• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 22,701 Views, 748 Comments

Pretty in Pink - Sarcastic Brony



Anon was rather content with his life in Equestria. Now, he must comes to terms with his feelings about a certain pink pony.

  • ...
79
 748
 22,701

Day Twenty Five

It has been a few days since Pinkie and I made it to Canterlot. Once we woke up from our nap, Pinkie said that she wanted to go to Canterlot and explore the city with me. I had no quarrels with that idea, seeing as I have only been to Canterlot a few times before. I was lucky though, because I knew the ponies wouldn't treat me too badly there. They’ll just treat me like any other poor pony that doesn't deserve their attention or respect. Rather refreshing over the ponies of Cloudsdale, if I do say so myself.

We found a hotel that was actually really nice, had lots of room and a bed made for Celestia. So sharing it with Pinkie was going to be a very comfortable experience. We did sit down and have a rather long talk about what was going on back in Ponyville. I told Pinkie the truth about it all, there was no reason to keep it secret after everything that happened.


Pinkie and I currently sat at the small coffee table that was in the hotel room we rented. Honestly, I don't know where to start with my story. All I know is that I’m tired of keeping this from her. I know she probably knows it all after what happened, but I think we both would feel better if we just got it all out in the open.

“So you asked Rainbow out before me?” Pinkie asks as I look up to her.

She doesn't look sad or happy at this moment. She looks serious, not in the questioning kind of way but the more mature way. A side I seldom see, but it helps me realise that Pinkie knew when she needed to be serious or not. I gather my thoughts a bit as I lean into the corner bit of the couch we sat on.

“I did.” I let out a long sigh. “It was a few weeks or so after my arrival. Rainbow was the closest friend I had in the world, and she was there for me. One day she found me by the lake in Ponyville crying to myself over how much my life has changed and she made me feel better. After that day we agreed to share everything with each other, nothing was kept a secret between us.”

I stop as I try to gather everything to say.

“Then one day while I was at her home, I asked her if she wanted to go out sometime. She turned me down because..” I look up to Pinkie as I see the realization set it. “Well, I’m pretty sure you know why now.”

“I-Is that why you told me not to worry?” She asks.

I nod. “That was something I came to accept about her. She wasn't into me and never could be. Even when all the facts were laid out before me, I denied it all. I denied it because I thought what was going to happen, couldn’t actually happen. She is into mares and that isn't something I could change about her.”

I see Pinkies eyes start to water a bit. So I quickly pull her to my chest as I hold her tight.

“D-Do you still have feeling for her?” Pinkie asks.

“I will always have feeling for her Pinkie.” I say honestly. “It’s just, I don't think I can love her.” I raise her head so we were eye to eye. “Not like how I love you.”

She leans in and I give her the kiss she was asking for. Soon we break apart with small smiles.

“So you aren't going to leave me?” She asks.

“Why would I ever leave you?” I ask shocked.

“Well.. Rainbow has shown she does care about you. Maybe even eno-”

I place a finger on her lips to stop her as she looks up to me.

“Stop,” I say simply. “I love you and only you. I’ll never leave you.” I pause a bit. “If you agree to never leave me.”

She buried her face into my chest as she holds me tight.

“I’ll never leave you Anon, never.”

Soon we break apart and she looks slightly sad again.

“What about Dashie?” She asks.

I feel my heart hurt a bit at that as well.

“I think she is just confused right now.” I say.

“Are you two still going to be close?” She asks.

I shake my head. “Not like we use to, I don't think it would be healthy to keep up what we had. It was just a silly fantasy of what I wanted. For things to get better we can't do that anymore.”

There was a long pause between the both of us.

“..I wasn't too mad about what you two had together.” Pinkie says.

I could feel my brow raise when I hear that. She catches my questioning look and quickly picks up where she left off.

“You two were really close, and it was nice to see Dashie so happy.” She then looks sad. “But then.. After the things in Cloudsdale, I seen it change. I felt uncomfortable when she was around you. Even the thought of you two alone together made my skin crawl.”

I rub Pinkies shoulders gently as she leans against me.

“I just knew deep down that it wasn't the same anymore. I-I didn't know what it was, but it hurt me that I wanted her away from you.” Pinkie admits. “Does that make me a bad pony?” She asks looking up to me.

I shake my head. “No, I don't think it does. You just didn't like the idea of, well, Rainbow try to take me away I guess.”

“..maybe.” She says with a long sigh.

I ruffle her mane some as I try to change this rather gloomy subject into something we can enjoy.

“Cheer up Pinks. We got all the time in the world and a bag full of bits. What do you want to do in Canterlot?”

I can see the hint of a smile on her lips as she looks back to me.

“Well, I heard of a candy store just around the corner.”

I can't help myself as I pull her into a kiss. We both pull away with huge smiles.

“Let’s get ready.” I say just before I head over to my bag.


Pinkie and I were now walking down the busy streets of Canterlot. Again, I have to admit this place is awesome. Sure, being treated like a peasant sucks, but it’s better than being treated like a monster anyday of the week. Most of the ponies that saw me only took passing glances at me, and simply went about their day. If this place wasn't so expensive, I would probably live here.

“So where is this place Pinks?” I ask.

She smiles at me.

“It shouldn't be too far.”

Pinkie takes the lead as we continue on. I can't help but smile at her upbeat attitude. I know that she is still worried about her friend, but since our talk she has been looking better. Soon Pinkie trots up to a small looking shop and walks in. I follow after her with a smile on my face. As soon as we enter I’m greeted with the fresh scent of sugar in the air.

Yeah, this was definitely the place. As I look around this place I wasn't shocked that it looked like a true candy store. Everywhere there are displays that held different types of candy. I could see what looked like jawbreakers, lollipops, gummy bears. All kinds of things really. There were also some things that I didn't recognize. I walk over to a display and see what looks like a small bottle of liquid. Was this soda?

“I see you’re interested in my specialty.” I jump slightly at the voice. When I turn around I see a rather elderly looking unicorn mare starting up at me. She chuckles some. “I didn't mean to put a fright in you.”

I put my hand on my chest as I take in a few deep breaths.

“No, that was my bad. I got kinda lost in thought.” I say once I catch my breath.

She nods her head to the bottles.

“Have you ever seen something like that before?” She asks.

I shrug. “It kinda looks like soda. I’m not really sure.” I answer.

She chuckles again. “You would be right. It’s our special in house brew. Try one.”

I raise a brow at her as she hands me a bottle with her magic. I give a mental shrug as I pop the cap off with my thumb and take a sip of the liquid. As soon as it touches my tongue I had to pull back in shock. Like, literally. It shocked me! Nothing too bad but I did feel a certain spark to it. Then I could taste the sudden explosion in my mouth. This stuff was crazy good!

I can hear the mare chuckling next to me. “Some ponies get a surprise, but once they take a sip they’re hooked.”

“I can see why.” I say honestly as I take another sip.

It takes like fruit punch, but I can actually taste each fruit as they mix together. Really hard to explain.

“Hey Anon, whatcha drinkin?” Pinkie asks.

I hand her the bottle. “Try this.”

She takes a sip and her eyes light up.

“Wow!”

Before I could get the bottle back she pounds the entire thing in a second.

“Pinkie!” I groan. That stuff was really good.

She looks to me with a large blush. “Sorry.” She says just before a small burp comes from her.

I can't help myself as I start to chuckle a bit, she too starts to chuckle as well as we soon break out into laughter. I pull her up to me and give her a kiss, I couldn't hold myself from giving her one. We were lost in each others eyes until we heard another voice chuckling. We both look over to see the mare looking at us with a smile.

“Oh, that reminds me of the old days.” She says while looking off into the distance.

Pinkie and I blush a bit as I set her down gently.

“Sorry about that.” I apologize.

“No need to be sorry for showing your love.” The mare says. “I use to be the same way when I was a filly your age. Though I will admit I have never seen a creature like you before.” She says honestly.

“One of a kind.” I say with a smile. “Came to this world.” I look to Pinkie with a grin. “Found a reason to stay.”

Pinkie giggled knowing I was joking for the most part. I was stuck here as she knows but it doesn't hurt to make yourself more interesting for strangers. Then again, I am pretty interesting all on my own, being human and all.

“Isn't that the sweetest thing.” The mare says with a dreamy look. “I remember when my stallion use to take me places all around Canterlot, but you folks don't want to hear an old mare rattle on about memories.” She says with a small nod.

“I wouldn't mind.” Pinkie says.

If I knew Pinkie as well as I do, then I know she is doing this just to make the old mare smile. This mare was very old, probably around Granny Smiths age. I have spent some time with the Apples and that means I have sat around and just listened to Granny talk about when she was young. So I know that when you get to her age all you can really do is talk about your memories.

I learned a great deal about Ponyville in general thanks to Granny Smith. There’s nothing really that can compare when you have the mare that was actually there for the founding of it all. There was also a certain spark that came from Granny when she told us of her youth. So I have no problem with hearing this mare talk, she is being rather sweet to us, seeing as I’m an alien..

“We have the time.” I add on.


The trip to the candy store was actually rather nice. That mare we met was very nice and even introduces us to her son and daughter after she told us all about Canterlot. Things like how she met the princess so many years ago at the gala, and how she met her stallion there as well. She seemed to enjoy our company and we had a rather nice time listening to her as well.

Once we were done we made sure to buy some more of that soda, and more than a few bags of candy. After that we came back to the hotel, as it was getting really late, and decided to relax some for the evening.

I look to my journal with hesitation as I think of what happened last night.

I met someone I haven't seen in a long time. She is very busy after all, and I understand why she can't take the time out to visit me. Though what I didn't expect was for her to show up in my room last night while I was sleeping. Probably worse was that Pinkie was there.

I let out a large sigh as I remember that night.


I couldn't shake this feeling of being watched. I was in a deep sleep but I just had this feeling that something was close, and it wasn't Pinkie. I feel something poke me. That definitely confirmed those thoughts. I lift my head up and look around the room. Odd, nothing. I feel the poking again as I tried to lay back down to sleep. I look up again and catch my breath. It was her.

“What are you doing here, Luna?” I ask tired but in a whisper as to not wake Pinkie.

“Come with us.” Luna whisper back

I let out a sigh. “Fine.”

I gently work my way from Pinkies kung fu grip and follow Luna as she makes her way out of the hotel room we rented.

“Any reason you felt like breaking and entering this fine night?” My voice dripping with sarcasm.

“It has been many a long nights since we last spoke human friend.” She nervously rubs a hoof over the other. “We are happy to see you.”

I rub my face some. Luna and I really hit it off when we first met. How couldn't we? She was alienated from her ponies after being gone for so long and I was just an alien, period. While fear and hate were generally more hostile towards me than her, she got her fair share of it as well. We spoke a lot and became fast friends. Though since she is a princess and I live in Ponyville, we sadly can't talk much and she doesn't like doing it in dreams either. Something about me not remembering them when I wake up.

I let out a yawn as I walk over and take her into an embrace. “It’s good to see you too, Luna.”

She returns the hug with gusto. “So what has brought you to our fair city, friend?”

I scratch the back of my head nervously. “Something really personal happened over in Ponyville.” I shake my head. “Pinkie and I had to get away for awhile.”

“Pray tell, what had happened that requires you to leave?” She says curiously.

I look back to the door and then Luna. “Can we take this somewhere more private. I don't want to wake Pinkie and I don't want ponies to overhear.”

She nods at that. “Close your eyes, tis time to teleport.”

Another sigh from me. “Alright.” I hate teleporting.

I feel the magic take hold of me. Magic is a very odd thing. While as a whole it feels like water, there is a certain feeling you can get depending on the pony. Like right now, Luna’s magic feels very cool and soothing. Though that doesn't last long as we pop into a new world, spin around and then land in a few seconds. I have to catch my feet to try and balance myself.

“Easy.” I hear Luna coo. I feel myself lower onto something. “So what has kept you from your friends in Ponyville?”

I open my eyes and see that we were in Luna’s room in the castle.

“Sit down. This might take awhile.”


Luna had a sad look on her face. “Tis very sad to hear such tale. I can see why you and Laughter had decided to take your leave for awhile.”

I nod my head. “Yeah. It’s still kinda hard for me to process as well.”

I feel Luna wrap a wing around me. “We are happy to see that you hold strong in your conviction. T’is a side seldom seen in most ponies. They fall to pressure and enter into what they do not want. While it may hurt Loyalty for some time, I’m sure she will come to her senses soon.”

I wrap Luna into another embrace. “Thanks for being a great friend Luna, even if we don't see each other often.”

I feel her pat my back. “I enjoy these talks we have Anon. You are our favorite subject of them all. You love my night and you treat me as any other.”

We break from our hold.

“Well, I have always been more of a night person.” I say with a grin.

“Verily.” She confirms. Luna then looks over to the window. “Our time is done Anon. Time for you to return to your mate.”

I can't help but feel my cheeks heat up.

“S-She isn't my mate.”

“Are you two not intimate?”

The redness comes even stronger.

“I.. It ju-”

I feel Luna pat my back harder.

“Worry not friend. We merely jest.”

I let out a long sigh.

“Always good to see you Luna.” I can't help the smile I have.

“As to you, human friend.”

Before anything else could be said, I was teleported back into my room. I look over to the bed and see Pinkie was still sound asleep. I quietly get back into bed as Pinkie snuggles up to me while in her sleep. I can't help but look at the darkness that surrounds me.

“Goodnight Luna.”


I give a nod at that as I look over my journal..

Luna is a great friend, and I can't thank her enough for the help she gave me in my time of need. Though, perhaps that is something I will share with you some other time.

I look over my shoulder towards Pinkie as she gets ready.

Pinkie and I still have a city to explore.

Author's Note:

Editor seems to be afk atm. So I hope I did well in looking it over. Will post edited version whenever it is done.