well, um, do you remember when you licked me?> He asked, making her shift from paw to paw but she nodded. <I-it got me thinking.>

<Y-yeah? About what?> Winona asked, her tone full of nervousness but it also had an undertone of excitement.

<W-well, it got me to think about us. Our friendship, and where I want it to go.> He said, rubbing one leg on the other nervously.

<And where do you want us to go?> Winona asked, moving closer to him where she was almost muzzle to muzzle.

<How about I just show you...> He leaned forward and gave her a lick on the lips, making her squeak in surprise.

<Y-you just kissed me...> Winona said, still surprised.

<Yeah, b-because I like you Winona, l-like really like you.> He said, though before he could speak again he found himself on his back looking into Winonas eyes as she gave him a pony kiss.

<D-did I do that right?> Winona asked after breaking the kiss

<Y-yeah, t-that was right...> He said still laying on his back in surprise though before she could move back any further he gave her a kiss on the nose making her giggle.

<Sooo....> Winona said, helping him up.

<I know the answer, but would you like to go out with me?> He asked, all the nervous energy gone, instead replaced by glee.

<Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.> Winona said, nuzzling him and he nuzzled back. <How about we meet in front of the Post Office tonight?>

<That sounds good, but I thought I would get to plan it.> He replied.

<Nope, not with me cause I've been planning a date with you for awhile now. But I have to get back to work, I'll see you later okay?> Winona said as she ran back to the fields.

<Well, that went well and it looked like you enjoyed yourself a bit little pup. Though kissing before the first date.> Maple said, suddenly standing beside him making him jump a little bit.

<How... where....> He started feeling like his heart might jump out of his chest.

<I'm a hunter remember? I know how to be quiet when I need to be. Though I am really glad to see such a goofy smile on you my little pup.> Maple said, making him blush a little. <Though I wish she had been a little more gentle, but it isn't anything Fluttershy can't patch up.>

He looked at his bad leg to see it bleeding a little bit, and now that he knew it was bleeding the pain hit him like a tone of bricks making him feel nauseous. Though Maple caught him before he fell, making him lay down and told him to take a deep breath. Which seemed to work as soon the nausea faded and the pain subsided.

"Here, come inside and let me patch that up for ya." Applejack said, walking from her house.

"How did you know..." Then it hit him, she had been watching them which would explain the smile and concern in her eyes.

"At, no you don't, the less you move the better until we get ya patched up." Applejack said, and before he could protest Maple put him on her back and the three of them headed toward the house. "We have a lot of medical supplies inside, mostly because Big Mac tends to get hurt a lot, just let me go get some and you just lay on the couch."

They went in and Maple gently put him on the couch, which he laid down immediately knowing that he had no choice in the matter. Soon though Applejack came back with a first aid kit, and started to patch him up. Which stung like the heat in Tarturus. But he bit back his yelps as she applied the cleaning alcohol.

"So, from the looks of it your talk with Winona went very well." Applejack said, getting the bandage ready.

<Y-yeah...> He cleared his throat. "Yeah, it went good. We have a date tonight, if that's okay with you."

"No ruff housing, Fluttershy would kill me if you fully reopened that wound. But I'm happy for ya Spike, and who knows you might be apart of my family before ya know it." Applejack gave him a wink, and applied the bandage. "There we go, you should be good to go. Like I said, no ruff housing."

"Is that a Timber Wolf?!" Applebloom suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Yup, this is Maple the one I told ya about AB." Applejack said, giving Maple an apologetic look.

"Wow, she's just so pretty! But why is she called Maple?" Applebloom asked, coming down the stairs.

<I was named Maple because that it the Timber Wolf way, because I was born from a Maple tree.> Maple replied, then looked to Spike to translate.

"She says it's a tradition for Timber Wolves to name their pups depending on what kind of tree they're made of." He said, and Maple gave a sigh and nodded.

"That's so cool! So if I were born from an Apple tree, does that mean my name would be Apple?" Applebloom asked.

<We have many names for different kind of trees, so it's difficult to tell.> Maple said.

"She says that they have many names for different trees, so she couldn't really tell you." He replied.

"Um, hey Spike I just noticed but you have a little bit of a weird ascent." Applebloom said, and Applejack instantly scolded her.

"Applebloom!" Applejack said.

"It's fine, I figured you would ask about it. It's become difficult for me to speak pony, as if it's now like a second language to me." He answered.

"So, does that mean if you don't concentrate you'll start barking instead of talking?" Applebloom asked, giving him a slightly confused look.

"Pretty much, say from the looks of it you're ready for another meeting with your friends." He said, making her gasp.

"I almost forgot! See ya later Spike and Maple! Love ya sis!" The filly said as she ran out of the house, making Applejack give a sigh.

"Thanks for answering those questions you two, ever since I told her about you Maple she's been bugging me to let her see ya." Applejack said.

"It's no problem." He said. "I think we better get back to Fluttershys so I can get cleaned up for tonight."

"Alright, see ya around lover boy." Applejack said going outside, and Maple put him on her back and they went off back to Fluttershy's.