• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 22,883 Views, 748 Comments

Pretty in Pink - Sarcastic Brony



Anon was rather content with his life in Equestria. Now, he must comes to terms with his feelings about a certain pink pony.

  • ...
79
 748
 22,883

Day Fifty Two

I fall onto the couch. My entire body is burning, but I can’t help the smile on my face. I feel something settle next to me. I look over to see Pinkie is resting up against me.

“It’s official.” I say with my smile never leaving.

Pinkie looks into my eyes with a gentle smile on her face as well.

“Yeah. We’re finally living together.” She says with love oozing from her tone.

I sit up some so she can rest her head against my chest as we cuddle some.

“Where did you hide all this stuff?” I ask as I look around the room.

I was surprised when Pinkie managed to pack everything in only a day. Even more surprised when I saw how much she actually had. Her room isn’t that big, but boy did she have more than thirty boxes packed and ready for us to move. I was thankful that I asked Applejack if I could borrow a wagon. It definitely helped make the move easier.

There was also the goodbyes. The Cakes were rather sad to hear Pinkie was leaving, but also happy that I asked her to move in with me. The twins of course didn’t understand and were crying, but Pinkie was able to get them smiling again. She talked to them like they were older ponies and they responded that way. She told them she wasn’t going to be gone for long and would still come here to work. It was enough to keep them from crying.

After the emotional stuff, then we had to deal with the physical. It may sound odd, but I didn’t want anyone else to help us with this. I like to think this entire thing is symbolic in a way. My aching back and arms just make this day feel better than ever. Speaking of not wanting help. Our friends have been in a big hoopla over Pinkie and I moving in together.

It’s understandable. Still, they haven’t stopped talking about it since Pinkie told them yesterday. I even caught Rarity trying to sneak in early this morning to get an idea of how she wants to redecorate this place. She said now that Pinkie and I are living together, then we must make this house into a home for the both of us.

I was fine with that, but Pinkie didn’t really care either way. After a promise to meet Rarity at her home to talk designs later, she left without much of a fuss. The others stopped by as well to offer help, but each time I told them that we were fine. Twilight documented how we each felt about living together and then we got back to work.

All in all this morning was filled with a lot of stuff, but now that it’s the afternoon, the only thing on my mind is food. My stomach growls loudly to make that statement well known.

“I think I need food.” I say rubbing my stomach.

Pinkie giggles. “Want me to make you something?”

I feel an odd sensation in my body. The thought that Pinkie would get up to make me food isn’t abnormal, but the fact that she lives here and will return to my side when she’s done.. It fills me with a very warm feeling inside.

“Are you sure?” I ask. “We both are pretty tired.”

She gets up from the couch.

“I don’t mind. After all, I need to get use to this kitchen!” She says with total glee.

There’s that feeling again. She’s actually as happy as I am about this entire thing. Not that she wouldn’t be. It’s still just these weird thoughts. She’s going to make me something to eat, then she’ll be back here and later we’re going to lay in the same bed to sleep. Only to wake up looking into the others eyes. This isn’t a one time thing, this is going to happen each and every day.

I can feel my heart flutter at those thoughts. I love her so much. Knowing she’ll always be there sets my soul soaring. I get up and decide to follow her. I enter into the kitchen and notice Pinkie’s rump sticking out from behind the fridge. I pull up a chair as she hums to herself while she looks around for something to make.

“What do you want to eat?” She asks.

“Anything is fine.” I answer.

Pinkie walks away from the fridge with a few items on her back. She walks over to the counter and turns her head so she can grab and set them down. I can see that she’s making sandwiches of some kind. I get up from my seat and walk over to the cupboard and get a few plates for us. I set them onto the counter for her. I know that some of the stuff in my kitchen is out of reach, seeing as it’s made specifically for my size.

“Thank you.” She says as she gets onto her hind hooves so she can reach the counter.

I feel a mischievous smile grow on my lips as I walk behind her and wrap my around her stomach. She jumps a little from shock, but soon goes back to focusing on her task.

“No problem.” I say.

I slowly move my hands now as I rub her stomach some. I make sure to move low enough to reach her soft spot that’s bare of fur, but not too low as to make her uncomfortable. I can feel her body heat starting to rise.

“Anon, what’re you doing?” she asks as she tries desperately to keep her mind focused.

“I’m enjoying my mare.” I say with a smile.

She seems to shiver at my words.

“Well don’t distract me or else I’ll make a mess.”

I lean in some and kiss her cheek. I can see how red they are as she slowly tries to place some bread onto one of the plates. I remove my hands from her stomach and bring them up to each of her ears. I scratch them at the base as she lets out a sigh.

“I love you,” I whisper into her ear.

“I love you too.” She answers.

I move away from her and towards the fridge. I open it and look inside.

“What do you want to drink?” I ask.

“Chocolate milk if you have it.”

I smile as I pull out the milk and set it onto the counter next to her. I also pull out some orange juice for myself. I get us both a glass and fill them up. I notice that Pinkie is already setting our plates onto the table and taking her seat. I walk over and set her glass next to her and walk over to my seat. As I look over the table at her, I can’t help but smile.

This meal is nothing special, yet to have Pinkie be the one who made it. To have her here sharing in this moment. Nothing will ever compare to this time we’re sharing. Even as I look into her eyes I can see her giving me the same look. Nothing needs to be said between the both of us as we eat quietly. This whole thing is so surreal, yet I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Our meals are finished and I get up to take our plates to the sink.

“Thank you, Pinkie.” I say appreciative that she made me something.

“No problem,” She gets out of her chair. “So what now?”

“We still need to unpack your stuff. I also need to return that wagon to Applejack.”

“Do you want to return the wagon while I get started on the unpacking?”

I nod. “Yeah. I won’t take long.”

Pinkie walks up to me and gets onto her hind hooves so she can hug me properly.

“See you.”

I hug her back with just as much enthusiasm.

“See you.”

We both break away and I walk past her. I get outside and make sure that the wagon is still in good shape before I start to walk it over to Sweet Apple acres.


“Well I can’t just let you go without a housewarming gift!” Applejack says with irritation as she tries to give me a bottle of her cider.

“Pinkie’s just moving in. No need to go out of your way with gifts.”

“You and I both know where this is going.”

I let out a sigh. “Fine.”

I reach over and take the bottle of cider that was sitting on her back.

“There ya go. Now all you need to do I reckon is head on back home and get things settled.”

I give her a nod. “Sure do. Thank again, AJ.”

“No problem.”

I turn away with a wave and head towards Ponyville. I know I told Pinkie I would be back as soon as I could, but I want to get one little thing before I return.


I walk into our home with a smile and a small bag in hand.

“Is that you, Anon?” Pinkie asks from the room above.

“Yeah! How’s it going up there?”

“Just fine. I could use a little help.”

“Be right there!”

I set the bag onto the couch as I head on up to our room. Again, the small differences make my heart flutter. Instead of it being my room, it’s our room. Instead of my home, our home. I walk into our room and look around at a few new additions. Nothing as crazy as I was expecting, just a few streamers and balloons here and there.

“Need help?” I ask.

Pinkie gives a nod towards a box. “I have a few things in there.”

I walk up to the box and open it. The first thing I notice is a framed picture sitting on the top. I slowly reach inside and pull it out as I look at it. I’ve never seen this picture before. As I examine it closer, I find a filly version of Pinkie. Not only that, but there are a few other ponies in the picture as well. I can only assume they are her sisters and parents.

“Is this your family?” I ask as I show her the picture.

She looks at the image and gives a small nod. I was expecting her to be a bit more enthusiastic.

“Is something wrong?”

She shakes her head. “No, just thinking about stuff. It’s been awhile since I last saw my sisters.”

I walk over to her and look at the large empty wall behind the dresser. There’s a lone nail sitting perfectly in the center. I use to hang my hat on it, well, back when I actually had a hat. I let that thought die as I hang the picture up.

“Looks nice.” I say.

Pinkie nods. “It does.”

“That reminds me. Wait here.”

I walk out of the room and back downstair to get the bag I left. Once I get it I return to Pinkie.

“What’s that?”

I smile. “I thought you would like it.”

I reach inside and pull out a framed picture with a stand. I sit in on top of the dresser as Pinkie moves closer to get a better look at it. I can see her eyes start to glisten some as she gets a clear view of what she’s looking at. I went to Sugarcube corner after visiting Applejack to get her something personal. I was surprised when the Cakes allowed me to take a picture of Pinkie when she’s playing with the twins. All three of them with large smiles on their faces. It looked like they didn’t even know the Cakes were taking a picture.

It didn’t take me long to get it framed and back to the house.

“They’re family. Having a picture of them seems right.”

No words come from Pinkie as she looks up at me with a few tears rolling over her cheeks. I can tell she’s speechless. I lean down and use my index finger to poke her nose.

“I love you.” I say.

She starts chuckling as her tears keep falling.

“I love you too.”

Author's Note:

So much delay! However, here's the next chapter. We still have a few more to go before the conclusion. Hope you guys enjoy!