• Published 7th Dec 2013
  • 772 Views, 12 Comments

Another Day, Another Dungeon - 00Pony



Twilight Sparkle accompanies Rainbow Dash to Canterlot for a book signing of Daring Do. While there, the popular series' author, Twilight Velvet - Twilight Sparkle's mother - reveals a story about Daring that Twilight never knew existed.

  • ...
1
 12
 772

Epilogue

Epilogue

"That's a story for another time, dear. If anything, it'll give you an excuse to come visit me again!"


"Wow..." Was the first thing that came out of Twilight's mouth, and for a minute or two, that was it. Her mother just sat, watching her with a small smile playing over her lips. Eventually, Twilight looked up from the half empty, fifth mug of tea and set her gaze upon her mother, "That's... incredible. Rainbow isn't going to believe it."

"I certainly like to think so." Velvet said, her tone a little smug, "But I am curious," she eventually said, "You don't seem all that surprised about the last half. You took that all in stride. I half expected you to tell me to stop talking there."

Twilight laughed, lifting her mug in her magic and swilling the contents around, "If you told me that story a year or so ago, I might have. But as it is, I have a few tales of my own to tell, mother."

"Well, I hope you feel obligated to tell me someday, considering." Velvet said. Her daughter laughed once again, in a sort of 'count on it' way.

Twilight look a long pull from her tea mug, before looking expectantly back at her mother. Velvet glanced up from her own mug, setting it down slowly as she swallowed her mouthful, "What is it, dear?"

The younger Unicorn fidgeted slightly, "What happened next? With the Doctor, I mean. Where'd you guys go?"

Her mother didn't respond right away, only gaining a smug smile and taking another, long sip from her tea. Twilight tapped a hoof on the table impatiently as her mother set the mug down, "Now Twilight, it's gotten far too late. Celestia will be raising the sun in less than an hour!" She yawned theatrically.

Twilight gave a cry of dismay and disappointment, "Mom! Please! Don't do this to me!" Her distress only made Velvet laugh harder, "That's a story for another time, dear. If anything, it'll give you an excuse to come visit me again!"

The younger Unicorn mare scrunched her nose angrily at her mother, but ultimately she gave up with an exasperated sigh, "Oh, alright fine! You win this time around, mother," she glanced at the clock, then looked sheepishly back to Velvet, "Uh... You don't mind if I stay the rest of the night? Like you said, it's gotten kinda late."

Velvet chuckled, "But of course dear. Come along, your old room is still around. You can stay there."

And the mother and daughter walked side by side towards the younger's old bedroom, making plans for when they might get together again and swap stories, be they about a mad pony in a box, or adventures with old friends.


End...

Author's Note:

The ending to this little project, that I wrote up only just now. Like I said on the last chapter, I might someday write a story involving Daring, Velvet and the Doc, but that remains to be seen. For now, I think I'll leave it ambiguous and up to the reader.

Comments ( 2 )

4793951 In all honesty, I do kinda personally view it as a cop out. I lost the inspiration and whatever ideas I had for whatever might happen after that point shortly after finishing the fourteenth chapter, and how I ended was probably less than stellar but... Well, yeah. Like I said, I lost the inspiration I had for most of this story.

Twilight's Parents now have Character Tags as well as Ahuizotl.

Login or register to comment