• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 5,077 Views, 329 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Descent Into Madness- A Musical - Matthais Unidostres



Sweetie Belle has discovered that there is a powerful magic in her singing voice- a magic that allows her to pass judgment on those around her- a magic that is slowly driving her insane

  • ...
18
 329
 5,077

Act X: Sad But True

. . . . . . . . .
Curtain Rise!

Act X: Sad But True

Spike slipped out of the house early that morning. Sweetie Belle seemed to get creepier and creepier by the day. First was that. . .episode in the clubhouse, and now. . Spike wasn't exactly too sure. Sweetie Belle had come home so happy last night. She had hugged him and giggled in a silly manner. Oddly enough, the hug had made him feel very comfortable. But Spike simply shook it off and went to sleep.

Spike put thoughts of Sweetie Belle out of his mind as he scampered over to the Carousel Boutique, just in time to see Rarity opening up shop for the day. Spike's heart beat strongly as he saw Rarity at the door. He slid to a halt right in front of the white unicorn and said, "Good morning, Most Beautiful One! Any gems in need of harvesting? Any chores in need of doing?"

Rarity stared at the little dragon in front of him with a slightly sad expression.

"Oh dear. . .he's got it bad, hasn't he?"

"Well, no, actually," the unicorn said.

Spike smiled as he got closer to Rarity, "Well then, how about we go out for a little brunch? My treat..."

Rarity's facial expression turned sympathetic, and a little uncomfortable.

"Oh my goodness gracious me! I had better get the poor child disillusioned straight away!"

"Spike. . .why don't you come in," she said.

"Sure!" Spike said happily as he scampered in joyously.

Rarity sighed sadly as she closed the door behind her. She stepped in front of the young dragon. His eyes were wide with anticipation as she admired the unicorn in front of him.

"Alright, then. You can do this. Do not sugar coat thus. His future depends on it."

"Spike," Rarity said with a sigh, "These feelings you have for me are just unhealthy."

Spike's smile was replaced by a look of shock, "Wha-?"

"Do you really believe you and I could ever be together?" Rarity said in a slightly bemused tone that she hoped would take the edge of the situation.

Spike's jaws flapped open and closed a few times. He felt too shocked to speak."I - well - uh - y-y-YES! I always dreamed of us!" he finally shouted.

"And that's all they were, are, and ever will be," Rarity said with finality in her voice.

"Bu-bu-bu-bu-," Spike stammered as his little heart began to slowly break.

"You're just a young child who's too into adventure and work and action. I definitely prefer the finer things in life," Rarity said elegantly while tossing her mane with a hoof. "Art, music, literature, things like that."

"But so do I!" Spike cried out desperately.

"He's not going to let go. I could go on like this forever and he still wouldn't quit. Time to lay down the law. I'm so sorry, Spike. This is for your own good."

"Enough of this, Spike!" Rarity said, punctuating it with a slam of her hoof that cause Spike to jump, "The thought of the two of us getting together is insane! It would never work. It would most certainly fall apart before too long! That's why I urge to find someone else. I am your friend, Spike. You are simply going to have to accept that. Conversation ended!"

Spike found himself caught in Rarity's magic as she gently levitated him over to the door. She opened it and nudged the little dragon out.

"Wait!" he cried right before Rarity closed the door. The white unicorn looked the little dragon in the eye. The pair stared at each other for a minute or two, but then Spike broke the silence. "Is it because I'm a dragon?" he asked sadly.

"No," Rarity said gingerly.

Spike's heart leapt with hope.

"It's because you're a child."

SLAM!

The hope promptly died.

Spike stared at the door for what felt like hours, his lip trembling but no tears falling. Eventually, he couldn't take it, and ran off sobbing his heart out.


Sweetie Belle and her friends had split up after a brief meeting about how they were going to run Sweetie Belle's very first concert. Applebloom was worried about Sweetie Belle's stage fright, but the unicorn declared with great confidence that she had that problem licked.

Button Mash was excited about setting up the lights, and Dinky was ecstatic about backing some mini-muffins for the audience. Applebloom had curtain duty, Silver Spoon would have programs printed and supply all the equipment, and Scootaloo would operate the phonograph.

It was a bustling and exciting meeting, however, they soon noticed that they were short one purple dragon. So, they all split up in search of their little friend.

"He wasn't in his bed when I woke up. Where could he have gone so early?"

Sweetie Belle found herself at the Library, still in need of a Librarian. Mayor Mare was still getting around to that. The place seemed to be empty, but just as Sweetie Belle was about to leave, she heard the soft sound of sobbing. Surprised, the filly quietly followed the noise to the basement door. Opening it slowly, she quietly went down the steps and into Twilight Sparkle's lab.

Among the strange gadgets and gizmos was Spike, kneeled onto the ground and weeping bitterly.

Sweetie Belle gasped, putting a hoof over her mouth.

"Spike? My Spike? My brave, happy, optimistic Spike? Crying? But why-?"

Sweetie Belle's heart sank when the answer came to her. It had to be the new Rarity. Sweetie Belle did her best to lift her spirits and become as resolute as possible.

"Spike has to let go of Rarity! He has to get over her if my song tomorrow is ever gonna make him realize that I'm the one for him, and not Rarity!"

And with that thought, Sweetie Belle trotted toward the weeping dragon.

"You're not gonna drag him down with you, Rarity! He's mine!"

Spike felt a hoof tap his shoulder, and turned around fast to see Sweetie Belle. Unable to speak, he merely looked at her as tears still fell from his eyes.

"Spike?" Sweetie Belle asked softly, "What's wrong?"

Spike turned away for a moment and continued to sob into his forearm. He did this for a while, then said, "Rarity. . .doesn't want me. . ."

Sweetie Belle quickly put her forelegs around the dragon and hugged him. "It's fine, Spike," she said with a smile, "She wasn't your type anyway."

"Yes she was!" the dragon shouted, pushing Sweetie Belle away before crying into his claws.

The filly watched Spike cry for a minute, both sad and angry about how this was going. "Listen, Spike," she said soft let firmly, "You don't have to worry about anything. . .cause you got me."

Spike looked up at the filly, tears still in his eyes, as he thought about what she had said. He closed his eyes for a moment, then he nodded and opened them. "I get it," he said, "Sweetie Belle?"

"Yes, Spike," the filly asked with a sweet smile.

"Could you. . .would you. . .maybe. . .?"

"Yes. . .?" Sweetie Belle said with wide sparkly eyes and a joyous smile.

"This is it! This is it! He sees that I'm here for him! He sees that I'm prettier than my big sis! He's gonna ask me to be his special somepony!"

Spike sniffed and wiped his eyes. Then he finally said, "Could you. . .convince Rarity that she can still be with me cause I'm more mature for my age?"

". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

"OH, COME ON!"

The surge of green magic that came out of Sweetie Belle's horn caused all the machinery in the room to come to live with lights and sounds. Spike jumped up in shock and looked around wildly. His eyes soon feel upon Sweetie Belle, who looked visibly angry and frustrated. She reared up on her hind legs and pointed a hoof at him.

Hey!
I'm your life,
I'm the one who takes you there!
Hey!
I'm your life,
I'm the one who cares!

They!
They betray,
I'm your only true friend now!
They!
They'll betray,
I'm forever there!

Sweetie Belle hopped around the lab, jumping off of the machinery and rocking out to the beat produced by the whirring, clicking, and pounding machines.

I'm your dream, make you real
I'm your eyes when you must steal
I'm your pain when you can't feel
Sad but true!

I'm your dream, mind astray
I'm your eyes while you're away
I'm your pain while you repay
You know it's sad but true!

Sad but true!

Spike watched with wide eyes as Sweetie Belle ran on top of a huge roll of paper, unraveling it onto the floor. Once the roll was spent, she jumped onto the ground and right in front of Spike, causing him to flinch. Sweetie Belle's horn sparked as she swung her mane, causing her hairstyle to morph into that of Rarity's. The filly smiled as she began singing in a comical imitation of Rarity.

"You!
You're my mask!
You're my cover, my shelter!
You!
You're my mask!
You're the one who's blamed!"

"Do!
Do my work!
Do my dirty work, scapegoat!
Do!
Do my deeds!
For you're the one who's shamed!"

"I'm your dream, make you real
I'm your eyes when you must steal
I'm your pain when you can't feel
Sad but true!"

"I'm your dream, mind astray
I'm your eyes while you're away
I'm your pain while you repay
You know it's sad but true!"

"Sad but true!"

Sweetie Belle jumped in front of a glowing Plasma Globe as it's sparking light shone eerily around the lab, casting a malicious shadow on Rarity/Sweetie Belle. She jumped onto the glass globe and struck a quick pose. Spike just watched her with batted breath as she balanced on top of it. She stood still for a while, but then started dancing on top of the globe, still singing in an imitation of Rarity's voice.

I'm your dreams,
I'm your eyes,
I'm your pain

I'm your dreams,
I'm your eyes,
I'm your pain
You know it's sad but true

Spike looked up in slight fear as green sparks showered down from Sweetie Belle's horn. They showered down onto his scales, but bounced off harmlessly and faded away when they hit the floor. Oblivious to this, Sweetie Belle continued to sing in an angry Rarity voice.

"Hate!
I'm your hate
I'm your hate when you want love
Pay!
Pay the price
Pay for nothing's fair"

"Hey!
I'm your life
I'm the one who took you there
Hey!
I'm your life
And I no longer care!"

"I'm your dream, make you real
I'm your eyes when you must steal
I'm your pain when you can't feel
Sad but true!"

"I'm your truth, telling lies
I'm your reasoned alibis
I'm inside, open your eyes
I'm you!

Sad but true!"

Sweetie Belle jumped off of the sphere and landed dramatically, her hair style returning to its normal state in a flash as all the machinery turned off as well.

Spike stared at Sweetie Belle for a very long time. The filly was breathing heavily and looking at Spike with a look of longing and expectations. The dragon gulped down the lump in his throat and said, "I need to go somewhere to think. . .is that okay?"

Sweetie Belle smiled and nodded. Spike walked at a normal pace up the stairs and out the door. Sweetie Belles sighed contentedly and slid down onto her tummy. She smiled, although she felt exhausted. She was sure that after a song like that, and some time for it to sink in, Spike would definitely realize that Rarity just wasn't for him. And after her song tomorrow, he would be hers.


Curtian!

Author's Note:

This Act's featured song was "Sad But True" by Metallica. Thank you so much Rametap for the suggestion. This song was just perfect for this scene!
On the song list:
WANT IT NEED IT by Jeff the Strider
Misa's Song from Death Note
Aviators- Her Darker Side
Brand New Day from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Slipping from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Still Alive- Portal (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
Want you Gone- Portal 2 (Suggested by TheMainManeMaineBrony)
<Song Name Redacted> (I still can't say this title. It'd be a spoiler)
Poor Unfortunate Souls from the Little Mermaid
Death, Death (Devil, Devil, Evil, Evil Songs) by Voltaire [Modified/Edited/Censored/Cleaned of course]
Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Friends on the Other Side from the Princess and the Frog
Stand My Ground by Within Temptation (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
The Game by Disturbed (Suggested by The Great Derpsby)
Some Nights by Fun.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
A True, True Friend
The Joker's Song from Batman Arkum Asylum
Revenge by Madonna
In the Dark of the Night from Anastasia
What Have You Done by Within Temptation
He's Mine by MoKenStef
Everybody Plays the Fool by Aaron Neville
In the End by Lincoln Park (Suggested by Soundwave567)
The Apothecary by Enter the Haggis (Suggested by TheStratovarian)
Sad But True by Metallica (Suggested by Rametep)
It's Time For Action (Suggested and written by diamondstartheunicorn)
I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO Speedwagon

Those are a few ideas I have, but now I wanna hear from you. What song would you like me to incorporate into my musical? It can be from anything, and as long as you want. Just give me your suggestion, and I'll see if I can work it into the plot. Thumbs Up and Favorite!

"OH, COME ON!"