• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 5,076 Views, 329 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Descent Into Madness- A Musical - Matthais Unidostres



Sweetie Belle has discovered that there is a powerful magic in her singing voice- a magic that allows her to pass judgment on those around her- a magic that is slowly driving her insane

  • ...
18
 329
 5,076

Act XI: Stand My Ground

. . . . . . . . .
Curtain Rise!

Act XI: Stand My Ground

The Princess of the Night winged her way through the Dreamscape. It was a world of beautiful darkness, spangled with tiny stars the seemed to fly by as tiny pin prick streaks. Below lay what looked like pools of color, standing out against the darkness. These were the Dream Realms of ponies. Everyone who dreamed spawned one of these miniature worlds. The worlds varied much in size, shape, and magical energies. Each realm was unique in its magical signature, allowed the Alicorn to discern between dreams.

Suffice to say, locating the dreamscape of one filly is no easy task. There were hundreds of Dream Realms scattered around the Dreamscape, and Luna could only easily detect the ones that were exhibiting signs of nightmares. It was by chance that she had stumbled upon Scootaloo's dream, and she had only re-entered it again due to it's familiar signature combined with its nightmare symptoms. Not that Luna didn't know what to look for as she searched for Sweetie Belle's dream, but she doubted that it would be plagued with any nightmares to make it stand out.

So, Luna was spending another night, seeking out that filly's magic, so she could confront her and dispel that magic once and for all.

"I'm not giving up," Luna said aloud as she flew, "I'm going to take this magic away from you, before you can cause any more damage."

Luna closed her eyes, "You may try your magic on me. . .you probably will. . .but I will meet it head on and fight it."

Luna opened her eyes and gazed at all the Dream Realms below her, scanning them with her magic in search for her target.

I can see
When you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?

Late at night
Things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind

I just know there's no escape
Now once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run,
Have to stare it in the eye

Luna dived down low and rolled through the dream mist rising above the realms.

Stand my ground, I won't give in
No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground

Luna pulled up and smiled. She could feel that Siren Magic. It was so very close now. However, at the same time she couldn't help but be worried. If this magic could charm Celestia, it certainly could charm her. She could be putting herself in danger. Luna took a moment to hover in mid air and clam herself.

It's all around
Getting stronger, coming closer
Into my world

I can feel
That it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

Though this might just be the ending
Of the life I held so dear
But I won't run,
There's no turning back from here

And with that Luna blasted forward in the direction of the magic signature.

Stand my ground, I won't give in
No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground

Luna was eerily clam despite her super sonic acceleration. "I must do this. . .for my sister. . .for Twilight. . .for all of Equestria. . .It's a risk, but I must stand my ground. That I know. . ."

All I know for sure is I'm trying
I will always stand my ground. . .

Luna dived down into her target Dream Realm with a splash. She flew over a replica of Ponyville in search of her target.

Stand my ground, I won't give in ,I won't give in.
I won't give up, I won't give up
no more denying, I got to face it
won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
if I don't make it, someone else will

Stand my ground, I won't give in
no more denying, I got to face it
won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
if I don't make it, someone else will
stand my ground. . .

Princess Luna landed with a loud thump directly behind an unsuspected unicorn filly and baby dragon. The pair were sitting on the railing of a small wooden bridge, arm in foreleg, and smiling innocently. They were surprised by the sudden sound, and both turned to face the Alicorn.

"Princess Luna?" Sweetie Belle gasped

Luna nodded and took determined steps towards the filly. She opened her mouth to speak-.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

The Dream Realm quickly started to collapse in on itself. Luna mentally cursed herself for taking so long as she was forcibly dragged out of the Dream Realm by an unseen force right as it suddenly popped.


Sweetie Belle opened her eyes in shock as she lay in her bed. She turned to look at the ringing alarm clock. She sighed and hit the top button, silencing it. She groggily sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes. Then the filly gasped and looked at the calendar.

"Oh my gosh! Today's the day! Today's the day!" Sweetie Belle squealed excitedly.

Spike groaned sleepily and rolled over in his bed. Sweetie Belle giggled and ran over to his side. He leaned over him and said, "It's Tuesday, Spike! And you know what that means?"

"A letter to Princess Celestia?" Spike grumbled.

"No silly! My concert!" the filly laughed joyfully.

Spike sighed, "Yeah, I'll be there."

"You better!" Sweetie Belle said with a mischievously grin on her face, "Cause you're absolutely gonna love my new song. . ."

Spike rolled over onto his stomach and snored. Sweetie Belle laughed and practically skipped out of the room. This was going to be perfect!


Curtian!

Author's Note:

This Act's featured song was "Stand My Ground" by Within Temptation. I give all of my thanks to The Great Derpsby for the suggestion. Luna singing this song is just awesome. And the Princess of the Night will be doing some more singing before this musical is done, I can promise you that.
On the song list:
WANT IT NEED IT by Jeff the Strider
Misa's Song from Death Note
Aviators- Her Darker Side
Brand New Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Slipping from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Still Alive- Portal (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
Want you Gone- Portal 2 (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
<Song Name Redacted> (I still can't say this title. It'd be a spoiler)
Poor Unfortunate Souls from the Little Mermaid
Death, Death (Devil, Devil, Evil, Evil Songs) by Voltaire [Modified/Edited/Censored/Cleaned of course]
Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Friends on the Other Side from the Princess and the Frog
Stand My Ground by Within Temptation (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
The Game by Disturbed (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Some Nights by Fun.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
A True, True Friend
The Joker's Song from Batman Arkum Asylum
Revenge by Madonna
In the Dark of the Night from Anastasia
What Have You Done by Within Temptation
He's Mine by MoKenStef
Everybody Plays the Fool by Aaron Neville
In the End by Lincoln Park (Suggested by Soundwave567)
The Apothecary by Enter the Haggis (Suggested by TheStratovarian)
Sad But True by Metallica (Suggested by Rametep)
It's Time For Action (Suggested and written by diamondstartheunicorn)
I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO Speedwagon

Those are a few ideas I have, but now I wanna hear from you. What song would you like me to incorporate into my musical? It can be from anything, and as long as you want. Just give me your suggestion, and I'll see if I can work it into the plot. Thumbs Up and Favorite!