• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 8,230 Views, 163 Comments

Ponies on Ponies - Ravenmane



When science goes awry, sometimes Pinkie's fourth wall breaking skills break in their own ways...

  • ...
27
 163
 8,230

1 - Fourth Wall: I Think I Hit My Head

Author's Note:


Hi there, it’s me Pinkie Pie. The revisions are complete and the under construction chapter is gone now.

You can still access the original here: Original Ponies on Ponies

Now, Ravenmane and I will do a few things during the series. He called them “Fourth Wall In-betweeners” and they have very little to do with the story. This chapter will explain them better than I can in such a short message so watch for it!

Have a great day everybrony and I hope to see you all real soon here on Ponies on Ponies!

This chapter is with the author and has very little to do with the story as a whole. I have told you in advance so move along knowing you’ve had fair warning to move on to the next chapter. Once again, I’ve told you this is an author chapter.

“Okay, I’m still active.” The author popped a pair of Advil and took a deep breath. “Now, I would like to say that I think the title of the chapter says it best. I do think I actually hit my head on something cause now everything’s a little pastel colored. For the record, you won’t find such colors at my place so it’s a little strange to get up to. The second thing I’d like to say is that I have a lump on my head, hence the Advil. I seem to have lost,” he checked his watch, “about thirty minutes so there’s a good chunk of time I’m not quite clear about.”

“I can explain that,” came a voice from behind him.

The author turned and saw a pink pony with a baseball bat resting against the wall near her. “Might I inquire as to who you are?”

“You know me,” the pony replied pleasantly. “I’m Pinkie Pie.”

“Right,” his voice practically bled skepticism, “so I’ve really lost it then?”

The party pony gasped. “You lost something? Did I forget to bring something with you? I mean, I even brought some painkillers for your head from your medicine cabinet and I actually forgot something?”

“Okay, I’ll play along. If I haven’t lost my mind then I take it that I’m in Equestria right?”

“Exactly,” she replied with a vigorous nod. “You’re at Sugarcube Corner to be exact. Twilight was gonna explain it to you but she left to do something for Princess Celestia and left me in charge of you.”

“Well then Pinkie, I’d like to know two things now. First of all, why did you take me from Earth?”

“It’s simple really: to make renovations to your story. I mean duh, it needs work.”

I was planning on doing it anyways, the author silently grumbled. “Okay, I’d also like to know why you used a baseball bat instead of asking like any normal sentient creature.”

“Well, Twilight didn’t want you to know how to get to Equestria. I mean duh, if you knew how to get here then everyone could find out to get here. We’re gonna have to knock you out again when we send you back home too.”

“I kinda get it. Also I lied a little; there are a few other things I’d like to know.”

“Go right ahead.”

“How will I maintain power on my laptop? I mean, the whole story is on there and I’ll need to have it open as a reference for the new version.”

“Twilight’s got that covered,” the party pony pointed a hoof at a large device. “She said it was a generator that uses a magic-powered battery and converts the magic into electricity. She’ll have to come over every couple of days to recharge it.”

“Then, what about my internet connection?”

“Trans-dimensional router, you can log onto websites but don’t expect anything close to decent gameplay with it. We got it from somepony called the Doctor.”

“Can I have a party when I’m done?”

Pinkie gasped. “We can have a party later tonight if you want. I can only invite a few ponies. Twilight said we can’t let too many ponies know that we have an illegal here.”

“Wait, an illegal? Are there legal humans here?”

“Nope, but filing for citizenship is tricky stuff. Dashie told me that meanie Gilda had to formally apply last year and she still hasn’t gotten anything back. Before you ask, ‘cause I know you want to, she’s in Cloudsdale on a work visa right now. According to Twilight the best you could get as a non-native to our world is second-class citizenship and they don’t get many rights.”

“Well, what could I get?”

“A really bad job and, if you’re lucky, you might be able to get a house. I mean, the details aren’t really my thing and Twilight knows more about it than me.”

“She always seems to right?”

“Yep! This one time I was making cupcakes and I was using liquid rainbow and sugar to make frosting and then after working on it for about an hour Twilight told me it was impossible and that I should get a bat so we could get a human to do something he has to do.”

The author face palmed much to the party pony’s amusement. “Let’s get to work then.”

This has been a test of the Fourth Wall Side-Story. If you liked this story, please say so. If you didn’t, then please grumble to yourself. The story will begin at the next chapter.