• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 819 Views, 5 Comments

Starting the Record - Basmati



Vinyl Scratch comes to Ponyville, wanting to settle down in the town, and she meets Adara.

  • ...
 5
 819

Chapter 3

"How..." Twilight said, walking towards the two mares, her eyes wide with disbelief. She had never been a big music follower - she prefered reading, really - but DJ P0N-3 was somepony that everypony, especially Twilight, had heard of.
"How in Equestria..."
Vinyl turned to Adara and, while grinning, said, "Wow, she's almost as big a fan as you are."
Vinyl looked at Twilight closer. "Hey, you're that mare that defeated Discord and stopped the chocolate rain. Twilight, was it?"
Twilight stood still, a smile slowly taking over her face. "Yeah," she said, finally. "Yeah, that's me. Twilight Sparkle - saviour of Equestria."
"Twilight, can I talk to you in the kitchen for a minute?" Adara said, jerking her head in the direction of the kitchen, so that Twilight was sure to get the message.
Twilight walked with Adara into the kitchen, almost walking into the wall as she stared at Vinyl. Once inside the kitchen, Adara shut the doors and turned towards the purple unicorn.
"We have a slight problem."
"Oh my Celestia! Vinyl Scratch, the Vinyl Scratch, knows who I am!" Twilight burst.
"Twilight. Are you even listening to me?"
"How," Twilight said, ignoring what Adara had said, and putting her hooves on her shoulders and shaking them slightly. "How did you meet Vinyl 'DJ P0N-3' Scratch?"
"She was walking through town, and I saw her and she saw me - but that's not the point," Adara began. "The problem is that she asked me about where I was from, and my story."
Twilight's smile fell immediately as she heard these words. "I see." She started pacing up and down the length of the room. "And what did you say?"
"Nothing.
"What can we do? I mean, we can't just not tell her - she'll know something's up. But we can't exactly tell her the truth-"
"There's nothing else we can do," Twilight stopped pacing, and turned towards the grey unicorn mare. "We'll have to tell her the truth."

***


Vinyl sat in Ponyville Library, looking up at Adara and Twilight, as they explained Adara's origin. As Twilight explained how Adara and her friends came here, and how they are all here for a special reason, Adara turned away. She had met Vinyl Scratch, the pony she wanted to meet the most, and now she may never talk to her again. After hearing what Twilight had to say, she wasn't even sure if wanted to know herself anymore. She sounded like some kind of alien, some kind of monster, that seem to take a form similar to the one of Vinyl herself.
Twilight stopped talking, and Adara turned back around, to see Vinyl's reaction. She saw the DJ pony sitting silent for sometime, looking like she was staring at the floor, but her goggles obsured the view of her eyes.
"So, you're not a pony? You come from somewhere else?" Vinyl asked, looking at Adara properly for the first time since they came out of the kitchen.
Adara nodded, and looked down.
"That's...awesome."
Adara's head jerked up in confusion. "Wait. What?"
"You're like...an alien. Except cooler. From an entirely different world. How is that not awesome?" Vinyl stood up and walked over to face Adara.
"Wait. You're not weirded out by this? At all?"
Vinyl shook her head. "Hell no! It's great. At least you're not some weirdo or somepony who killed a bunch of ponies just because you felt like it."
Adara stood staring at the DJ pony in front of her. Suddenly, she flung herself at Vinyl, giving her a hug. She had a friend. A real friend, who accepted everything about her, even if it was extremely weird.
"Thank you. So much," Adara said.
"You are welcome. Can I get you into bed now?" Vinyl whispered in her ear.
"No," was the quick reply.
"Shoot."

Comments ( 3 )

Excessively horny, overly cool Vinyl? Yes please!
Eagerly awaiting more from you.
I'm watching you :pinkiecrazy:

Basmati-
Obviously, I'm a huge fan of your work. This and your other stories are incredible, and the sheer technical perfection of your writing combined with the creative flair really do this piece justice.
However, recently I feel you've been acting very cold to me. I walked past you on the street and you just grumbled and didn't acknowledge my presence. I sent a massive toy turtle to your house and it was returned. I even hid in your takeaway delivery van just to surprise you, however the sight of me sitting amongst the chow-mein didn't seem to excite you like I thought it would. And now you're calling me a STALKER?!?! Just because I sit on that tree near your house sometimes and whisper things into your window doesn't make me "obsessed". Just because I send you a text on the hour every hour saying simply "turtles" doesn't make me a "weirdo". And just because I crept into your room that one time (ONE TIME. ONLY ONE TIME DID THAT HAPPEN.), I am not a stalker.
Now that we've cleared things up, d'you want to have a midnight twister session? I'm just in your back garden, so pop out whenever you feel ready. Now would be good.

1067667 I am extremely flattered that you care so much about me and my work, but really, back off. Don't make me phone the police, because I will.
Also, don't you have anything to say about the chapter you just read?

Login or register to comment