• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 8,230 Views, 163 Comments

Ponies on Ponies - Ravenmane



When science goes awry, sometimes Pinkie's fourth wall breaking skills break in their own ways...

  • ...
27
 163
 8,230

8 - Fourth Wall: Additions

“So erm,” Pinkie paused as she tried to come up with something, probably a nickname. “Aha, Ravie, do you mind if I call you that? I mean duh, Ravenmane’s so long all the time.”

I knew it, the author thought as he rolled his eyes. “I guess that’s okay Pinkie, if you’d rather not do something like Raven.”

Pinkie beamed. “That’s better, I’ll be sure to tell everypony to use that. Anyways, why are you doing this super massive overhaul thingy Raven?”

“I hope you mean aside from the fact that I was abducted by you, Twilight, and a baseball bat?”

“Well after you put it that way,” she started with a frown.

“Nah, that’s okay Pinkie. I wanted to do this for a while anyways. The abduction, well it just gave me more of a reason to do it. Besides, people kept telling me ‘you made such and such mistake here’ or ‘you should’ve had something there’ and it was all very irritating after too long.”

“So the whole journal thing, what’s that about?”

“It gives us some insight into things like Fluttershy’s uneasiness towards the omnivorous dominant species and Rainbow’s thoughts without that nice social buffer of hers. I think Twilight might kill me if I did too much of her kind of journal. You know, provided I start to seem like I stole hers to get the right kind of flavor. Hypothetically speaking of course, I wouldn’t do something that low.”

“Care to say if anypony else that gets these journal thingies?”

“You read the original right Pinkie?”

“Uh huh, and I agree with Twilight, it was a first draft.”

“Then you know exactly where I’m going to be going.”

“Any other things you wanna talk about in these?”

“I’m not ready to divulge everything Pinkie,” the author said with a mischievous grin. “I’m allowed to have some secrets right?”

The party pony gave him a tight squeeze. “Yep, you’ve said enough to keep it fun. Oh, but what about doing things from my perspective, are you gonna do those?”

Ravenmane shook his head. “Well, you’re keeping me company and the ‘you’ in the story knows too much already. So we’ll just talk about stuff from time to time ‘kay?”

Pinkie’s eyes lit up and she had an ear-to-ear grin. “We can do something like a commentary right?”

“Well,” a pleading look in the pony’s eyes made him groan. “Fine,” he said with a defeated tone.

“You’re the best Raven, but what about if you’re being watched by somepony else?”

“Well, then I guess I’ll leave their thoughts for everyone that’s reading. How good do you think my odds are that Rarity would drag me off to her shop or to the spa while she’s supposed to be watching me?”

Pinkie began to think and arbitrarily move her hoof in the air. It looked as if she was using an imaginary abacus. “I think it’s just about as good as Applejack dragging you out to the farm.”

“Mind if I take a break for now Pinkie?”

“Nope,” she replied cheerfully.

He picked up a book Pinkie gave him when he beat her in a staring contest. It was an amusing read so far.

Breaking the Fourth Wall for Derps
My Bad Edition
By Pinkamena ‘Pinkie’ Pie
Published by Celestial Publishing
45 Bt

Chapter 3: Know Your Audience


Author’s Note: Big chapter block postage. It’ll slow down starting now, I have to write new material for a while so I suppose you’ll just have to deal with some downtime.