• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 5,077 Views, 329 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Descent Into Madness- A Musical - Matthais Unidostres



Sweetie Belle has discovered that there is a powerful magic in her singing voice- a magic that allows her to pass judgment on those around her- a magic that is slowly driving her insane

  • ...
18
 329
 5,077

Act IV: A True, True Friend

. . . . . . . . .
Curtain Rise!

Act IV: A True, True Friend

Sweetie Belle placed the Element of Magic back in its glass case in the Library. She felt Spike place a warm claw on her shoulder and turned around to see him smile.

"I would've sworn I'd be working for Twilight again. Imagine my surprise when you came to the rescue!" Spike said.

Sweetie nodded slowly and said, "Well, yeah, but I can't help but wonder what Twilight will do now?"

Spike shrugged, "Well, you know how dramatic Twilight can be. Celestia is probably going to have to have a ton of long talks with her for weeks in order to get her to realize that she has too many mental glitches to be a good Princess. Casting dangerous spells, acting like she's the smartest pony on the planet. . ."

"Taking advantage of kind little dragons," Sweetie Belle said softly.

Spike smiled sheepishly and chucked, "He-hey! I'm not that little!"

The two of them laughed for a bit, and then they walked towards the door.

"Hey, Spike."

"Yeah?"

"About Scootaloo and Applebloom's talents. . ."

"It's about time I made good things happen to the good ponies with my singing. . . ."


On Sweet Apple Acres, just a few yards away from the clubhouse, piles of lumber, nails, and other building material were laid out by Applejack and Big Macintosh. The rest of the Mane Five were waiting there too. Sweetie Belle and Spike happily led Scootaloo and Applebloom to the are. The unicorn filly and young dragon sang happily as they marched.

A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

Sweetie Belle turned to Applebloom and said, "Alright Applebloom. I really need your help. Can you do it?"

Applebloom nodded, "Sure, I'll try. . .but what is it?"

Sweetie Belle replied in song.

I'm gonna need a stage for my concert coming up.
But designing and building are things that I mess up.
Would you try, just give it a chance
You might find that you'll start to understand

Applebloom soon found herself given sheets of blueprint paper and white chalk pencils. As soon as she touched the objects, it all just felt right, as if she was meant to hold them. Even being around all the wood and building materials felt right. Soon she was drawing up plans for a beautiful stage, and directing the older ponies in what should go where and how high everything should be. What Applebloom enjoyed most of all was making a big wooden carving to go top and center over the stage. The carving depicted Sweetie Belle's Cutie Mark in all its elegance.

Throughout all of this construction, Sweetie Belle and Spike sang joyously.

A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

"Finished!" Applebloom cheered as she jumped up and down in ecstasy, admiring the beautiful wooden stage. it wasn't that big, only about 15 feet across and 16 feet high. It only took three hours to build. It was built so that it could be taken apart, folded up, and stored away. However, it was still beautiful with the stained wood columns, the polished wooden floor, the red curtains, and the beautiful carving to top it all off.

"It's a masterpiece!" Applebloom gasped, thrilled that she had done such a good job.

"Boy howdy! Check out yer flank, Sugar Cube!" Applejack said excitedly.

Applebloom gasped and turned around to see, emblazoned on her flank, a Zap Apple with a paintbrush behind it.

"AH GOT IT! AH FINALLY GOT IT!" She cried out in joy. She then ran over to Sweetie Belle and hugged her tight. "Thank you, Sweetie Bell. . .thank you. . ."

Sweetie Belle smiled and hugged her friend back, "You're welcome, Applebloom. I'd do anything for a friend. Speaking of which, we're not done yet." Applebloom nodded, and the two fillies broke of their hug to look towards Scootaloo.

"Alright, Scoots. Follow me!" Sweetie Belle said, and she led the group back into Ponyville.


Sweetie Belle led Scootaloo to town hall, where Rainbow Dash was waiting there, standing next to Scootaloo's scooter. Sweetie Belle explained in song:

Rainbow has set up a little test of speed.
Who's got the more radical skills: the scooter or the steed?
Would you try, just give it a chance
You might find that you'll start to understand

Scootaloo looked so excited as Rainbow Dash waved her over. She jumped on her scooter and flexed her tiny wings readily.

"3 - 2 - 1!" Rainbow said, and the two Pegasi took off and raced through Ponyville. As Rainbow flew a few feet off the ground, Scootaloo zoomed along the ground on her scooter, leaving a trail of dust as she sped along. Scootaloo occasionally skipped off the ground and grinded across fence railings and jumped over the fruit and vegetable stands. While she raced, Spike, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle sang together.

A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

Sweetie Belle had set up a wooden ramp near the end of the race, and Scootaloo sped toward it with purpose. She shot up the ramp and flew off into the air. Rainbow was shocked as the orange Pegasus soared through the air right next to her. She watched in awe as Scootaloo did a 720 spin, then a flip, and then took her hooves off of the scooter and let it spin above her like a helicopter.

Scootaloo fell downward, and stuck a perfect landing. She did a totally epic drift, purple flames bursting from the scooter's wheels, and skidded across the finish line just as Rainbow Dash landed next to her.

"That. . .was. . .AWESOME!!!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she landed next to Scootaloo.

"Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh! Did we tie?!" Scootaloo squealed excitedly.

Dash smiled and poked Scootaloo's flank, "Yeah, but if you ask me, you're the real winner here!"

Scootaloo's eyes opened wide, and she looked to see a a wheel with wings and a thunderbolt coming out of it, all of it a strong purple color that looked good against her orange coat.

"OHMIGOSH, OHMIGOSH, OHMIGOSH!" Scootaloo squealed as she hugged Rainbow Dash tightly. Dash chuckled as she ruffled the little filly's mane.

Spike, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom ran over to them.

"This is the greatest day of mah life! We all got our Cutie Marks!" Applebloom cheered.

Spike smiled and nodded, "Well, it looks like the Cutie Mark Quest is over!"

"BLANK-FLANK!"

Everyone turned to look in the direction of the obnoxious voices to see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon picking on Button Mash. Silver Spoon laughed as Diamond Tiara kicked dirt in the nerdy foal's face.

Sweetie Belle narrowed her eyes at the bullies and said, "Not quite, Spike." She then quickly ran over to Button Mash and took him by the hoof, much to the bullies' surprise. The others followed as Sweetie Belle led Button Mash into a pizzeria, and over to the new Metal-Core X arcade game.


Author's Note: It's a combination between a Manticore and the game "Metal Slug X". That is a really, REALLY hard arcade game.


Button Mash's eyes widened. "Ooooh! I didn't know this was here!"

Sweetie Belle sang in response.

This new game has a contest
A pizza party if you beat the game
This can be your ultimate test
To achieve bragging rights and fame

Sweetie Belle handed Button Mash a bit, but he just smiled and took out the bit he found during his milkshake race episode. He put it into the slot and started up the game. Everyone watched with bated breath as Button Mash took on legions of Changelings with only three lives. As Button Mash got closer and closer to the end, Sweetie Belle, Spike, Applebloom, and Scootaloo couldn't help but sing out loud in excitement.

A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

After one intense and action packed hour, the final boss was terminated. Button Mash actually jumped back in shock. Not only had he rescued all the prisoners, but he had also not lost a single life.

"Uh, I don't like to be cocky but. . ." a huge smile grew on his face, "Who's The Guy! Oh yeah! I got this by the tail! Alright!"

There was a flash, and a Cutie Mark depicting a video game controller appeared.

"Oh, SCORE!" he shouted, jumping up on his hind legs and posing.

"Go, Button Mash!" Applebloom cheered.

"Nice mark. Almost as nice as this one!" Scootaloo said, showing off her mark.

"Now Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon won't be able to bother you anymore!" Sweetie Belle said.

Button Mash nodded, "Yeah, but I wish I could say the same for Dinky Doo. I mean, how can you pick on somepony who makes such delicious muffins!"

"Dinky bakes muffins too?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yeah, and don't let her mom know I said this, but. . ." Button Mash looked around nervously, and he whispered, "I think Dinky's muffins are even better than hers."

"Really. . ." Sweetie Belle said with a smile.


In the kitchens of Sugar Cube Corner, Pinkie Pie and the cakes were monitoring Dinky Doo as she baked a big batch of muffins. Sweetie Belle watched as well as she sang.

The ponies haven't eaten real good muffins in a while.
Your mom always said a muffin can make a pony smile.
And if you feel like helping, we'd appreciate a lot!
If you bake a batch of muffin cheer from her to Canterlot!

Pinkie Pie carried out the muffins and displayed them to the crowd of ponies outside. They all were overwhelmed by the heavenly smell that came from the baked goods. Dinky smiled proudly, and with a flash, a golden muffin appeared on her flank.

"DINKY!" Derpy Hooves cheered with delight and pride as she flew over and hugged her unicorn daughter.


The five young ponies, and dragon, trotted through the street. Sweetie Belle led the group as they and everyone else in the town sang joyously.

A true, true friend helps a friend in need.
A friend will be there to help them see.
A true, true friend helps a friend in need.
To see the light (to see the light)
That shines (that shines)
From a true, true friend!

Sweetie Belle's horn glowed green as the whole group rose up into the air in a shinning magical green aura, group hugging at the climax of the song. The whole town roared with applause as the group lowered onto the ground.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Dinky cheered while hopping around Sweetie Belle.

"Aw, it's nothing. I guess it's just. . ." Sweetie Belle stopped. She turned to Spike and said, "Spike I was wondering if you could-?"

"Take a letter," he said, suddenly pulling out a scroll and a quill, "You don't have to ask. I like writing letters to the Princess!"

Sweetie Belle laughed and began reciting.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Sometime ponies will think that it's best not to get involved, and to leave other to their own devices. "Let them help themselves" they say, or "Let them find the answer themselves." Well, the ponies who say that are wrong. Sometimes, ponies need help from a friend to see their destiny. It may seem obvious to you. It might be right in front of their face. But they may never see it if you don't help and guide them. It gets even worse when those ponies help their close friends, but refuse to help others. It's can be so easy to help others, but you still have to make the effort. My friends couldn't see their own special talents, and neither could I. Twilight wanted to keep them hidden, but thanks to Spike's help, I was finally able to help Applebloom, Scootaloo, Button Mash, and Dinky Doo find their special talents and get their Cutie Marks. Twilight watched us struggle for so long, but now we can finally feel that we are special and not have to suffer with bullies anymore.

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it."

Yours truly,
Sweetie Belle


Curtian!

Author's Note:

Ha-ha! I bet you all expected something horrible to happen. But guess what? It's a breather level!
Cutie Marks! Cutie Marks for everypony!
Seriously, doesn't anyone else find "A True, True Friend" hypocritical on the Mane Six's part? Why don't they use their light to show the Cutie Mark Crusaders what their destinies are?
The quote at the end was actually a Bible Verse. Proverbs 3:27.
Credit for Applebloom's and Scootaloo's belongs to their original artists. Just click on the links to go to their DeviantArt pages.
Button Mash is from "Button's Adventures" by JanAnimations. Link
This Act's featured song was "A True, True Friend" from Magical Mystery Cure.
On the song list:
WANT IT NEED IT
Misa's Song
Aviators- Her Darker Side
Brand New Day
Slipping
<Song Name Redacted> (I still can't say this title. It'd be a spoiler)
Poor Unfortunate Souls
Death, Death (Devil, Devil, Evil, Evil Songs) [Modified/Edited/Censored/Cleaned of course]
Hellfire
A True, True Friend
The Joker's Song
In the End by Lincoln Park (Suggested by Soundwave567)
The Apothecary (Suggested by TheStratovarian)


Those are a few ideas I have, but now I wanna hear from you. What song would you like me to incorporate into my musical? It can be from anything, and as long as you want. Just give me your suggestion, and I'll see if I can work it into the plot. Thumbs Up and Favorite!

"Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it."