• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 2,044 Views, 21 Comments

The Rookie In Equestria - ace_attorneyfan800



What happens when The Rookie from Ghostbusters The Video Game gets sent to Equestria by accident? Chaos.

  • ...
15
 21
 2,044

Reasons For Cancellation

For those who were following this story, you may have noticed that big ugly canceled. I didn't want to, but unfortunately, I've been left with no choice. In fact, as of today I'm no longer writing stories on FIMFiction anymore.

I've just been losing interest in writing on here for years now. I've just not been happy with what I've been producing, not to mention as the show goes on, the more I'm beginning to LOSE interest in it and leaned more towards Equestria Girls.

I've been getting more and more into things like Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear, Bioshock, Call of Duty, things like that. I've even been going through some personal changes of my own. One of which is becoming a transgender. It's been taking its toll on the people around me and since then I've been changing so much in my own personality and how I'm seen in my family since I come from a heavily Christian centered family.

I still write stories, but only on Archive Of Our Own now as I've got more creative freedom and can work to my heart's desire on anything I want without worrying about site rules banging at my front door. It's been one of the better changes to have come into my life.

And ever since I began watching Lily Peet, and effectively becoming one of her YouTube Subscribers, I've been getting more and more critical with how I think and do as well as begun striving to make my writing better with her occasional writing lessons in the videos she's done, and because of this I can't look at my old writings on here and not "cringe" as it were at the awful writing and characters I made.

I wanna be better, but I'm not gonna get better if I stay here. I'm gonna still be here to use the account to comment and like and favorite stories I like, but that's all this account's ever gonna be used for. I just can't take it anymore.

This is Ace_AttorneyFan800/Tivon Tina Arnold and I'll see you on Archive Of Our Own.

Comments ( 3 )

I could always read the first two chapters.

Say maybe I slash the assassin can finish this story for you

9118995
Well, I suppose you can give it a shot if you want. If you need any reference for what my original vision was for it before I quit, here are some bullet points:

1. The Rookie was gonna start his own Ghostbusters branch in Ponyville.

2. Alongside the Mane 6 one by one joining his branch, plus Spike, the CMC would too as Jr Busters, a sub-branch for the busters so that should they be away the Ghostbusters would still be in Ponyville on a technicality via the Jr Busters.

3. The Mandala from the video game would make a return as well, but it would be tied more as Nightmare Moon trying to make a return without the need for Luna and it would be explained that Nightmare Moon did it as a failsafe in case she was to be defeated via being expelled from Luna like with the Elements of Harmony.

4. The Mandala Nodes would be located in Ponyville, Manehattan, Cloudsdale, and Canterlot in that order with the bosses being Ursa Major for Ponyville, Dinosaur Skeleton come to life via Black Slime for Manehattan (this idea I got from the Wii, DS, and PS2 versions of the game since the fic itself was heavily based on and inspired from the HD copies/Xbox 360, PS3, and PC Versions), the Cloudsdale one... I never figured out, but the Canterlot one was gonna be Daybreaker via a hallucination type of ghost.

5. Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, and Flash Sentry would've appeared as well, Sunset trying to prove the Ghostbusters are phonies, Trixie following the story she did from Season 1 to 3 and eventually joining the Ghostbusters Team, and Flash would've been the love interest for Rainbow Dash.

6. No matter what, Nightmare Moon would still come back and it would be a combined effort of the Ghostbusters, Jr Busters, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, Flash, and Sunset to take her down as she had become more powerful thanks to the mandala.

7. The busters would go to ghost world, even the Jr Busters during the Manehattan node chapter, where they'd treck through warped and distorted versions of the place that held the node and eventually fight the node guardian/boss.

8. No matter what, the story would also end at the grand galloping gala as well.

9. The Rookie/Bryan Welsh would eventually end up back in his world but he'd come back with a diary like Sunset had in the EQG series to keep in touch with Twilight and the Ponyville Ghostbusters to know how things were going in his absence.

10. While there would be a lot of story-based chapters, there'd also be a fair deal of character-centered chapters where there would be chapters centered around the development of the cast, how they interacted with each other, all the while going about their lives as Ghostbusters and even how each of them handled jobs they were given to really show how they contributed to the team in their own ways.

(This one's optional but a running gag I wanted to use was Rarity and Rainbow Dash getting slimed.)

And that's all you need to know. Good luck.

Login or register to comment