• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 5,076 Views, 329 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Descent Into Madness- A Musical - Matthais Unidostres



Sweetie Belle has discovered that there is a powerful magic in her singing voice- a magic that allows her to pass judgment on those around her- a magic that is slowly driving her insane

  • ...
18
 329
 5,076

Act XVIII: Monster

. . . . . . . . .
Curtain Rise!

Act XVIII: Monster

Sweetie Belle walked slowly though the nearly empty town. The world was eerily silent, and the hairs on the back of Sweetie Belle's head were standing up. She breathed heavily and laboriously as her brain went through the entire weeks events, from the mundane to the maniacal.

The unicorn filly soon arrived to Sugar Cube Corner, looking sad and forlorn with no customers around. Sweetie Belle circled around the building until she stopped at a window. Looking through it, she could see Mr. and Mrs. Cake with Pumpkin and Pound. Sweetie Belle watched as the parents spoon fed their innocent children, who laughed and abled incoherently. Mrs. Cake kissed each foal on the forehead as Mr. Cake smiled endearingly.

"Why does looking at them make me feel so. . .bad?"

Sweetie Belle frowned.

"They're innocent and happy. They didn't do anything to compromise themselves. They didn't take chances. . .like I did. . .but. . .did they. . .I. . .wasn't I. . .not innocent. . .bad. . .?"

Sweetie Belle ran her hooves through her mane as her thoughts began to slowly break down into a mangled mess. She scrunched her eyes tightly, desperately trying to bring back coherent thoughts, but the whole world just seemed twist and turn without rhyme or reason. And in the middle of it all, Sweetie Belle could sense something ugly, angry, and filled with hate. One moment, the thing seemed to be surrounding her, and in the next, it was within her.

Sweetie Belle shuddered as her eyes snapped open, coherency returning to her mind once again. She looked through the window at the happy family once again, and began signing to the ponies who could not hear her.

The secret side of me,
I never let you see
I keep it caged, but I can't control it.
So stay away from me,
The beast is ugly
I feel the rageand I just can't hold it.

Sweetie Belle then quickly turned an ran from the place, hoping that the direction she was running in was the direction her home was in. She turned to the left and saw her shadow being casted on the walls of some houses. The filly shrunk away in fear of the huge shadow next to her.

It's scratching on the walls,
In the closet, in the halls
It comes awake, and I can't control it
Hiding under the bed,
In my body, in my head
Why won't somebody come and save me from this, make it end?

Sweetie Belle tripped and fell to the ground. She didn't try to get up, She just lay there as put her fore hooves onto her horn as tears of fear began to fall from her eyes.

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I hate what I've become,
The nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

Sweetie Belle looked up, and to her horror, she saw herself with an evil grin while holding the rock in her telekinetic grip. She raised the rock with the intension of striking hard, but Sweetie Belle suddenly jumped up and wrestled her to the ground. Sweetie Belle screamed and beat at her for a moment, until she suddenly realized that no one was there. Sweetie Belle got up slowly, eyes wide with fear, as looked up at her horn, which was emmiting green sparks again.

My secret side I keep,
Hid under lock and key
I keep it caged, but I can't control it
'Cause if I let her out
She'll tear me up, break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this, make it end?

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become,
The nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

Sweetie Belle ran into an alley and looked around wildly. She shuddered as the shadows rose around her.

It's hiding in the dark,
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me,
It wants my soul, it wants my heart
No one can hear me scream,
Maybe it's just a dream?
Maybe it's inside of me,
Stop this monster!

Sweetie Belle suddenly charged at a wall, her horn burning like a green star again as it punched right into the brick. Sweetie Belle breathed heavily as she stood with wide eyes and her horn jammed into the wall.

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that feel like a monster

Suddenly Sweetie Belle's eyes flashed with the olive green light. She suddenly pulled herself out of the wall and laughed victoriously. Smiling with glee and elation, she shouted loud to the empty town.

I like what I've become!
The nightmare's just begun!
I must confess that I feel like a monster!

I feel it deep within!
It's just beneath the skin!
I must confess that I feel like a monster!
I've gotta lose control!
It's something radical!
I must confess that I feel like a monster!

I, I feel like a monster!
I, I feel like a monster!

I, I feel like a monster!
I, I feel like a monster!


Sweetie Belle shot a cluster of green sparks out of her horn and up into the air. She stood and looked up as the sparks cascaded down around her like snow. She smiled and stuck her tongue out, catching one of the sparks. She shivered at the sensation that ran through her. Her brain fired up as a sensation that felt both wrong and right at the same time moved through her. The paradox of it seemed to elate her mind as she grinned and began to walk in the direction of home.


Curtain!

Author's Note:

This part's featured song was "Monster" by Skillet. Thank you gamedude88 for recommending that song.

On the song list:
Liar by Disciple (Suggested by rainshy twiapple)
WANT IT NEED IT by Jeff the Strider
Misa's Song from Death Note
Aviators- Her Darker Side
Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus (Suggested by diamondstartheunicorn)
Titanium by David Guetta (Suggested by diamondstartheunicorn)
Brand New Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Slipping from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Killing The Dragon by Dio
Monster by Skillet (Suggested by gamedude88)
Pretty Women from Sweeny Todd
Still Alive- Portal (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
Want you Gone- Portal 2 (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
<Song Name Redacted> (I still can't say this title. It'd be a spoiler)
Who You Are by Oomph! (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Your Love Is Killing Me by Oomph! (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Poor Unfortunate Souls from the Little Mermaid
Slaying the Dreamer by Nightwish (Suggested by Volossya)
Master Passion Greed by Nightwish (Suggested by Volossya)
Death, Death (Devil, Devil, Evil, Evil Songs) by Voltaire [Modified/Edited/Censored/Cleaned of course]
Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Friends on the Other Side from the Princess and the Frog
Stand My Ground by Within Temptation (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
The Game by Disturbed (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Tear From the Moon by Conjure One (Suggested by Rametep)
Some Nights by Fun.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
A True, True Friend
The Joker's Song by Miracle of Sound from Batman Arkum Asylum
Revenge by Madonna
In the Dark of the Night from Anastasia
What Have You Done by Within Temptation
He's Mine by MoKenStef
Everybody Plays the Fool by Aaron Neville
In the End by Lincoln Park (Suggested by Soundwave567)
The Apothecary by Enter the Haggis (Suggested by TheStratovarian)
Sad But True by Metallica (Suggested by Rametep)
It's Time For Action (Suggested and written by diamondstartheunicorn)
I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO Speedwagon
Just Like You by Three Days Grace
Sister Hate by The Living Tombstone feat Mic the Microphone
Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin
You're Only Second Rate from The Return of Jafar
The Trial by Pink Floyd (Suggested by SCP Pinkamena)
When Will You Die? by There Might Be Giants

Those are a few ideas I have, but now I wanna hear from you. What song would you like me to incorporate into my musical? It can be from anything, and as long as you want. Just give me your suggestion, and I'll see if I can work it into the plot. Thumbs Up and Favorite!