• Published 20th Nov 2013
  • 3,671 Views, 11 Comments

Boys of Canterlot High - InsignificantPony



After stumbling across an unknown mirror, Twilight finds herself in a gender reversed Canterlot High and must prevent Sunset Glare from claiming the Fall Formal Princess, and the crown whilst fulfilling her own prophecy.

  • ...
14
 11
 3,671

Chapter 5: A Place Like This

“Oof!” Flare tumbled out of the portal for a second time, this time with a Twilight on top of her. A purple and green pile of fluff triumphantly stood on the heap.

“Spike!?” Twilight questioned as she tried to get up on all fours. “You’re not supposed to… Spike? Are you a dog!?” The newly formed puppy turned around to get a glimpse of himself.

“I… think so? But… what are you? Is that what a human looks like?”

Flare stood up to her full height and grinned at the confusion of those two.
“Come on Twilight, stand up! We have business to do!” and she held a hand out to Twilight who hesitantly wobbled to her feet and observed her appearance. She didn’t have time to act surprised however, as a gasp was heard from a boy who had witnessed the exit of the two girls from the portal. He had dropped his leaflets in shock and they fluttered to the ground. His light pink hair partially covered his eyes has he frantically tried to pick up the papers before they blew away.

“Hey Butterscotch!” Flare heartily called! “Sorry if we disturbed you,”

“Butterscotch…” Twilight mumbled the name quietly to herself and scanned the colt. The image of the first time she met Fluttershy flicked through her head. The two seemed identical in behaviour, tone of voice and mannerisms. Her hypothesis was confirmed! At least in this case… but that must mean all the others are here as well.

“Oh no! I am sorry! I didn’t mean to disturb you and your girlfriend, Flare” and Butterscotch whimpered as he picked up the last of the leaflets and hurried away.

“We’re not dating!” Twilight and Flare blurted out, but the young male had already gone.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

“Behold!” Flare dramatically called, leading the still unstable Twilight up to the glass cabinet in the school’s main corridor. Displayed within it was the Princess of the Fall Formal crown. The light pink star at the tip of the tiara gleamed and the curls of decoration swirled around it.
Twilight instantly recognised it.

At that moment, the school bell for next lesson peeled and the doors containing hundreds of bustling students swung open, drowning the corridor and leaving Twilight flummoxed. Flare grabbed Twilight’s hand and pushed through the crowds, making her way to the nearest empty space, the hall. With the door firmly shut behind them, Twilight began to tell Flare what she knew of the crown in garbled and confused words.

“I know that crown!! In my world it’s an Element of Harmony. It represents the element of Magic and when combined with the other five elements, it is a powerful defence system which has saved Equestria many times. It must be the human version of it.” Flare just looked at her as if she was ill.

“Are… you sure you’ve not got it mixed up? Today I have witnessed my fair share of magic, but the Fall Formal crown has been tradition for decades in Canterlot High! I am pretty sure someone would know if it was magi….” The two girls suddenly noticed that they were not the only ones in the hall. They appeared to have stumbled into the middle of an argument between two very conflicting males. They turned to face the two girls, one in an accusing manner.

“Shouldn’t y’all be heading to class!” he said. Flare was unaccustomed to his tone of voice.

“I could say the same to you Applejack!” she retorted.

“Pardon! Ah’m settin’ up the hall for the Fall Formal!”

“Oh really?” Butted in the well-spoken boy to his side. “That’s not how I see it! You were trying to mess everything up again, like last year!”

“Elusive! Ah keep telling ya! That weren’t me!”

“Well no one else entered the hall in that time! You were clearly envious of the choice of beverage!”

“Pfft! Ah’m not havin’ this discussion.” And at that, the well-built male spun around and left the hall in a huff.

“Apologies that you had to witness that, girls.” Elusive addressed Flare and Twilight. “We’ve never… quite seen eye to eye.” Twilight muttered something awkwardly and avoided eye contact. This doesn’t make sense! she thought to herself, These two must be the versions of AJ and Rarity, but they don't seem to get on… but…

Relentlessly, Elusive continued to speak and so broke Twilight from her thoughts. “Are you new around here, darling? I haven’t seen you around. If there is anything you wish to know about the school, please address me! I am at the height of gossip!!”

Twilight, still feeling embarrassed for an unknown reason, kept quiet. Flare stepped in her place. “Actually, there is! We wish to know about what Sunset Glare has been up to!”

“Ooh, Sunset Glare! Umm… I regret to inform you, Flare, that he has not been the most honest of boyfriend-“

“Yes. I know. But what is he up to now!

Elusive drew himself back slightly at Flare’s outburst. “Well, if you’re going to insist on bossing people around in such a manner than I may not tell you anything at all.”
Being aware of Rarity’s mannerisms, back in Equestria, Twilight decided to step in. No, literally she stepped in between Flare and Elusive.

“Excuse me Rari- I mean- Elusive, we do not mean to offend you. We’ve just witnessed some… drama… and so we’re all in rather tense spirits at the moment, you know how it is.” Elusive nodded in a pondering manner at her words. “If you don’t know what Sunset is doing at the moment, then might you possibly be able to tell me about the crown in that corridor over there?”

At this suggestion, Elusive essentially exploded into fabulousness. “But of COURSE darling! The ceremony of the annual Princess of the Fall Formal has been a tradition for decades within the halls of our exquisite school! Each year the whole school partakes in a dance-off and everyone votes for their very favourite Princess! Of course, being in a primarily female and sexist environment, only a female is crowned, so our rowdy students have personally assigned a Prince of the Fall Formal, usually the boyfriend of the Princess, and the lovely couple are showered in praise and popularly… at least, until the semester is over.”

This wasn’t what Twilight wanted to hear, she was more interested in the crown itself, but it’s not like Elusive was going anywhere. “Thank you very much Elusive,” she concluded formally and then began to walk away, not that had any idea where she was going. She stopped when she heard his voice again.

“Anytime Darling, I’m always willing to give more advice. In the meantime, if you ever want to call me, here’s my number.” And he handed Twilight a bizarrely professional business card, whilst giving her a very slight wink.

“Uh… ok… thanks” And then Twilight hurried away, blushing, with an amused Flare following her. What does she mean by her ‘number’?

Author's Note:

Apologies for the... slight... (or maybe not slight) delay in updates. I was kind of lost for motivation to do this. Tell me if there are any mistakes or if you have any feedback, critical or not

Comments ( 6 )

In the description. Sunset Glimmer is Sunset Shimmer. Not glimmer. Sorry.

I like what you have so far but I feel like this story is kind of rush. This might me just just me :derpyderp2:

I really do hope you continue this I love the concept of the story and would love to see how it plays out but I can't force you just know I think your doing a wonderful job.:twilightsmile:

I don't like it!:ajbemused:
















I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twilightsmile:

An interesting story, I hope to read soon the next chapter :twilightsmile:

In the end, don't you mean "What does he mean by his number?"

Login or register to comment