• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 22,773 Views, 748 Comments

Pretty in Pink - Sarcastic Brony



Anon was rather content with his life in Equestria. Now, he must comes to terms with his feelings about a certain pink pony.

  • ...
79
 748
 22,773

Day Twenty Eight

I let out a long sigh as I look to my journal, quill in hand.

I knew this day would come, but I hoped it would’ve been later rather than sooner.

I look up from my writing and watch as Pinkie packs the little things we brought and some small souvenirs we bought as well. On the outside she looks as happy as ever, but I knew on the inside she is just as worried as I am. I look down to my journal once more.

We’re about to head back to Ponyville soon. We got up bright and early so we could catch the morning train. I know you will probably be bored while you sit in my bag. So how about I tell you something that happened yesterday? I got to see the princess. No, not Luna, Celestia. Let me tell you. I was beyond surprised when she sent a guard to ask if I could see her. Let me start from the top.


“And then there was this giant explosion that rained down candy all over Equestria!” Pinkie says as she springs into the sky, making explosion sounds. “And that is how I got myself locked in the dungeons for a few days.” She finally ends her story.

I scratch the back of my head in confusion. “But that doesn't answer my question.”

She looks back to me with a small blush. “Oh, what was the question?”

“I asked if you wanted ice cream.” I chuckle at her as she looks away from me in embarrassment. I can't help but pull her up into my arms. “That’s why I love you, Pinkie.”

She returns the hug with a sigh of content. “I love you too.”

“Excuse me, sir?” I hear a rather rugged voice asks.

I look over with Pinkie still in my arms and spot a royal guard. Daytime edition.

“Is there a problem?” I ask.

He shakes his head. “No sir. I was told by the princess that she requested an audience with you.”

“Luna?” I ask.

He shakes his head. “Princess Celestia.” He answers.

I gently set Pinkie down as I face the guard. What would Celestia want to talk about? We don't really know each other that well. We kinda just give each other our respect, but we never tried to make a friendship.

“Um, sure.. What time?” I ask.

“At your convenience, sir.”

I look over to Pinkie. “Do you mind?”

She shakes her head with a smile. “Not at all!” She then looks to the guard. “Let her know we will be there right away.”

He gives her a salute and takes his leave.

“This is very odd.” I admit.

“Why?” Pinkie asks.

“Well, you know Luna and I are rather good friends. The same can't be said about Celestia. I don't know, we never really clicked with each other.” I reach into my pockets and feel the bits I have. “Not to mention she has been rather kind to me lately. It makes me wonder why.”

“Well, lets not waste time thinking what it might be and go see her!” She says just before taking my hand into her spitcurl.

I just follow silently as Pinkie drags me along. I’m rather worried about what this could be about.


The guards showed us to the throne room upon our arrival. Pinkie and I stood in front of the door and wait for the go ahead to enter inside. A guard comes from the throne room and gives us a nod as he opens the door. Pinkie and I both walk in, me more reluctant than her. I just follow behind her as I take a look around the room. I will admit this place is rather beautiful. It leaves me in awe everytime I see it. Like a wonder of the world.

I find myself lost in thought as I bump into Pinkie. I quickly right myself as I look towards the throne. There sits Celestia. Looking down upon us with her motherly smile. No matter how many times I see her, she always has that smile.

“Thank you for coming, Anonymous.” She looks over to Pinkie. “Nice to see you here as well, Pinkie.”

I give a quick bow alongside Pinkie.

“Well, we weren't doing anything important.” I admit.

She gives a few nods. “I’ve heard talk about what has been happening in Ponyville.”

Pinkie and I both shrink a little at that.

“Yeah, something did happen.” I say.

“Care to elaborate?” She asks.

“Twilight probably did a fine job letting you know.” I answer trying to hold back the bitterness in my tone.

“Forgive me, Anon. I simply worry over what happens.” She shakes her head. “I understand, It’s none of my business.”

I feel a little bad about snapping at her as a small sigh leaves me.

“No, it’s alright. I just don't think this is any of your concern, nor your students, or her friends.” I look back to her. “Was that all, Princess?”

She lets out a sigh as she rises from her throne and walks over to us.

“No, Anon. While I do wonder what has happened. That is not why I called you here.” She looks over to Pinkie. “Do you mind giving us a few minutes alone?”

I rest my hand on Pinkies shoulder. “I trust Pinkie. Whatever you can say to me, you can say to her.” I step up.

Pinkie looks to Celestia unsure, then back to me.

“Anon, I really don't mind wai-”

I pull her to my hip.

“As I said.” I look to Celestia as she looks directly into my eyes. “I have no problem with Pinkie being here. Do you have a problem with it?”

This is also something else that happens whenever I am around the princess. I get really defensive and protective. I never notice it at the time, but I always remember it after. Celestia’s eyes soften some as she gives a nod.

“She may stay.” Celestia nods her head towards a door located near her throne. “Lets take this someplace more private.”

She takes the lead as Pinkie and I follow after her. I can tell Pinkie is giving me a worried look. Shes never seen me act like this around ponies. Again, I never notice it at the time. Even as I followed the princess I kept my guard up. She lead us to a small sitting room of some kind. She takes her seat on a rather large and plush pillow. Another was set across from her. I take my seat on it as Pinkie takes her seat on the same pillow as me.

I make sure to put my arm around her as to give her better balance. Also to keep her close while the princess is here. I just always get this weird feeling from her.

“Thank you for baring with my presence, Anon.” Celestia says with some hurt in her tone.

I can see Pinkie look up to me, then back to the princess. I could tell she is very uncomfortable right now. I remain silent as the room slowly fills with an uneasy air.

A long sigh leaves the princess. “Anon, I know we never got off on the right hoo- er, foot, but I truly wish nothing but the best for you.” She hangs her head in shame. “If I had known what happened to you. That the guards would be so cruel.. That, that..” I feel my heart stop beating as her head rises to look at me. Small trails of tears running from her eyes and down her cheek. “To think my ponies would be so cruel.”

Was she talking about the day I arrived? Sure the guards didn't feed me or anything, but I kinda let all that go. My thoughts don't go further as Celestia looks over to a desk and uses her magic to retrieve what looks like a letter of some kind. It slowly floats over and settled into my hands. I looks down to the letter and read it aloud.

Dear, Princess Celestia.

Today I learned that ponies are real jerks

That ponies are ignorant.

I couldn't believ

Princess, I don't know what to believe anymore. Anon is always nice to everypony he meets. He even took us to cloudsdale to watch a wonderbolts show. Not only that, he took us all to Cloud nine. CLOUD NINE! He paid and everything! That’s not what hurts me so much, Princess. During this entire time, ponies were harassing Anon. Calling him a monster or an animal. The guards even told Rainbow Dash and Pinkie to keep him in line. Like he was a dog! I always thought ponies were suppose to be accepting. Have I always been wrong?

You sent me to Ponyville to learn the magic of friendship and it hurts to see so many ponies act coldly towards something they don't understand. I’m sorry to dump this on you, Princess. I just haven't been feeling too good after visiting Cloudsdale.

“I got more than a few letters from the elements on what happened in Cloudsdale.” I could catch a hint of anger in her words. “Call me foolish, but I have always thought my little ponies would be the first to accept another with open hooves, no matter their differences.” She bites her lip some. “I thought it was true, till you arrived. It was then that I saw my ponies for what they truly are. When did I become such a bad leader, Anon?”

That really caught me off guard. How is anyone suppose to answer a question like that?

“You can't blame yourself for what other ponies do.” I rub the back of my neck at that. “I don't blame you. How can I blame you? It wasn't you who called me a monster or freak..” I feel myself slowly start to sink as I think it over. “Pet, animal..” I rub my face some. “It would be selfish for me to blame you for any of that. You may rule them, but you don't control them. They have free will and they will do what they want.”

“No.” I slowly look back up as the princess locks her eyes with mine. “I can blame myself.. I’ve made so many mistakes with you. So many that it hurts when more is piled on.” She looks over to a desk again and pulls out another letter. “Twilight sent me that a few weeks after your arrival.”

I look to the letter and read it like the one before.

Dear, Princess Celestia.

I have some good news about Anon! He was here at the library reading as he usually does on his spare time. I told you a few days ago that he wasn't doing too well getting a job, but I think that has changed today. Applejack came over and asked him for his help directly! I have to say that I am proud she came to him over many of the other ponies that work in town. I’m hopeful that things are turning around for him.

But that isn't the main reason why I write this letter. Before Applejack made her offer. Anon and I were talking about you. He told me that you left him on our planet with no means to survive. I tried to defend your honor, but he did have a point. Anon came to our world with nothing, not even his own memories. Why didn't you give him even a little currency to help him?

I know you left him in my care. I just have to agree with Anon that it is rather odd. Chances are that Anon may have turned it down anyways, being as stubborn as he is. Still, it just worries me that Anon is slowly starting to resent you. I don't know why, but I can feel like he wants to blame somepony for everything, and that pony might be you. Please don't take what Anon says seriously, he still hasn't been having a great time here. I heard from Rainbow that a pony threw a rock at him yesterday.

I just remembered that Anon left his tool bag here! Better bring it back before he gets worried.”

I set the letter down. I guess in many ways Twilight is right. I do resent the princess some.

“I have failed you, Anon.” Celestia says. “It is only now do I try and repent for these past events. I know they may not mean much to you, but please know that I am truly sorry.”

Celestia bows her head to the ground, as if waiting my judgement on her very soul. I look to the letter and then over to Pinkie. She has her eyes locked on the princess, a sad look on her face. I look back to Celestia unsure what to do in this moment. I feel like I just want to leave, to say nothing. Yet, I know that wouldn't be right. I hesitantly reach over and rest my hand on Celestias hoof.

“You have no reason to be sorry.” I say. “Twilight was right though. I probably would’ve turned down the money, even if you offered. Those days, yeah I resented you, downright hated you.” Celestia slowly looks up to me with slightly watered eyes. “But,” I look over to Pinkie. “I can't hate you for how my life is now.” I look back to her. “I’m happy. Even with all the problems. I’m truly happy, Celestia. For that, I thank you. You gave me a chance, to let me out of that dungeon. I wouldn't be here if it weren’t for you and your sister.”

I remove my hand from her hoof. “Thanks, for everything.”

I feel Pinkie squeeze me tightly. Celestia uses a hoof to clear the tears that were in her eyes. She can't help but chuckle some to herself.

“You are everything your friends have told me about. Thank you, Anonymous.” She says, her voice sounding lighter than before.

“Hey,” I catch her attention. “My friends call me Anon.”

Her smile grows even larger. “Of course. Thank you, Anon.” She quickly looks over to the door. “I don't wish to waste anymore of your time.”

I could feel Pinkie elbow me some as she looks at the princess. I look back and notice a certain look in her eyes.

“Well, we have time to spare.” I say. “Luna told me that you two use to prank the guards? Tell me about that.”

She smiles turns to a chuckle. “Ah, that was many centuries ago. Are you sure you want to hear an old mare prattle on about her youth?”

I look to Pinkie and give her a wink.

“I wouldn't mind.” I say facing the princess.

Pinkie comes in. “We have the time.”

The princess gives a single nod. “Well, before my sister and I were rulers, we use to get into our fair share of trouble.”


“Are you ready to leave, Anon?” Pinkie asks.

I look away from my journal and up to her.

“Everything packed?” She gives a nod. “Alright, what time is the train leaving?”

“Not for an hour or so.” She informs me.

“Alright, thank you for packing.” I lean over and give her a kiss on the cheek.

She giggles some. “No worries, Anon.” She walks over and looks at the page I’ve been working on. “You wrote this down too?”

I nod. “Seems like an important time in my life.”

“Those stories were pretty funny.” She add with a chuckle. “Pink fur enchantment on the royal guards armor. Hilarious!”

I chuckle at that as well. “Yeah, who would’ve guessed the princess’ knew how to have fun back then.” I look back to my page written. “I’ve been an idiot.” I shake my head some. “Angry at her for no reason.”

Pinkie nuzzles my arm. “That’s in the past now.”

I nod. “Yeah, I guess it is.” I look over to a clock. “Guess I should get ready while I still have the time.”

Pinkie agrees. “Might as well.”

I pick up my quill and think of what to write.

It’s time to head home now. I know it’s going to be hard,

I look over to Pinkie as she watches me write.

but I have somepony that will be there for me.

I slowly close the book.

“Don’t worry, Anon. Everything will work out.” Pinkie assures me.

“I hope so, Pinkie. I hope so.” I say just before I walk into the bathroom.

Today is going to get harder before it gets easier.

Author's Note:

End of part 1 of 2