• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 8,231 Views, 163 Comments

Ponies on Ponies - Ravenmane



When science goes awry, sometimes Pinkie's fourth wall breaking skills break in their own ways...

  • ...
27
 163
 8,231

21 - Fourth Wall: The Horizon

“Whoa,” Pinkie said abruptly, “so why are you adding this new arc again?”

“It’s simple Pinkie,” Ravenmane replied as he took a sip of tea, “because the old version of the story was all annoying and depressing. Fortunately it glazed over a lot of ‘emo time’ and I thought I’d also expand on a few things as opposed to just sweeping it all under the rug.”

She gave the author a skeptical look. “Then, why are you writing a chapter about me? I mean I see it right there in the outline and everything.”

“Of all the ponies involved, I can think of nopony else that’s a good balance for everything that happened.”

“So why not write some Applejack then? She’s more level headed than I am. I mean everypony says it. So why not write this thing from her perspective?”

“You’ll just keep finding ways to ask a ‘why’ question once I answer aren’t you Pinkie,” Ravenmane asked dryly.

“Of course she is,” interjected their visitor: Twilight Sparkle.

Ravenmane sighed. “Of all of the ponies in this story Applejack is the most down to earth and I need somepony that’s a little less like that. I was under the belief that she would go back to her chores but miss the good times. On the other hoof by writing your chapter Pinkie, I get to have something a little down, but not worthy of a sad tag.” He gave the party pony an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry if I’m coming off like I’m insulting you.”

“Nope,” Pinkie replied cheerfully, “I know you don’t really want to sound mean.” She gasped. “If things don’t work out um… I mean… would you mind if it doesn’t work out?”

“Pinkie,” interrupted Twilight, “for pony’s sake I’m right here! Do you have any idea how hard it’ll be to convince anypony it’s a good idea? I mean even I don’t think it’s a good idea and I have to really sell it!”

“Um, lemmie think about it a little Pinkie. I mean like I’m sure it would be awesome-”

“Like first time seeing a Sonic Rainboom awesome,” Pinkie chirped as she interrupted.

“Now that comparison I would’ve expected from Rainbow.”

“Well, I don’t have a different way to describe it. Oh! Maybe like biting into the MMMM way back then, but you never had any so you don’t know what that was like.”

“Pinkie, I know you’re doing your best to help and keeping me smiling, but reminding me of ‘the cake that got away’ isn’t helping at all.”

Her ears flopped. “I’m really sorry,” she quickly muffled her next words. “Sorry, I nearly told them your name Raven.”

“That’s okay Pinkie,” the author said with a smile, “I know you’d never jeopardize my identity intentionally. You’d let me do something like that.”

“Yep!”

“You’re both hopeless,” the lavender houseguest said bluntly.

“That’s not true Twilight,” the author said promptly. “If you’re around me, like more than every once in a while, then you realize how predictable I am. You’ve also been around Pinkie enough to be able to predict her at least a little right?”

“Well I,” she paused and let the whole thing sink in. “I suppose you’re right Ravenmane. Will you write the other thing you were talking about?”

“Yes, yes I will. I may just keep going with it if it’s liked enough. Twilight, are you ready to do some hardcore convincing?”

“Finish up and I’ll get to work on begging, pleading, and throwing the ‘saved Equestria twice’ at everypony that’s important enough for this to impact.”