• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 5,077 Views, 329 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Descent Into Madness- A Musical - Matthais Unidostres



Sweetie Belle has discovered that there is a powerful magic in her singing voice- a magic that allows her to pass judgment on those around her- a magic that is slowly driving her insane

  • ...
18
 329
 5,077

Act XII: I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore

. . . . . . . . .
Curtain Rise!

Act XII: I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore

Applebloom and Scootaloo helped Silver Spoon wheel in a combination record machine and sound system behind the stage, similar to the one they used during the failed talent show act. They hooked up the speakers to it, and plugged in Sweetie Belle's microphone.

"There! We're all set!" Applebloom said.

Dinky hopped over to the closed curtain and stuck her head out. "Hi everypony!" she said happily.

"Dinky!" Silver Spoon shouted as she dragged the filly back behind the curtains.

It was late in the evening, and the Moon and stars shone down on the stage as everypony in Ponyville gathered for the concert. Everypony had been talking about Sweetie Belle's performance, and were all very excited.

Rarity and Sweetie Belle walked onto the stage. Sweetie Belle seemed to be almost bursting with excitement. Rarity hugged her little sister and said, "Ooh, Sweetie I am sooo proud of you!"

"Well just wait until you hear me sing!" the filly replied happily.

"Oh, you'll blow everypony away, Sweetie! I know you will!" Rarity said, "Well, I'd best get back into the audience with the rest of the girls. See you later."

As Rarity left, Sweetie Belle nodded solemnly.

"The only one I want to blow away isn't a pony. . ."


Button Mash ran through the street of Ponyville in a desperate search of Spike. Sweetie Belle had asked him to locate the dragon's spot in the audience before the show started, but to Button's dismay, Spike was nowhere to be seen. He had already searched the Library, and there wasn't a scale to be found.

Button slid to a halt and face hoofed.

"Grr! This is hopeless! I'm never gonna find him! Now Sweetie's gonna be so upset with me! Oh man, oh man, oh man!"

Button mumbled a few Humgolian swears as he looked up to see Sugarcube Corner.

"I need a milkshake," he grumbled as he made his way toward the shop. He kicked the door open, and spotted Spike sitting at a table, sipping at a milkshake of his own and deep in thought.

"It's gonna be hard to avoid Sweetie Belle for the rest of my life. I just wish I knew why Rarity doesn't-"

"Spike! There you are! Ya need to get to Sweetie Belle's concert right away!" Button shouted as he ran to the dragon's side.

The dragon jumped at the interruption, turned to Button and sighed, "I don't know, Button. I'm just really confused about Sweetie Belle."

"Confused? About what?!" Button exclaimed, "She's a really pretty girl with a really pretty voice! What is there to be confused about!"

"Uh. . ." Spike said nervously.

"Besides, she'll be really, really ,really disappointed if you don't show up, believe me!"

Spike snorted, "Yeah, I'll believe that!"

Button put his hooves on Spike's shoulders and looked at him. "Come on Spike. What could possibly be so bad about watching a filly, who's special talent is singing, put on a concert?"

Spike looked down in thought, "Nothing much. . .I guess. . .at least I don't think so. . ."

"So what are ya waiting for! It's gonna start soon, so come on!" Button said as nudged Spike towards the door.

"Okay, okay, I'm going," Spike muttered.

"Maybe I can slip away and hide at Fluttershy's house after the concert is over. . ."


The crowd began to grow restless as the waited for the concert to start. It was now 7:30 P.M., meaning the show was already 30 minutes late. Behind the curtains, Sweetie Belle was pacing around nervously.

"Where is Button Mash? I need to know where Spike is!" Sweetie Belle said impatiently.

"Sweetie Belle, we're late enough already!" Applebloom said, "Maybe we should just start."

"No! Spike has to be here! He has to hear my song at all costs!" Sweetie Belle said.

"Why not just do your thing now, and then give Spike a private serenade later?" Silver Spoon suggested.

"That's not as dramatic!" Sweetie Belle said, and then she smiled and rubbed her hooves together, "It's better this way. Everypony will see!"

"See what?" Scootaloo asked.

"You'll see. . ." Sweetie Belle said cryptically.

Button Mash suddenly ran backstage in a hurry.

"Oh, Button! Did you find where Spike is?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Button chuckled nervously and traced a line on the ground, "Yeah! He's , uh, kinda. . . all the way in the back of the crowd. . ."

"No problem!" Sweetie Belle said optimistically. Then she turned to her friends. "Alright, everypony! You know what to do!"


Silver Spoon came out through the break in the curtains and spoke into the microphone.

"Good evening, fillies and gentlecolts. Sorry for the delay, but the concert is now finally about to begin. So everypony give a big hand to one of Ponyville's most talented, the unicorn filly who got a Cutie Mark in song, the one and only Sweetie Belle!"

The audience stomped their hooves and cheered, as Silver Spoon backed up behind the curtain, and it quickly parted to reveal Sweetie Belle, holding the microphone in her telekinetic grip.

"It was really hard to master my magic enough to do this, but it was worth it," Sweetie Belle thought as she looked at the floating mic. The music started to play through the speakers, and Sweetie Belle felt her soul start to glow with passion. She closed her eyes and stepped out onto the stage. She took a deep breath, and allowed the lyrcis to flow straight from her heart.

I can't fight this feeling any longer.
And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow.
What started out as friendship,
Has grown stronger.
I only wish I had the strength to let it show.

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever.
I said there is no reason for my fear.
Cause I feel so secure when we're together.
You give my life direction,
You make everything so clear.

Sweetie Belle opened her eyes and dramatically looked up into the sky.

And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the window,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

Sweetie Belle jumped up on her hind legs and sung extra loud, pointing out into the crowd.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crushing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

At this moment, Applebloom and Scootaloo were standing close to Spike. They then suddenly grabbed him without warning and carried him up to the stage. Spike struggled and protested as much as he could, but nopony could hear him over the music. Before long, Spike found himself on the stage. He looked up in shock as Sweetie Belle made his well over to him, burning passionate love in his eyes.

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you.
I've been running round in circles in my mind
And it always seems that I'm following you, Spike,
Cause you take me to the places,
That alone I'd never find.

And even as I wander,
I'm keeping you in sight.
You're a candle in the wind,
On a cold, dark winter's night.
And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might.

Sweetie Belle threw a fore leg around Spike's shoulder and brought him close to her as she sang strongly.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
And if I have to crawl upon the floor,
Come crushing through your door,
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

Sweetie Belle led Spike further back on the stage as the music reached it's end. She released Spike just as the music reached its conclusion and looked deep into Spike's eyes.

"I love you, Spike. . ." she whispered into the microphone.

The crowd gasped and applauded at this, touched by the heartfelt display of affection. Spike, however, merely stared at Sweetie Belle in shock with an expression that was nearly unreadable.

Then the curtains slowly slid closed. . .


Curtian!

Author's Note:

This Act's featured song was "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" by REO Speedwagon, the greatest love song ever written! It is my absolute favorite love song. It's just so awesome!
On the song list:
WANT IT NEED IT by Jeff the Strider
Misa's Song from Death Note
Aviators- Her Darker Side
Brand New Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Slipping from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Still Alive- Portal (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
Want you Gone- Portal 2 (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
<Song Name Redacted> (I still can't say this title. It'd be a spoiler)
Poor Unfortunate Souls from the Little Mermaid
Death, Death (Devil, Devil, Evil, Evil Songs) by Voltaire [Modified/Edited/Censored/Cleaned of course]
Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Friends on the Other Side from the Princess and the Frog
Stand My Ground by Within Temptation (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
The Game by Disturbed (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Some Nights by Fun.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
A True, True Friend
The Joker's Song from Batman Arkum Asylum
Revenge by Madonna
In the Dark of the Night from Anastasia
What Have You Done by Within Temptation
He's Mine by MoKenStef
Everybody Plays the Fool by Aaron Neville
In the End by Lincoln Park (Suggested by Soundwave567)
The Apothecary by Enter the Haggis (Suggested by TheStratovarian)
Sad But True by Metallica (Suggested by Rametep)
It's Time For Action (Suggested and written by diamondstartheunicorn)
I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO Speedwagon

Those are a few ideas I have, but now I wanna hear from you. What song would you like me to incorporate into my musical? It can be from anything, and as long as you want. Just give me your suggestion, and I'll see if I can work it into the plot. Thumbs Up and Favorite!

Horton Hears a Who anyone?