• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 22,799 Views, 748 Comments

Pretty in Pink - Sarcastic Brony



Anon was rather content with his life in Equestria. Now, he must comes to terms with his feelings about a certain pink pony.

  • ...
79
 748
 22,799

Twilight

Alright, so who do you want to know about next? Hmm... Well I think the next best choice would have to be Twilight and by extension, Spike. You see, our friendship wasn't always the most stable to begin with. She has always been an excitable one and had that thirst for knowledge, but due to that trait she often forgot about personal space. Though with some time and a bit of nurturing, we became good friends.


I’m currently sitting on a park bench just thinking about everything that has been happening over the past few weeks. Rainbow is busy with work today and can't hang out with me. Something about bad weather in Trottingham and she was needed to help with the storm. She wouldn't be back for a few days and I’m already missing her. The ponies are still keeping their distance from me so I didn't have many friends to hang out with.

Not only that but most of the elements haven’t warmed up to me yet. I have no idea where Lyra is, but she’s probably in Canterlot doing something.

“Anon?”

I look up and see Twilight standing there in front of me with Spike on her back.

“Hey, Twilight.” I give a fake smile.

“Are you alright? You look pretty down in the dumps.”

I shrug trying to play it off as nothing.

“Just wishing Rainbow was here.” I answer.

“Well, are you sure you’re ok?” She presses gently.

“I’ll be fine, Twilight. I'm a big boy after all.” I chuckle sadly.

She stands there and rubs one of her forehooves over the other.

“You know, if you wouldn't mind, I’d like to ask you some more questions about your race.” Twilight asks.

Not what I had planned for the day, but it’s better than just sitting here sulking about being alone.

“Yeah, I think I can spare some time.” I answer.

“Great! Spike and I are out buying our groceries for the week. Can you meet me at the library in a few minutes?”

I nod at that.

“See you there.”

With that all done, Twilight takes off with Spike. I give her my best fake smile until she leaves my sight. I release a long sigh. This is going to be a long day. I stand from my spot and slowly walk to Twilight’s treeberry. Not like I’ve got much else to do but sit and wait.


Twilight was nice enough to set out some snacks and drinks for our little talking session. It started with some basic stuff like how we managed without magic. A topic we frequently return to. I tell her as much as I can about our tech. She understands I can't tell her how they work, or how to make them, but she appreciates that I try. I was able to tell her the basics on how pens were made and that little invention sparked her need to make one. She usually keeps me up to date on the progress on that. So far, not so good.

After all her questions, I would ask her about Equestria. I pretty much already have the one o one on this place, but any deeper things I wanted to know about I would ask. She is very understanding and didn't get mad when I thought she was lying that Celestia actually controlled the sun and Luna the moon. The reason she wasn't mad was because the day before I told her how our sun and moon worked and that left her baffled.

Though right now she has been asking more personal questions. How I'm coming to terms with my sudden arrival and how everypony is treating me. I answer her as I always have.

“Just taking it one day at a time, Twilight.” I let out a sigh.

“I know the princess has been helping you a lot, but I just worry.” Twilight urges.

I nod. “I get it, Twilight. I thank you for caring as well.”

“So nothing to report about?”

I shake my head. “Other than keeping their distance, the ponies here are accepting.”

She gives a sad nod at that. “I understand. They were the same way with Zecora.” She then cheers up a little. “Don't worry though! I'm sure they’ll come around eventually.”

I smile a little at that too. “I’ll hope for that.”

The room soon becomes awkwardly silent.

“Do you have anymore questions?” I ask.

She shakes her head. “Not today, I will make up some more though as they come.”

I nod as I get up. “Well, then I’ll see you around, Twilight.”

“Wait!”

I stop and turn to face her.

“Yeah?”

“Would you like to stay for dinner? I know that it can get lonely at times.” She then looks over to Spike who is passed out on the couch. “I'm lucky to have Spike, so it doesn't get too lonely.”

“No. I wouldn't want to impose.” I try to reason.

“Don't worry, Anon. Just give me a few minutes and I should be done soon.”

“Um, alright.” I relent.

Twilight gives one last nod to me as she practically skips into the kitchen. I just sit next to the sleeping dragon and wait for whenever Twilight finishes the meal. Soon the peace and quiet of the library is gone as the sounds of pots and pans banging together can be heard. Not only that, but silent cursing can be heard as well.

I get up and slowly walk towards the kitchen.“Need any help?” I ask not liking that sound much.

“No!” I hear Twilight yell out as I stop in my tracks. “Don't worry, I got everything under control.” I hear a panicky tone.

I take my seat again unsure of what to do. I decide it’s best to wait it out if she is fine. Though all the sounds soon wake up Spike as he looks around confused. His eyes fall onto me and then move over to the kitchen.

He rubs the sleepiness from his eyes. “Is Twilight cooking again?” He asks groggily.

“I would assume so.” I answer.

He shakes his head. “I’ll go help her before she makes a mess.”

I can't help but smile at his attitude as he hops off the couch and walks into the kitchen. A few minutes later a blushing Twilight comes into the living room and takes a seat next to me.

“Spike said he would handle the cooking.”

I smirk at her. “Not that good at it?”

“I-I never had the natural talent.” She admits.

I chuckle at that. “Tell me about it. I was never great at cooking either.”

She looks at me confused. “What about that ‘Bar-B-Q’ you were telling me about?”

I chuckle. “That’s different from cooking, Twilight. That’s a man thing, it’s kinda in our DNA.”

“So human mares can't Bar-B-Q?” Twilight asks.

I look to her with alarm. “Twilight, don't even speak of such sacrilegious things!”

“What did I say!?” She asks in a panicked tone.

I drop my act and chuckle at her. “Just messing with you, Twilight.”

She makes a pouty face. “You know I can never tell when you’re messing with me.”

I ruffle her mane some. “It’s all in good fun.”

“So can human mares Bar-B-Q?”

I look at her with a deadpan expression. “This isn't a time for joking, Twilight.”


Twilight and I are currently sitting at the table as Spike lays a magnificent spread before us. Sure it’s missing all the goodness of meat but I’m definitely not going to complain about free food.

“Damn, Spike.” I praise him as I pat his back. “Good looking spread you got here. How long have you been cooking?”

He blushes some at the compliment but soon recovered.

“Well, I’ve been cooking for Twilight since she was a filly.” He proclaims with pride.

“Wow, that would have made you rather young, right?”

He nods. “Yeah, but I also had some help from Celestia or the royal cooks.”

“Well good job, this looks amazing.”

I hold out my fist to him. He smiles at that as he pounds his fist against mine. Twilight is setting out the plates as Spike takes his seat across from her.

“So what have you planned to do with your life, Anon?” Spike asks.

I shrug. “Not sure. Kinda just helping everyone that needs a hand at the moment.”

Twilight perks up at that. “Oh! So you’ve been helping ponies?”

“Well.” I pause some. “Not really ponies, more like a pony. I help Lyra with stuff around her house. Sweet mare.” I admit. I then think a bit more. “I also help Pinkie sometimes. Though Mr & Mrs.Cake are still wary of me.”

“It's good to know you’re already making friends.” Twilight smiles at me.

I chuckle. “Can anyone not be friends with Pinkie?”

Twilight shivers at that. “One pony or actually one donkey tried. Let’s just say they’re good friends now.”

I wasn't surprised to be honest. Pinkie seemed to be that kind of pony.

“Yeah, I can imagine that.” I nod.

I look down to see my plate is clean and the remainder of the food is also gone.

“Well, seems my time here is up.” I say as I stand up. “Thanks again, Twilight, for having me for dinner.” I give her a smile.

“No worries, Anon. But, can't you call me Twi. All my friends do.”

It's always weird when someone wants to be your friend, even more so when that someone is a pony. It always warms my heart though when they ask stuff like this. I give a nod.

“Sure thing, Twi.”

“Spike, how about you show Anon out? I’ll get the dishes.”

He didn't hesitate to jump on that offer. “OK!”

I just chuckle at Twilight shaking her head at his enthusiasm. He quickly walks me to the front door. I turn around and take a knee as I extend my hand to him.

“See you later, small stuff.”

He gets a pouty face. “Yeah, yeah.” He then bumps fists with me.

“Later.” I say as I take my leave.


I give a nod at that memory. Twilight and I actually started to get closer after that. She would invite me over every so often for dinner and we would spend a good amount of time talking to each other about our respective worlds. Spike and I also got closer after that day. Seeing as I was his only guy friend, he would always come to me for advice or someone to talk to about his problems.

I can't help but smirk as I look back to my journal. I dip my quill into the inkwell briefly...

Making friends with a unicorn and a dragon... Man, if only I could tell 5 year old me about this.

Author's Note:

[General edits made to this chapter on 2/11/15]
Quick little chapter for y'all out there. Now head on over to the next!