• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 7,143 Views, 338 Comments

The Party Adoption - Matt11



Scootaloo Gets Found Out Of Being Homeless

  • ...
31
 338
 7,143

The Adoption

Scootaloo finished telling her past to her friends.

Everypony in the room was crying, Fluttershy was crying hard, Scootaloo was crying harder.

It had been three years since she saw her parents. She didn't even know if her mother survived, but she did know that she loved her. Scootaloo just wanted a hug so she stretched her hooves out and embraced Pinkie Pie, who gladly accepted it.

Twilight noticed Spike burped a letter out of green smoke and the letter came next to Twilight. “Okay, Spike. You watch them. I'm going upstairs to read this and, uh, good luck

Twilight had went up stairs she opened the letter and started reading it.

“Dear my faithful student,

This news you have sent me is very sad. I have looked into it and it appears three years ago my guard found her father Foggy Drop dead in the forest. Her mother's whereabouts, however, we were unable to find.

it is best that you move Scootaloo into the Canterlot Orphanage, since Ponyville doesn't have one. Good luck with whatever you pick, my faithful student, good luck.

Oh, one more thing. I sent miss KindHeart, the orphanage caretaker to receive the filly. You have an hour to decide.

Once again good luck.


Twilight gulped. An hour? “B-but I’ve only got like twenty minutes left. Grrrr. How do I always get into these situations—?” she was interrupted by tiny feet. She heard Spike coming up stairs “What is it, Spike?”

Spike just crossed his arms together to show he meant business. “Um, what’s going to happen to Scootaloo?” he asked. Deep down he really didn't want to lose Scootaloo. She was one of those friends that he liked.

Twilight really didn't want to make Spike cry, so she had no choice but to tell the truth. “Well, Spike, the princess is sending the caretaker of the Canterlot Orphanage here.” Twilight had a single tear fall down her cheek before continuing “I don’t know what to do, Spike. KindHeart will be here in about five minutes. If we don’t think of something soon…. Scootaloo will have no friends. She will be in an orphanage with no friends what so ever. But let’s tell the rest of my friends first.”

Twilight walked down the stairs leaving Spike dumbfounded of this situation.

Twilight stopped in her living room. “H-Hey, girls? Can I speak to you… alone?” Twilight said motioning Applebloom and Sweetie Belle to stay put. “Come into the kitchen and we’ll talk.”

Twilight and her friends walked into the kitchen and they all took a seat, but that didn't stop Sweetie Belle and Applebloom from listening.

The room was silent for several minutes, but Twilight broke the silence with a slight sob. “Listen girls, um, the princess is sending Ms KindHeart to Ponyville… She’s taking Scootaloo to Canterlot Orphanage. I’m sorry, but, I think it’s best for her to live in an orphanage instead of on the streets.”

This caused everypony and two little fillies to gasp.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle burst into the kitchen. “NO! You can’t do this. There has to be another way!” they both said in unison.

“It’s not that easy, girls,” Rarity tried to tell them, though her voice quivered slightly.

“Aw, come on! Why can’t one’a y’all adopt her so she could stay? Then maybe she’d be happy!” Applebloom said, tears streaming out of her eyes.

Applejack took her hat off and walked over to Applebloom. “Look, uh, sugarcube. Ah know this is hard ta take in, but some o’ us are just too busy to take care o’ any fillies. It’s best for her to go somewhere where she’ll get a lot’ o’ food and care,” the farm mare said truthfully.

This caused the two fillies to cry even more. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom hugged each other, crying into one anothers shoulders.

Pinkie Pie, however, was just standing there shocked. “How dare they say they don’t got the time to adopt her and how dare they make my friends cry,” Pinkie said to herself. then started yelling, “I’LL DO! IT I’LL ADOPT HER!

Pinkie’s yell caused everypony in the room to gasp.

“B-But Pinkie, nothing personal, but I don’t think you know what it’s like, taking care of a filly—” Twilight was interrupted by a pink hoof being inserted into her mouth.

“Look, Twilight. I've taken care of the Cake twins, so I think I know what its like,” Pinkie Pie said smiling widely.

Twilight frowned. Deep inside, she didn't think Pinkie could handle it, but, maybe Pinkie was right. “Okay, Pinkie. I’ll send a letter to the princess an— she was interrupted by a knoke to the door.

Twilight gulped “Uh oh… She’s here. Um, would you girls go in the living room with Scootaloo and I’ll see once I let her in if I can ask Celestia about you adopting Scootaloo.”

This caused Pinkie to smile widely.

Kind Heart walked in, not even bothering to wait for Twilight. “Now, where is this poor, poor little filly at?” she muttered to herself.

Twilight walked back in. “Oh, Miss Kind Heart, you're…..here. Listen, my friend Pinkie said she would adopt Scootaloo an— Twilight was interrupted by a hoof to her mouth.

“Ahem. Listen, Twilight. I would let this Pinkie adopt her, but, she just don’t seem,” Kind Heart spat before continuing, “I’ll just come out with it. I don’t think she’s responsible enough for the job.”

“Miss Kind Heart, I think Pinkie will be more than capable for the job,” said Princess Celestia as she came out of nowhere. She walked in with an adoption form levitating in her magic. “Here is the paper. But it’s up to Scootaloo to decide whether she wants Pinkie to be to her a mother or a guarding,” Celestia said, while handing the Adoption form to Twilight. “Give it to Pinkie. I’m sure she will be very happy.”

Twilight was about to take the adoption form to Pinkie when something occurred to her. She turned back to Princess Celestia. “Wait. When Scootaloo told us about her past, she said she never heard her mother's screams. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to do some research to try and find her. I must find this out, for Scootaloo, then maybe that will make her happy,” Twilight said, starting to move her hoof on the ground in circles.

Celestia backed up a bit. Scootaloo’s mother’s disappearance was a secret she would much prefered that nopony would find out about.

“I’m sorry, Twilight but I forbid it,” Celestia made her way to the door, before turning her head to her student. “And if I find out you did disobey me…” Celestia couldn't think of anything and just left, teleporting away with Kindheart.

Normally Twilight would honor her teachers words, but this time she was willing to do anything just to find out what had happened to Scootaloo’s mother. “Well, I might as well give this adoption form to Pinkie.”

“Hi! Give what adoption form to Pinkie? You mean this in my hooves?” Pinkie asked, curiously staring at the words. “Awesome! Scootaloo is my adopted daughter now! Oh, thank you so much for helping me, Twilight. Now I can tell her!” Pinkie Pie bounced into the living room were Scootaloo, was just talking with her friends.

Scootaloo and her friends stopped talking immediately when Pinkie came in. She looked happy. Sweetie Belle stretched her hoofs out trying to protect Scootaloo.

“STOP right there, Pinkie!! If you're trying to take Scootaloo away from us you’ll have to try a lot harder,” Sweetie Belle said with a growl.

Pinkie was taken by surprise by Sweetie Belle’s outburst, but moved the angry filly out of the way and looked Scootaloo in the eyes.

“Um listen Scootaloo. I need you to pack your things because your mo—Pinkie was interrupted by Applebloom.

“Ah can’t believe this! If’n yer really wanting’ Scootaloo to go live in one o’ them nasty orphanages ya’ll have to get threw us if you want to get to her!”

Both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle stood their grounds. They would never let anything happen to there best friend.

Scootaloo stood up and gave her two friends a big hug. “It’s okay, guys. It’s probably better this way,” Scootaloo said as a few tears dropped onto the wooden floor of the library.

Pinkie frowned. They were making a big deal for nothing. “Okay, Scootsy. I want you to read this paper,” Pinkie handed the paper to Scootaloo, who gladly accepted it. After Scootaloo read she shared a few tears.

I Pinkie Swear to take care of the filly named Scootaloo as a _______?

Scootaloo dropped the paper “Wha-What is this? Y-you want me to decide what I want you to be to me?” Scootaloo asked it was very hard for her to trust very many ponies, but now this was happening.

Pinkie ruffled the filly’s mane. “Aw, of course I want you to pick. As long as you're happy, I’m happy,” Pinkie said sweetly.

Tears swelled up in Scootaloo’s eyes. She leaped up in the air and tackled Pinkie into a loving embrace and said four words, “I love you…. Mommy,” Scootaloo said, resting her head on Pinkie’s stomach.

Scootaloo finally had a mother. All those days fending for herself can finally end.

Pinkie Pie’s heart skipped a beat when she heard those four words. She picked up Scootaloo and embraced her in a loving hug. For once she had a pony she could love and protect, but she knew she won't be able to do this herself.

She turned around to her friends “Hey, how would you girls like to be little Scooty's aunts?” They all nodded in agreement.

Pinkie placed Scootaloo on her back and headed home. This was the start of a family.

Author's Note:

I do hope you all enjoyed this chapter ^.^, and its not over yet I still got a few more ideas