• Published 18th Nov 2013
  • 383 Views, 3 Comments

After the fact - Poke-shpee



A story depicting what the life of the stories would be, in real life, starting about 3 or 4 years from now. There is a dark and light version of each story.

  • ...
 3
 383

Twilight sparkle

Ugh...two quizes tomorrow, one unit test. I've got sooooo much studying to do...As I sat down and pulled out my flashcards and notes, I heard a knock at the door. Two heavy thumps of hand on wood. As I opened the door, expecting to find a package, I saw a letter. "Oh!" I exclaimed, surprise. I wasn't surprised of the fact that I had gotten a letter - no no, that wasn't it. It was that the letter was in a black envelope with silvery faunt. It read, "Ofiicial Notice from the Equestrian office of Population, Deaths and Births". Well this is unexpected I thought to myself. Maybe poor old Granny Smith had died. I knew she was getting old. I picked up the letter, kicking the door closed as I toor open the seal and started to read.

"Dea r Mrs. Twilight Sparkle,
It is with great sadness I write this letter you. I regret to inform you that you brother, Shining Armour, and his wife Princess Cadence have passed away. They were off visiting the edges of the Crystal Kingdom, when they were attacked. The bandits were quite organized, and more trained that what you normally find. They demanded a ransom of 1,000,000 bits for the two of them. They ransom was paid, but as they got into the carriage a expert archer with unicorn guidance shot both in the back. They bandits have not been found, though all our efforts are concentrated on them. You brother died instantly, with the arrow severing his spinal cord and proceeding through his heart and left lung. Cadence died 3 hours later at the hospital. We are immensely sorry for you lose. The funeral will be held at the Crystal kingdom's castle in 4 days time.

Much sorrow,
Equestrian PDB office"

N-n-no. No no NO NONONONONO!!!!! Not shining, not cadence. As I slumped to the floor, my sobs prohibiting me from saying anymore, a cold dark feeling spread throughout my body. My heart slowed, and I fell unconscious to the floor.

"Miss twilight! Miss twilight!" I heard a voice faintly, one I didn't recognize. As I slowly came too, I realized that it was a cop. "Miss twilight!" I heard him shout again.

"Ughh huh?" I mumbled as he backed off.
a
"You weren't answering the phone, so we sent your neighbor over. She couldn't hear you, even when she knocked and the door was locked, so they asked me to pick it. I'm afraid I am the bearer of bad news."

"Can't be worse than what I've read in the letter" I said, on the verge of bursting into tears.

"Maybe not, but its still pretty bad" He replied solemnly.

"Okay, tell me. Don't delay it longer than necessary"

"You are the legal guardian of spike, the dragon?" he asked.

"Umm...ya. He's my adopted brother. Why?" I wasn't sure how he fit in, and didn't want to think.

"Well...he's in critical condition. The doctors say he likely won't make it through the night. I'm sorry"

"What?" I said, quite now. "How?"

"Well, you are aware that he was meeting friends for dinner tonight?"

"Yes"

"Well, on the way back a drunk driver slammed into him when he was making a turn on his bike. He's suffered immense internal bleeding, as well as countless broken bones. Even if he lives, he might not be able to see or walk because of this."

I didn't reply. I didn't move. I just sat there, shellshocked. I couldn't even cry anymore. I could only think, "Why? Why him? HE BARELY COULD FLY!!!! HE WAS ONLY 15!!!"

"Can you take me?" I asked the officer. He knew what I meant, and simply nodded.
As I walked through the artificial smelling, looking felling halls, everything was numb. I didn't fell pain when I stubbed my toe on a stair, couldn't hear what people were saying. All I was aware of was the pungent smell of cleaning alcohol and the bright, bright lights. As I turned a corner, the short redhead nurse pushed open the door.

"He's in here".

I solemnly walked into the room, and saw spike hooked up to dozens of machines. His scales were out of alignment, his spikes bent. But the worst was his wings. They were a mangled mess, torn and crooked. He looked up as he saw me enter. I walked slowly to his side, sinking into the chair.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking", he murmured, then closed his eyes. I saw his heart rate flatten out, and the nurses run into the room. They pushed my chair out of the way, bustling around, trying to save him. I stood up and cleared my throat.

"Leave him", I said "He wouldn't want to live how he would have to after this ordeal. Leave him". They looked at me, and understood.

As I flew back into my room, I sat and cried. No more shopping with cadence, or playing with my brother. Flying with spike in the park, or trying out some new spells. Memories of roughhousing with Shining in the park, or having Cadence push me on the swing shot through my mind. My joy of seeing spikes little head look at me, after they had reverted him back to normal size. Spike trying to save Rarity from the diamond dogs, or spike making the gem cake. Cadence's and Shining's wedding, their love for each other. Never again would any of these things happen.

I didn't eat for days, only moving from the couch for necessary things. Eventually, I flew up to the top of the tallest building. As I looked over Manehattan, I realized this was Spikes favorite place to watch the sunset, just as I was doing. I stood at the edge, watching it and was overtaken by grief. I bound my wings, and jumped. Faster and faster I fell, with the ground rushing up to meet me. As my horn touched concrete, an immense magical explosion erupted. All my grief, love, hate, joy shot out, causing everypony in a 10 mile radius to faint. I'm sure the fall only took seconds, and explosion miliseconds, but for me it felt like eternity. I write this to Celestia, from the spirit realm in hopes that my death will finally be explained. To my friends - I'm

Author's Note:

This is my first story, please correct grammar errors. Bronynuemo wrote a story in which celestia can communicate with spirits, I borrowed that idea from him so that I could write in 1st person. Hope you like, rainbowdash is next.

Comments ( 3 )

Good read! So the story started with more dislikes than likes.Others will read it and there's a chance the likes will fly-by the dislikes.

3513401 Thanks for the nice comment...i was really depressed when writing this :\ dunno why but i felt like a weird combination of :pinkiecrazy: and :pinkiegasp:

Login or register to comment