• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 5,077 Views, 329 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Descent Into Madness- A Musical - Matthais Unidostres



Sweetie Belle has discovered that there is a powerful magic in her singing voice- a magic that allows her to pass judgment on those around her- a magic that is slowly driving her insane

  • ...
18
 329
 5,077

Act XIV: Hellfire

. . . . . . . . .
Curtain Rise!

Act XIV: Hellfire

Rarity walked with a nervous gait as she approached the house. Everyone was visibly shaken after Spike's fiery outburst at the concert. Rarity most of all, not counting Fluttershy, who was probably still hiding under her bed. Rainbow Dash was the most vocal about the situation; calling for Spike to be banished, or thrown in a dungeon, or thrown in a dungeon in the place he was banished to.

Rarity shuddered, but she wondered why. Spike had broken her little sister's heart, spiting the beauty of her love song back in her face, and destroying the stage everypony had worked so hard on. Spike clearly was wrong for what he did. So why did she feel sorry for him? She still felt bad for Sweetie Belle, but she still had pity for Spike. The way he had quickly clamed down and allowed himself to be locked in to Library basement was really something.

"Maybe he just realized that what he did was wrong and decided to take his punishment. . .yes, that must be it. . ." Rarity thought to herself. However, there was still a part inside her that wanted nothing better than to comfort Spike, which made absolutely no sense in Rarity's mind.

Soon, Rarity was at the front door. She sighed and simply stared at the door for what felt like an eternity. Then she took a deep breath, let it out, and knocked on the door.

"It's open," came the voice of Magnum.

Rarity walked into her parent's house to see them sitting at the kitchen table.

The unicorn stared at the floor for an awkward moment as her parents watched her somberly.

"How is she?" Rarity finally said softly.

Pearl sobbed quietly into a handkerchief as Magnum took a breath and replied, "She hasn't said a word. She hasn't been crying though, She's just. . .lying on her bed. . . broken hearted. . .that damn dragon. . .that filthy scaly-," Magnum forced himself to stop before he said something he'd regret and simply sighed.

"I must see her," Rarity said as she walked towards the filly's room, not waiting for a response from her parents.

In a few seconds, Rarity was at the door to Sweetie Belle's room. When knocking and calling her sister's name proved fruitless, Rarity sighed and pushed open the door. It was heartbreaking to see her little sister laying on her bed, staring up at the ceiling emotionlessly. Rarity used all her strength to hold back the tears.

The older unicorn walked up to her sister's bedside and stroked her man with a caring hoof.

"Oh, Sweetie. . .I'm so sorry. . .I wish I had known he would react. . .like that. . ." Rarity whispered.

Rarity pulled back in shock when Sweetie Belle moved to roll over onto her side, with her back to Rarity.

"Oh dear. . ." Rarity said softly, tears beginning to fall, "Spike. . .just wasn't worthy of you. You deserve better. And Spike won't get away with what he did. We'll even rebuild that stage. How does that sound."

To Rarity's shock and dismay, Sweetie Belle covered her ears with her hooves and closed her eyes.

"Maybe. . .she'll feel better in the morning. . . then we can talk. . ." Rarity said softly to herself. She then turned and exited the room, closing the door behind her.

Sweetie Belle, now alone, rolled over and stared at the ceiling again.

"Why?. . .Just why? Why couldn't he understand?"

Drugged your own sister. . .bewitch me with your singing. . .

"No!" Sweetie Belle shouted, sitting up in her bed. She breathed heavily as she stared at her hooves.

"He's wrong. . .This is my Special Talent. . .my purpose. . .my destiny. . ."

The filly turned to look at her Cutie Mark. The threads of fate of everypony in Equestria woven into a golden musical note.

"I can control Fates, so I have to know what I'm doing. Fate itself is telling me what to do. I stopped bad ponies and rewarded good ones. They got what they deserved. So shouldn't I? It's my fate to be with Spike. . .isn't it? I've had dreams about this. Me and Spike, together, sharing warmth, just being together. . ."

Sweetie Belle's mind began to drift to memories of all her fantasies and dreams of her and Spike. He could just see him dancing with her at the Royal Wedding, a common theme of her dreams about him. They had just finished dancing in her dream last night, and they were just sitting on the railing of the bridge right before Princess Luna arrived.

"Luna. . ." Sweetie Belle said softly. She wondered why Luna had interrupted her dream. She had woken up before she had the chance to ask. She wondered what that was all about.

"Maybe it was a warning about Spike. Maybe Luna knew that he was dangerous, and that he wouldn't accept me. . ."

Sweetie Belle got off of her bed and walked towards her window. She stared out into the night sky and stared up at the gorgeous full moon.

"That's got to be it. . .but I love Spike. . so much. . .

Sweetie Belle grit her teeth and banged her head on the window sill as her horn sparked in response.

"What's wrong with him? What's wrong with him? What's wrong with him? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM!"

Sweetie Belle looked back up at the moon as her rage threatened to boil over. The moonlight seemed to have a calming effect on the filly as she stared at the glowing silver orb in the sky. Sweetie Belle stood silently in the position for a few minutes as new thoughts and conclusions filled her mind.

"You understand me. . .don't you Luna?"

Sweetie Belle bowed her head as her horn radiated pink light.

Oh Princess. Oh Luna.
You know I am a righteous mare
Of my virtue I am justly proud

Oh Princess. Oh Luna
You know I'm so much purer than
The common, vulgar, weak, and stupid crowd

Then tell me, oh Luna
Why I see him dancing there
Why his smoldering eyes still scorch my soul

I feel him, I see him
The Sun caught in his purple scales
Is blazing in me out of all control

Sweetie Belle gasped as an image of Spike appeared to be reflected in the glass window. She looked around her dark room in fear.


Like fire
Hellfire
This fire in my skin

This burning
Desire
Is turning me to sin

Sweetie Belle's eyes widened with terror as the Nightmare Army that had attacked Ponyville a while ago were now standing in her room, surrounding her. Sweetie Belle whirled around in a circle as the creatures stared at her ominously.

It's not my fault!

"It is your fault. . ."

I'm not to blame!

"You are to blame. . ."

It is the dragon boy,
The beast who set this flame!

"Through your most grievous fault. . ."

It's not my fault!

"It is your fault. . ."

If in God's plan,

"It was your plan. . ."

He made Lord Tirek so much stronger than a mare!

Sweetie Belle watched as all the Nightmare Creatures were sucked out of the window. she ran to it and saw them being sucked back into the brightly shining Moon. Sweetie Belle reached out to celestial orb and called out to it.

Protect me, oh Luna!
Don't let this dragon cast his spell!
Don't let his fire sear my flesh and bone!

Destroy Spike the Dragon!
And let him taste the fires of Hell!
Or else let him be mine and mine alone!


Rarity walked sadly back to the Carousel Boutique. She was only a few feet away when Rainbow Dash suddenly flew down in front of her.

"Rarity! You won't believe it! Spike escaped!" Dash exclaimed.

"What?" Rarity gasped,

"That little arsonist punk dunk his way out! We think he's hiding in the Everfree Forest!" Dash explained in an angry tone.

"But. . .how. . .?" Rarity stammered.

Dash shook her head and turned her back on the unicorn. "Never mind. I never should've told you anyway. I'll find him. I'll find that little traitor if I have to Rainboom the entire Forest flat!" the Pegasus said maliciously.

Before Rarity could say another word, Rainbow Dash had already flown off.


Sweetie Belle stared up at the moon, her eyes practically glued to it. Eventually she tore her eyes away from it and grabbed a photograph from her nightstand. It was a picture of her and Spike dancing at the Royal Wedding. Sweetie Belle glared angrily at the photo.

Hellfire
Dark fire
Now dragon, it's your turn

Choose me or
Your pyre
Be mine or you will burn!

Sweetie Belle shot a green beam of energy at the Spike in the photo, causing the picture to burn and disintegrate into ash.

"God have mercy on him. . ." Sweetie Belle whispered, then she fell to her knees and shuddered, "God have mercy on me. . ."

Sweetie Belle soon got back onto her hooves and sang resolutely.

But he will be mine or
He!
Will!
Burn!

Sweetie Belle was fast asleep 10 minutes later. . .


Curtain!

Author's Note:

That's right, I put a YouTube video in the story. That's "Hellfire" from Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," only it's a female cover! It is incredible! WOW! Just wow! And I found this by ACCIDENT! Incredible, isn't it! Elsie is an incredible singer, isn't she?! Hellfire- SweetPoffin's Female Cover (NEW AND IMPROVED) Link
On the song list:
WANT IT NEED IT by Jeff the Strider
Misa's Song from Death Note
Aviators- Her Darker Side
Brand New Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Slipping from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Still Alive- Portal (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
Want you Gone- Portal 2 (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
<Song Name Redacted> (I still can't say this title. It'd be a spoiler)
Poor Unfortunate Souls from the Little Mermaid
Slaying the Dreamer by Nightwish (Suggested by Volossya)
Master Passion Greed by Nightwish (Suggested by Volossya)
Death, Death (Devil, Devil, Evil, Evil Songs) by Voltaire [Modified/Edited/Censored/Cleaned of course]
Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Friends on the Other Side from the Princess and the Frog
Stand My Ground by Within Temptation (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
The Game by Disturbed (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Some Nights by Fun.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
A True, True Friend
The Joker's Song from Batman Arkum Asylum
Revenge by Madonna
In the Dark of the Night from Anastasia
What Have You Done by Within Temptation
He's Mine by MoKenStef
Everybody Plays the Fool by Aaron Neville
In the End by Lincoln Park (Suggested by Soundwave567)
The Apothecary by Enter the Haggis (Suggested by TheStratovarian)
Sad But True by Metallica (Suggested by Rametep)
It's Time For Action (Suggested and written by diamondstartheunicorn)
I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO Speedwagon

Those are a few ideas I have, but now I wanna hear from you. What song would you like me to incorporate into my musical? It can be from anything, and as long as you want. Just give me your suggestion, and I'll see if I can work it into the plot. Thumbs Up and Favorite!