• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 5,077 Views, 329 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Descent Into Madness- A Musical - Matthais Unidostres



Sweetie Belle has discovered that there is a powerful magic in her singing voice- a magic that allows her to pass judgment on those around her- a magic that is slowly driving her insane

  • ...
18
 329
 5,077

Act XIX: Just Like You

. . . . . . . . .
Curtain Rise!

Act XIX: Just Like You

Fluttershy paced around her cottage, fear in her chest and her mind. She stopped suddenly and put her left hoof to her mouth, biting it hard. She turned to see Angel Bunny lying on the couch, pouting angrily with his arms folded.

Fluttershy gulped nervously and said, "Oh Angel, it doesn't make any sense. It's all wrong. Sweetie Belle is just. . .all wrong. It's almost like. . .she knows. . ."

Fluttershy's voice trailed off and she shuddered in fear. She stared at Angel Bunny, who tapped his foot and pointed at her, and then at the front door.

"You think. . .I should confront her. . .?" Fluttershy said in a hushed tone.

Angel Bunny narrowed his eyes at her and nodded. He then formed fists and threw punches at the air.

"I should. .. be assertive," Fluttershy said with a nod.

Angel smiled and returned the nod.

"I'll go right over to Sweetie Belle and find out the truth!" Fluttershy said as she flew up into the air and hovered there. "I'm going to find the truth! And make Sweetie Belle face the truth as well!" Fluttershy then shrunk down a bit and landed back onto the ground, "That is. . .I can try. . .at least. . ."

Angel rolled his eyes and pointed.

"Oh! Um, right. I'll go. Now. Yeah. . ." Fluttershy said nervously as she rushed out the front door.

Angel Bunny sighed and chuckled to himself. Then he hopped off the couch and walked towards the kitchen to get something to eat.


Sweetie Belle walked through the empty street, still smiling as she made her way home. She looked up to the sky and laughed.

"Sweetie Belle!" a voice cried.

Sweetie Belle stopped laughing and frowned, turning to see Fluttershy approaching her. The filly suddenly smiled again and waved cheerfully. "Hi, Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy landed in front of Sweetie Belle and looked around nervously, "Oh, um, oh dear. . .where is. . . um. . .everypony?"

Sweetie Belle rubbed her hoof on her chest fur and admired it, "Oh, they're out looking for Spike. They were all really upset about Spike attacking Rarity."

"How did you know Rarity was attacked?"

Sweetie Belle blinked and stared at Fluttershy. "Huh?"

Fluttershy flinched a little, but then she looked back at Sweetie and said, "it's just. . .that. . ." Fluttershy took a breath and continued, "When I found Rarity unconscious in her Boutique, I was the first one there. Then I went to the hospital and got the medical ponies to take her. Then I told Pearl and Magnum, and then I told Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack. Then Pinkie Pie and I investigate the Boutique. . .and then you walked in."

Sweetie Belle's eyes widened.

Fluttershy swallowed nervously, but then narrowed her eyes and continued, "Sweetie Belle. . .you couldn't have known what we were investigating when you walked in. You couldn't have known that Rarity was attacked and hit on the horn. Rainbow Dash and Applejack weren't going to tell you or your friends yet. And your parents didn't leave the hospital."

Fluttershy took a small step towards Sweetie Belle. The filly didn't move. Fluttershy looked sadly at Sweetie Belle and said, "Sweetie Belle, I'm not angry. I just want to know how you knew. Why you were so quick to accuse Spike."

Fluttershy stepped closer to Sweetie Belle and said, "Do you know the real reason why Spike set the stage on fire that time? Please, Sweetie Belle. I want to understand. I want to help you."

Sweetie Belle stared at Fluttershy with wide eyes. She then narrowed her eyes and frowned. "You can't understand what I understand, Fluttershy!"

"But I want to!" Fluttershy said pleadingly.

"NO! I'm mean you're not allowed to!" Sweetie Belle said in a shrill voice, "I can sing Fate, so I can do whatever I want! They deserve it, because I'm always right!"

"Sweetie Belle!" Fluttershy gasped as she put her hooves on Sweetie Belle's shoulders, "It's okay! Just listen to me, you can still fix your horrible mistake."

"HORRIBLE MISTAKE!?" Sweetie Belle shouted, sparks flying from her horn.

"Eeep!" Fluttershy squeaked as she fell back onto her back.

"You can't tell me that I did wrong!" Sweetie Belle shouted angrily, "After everything you've done? How you hurt my big sister so bad and said her reason for living was petty and meaningless!"

"Well. . .I. . ." Fluttershy squeaked as she hid behind her mane.

"You're crazy! You're nice one moment, and then act crazy and mean the next! You can't say what I'm doing is wrong, cause the stuff I do is supposed to happen!"

Fluttershy backed off and cowered low to the ground.

"You're just as bad as Spike and Rarity," Sweetie Belle said as her horn burned like a green candle.

I could be mean
I could be angry
You know I could be just like you

I could be fake
I could be stupid
You know I could be just like you

You thought you could stand beside me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you!

Sweetie Belle walked around Fluttershy, scrutinizing her under her hard gaze.

You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you
You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you!

Fluttershy felt tears fall from her eyes as Sweetie Belle's eyes zeroed in on her, making her feel very nervous. Sweetie Belle smirked as more sparks flew from her horn.

I could be cold
I could be ruthless
You know I could be just like you

I could be weak
I could be senseless
You know I could be just like you

You thought you could stand beside me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you

Sweetie Belle's horn flashed, and Fluttershy gasped in horror as a copy of herself stood over her and gave her a powerful shot of her own Stare.

You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you
You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you

Fluttershy cowered low on the ground as the image of herself grew larger and large until it towered high above her, still using the Stare on her. Sweetie Belle only watched with a determined smile as she sang.

On my own,
Cause I can't take listening to you
I'm alone,
So I won't turn out like you want me to

Fluttershy hung her head and wept as her malicious copy smiled wickedly. "She's right. I have no right to judge Sweetie Belle, after everything I've done."

You thought you could stand beside me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you

Fluttershy changed a quick glance upwards, and the huge duplicate was still there, staring down at her. However, she found herself unable to turn away. Reflected in the huge cruel eyes that stared down at her, she could see images of herself cowering during Trixie's regime. It soon changed to her panicking and whimpering in her "Secret Mission Outfit" as her animals carried her towards Zecora's hut in the Everfree.

You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you
You thought you were there to guide me
You were only in my way
You're wrong if you think that I'll be just like you

The images within the giant's eyes then changed to her beating the pony who took her cab up, and then to her tearing into Pinkie Pie and Rarity, sending them away in tears. And then, all at once, the huge doppelganger vanished, and Sweetie Belle went over to the real Fluttershy and touched her horn to her forehead. The filly smiled as the color began to drain from Fluttershy's coat.

I could be mean
I could be angry
You know I could be just like you!


Angel Bunny was on the kitchen counter, reclining on a soft pot holder on top of a rolling pin. The gluttonous bunny grabbed a can of whipped cream and discharged a load of the sweet cream onto a bowl filled with orange slices, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. He carelessly tossed the empty can to the floor and reached into a jar of maraschino cherries. He tossed a cherry on top of the small mountain of cream and licked his paw clean. Then, with a naughty smile, Angel opened his mouth wide as he prepared to dig into the food.

"It's not good to be a picky little glutton, Angel," said a cool venomous voice.

Angel Bunny's ears shot up and he turned quickly to see somepony standing in the kitchen doorway. Somepony he only vaguely recognized.

"Somepony should really teach you a few things, Angel. . ." she said as she stepped forward, a disturbing little smile of sick glee on her face.

The bunny's cotton tail vibrated in fright as his bottom lip twitched. However, he found that he couldn't move a muscle beneath the mare's cruel eyes. He could only stare up with wide fearful eyes as the Pegasus cast a dark shadow over him as she got closer and closer.


Curtain!

Author's Note:

Well, Fluttershy sure learned a lot form Phoenix Wright during "Turnabout Storm"! However, it was all for naught. Or was it?
The featured song was "Just Like You," by Three Days Grace.

On the song list:
Liar by Disciple (Suggested by rainshy twiapple)
WANT IT NEED IT by Jeff the Strider
Misa's Song from Death Note
Aviators- Her Darker Side
Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus (Suggested by diamondstartheunicorn)
Titanium by David Guetta (Suggested by diamondstartheunicorn)
Brand New Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Slipping from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Killing The Dragon by Dio
Monster by Skillet (Suggested by gamedude88)
Pretty Women from Sweeny Todd
Still Alive- Portal (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
Want you Gone- Portal 2 (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
<Song Name Redacted> (I still can't say this title. It'd be a spoiler)
Who You Are by Oomph! (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Your Love Is Killing Me by Oomph! (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Poor Unfortunate Souls from the Little Mermaid
Slaying the Dreamer by Nightwish (Suggested by Volossya)
Master Passion Greed by Nightwish (Suggested by Volossya)
Death, Death (Devil, Devil, Evil, Evil Songs) by Voltaire [Modified/Edited/Censored/Cleaned of course]
Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Friends on the Other Side from the Princess and the Frog
Stand My Ground by Within Temptation (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
The Game by Disturbed (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Tear From the Moon by Conjure One (Suggested by Rametep)
Some Nights by Fun.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
A True, True Friend
The Joker's Song by Miracle of Sound from Batman Arkum Asylum
Revenge by Madonna
In the Dark of the Night from Anastasia
What Have You Done by Within Temptation
He's Mine by MoKenStef
Everybody Plays the Fool by Aaron Neville
In the End by Lincoln Park (Suggested by Soundwave567)
The Apothecary by Enter the Haggis (Suggested by TheStratovarian)
Sad But True by Metallica (Suggested by Rametep)
It's Time For Action (Suggested and written by diamondstartheunicorn)
I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO Speedwagon
Just Like You by Three Days Grace
Sister Hate by The Living Tombstone feat Mic the Microphone
Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin
You're Only Second Rate from The Return of Jafar
The Trial by Pink Floyd (Suggested by SCP Pinkamena)
When Will You Die? by There Might Be Giants
Silhouette by Owl City (Suggested by Pylons)

Those are a few ideas I have, but now I wanna hear from you. What song would you like me to incorporate into my musical? It can be from anything, and as long as you want. Just give me your suggestion, and I'll see if I can work it into the plot. Thumbs Up and Favorite!