• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 8,231 Views, 163 Comments

Ponies on Ponies - Ravenmane



When science goes awry, sometimes Pinkie's fourth wall breaking skills break in their own ways...

  • ...
27
 163
 8,231

13 - Fourth Wall: An Awkward Interlude

Sugarcube Corner, Ponyville
Ungodly late at night

“It’s so big,” exclaimed Pinkie.

“Have enough frosting,” Ravenmane replied.

“If we run out I know where to get more. What I wanna know is just how is it gonna fit?”

“How does inch by inch sound?”

“But it’s enormous!”

“I doubt you’ll choke, just don’t forget that you’re Pinkamena Diane Pie. You woke me up this morning by slipping that pillow out from under my head and taking its place. I mean I’m a light sleeper so that’s quite the feat.”

“That was for the bucket of ice cubes yesterday!”

“Focus Pinkie, that’s a big cupcake.”

She gave a wiry grin. “So that’s what they’re calling it over there huh?”

“Well Pinkie, when a mixer and an oven want to have a cake…”

“Sweet Celestia,” called Mr. Cake as he came into the bakery, “how did you two make a cupcake that big?”

“Well, it was Raven’s idea. It’s for Fluttershy’s birthday.”

“Yeah,” the author continued, “so we made a colossal cupcake um... cake. It’s just a shaped two-layer cake Mr. Cake.”

“Well, are you both sure you made enough frosting?”

“No sweat,” the author started.

“Twilight did the math for us,” finished the party pony.

“Well just be sure that you both get to sleep soon.”

“Just don’t make too much noise because the last thing we want to do is wake the twins, right?”

“Um, yes,” Mr. Cake replied nervously. “Right, just don’t wake the twins. And don’t forget to clean up.”

Not going to press the subject, the late night baking duo thought.

In retrospect, baking in the dead of night was a bad idea.

“We need to do this more often,” said the party pony with a delightful grin.

And so, Ponyville was doomed.
The End…